Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Default Open Battle: Dark Moonlight vs Rival Silver -- Agent Shih-na wins.

(1) Single battle, 1 pokemon each
(2) DQ: 3 days
(3) Damage caps: 50
(4) Restrictions: 3 chills
(5) Arena: SkyScraper Rooftop, the flat roof top of the highest building of a very modern city.
(6) Ref style: Open

I will send out Huff!

[Huff] (Male)
Ability: White Smoke

Spoiler:

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 08-05-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Open Battle: Dark Moonlight vs Rival Silver

Staryu! Prepare for battle!

Species: Staryu
Ability: Natural Cure
Signature Move: None

Start with Thunder wave, if he uses protect use minimize. Next, if the previous thunder wave failed, used it again. If the previous thunder wave was successful, use Rain Dance.

Thunder Wave/Minimize ~ Thunder Wave/Rain Dance

I hope I understood conditionals correctly...

<--- Credit to Doodlebop|Credit to Temporal Snake
Old 03-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Urrrgh!

Start off with an Amnesia. Next, attempt a Rock Slide.

Amnesia ~ Rock Slide

Spoiler:
Old 03-12-2011, 01:29 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Prebattle
Three figures stood on top of the ASB’s main headquarters – the skyscraper which dominates the skyline of the city around it. Below them people were moving through the streets oblivious to what was about to unfold above them. I watched them as they hurried on their way; they looked like Trapinch from up here – that’s how high up we were. Just thinking about what would happen if someone fell off of here was enough to make me sick, so I turned from the perilous edge to watch the battle.

The two competitors who were brave, or foolish, enough up here had taken their places and sent out their battlers. On my left was Dark Moonlight and her shiny Torkoal, Huff. On the other side was Rival Silver, who would be represented on the battlefield by his Staryu.

Round One

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: None
Moves: Amnesia ~ Rock Slide

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

Energy: 100%
Moves: Thunder Wave ~ Rain Dance

Staryu was by far quicker than Huff so was able to move first. It built up a small electrical charge, which started to crackle around the gem at the centre of its body. When sufficient charge had been gathered a beam of electrical energy was shot at Huff and hit him in the neck. The charge shot through the fire turtle and dealt damage to its muscles – making them stiff and therefore harder to move. Due to this, Huff was unable to move and collapsed to the ground uselessly.

Staryu moved quickly while her opponent was down. Energy was put into its gem so that it glowed a deep blue and it leaned back to shine the light upwards. A blue orb slowly started to grow around the gem, growing more quickly as it got bigger. Eventually, it was released into the sky, where it exploded, causing rain to pour down on the area around the skyscraper. In the streets below the people started to hurry even more or find cover so that they didn’t get too wet. I looked up and sighed while Dark Moonlight growled, fire-types don’t work very well in the rain. Torkoal was still struggling to get up, however, the paralysis was still too strong to allow him to, which left his trainer tearing her hair out in frustration.

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

Energy: 94%
Condition: Paralyzed

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

Energy: 81%

Notes
Thunder Wave (Staryu -8 Energy; Torkoal Paralyzed)
Amnesia (No effect due to Paralysis; Torkoal -2 Energy)
Rain Dance (Rain now in effect; Staryu -11 Energy)
Rock Slide (No effect due to Paralysis (rolled 69, 50 or under hits); Torkoal -4 Energy)

Arena Notes
It is raining for 3 more actions. Power of fire-type moves is multiplied by 0.5 (halved) and power of water-type moves is multiplied by 1.5.

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 03-18-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

I'm curious as to why you have "Wing Attack" in the attacks for Huff.

Anyways Huff... YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!! Use the same moves.

Amnesia ~ Rock Slide

Spoiler:
Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

I'm curious as to why you have "Wing Attack" in the attacks for Huff.

Anyways Huff... YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!! Use the same moves.

Amnesia ~ Rock Slide

Spoiler:
Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

I saw that earlier and luled.

The rain... It's so delecate. Yet here it will increase the power of your worst nightmare!

Hyrdo pump x2!

Hydro Pump ~ Hyrdo Pump

Old 03-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

Energy: 94%
Moves: Amnesia~Rock Slide

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

Energy: 81%
Moves: Hydro Pump~Hydro Pump

Staryu's center gem glints as it jumps, spinning rapidly with its front facing Huff. Its individual arms disappear, blurring into a circle, and a massive torrent of water gushes out of its center, blasting forward with force to shame white water rapids the world over. Huff, still immobilized by his paralysis, is unable to move in time to avoid the blast, and is caught directly in the face. The force of the water sends him flying back, dangerously close to the edge of the roof, but fortunately the raised edge causes him to bounce off instead of falling to his death.

