Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Latisiblings Offline

Default Re: Brink of Insanity - NOT Recruiting! (15/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamon Xx View Post
I don't know if you would agree with me on this but I feel the metagame would be more complex and fun while also having the OVERALL skill to play increased, which would be more like 4th gen if...

1. They ban/nerf the stupid stuff. (easy example - Weather)
2. Not ban/nerf stuff that is completly beatable. (yes I'm ranting about Blaze again)
3. Last but certainly not least, get the silly notion outta there head that "if it was op in 4th then it can't possibly be op in 5th"

I'm hopping for a new tiering system to be made, not because I dislike smogon's but because there's is lazily based on use which I feel can be improved. Well there's my rant.
I can see where you're coming from for points 1 and 2, but in reality, 3 is actually not true at all. Lati@s, Chomp, Mence, Wobb, etc. have not been banned, and they haven't banned beyond the obvious from the 4th gen (Deo-A, Darkrai and such).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0nes_sp0tlessmind View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader Skyla View Post
Guys, I'm gonna leave this clan. Nothing is happening and I'm just bored silly.
And what were you hoping to find in this clan?
As much as I hate to be blunt, Cubones has a good point. Clans generally don't do mch except chat and battle.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 04-17-2011, 02:43 AM
cutter kirby Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamon Xx View Post
I don't know if you would agree with me on this but I feel the metagame would be more complex and fun while also having the OVERALL skill to play increased, which would be more like 4th gen if...

1. They ban/nerf the stupid stuff. (easy example - Weather)
2. Not ban/nerf stuff that is completly beatable. (yes I'm ranting about Blaze again)
3. Last but certainly not least, get the silly notion outta there head that "if it was op in 4th then it can't possibly be op in 5th"

I'm hopping for a new tiering system to be made, not because I dislike smogon's but because there's is lazily based on use which I feel can be improved. Well there's my rant.
lol you must be one of those guys that are sick and tired of weather. I have to admit its pretty annoying to see those teams all the time, but it does take skill to use it effectively. There are lots of mind games going on in weather vs. weather, because you have to play well to kill the opponents weather starter so you have to be good to constantly win weather wars. I personally use anti-weather, which has an advantage against weather, so the weather team has to use good skill to beat me. Weather only has an advantage against normal teams, and only in a weather vs normal team is the only scenario that I can think of that there isn't much skill involved. Moral: switch to a good anti-weather team

About Blaziken, I really don't understand why he got banned either. It seems like lots of people made Blaziken weak teams and were too lazy to adapt so they were like "hes too powerful for me to beat: broken"

About the third point, which pokemon in the 4th generation was broken that isn't banned in this gen that you feel should be banned? Just curious.

About the tiers comment: tiers R 4 queers. I don't care what the about the tiers except ubers and BL, which is not really based on usage. Its hard thinking of a another good alternative to that tiering system though.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Kamon Xx Offline
New Trainer

It's not in the sense that I hate weather teams, it more or less I injoy a metagame involving more then 4-5 teams (even tho they can vary somewhat). I generally run a normal team but usually I can beat weather teams decently (2-0/3-0) but it gets old seeing the same stuff while at the same time almost forced to play either weather or anti-weather. And about the point for it should be banned, I thought the reason to ban things was over centralizing the metagame or being so op that you have to bring 3-4 counters to stop it (not saying weather is op).

About point 3, I'm talking about things like lati twins although I dunno what recent bans or anything of that sort have happened recently.

And finally about the tiers comment, Its not that I care about tiers as a whole, just wanna see less people running the same stuff over and over (although people will run what they feel is best regardless) and I feel the tiers are helping things to be this way.

Oh almost forgot, reason I feel it requires less skill is because weather makes normal teams almost unrunable at times (people run the strongest teams to make things easier, mainly weather unless anti-weather is better overall which means that will become the "run this team to make the game easier" team)

Old 04-17-2011, 05:05 AM
Latisiblings Offline

DISCUSSION INTERRUPTION

I'm in a terrible slump lately. All my teams are failing (or my playstyle, dunno), and I'm about 150th, horrible considering it takes like 10 straight losses to get there. I'm going to try a Sandstorm team, but I'm doubting it would work.

EDIT: Just lost to a guy who ran a Ingrain+Iron Defense Nattorei. I'm starting to think we should ban Poli.

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?

