Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:03 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default [MOTM] March 2011 - Discussion [Voting Deadline: March 30th]

Here's where we can talk about March MOTM in entirety. Feel free to suggest new categories for April, as I always need new ideas. ^___^

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 03-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley
Default Re: [MOTM] March 2011 - Discussion [Voting Deadline: March 30th]

I request that we bring back the two best categories in MOTM history that disappeared for no reason.

Most Bizarre Member
Noob of the Month
Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I request that we bring back the two best categories in MOTM history that disappeared for no reason.

Most Bizarre Member
Noob of the Month
They actually disappeared for a very good reason. Just for future reference, here are all (or most) of the original categories I threw out:

Spoiler:
Best Comeback:
Best Couple:
Most Bizarre Member:
Noob of the Month:
Coolest Member:
Smartest Member:
Nicest Member:
Funniest Member:
Best Personality:
Best Male:
Best Female:

The reason: They aren't really (excluding Noob of the Month and Best Couple; I'll get to that later) justifiable; they're ambiguous and vague. You can say that anyone is the Coolest Member or the Smartest Member. That's why we developed the Best Friend category; I pulled most of those categories and rolled them all into one. As for Noob of the Month (and Most Bizarre), it just doesn't feel right to include it; it's insulting another member, and it's wrong, even if they're breaking the rules. As for Best Couple, the coupling system is now member run instead of PE2K run, so you could say that Billy Bob and Mary Sue are a couple, and then turn around and say that Billy Bob and Mary Jane are a couple. Really, in this instance, Billy Bob's the one getting all of the recognition here.

However, I can parlay and agree that they can be Temporary Categories once in a while.

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 03-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Well see, in my opinion, you threw out some very good categories.
Best Couple should still be up there, and not just be a February thing, because I'm pretty sure there are a few couples on here that would love to get the attention, or just get recognized.
I also know several people who are deserving of the Nicest Member award, but I have been unable to vote so.
Best Male and Female were also good categories, because despite the huge amount of competition in them, people still voted in them, and that generally meant that they were working categories.
I also know some funny and smart people on here! It's just sad that they won't get recognized.
No one ever took offense to Most Bizarre, but Noob of the Month is questionable. Generally by the time the votes are tallied up, that "noob" is most likely gone or matured up enough to see and laugh about it. Or just doesn't come to these boards in the first place.

And besides, this is for fun. I don't think I've ever seen anyone take offense to what they've won, just to what they didn't win.
But anywho, that's just my opinion on the categories I miss. I don't mean to bash you for doing your job, I respect that. :3

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 03-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Most of my reason for voting at all in MotM was because it was fun to pick people for those highly opinion-based categories. Now that those are all gone, there's absolutely no draw for me to vote. It's become more like a serious competition, rather than a fun way to support other people on the forum, and it just isn't enjoyable to participate in any more. :/

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 03-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I always took Most Bizarre as a compliment, it's like "weird and crazy in a cool way."

Kind of like, similar to Funniest Member, in a different sense.

In the past it was always me and LS The Door Mat competing for that title, and we'd always laugh about it. I see nothing wrong with it.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:49 AM

Very well. It has been decided. The old categories will be making a comeback next month.

~Professor Geoffrey