Thankfully, this appears to have stimulated Huff's body enough to overcome the paralysis, allowing him to properly concentrate on his move. His eyes close, and he begins sorting through his memories, choosing several which, while important, are not ones he will miss. He then calmly releases them, temporarily allowing them to slip through his grasp-definitely one skill that has not diminished with age...

Huff's eyes open. Where am I? How did we get on top of this building? Why is my body suddenly locking down? And why is that Staryu spinning like-OH GOD HYDRO PUMP IN RAIN!

Staryu's second Hydro Pump blazes forward, slightly less powerful than the last to accommodate the rules of the battle. Huff clearly has no idea what's going on, making the starfish's job easier. However, just before the attack hits, a muscle spasm takes Huff's body over, forcing him to buckle at the knees and fall to his belly. This causes the attack to sail right over his head, striking the roof instead. Meanwhile, Huff's own paralyzed quandary leaves him unable to stand and use his next move.

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

HP: 73%
Energy: 86%
Status: Feeling like a disabled Alzheimer's patient. Paralyzed, SpDef+2.

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

Energy: 57%

Notes
Staryu-Hydro Pump (rolled 63 out of 100, 80 or lower to hit. Rolled 12 out of 16, 1 for critical. Dealt 27 damage. Energy cost: 12).
Huff-Amnesia (rolled 39, 25 or lower for full paralysis. SpDef+2. Energy cost: 4)
Staryu-Hydro Pump (rolled 95 out of 100, 80 or lower to hit. Energy cost: 12)
Huff-Rock Slide (rolled 3, 25 or lower for full paralysis. Energy cost: 4)
Arena Notes: Raining, 2 more actions.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

OH GOD HYDRO PUMP IN RAIN!

lol

Spoiler:
Old 03-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

Hydro pump, but if he uses protect then minimize. Then use Water pulse, if he uses protect use minimize

Hydro Pump/Minimize ~ Water Pulse/Minimize

Old 03-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Just to clarify, are OHKOs allowed?

Spoiler:
Old 03-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
Just to clarify, are OHKOs allowed?
Yep, I don't care for damage caps or OHKO clauses or anything like that until I get a reason to fear them.

Edit: Except for that 50 dmg cap thing it says at the top... Now why did I put that up again?

Last edited by Rival Silver; 03-17-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Alright then Huff... Looks like we'll have to wrap this up early.

Fissure ~ Fissure

Spoiler:
Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Three

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

HP: 73%
Energy: 86%
Condition: Feeling like a disabled Alzheimer’s patient; Paralyzed; +2 Special defence
Moves: Fissure ~ Fissure

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

Energy: 57%
Condition: Curses, foiled
Moves: Hydro Pump ~ Water Pulse

Staryu was ready to press home its advantage in this round; the miss last time had made it a little disappointed but it was ready to get back on track this time. Water soaked into the star-shaped body as the gem began to glow a deep red. Huff struggled to his feet and looked up at his opponent just in time to see it leap into the air and start to spin once more. Taking a little while to understand what was going on, the amnesiac Torkoal didn’t react until the jet of water erupted from the glowing gem and hit it in the face again. For the second time he skidded dangerously close to the edge of the building but was saved by the raised edge.

Huff rose slowly and as majestically as possible with unsteady muscles, they weren’t even very good before he was paralyzed, and made sure he could stand up properly before attempting his next attack. When he was sure he wouldn’t end up falling over, his feet began to glow white. Staryu watched him from a distance – there was no way he could pull this off, was there? Huff’s front-left foot left the ground, slowly at first to avoid discomfort. Now the sea star was getting worried, it couldn’t work, just a little longer and it’d win; it decided to start its next attack in an attempt to stop Huff. However, Huff wasn’t going to be stopped. He saw the orb of water being formed in front of Staryu’s gem but didn’t panic – he couldn’t now. The foot slammed into the floor, causing a brilliant flash of light and making the building tremble. I stumbled back and grasped hold of the nearest thing I could to stop me falling.

When the light and smoke had cleared everyone was certain who was the winner – while Staryu had fallen through the hole in the roof which had been made by the fissure, Huff stood victoriously in the pouring rain. He had now recovered from paralysis and looked much better than before. I looked down the hole in the roof at the crushed work desks, sodden papers and terrified people; someone was going to pay a lot for this...

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

HP: 46%
Energy: 58%
Condition: Victorious despite all odds

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

HP: 0%
Energy: 45%
Condition: FAINTED

Notes
Hydro Pump- (Hits; Staryu -12 Energy; Torkoal -27 HP)
Fissure- (Paralysis roll 35/100, 90 or less works; rolled 16/100, 30 or less hits; Torkoal -28 Energy; Staryu faints)

Arena Notes
None

Winnings
Dark Moonlight gains $14
Rival Silver gains $5
(Now get it to the bank before someone takes the money to pay for the damage done to the roof.)