Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Kimlasca-Lanvaldear Offline
New Trainer

Default My water pokemon team

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Acid Spray
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers (?)
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Curse

Starmie @ Leftovers (?)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SAtk / 76 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave / Ice Beam / Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Recover / Calm Mind?

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash (?)
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs:
Hardy Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Explosion

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs:
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind / Curse
- Slack Off

Vaporeon (M) @ Focus Band
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Def / 180 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Wish
- Toxic
- Rest

-items that i marked with (?) are the ones i'm not sure to put...
-i want to make this team but i haven't tested it yet... also, i am planning of putting either gyarados or kingdra but i don't know which to put away.
please help me build my team
thanks in advance ~
Old 04-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Randor Send a message via Yahoo to Randor Send a message via Skype™ to Randor
Default Re: My water pokemon team

Seems like a very solid team! The stats are good and the items being carried are good, but I am never fond of a one type team, It's going to be hard to fight against trainers who have Pokemon that are multiple types and maybe even superior to water types. But it is a great set--up.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Grass type= lolololol

Unfortunately monotype teams force themselves into having too big a bottleneck when it comes to type coverage, both offensively and defensively. In this particular case, Ferrothorn stops your entire team cold, taking pretty much any attack and beating on you with a surprisingly powerful STAB Power Whip which it can effortlessly spam for 2HKOs on your entire team, and that's with no EVs and a neutral nature. This is what happens when people build monotype teams, unfortunately it looks like you've simply slapped 5 random Waters onto a team without any thoughts of team composition.

The easy way to fix it is to bring in a non-water type, which is highly recommended unless you're determined to use this in a strict monotype tournament. The aforementioned Ferrothorn could would quite nicely, resisting both grass and electric type attacks and being a solid defensive core in general. Putting it in over Vaporeon would be my suggestion, wish support is somewhat redundant (Recover over Brick Break on Quagsire by the way, you want 252HP/252SpDef/6Att for the EV spread too).

Or if you're determined to be difficult, try working this god-awful thing into your team;

Azumarill@Leftovers
Calm (Sap Sipper)
240HP/142Def/128SpDef
Rest
Sleep Talk
Scald
Encore

Azumarill is bloody awful without Huge Power, but it's the only Water type with a grass immunity, granted to it through it's Dream World ability Sap Sipper. The HP EVs make a leftovers number (Assuming 31 IVs), Calm+128 bring the SpDef stat to an even 250, the rest goes into defence. Scald for burns and stopping you from being taunt bait, RestTalk for survivability and Encore to stop you being setup bait. Once again, I'd suggest this over Vaporeon.

Since Slowking's and Cloyster's EVs are blank, I assume you're looking for suggestions; 252HP/252SpAtt/4Def@Quiet for a Slowking, 252Att/252Spd/6SpDef@Jolly for Cloyster.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Kimlasca-Lanvaldear Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
Grass type= lolololol

Unfortunately monotype teams force themselves into having too big a bottleneck when it comes to type coverage, both offensively and defensively. In this particular case, Ferrothorn stops your entire team cold, taking pretty much any attack and beating on you with a surprisingly powerful STAB Power Whip which it can effortlessly spam for 2HKOs on your entire team, and that's with no EVs and a neutral nature. This is what happens when people build monotype teams, unfortunately it looks like you've simply slapped 5 random Waters onto a team without any thoughts of team composition.

The easy way to fix it is to bring in a non-water type, which is highly recommended unless you're determined to use this in a strict monotype tournament. The aforementioned Ferrothorn could would quite nicely, resisting both grass and electric type attacks and being a solid defensive core in general. Putting it in over Vaporeon would be my suggestion, wish support is somewhat redundant (Recover over Brick Break on Quagsire by the way, you want 252HP/252SpDef/6Att for the EV spread too).

Or if you're determined to be difficult, try working this god-awful thing into your team;

Azumarill@Leftovers
Calm (Sap Sipper)
240HP/142Def/128SpDef
Rest
Sleep Talk
Scald
Encore

Azumarill is bloody awful without Huge Power, but it's the only Water type with a grass immunity, granted to it through it's Dream World ability Sap Sipper. The HP EVs make a leftovers number (Assuming 31 IVs), Calm+128 bring the SpDef stat to an even 250, the rest goes into defence. Scald for burns and stopping you from being taunt bait, RestTalk for survivability and Encore to stop you being setup bait. Once again, I'd suggest this over Vaporeon.

Since Slowking's and Cloyster's EVs are blank, I assume you're looking for suggestions; 252HP/252SpAtt/4Def@Quiet for a Slowking, 252Att/252Spd/6SpDef@Jolly for Cloyster.
wow...
i have not played pokemon since the 3rd generation. as i can see, may things have changed.
before, i used to finish the game using only one main type of pokemon. i was even able to defeat other people with the same team, but with different moves, items, etc.

if you would be so kind, can you teach me how to balance my team and maybe create one that can either be a huge damaging team or a stall team with any water pokemon as lead?
please? i am also planning to use whatever team i can get here in-game, when i receive my pokemon black next month. thank you Gofre

Last edited by Kimlasca-Lanvaldear; 04-03-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Closed Thread