Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario
Default Re: War Declared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
Reality check: the Chinese army isn't untrained.
Reality reboot: They aren't better trained. Its master versus journeyman in comparison to the US vs. China in terms of training.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 03-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Lucario View Post
Reality reboot: They aren't better trained. Its master versus journeyman in comparison to the US vs. China in terms of training.
More like master versus expert, you guys don't give nearly enough credit to China. Sad considering they own most of your country.

Fun fact of the day: military service is compulsory at the age of 18 in China. **** yeah People's Liberation Army.

Might I also remind you that most of Amurica's army are CoD heads, and it's only going to get worse as the older intelligent people die out and are replaced with the brain dead generations of today.

Last edited by Lan.exe; 03-28-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
More like master versus expert, you guys don't give nearly enough credit to China. Sad considering they own most of your country.

Fun fact of the day: military service is compulsory at the age of 18 in China. **** yeah People's Liberation Army.

Might I also remind you that most of Amurica's army are CoD heads, and it's only going to get worse as the older intelligent people die out and are replaced with the brain dead generations of today.

America's army is a well-funded (over-funded, actually) and well-oiled machine. We have troops deployed all over the world because, well, we care and don't like leaving country after country to fall into disarray. And if the United Nations isn't going to do scrap about it, who is?

As for "China owning the United States," they don't. America just owns China a lot of money, which they could pay off through money creation, but the drawback would be some pretty hefty inflation. Rough, but possible. China's economy depends on the United States, and its the reason why they've been emerging as an economic superpower and its the reason why they've been agreeing to invest in America (notice how I said invest, not purchase). They've also been rapidly benefiting from free trade agreements, which if they were to disappear, they would lose an extremely vital economic advantage. And if said free trade agreements were to vanish, companies that practiced globalization would be pushed back to return to their home countries to avoid the new tariffs. Also, most of what China produces are things we just like to have, not things we actually need and depend upon for survival. If things got really ugly, America could easily start manufacturing its own goods. The only reason why companies locate factories over in China is because labor is cheap there, and they don't need to worry about American environmental regulations. Meanwhile, major Chinese cities live in a cesspool of smog, pollution, and other environmental hazards. I'm sure that's not helping their health very much. 16 of the world's 20 most polluted cities are in China. It's not a pretty sight. There's a reason why America has these regulations in place, and its not to annoy companies. It IS a life or death situation.

As for CoD, its a game. Only immature kids that play that game (kids that shouldn't be playing it in the first place) take it literally and believe this is how real wars are fought. I've played four CoD games and I don't act like I know everything about guns, I've never even touched one.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:

Fear-mongering media says "you fell right into my trap". Most US debt belongs to the US, so in terms of national economic power it makes absolutely no difference whether that part of the debt's paid off.

Quote:
That must be why they have only 1 million more soldiers than America despite having 4 times the population, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mber_of_troops

China: 3,455,000
United States: 2,455,837

Quote:
Fun fact of the day: Every single generation has thought the next generation was going to be the end of all they worked for. Welcome to the cycle of old age.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."

Last edited by Lusankya; 03-28-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Lan.exe Offline

I love how we all just keep branching off into irrelevancy. That was a personal statement, and how much value you place on certain information should be strongly considered.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

So how about that war in Libya, huh?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
I love how we all just keep branching off into irrelevancy. That was a personal statement, and how much value you place on certain information should be strongly considered.
Also, idk who told you military service was compulsory in China, because that's blatantly wrong. All men are required to sign up, yes, but actually being in the military is entirely voluntary. The process is almost identical to the Selective Service in the US.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 03-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Also, idk who told you military service was compulsory in China, because that's blatantly wrong. All men are required to sign up, yes, but actually being in the military is entirely voluntary. The process is almost identical to the Selective Service in the US.
Wrong, it's compulsory but not enforced. They have enough volunteers that they don't give a crap. Good thing you fell for my bluff.

**** can we go back to the original topic perhaps?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:44 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Wrong, it's compulsory but not enforced. They have enough volunteers that they don't give a crap. Good thing you fell for my bluff.

**** can we go back to the original topic perhaps?
Then it's not very compulsory, is it?

Also, breaking news in Libya: nothing's changed.

Art Gallery
Old 03-28-2011, 03:08 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Also, breaking news in Libya: nothing's changed.
Not much has changed on whether the US could beat China in a fight, either, but we've still managed to spend six pages talking about it in a thread that has nothing to do with it. I'm honestly pretty disappointed; the Libya conflict has good arguments for both sides (that is, whether or not to get involved) as well as a lot of good miscellaneous talking points on the rebels, how nucking futs the dictator is, etc., yet everyone abandoned that after the first page in favor of hypothetical discussion about Red-Blooded America vs. The Despicable Commies!

Incidentally, I'm undecided on the issue of whether America should get further involved or not. On one hand, Gadhafi is completely insane and really desperately needs to be ousted; on the other, the US has two wars on its hands as it is and popular support for a third would be absolutely dead.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
So how about that war in Libya, huh?
There's a war in Libya?

No but in all seriousness I agree. This has gotten waaaaaay out of hand, and much as I've enjoyed the banter and debate on military tactics and history this is supposed to be a thread about the Libyan no-fly zone and the uprising in general (are we allowed to call this a civil war yet or no?)

As for our involvement, we don't need to be any more involved than we are now. Our only interest is to help protect civilians, it's up to the rebels to oust Gadhaffi.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Not much has changed on whether the US could beat China in a fight, either, but we've still managed to spend six pages talking about it in a thread that has nothing to do with it. I'm honestly pretty disappointed; the Libya conflict has good arguments for both sides (that is, whether or not to get involved) as well as a lot of good miscellaneous talking points on the rebels, how nucking futs the dictator is, etc., yet everyone abandoned that after the first page in favor of hypothetical discussion about Red-Blooded America vs. The Despicable Commies!

Incidentally, I'm undecided on the issue of whether America should get further involved or not. On one hand, Gadhafi is completely insane and really desperately needs to be ousted; on the other, the US has two wars on its hands as it is and popular support for a third would be absolutely dead.
60% of Americans support the war in Libya.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/03/24/in-us...ry-action.html

Art Gallery
Old 03-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

Bad habit of mine to push things off topic. Or at least staying on the derail train. :/

As for Libya I support providing air support in defense of the citizens. Its exactly what "globocop" should be doing. Establishing a no-fly zone is not that difficult over a country as big as Libya so the US only uses a small amount of its overall air force. Not that big of a cost for the US and its effective as well. As long as ground troops aren't involved I'm for the involvement.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 03-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I believe the Arab League is taking care of that, so no worries.