Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Pokomum Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Did Nintendo Sabotage 3DS with Pokemon Black & White?

Whether Nintendo mis-timed the 3DS launch or not I don't know but have a suspicion it wouldn't really have made a significant difference had things been different.

I liked the concept of the 3DS and had every intention of having one, that was until I took a trial before its launch. It took about 30 seconds for me to not like it as a 3D console. (I have had no problems previously viewing 3D images using glasses) The graphics strained my eyes very quickly to the point of frustration but as soon as the game was switched back to 2D it was fine.

I did like it for its added features and being able to use real life images to background a game was alot of fun. However not being able to comfortably use the console for its intended 3D use, it completly lost the point for me. Will be sticking with my DS Lite for now.

Last edited by Pokomum; 03-31-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Randor Send a message via Yahoo to Randor Send a message via Skype™ to Randor

I see where you are coming from Pokomum, The 3DS does have some medical downsides, but with the 3D Depth Slider you can control the level of 3D you get while playing and make it 2D this way you don't have eye strain. But you could miss out on some of the cooler 3D game features.... It all depends on your style and what you expect in a game :)
Old 03-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Pokomum Offline
Amateur Trainer

I did have a play around with the slider but I think by that time the damage had been done. I have played several DS games but now use it pretty much exclusively for pokemon. If they could just fine tune the 3D viewing it would be fabulous. To have a pokemon battle on my hand...how cool would THAT be. For now though I feel that there is no point in having a 3D consule that I can only comfortably use in 2D. Real shame.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Randor Send a message via Yahoo to Randor Send a message via Skype™ to Randor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokomum View Post
I did have a play around with the slider but I think by that time the damage had been done. I have played several DS games but now use it pretty much exclusively for pokemon. If they could just fine tune the 3D viewing it would be fabulous. To have a pokemon battle on my hand...how cool would THAT be. For now though I feel that there is no point in having a 3D consule that I can only comfortably use in 2D. Real shame.
I understand exactly where you are coming from, another downside to the 3DS is they are making new additions of all the best games and continuing really good franchises, which is not the bad part, it just forces people to buy the 3DS to continue there favorite gaming franchises. For example "Paper Mario" which is my favorite console game by Nintendo...
Old 03-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Or maybe because it's $250?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

For some odd reason the price does not really bother me, it is a little ironic however that the 3DS starting price is way more that the Nintendo Wii's price (Now a days)
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
I'm thinking this is probably the most likely answer.

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 04-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
Haha, you're lucky. Here it's $350 and the Aussie dollar is currently HIGHER than the US dollar! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
That is an irrational statement. Did one think that Black and White could possibly just be a filler? I mean, to be honest, they only changed enough in B&W to make it seem fresh. It is my personal belief that they are going to come out with something much more impressive.
I kinda agree with this. When you look at the changes from generation to generation. DP and BW seem to have the least, at least graphically. In fact, if not for the new Pokemon, BW could be a 4th gen game.

I think postponing BW for the 3DS would have helped to sell the 3DS, however, it would have had a negative effect on sales of BW. I guess it's a trade off and they figured they might as well send off the DS with a bang. Besides, there will always be more Pokemon games to help sell the 3DS later.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Oh, hello there.

XD There's two of us! Yay!

Anyway, I didn't realize the stas for not being able to see 3D on the system was that high. Honestly, I have to admit I was kind of surprised it didn't bug my eyes more since I'm nearsighted and need glasses to see anything further than five feet away from me clearly. I will admit the I find the angle thing a pain, though, it hasn't been a massive issue yet since my first game for the system is Nintendogs...though I will openly admit I love the new look for the new system. Pretty awesome to have your dog look close enough lick your face. Even if he's about as smart as a block of concrete.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 04-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
To be honest, I despised the 3DS as soon as I first saw it. Its creation is just Nintendo being a cash cow.
i couldnt agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Lol I'm laughing at, the price tag on the 3DS really isn't worth it in my opinion.
this is again TRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Sabrefang View Post
I will stick with my much more impressive DSi XL.
last one quoted for the optimal truth.

I happen to have this feeling when i think about the 3ds like If i like it i would feel cheated... To me yeah the new techology of the 3DS just goes around the WiFi issues that the older versions of the DS family couldnt/wouldnt..
but in hindsight (personally & dont take this personal to all you who have or plan of getting one) I find the 3DS to be a downgrade of the DS family.. why or how you ask.. well you're buying something with better internet capabilities but you're also buying a handheld with the same screen size as the 1st Gen DSes- the DSi was the bigger better deal screensize and what not, only for the DSi XL to come out the following year which to me is in fact the next best thing when it comes to the DS family..
the price on th XL is just about the same now give or take of the regular DSi but with a larger screen I've test played it & seen the pokemon games 1st hand on XL & that IMO is the hottest ticket..

Pokérus Empire
Old 04-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Roze Offline

I actually tried out a 3DS and I really want it. I know, let me be stoned but I think everything about it looks cool and the 3D was done very well. I however am most certainly waiting until Zelda comes out and even more likely waiting until the next version comes out with a better projected battery life then 3 hours. I don't see myself owning one until maybe summer 2012 as a graduation gift to myself assumingthere is a a new model that costs $199.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 04-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I actually tried out a 3DS and I really want it. I know, let me be stoned but I think everything about it looks cool and the 3D was done very well. I however am most certainly waiting until Zelda comes out and even more likely waiting until the next version comes out with a better projected battery life then 3 hours. I don't see myself owning one until maybe summer 2012 as a graduation gift to myself assuming there is a a new model that costs $199.
You can buy a different battery for that. They've come out with one that you can buy separate that lasts a great deal longer. Not much of an article, but there's proof for those that want it. And I think Zelda's supposed to be coming out in June or July.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net