Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Natomax Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Natomax
Default My Returning Sandstorm Team

Well its ben years since i properly battled pokemon and im returning to it with White.
I have always wanted to make a sandstorm stall team (just to annoy my friends who i battle with), and heres the team idea so far -:

Tyranitar @ ? (255 Atk/ 255 Spd)
Nature- Adamant
Ability-Sand Stream
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Hone Claws/Thunderfang
-Tyranitar as ive always loved him as a physical sweeper and ability is great for an opener to this team

Hippowdon @ ? (255 atk/ not sure where to split other ev's)
Naure- Adamant
Ability-Sand Stream
Earthquake
Thunderfang
Fire fang/ice fang (for grass types)
Roar/protect (stalling with protect and Roar for hurting with Stealth rocks and spikes)
-Hippowdon is backup Sandstorm pokemon and a second phys attacker

Gliscor @ ? (252 Spd/40 Atk/ Def+Hp split of remainder)
Nature- Jolly
Ability- Sand Veil
U-turn
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Aerial ace
- planned to be a bit of a physical wall and a mixed attacked too

Lucario @ ? (255 S.Atk/ 255 Spd)
Nature- Modest
Aura Sphere
Psychic
Detect
Dragon pulse
- Special sweeper, and detect to stall

Skarmory @ leftovers (252 Hp/64 atk/192 Def)
Keen Eye
Nature- Impish
Spikes
Aerial ace/Sky attack
Whirlwind
Rest
- i was thinking sky atack to get an extra sandstorm damage in, and skarmory as a basic phys wall and spiker

Probopass @ leftovers (252 def/252 S.Def/ 6 Hp)
Narute- Careful
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave/ Toxic
Rest
Explosion
-Wall and used for stealth rock. toxic would be handy for stalling but i was thinking thunder wave to slow a spec sweeper so that t-tar could come in faster and kill it.

Any help would be really appreciated, especially with items, as im quite rusty at the moment
Thanks, NMX

W/2/L/0/D/0
.................................................. ........................................
Old 03-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: My Returning Sandstorm Team

Dragon Dance Gyara= gg. Same goes for any water type sweeper really. At +1 it can quite capably destroy everything on your team, with only Skarmory standing a chance of surviving a 2HKO.

Sandstorm teams don't have to be built solely around Pokemon that are immune to sandstorm damage. Covering type weaknesses and maximising synergy is far more important than simply avoiding the 6% loss, this just creates a bottleneck on the types you can use. Concentrate more on balance with a couple of members that can capitalise on the Sand rather than a team that can simply survive it. I'll rate again when things are a bit more balanced. That aside;

-On spreads where you're going to max out two stats, you want to go 252/252/6 rather than 255/255. Only EVs divisible by 4 actually apply to the stats, and every little helps if you can get an extra point out of your EVs.
-Get the idea of Sky Attack out of your head. You leave yourself entirely immobile for a turn and let the opponent know exactly what's coming next. Brave Bird is Skarm's best attacking option, you can Roost off the recoil.
-Hone Claws is useless on a Poke with access to Curse or Dragon Dance and only a single move with non-perfect accuracy.
-Probopass sucks as a wall, it's typing is way too poor and its movepool is severely lacking. It was terrible in gen 4, it's even worse in gen 5.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Natomax Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Natomax

see this is what i meant by rusty. i didnt think about any of these things. Hone Claws is out, as i thought it raised attack 2 stages, not att and accuracy. Any 5th gen pokemon being used a lot in competitions. and this wasnt meant to be properly competitive, it was just to annoy my friends and practice ev training and breeding again. Thanks for the advice Gofre

NMX

W/2/L/0/D/0
.................................................. ........................................
Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Altrius Offline

Use Hippowden as your defense wall and swap out Probopass for Excadrill. Seriously, Excadrill in a Sandstorm is a frightening prospect as a physical sweeper.

Hippowden - 252 Hp/252Def/4SpD
Leftovers
Nature - Impish
Ability - Sand Stream
- Substitute
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Yawn

This set of Hippowden seriously bugs people out. Hes got the bulk to take hits, and with Toxic/Sub/Slack Off he can keep himself up all day long. Not only that but he keeps sandstorm up constantly.

Excadrill - 252Atk/252Spd/4Hp
Life orb
Nature - Adamant
Ability Sand Rush
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Terrifying pokemon. Switch him in on a pokemon your know your opponant is going to switch, Swords Dance once then just watch him steamroll entire teams.