Last edited by Latisiblings; 04-17-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:43 PM
dj-tiny Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
DISCUSSION INTERRUPTION

I'm in a terrible slump lately. All my teams are failing (or my playstyle, dunno), and I'm about 150th, horrible considering it takes like 10 straight losses to get there. I'm going to try a Sandstorm team, but I'm doubting it would work.

EDIT: Just lost to a guy who ran a Ingrain+Iron Defense Nattorei. I'm starting to think we should ban Poli.
use a fire move it has 4x weekness to it

Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Latisiblings Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-tiny View Post
use a fire move it has 4x weekness to it
I know that, my fire-type got mauled by a crit before. Anyways, it was in the rain, hence the Poli mention.

I won't be on for about 3 days, school trip.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:52 PM
dj-tiny Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
I know that, my fire-type got mauled by a crit before. Anyways, it was in the rain, hence the Poli mention.

I won't be on for about 3 days, school trip.
yea all endles weather should be uber

Old 04-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Yamirami Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter kirby View Post
About Blaziken, I really don't understand why he got banned either. It seems like lots of people made Blaziken weak teams and were too lazy to adapt so they were like "hes too powerful for me to beat: broken"

^Would this counter Speed Boost Blaziken? Sharpedo has 15 higher base speed than Blaziken, it has Speed Boost too, and has super effective moves. Haven't tried it yet though, I'll try Sharpedo on Friday when my new laptop charger arrives.
Also, I think I might run an anti-weather team. Any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-tiny View Post
yea all endles weather should be uber
Agreed. Perhaps then it could require more strategy than sending out Politoad.

EDIT: I'd like to know something. If I breed a Pokemon with a Dream World ability, will it pass on that ability to the offspring? I want to know because I have a couple with Dream World abilities, but bad natures.

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914

Last edited by Yamirami; 04-19-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:21 AM
cub0nes_sp0tlessmind Offline

Send a message via AIM to cub0nes_sp0tlessmind Send a message via Yahoo to cub0nes_sp0tlessmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post

EDIT: I'd like to know something. If I breed a Pokemon with a Dream World ability, will it pass on that ability to the offspring? I want to know because I have a couple with Dream World abilities, but bad natures.
Are you asking that if you were to breed a Pokemon with a DW ability, will that DW ability be its non-DW ability? If so, then no. I'm 99.9% sure of this. Sweet GIF by the way!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Novex Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Novex

Hey guys sorry i wasnt on this weekend it was prom
Beat the elite four and will hopefully be fighting n tonight meaning ill be breeding by this weekend if im lucky enough
Made by y2kpikachu12
Old 04-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Kamon Xx Offline
New Trainer

Quote:

^Would this counter Speed Boost Blaziken? Sharpedo has 15 higher base speed than Blaziken, it has Speed Boost too, and has super effective moves. Haven't tried it yet though, I'll try Sharpedo on Friday when my new laptop charger arrives.
It wouldn't beable to revenge or force it to switchout without aqua jet, even tho I would run aqua jet anyway to beable to revenge kill any weak poke before I get a speed boost.

Quote:
From what I heard if the female has the dream world ability and is breed with a male poke of the same type(ex. female Sharpedo with Speed Boost + Male Sharpedo) then you can not only pass over the DW ability but also egg moves.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, currently you can get the ability to recieve 1 of eevee's evolutions with its dream world ability through a game event thing here --> <(^.^<) // I figured I would mention incase anyone wanted to beable to get any of them, but you can only pick one...

Last edited by Kamon Xx; 04-19-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:00 PM
cutter kirby Offline

Quote:

Also, I think I might run an anti-weather team. Any tips?
Nothing counters speed boost blaziken except for Slowbro. Sharpedo has to be able switch in with little risk to be a counter, but high jump kick on the switch will do like 100% to it. It can easily revenge kill with aqua jet though. Since it can't do this, it's theoretically not a counter. However, its a good check (but so is anything with aqua jet). This question is useless because blaziken is banned anyways.

Anti-weather is the way to go this metagame. A good way to make it is by making a combo of 2 pokemon to beat each weather. For example, slowbro and virizion can almost single handedly beat sand

Quote:
I heard you can as long as its female, but Im not sure.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Latisiblings Offline

I'm back from my school trip. I realized that I'm at 301st of the WiFi ladder. It was a great welcome home.

Hey guys, what do you think of having Azu+Scizor+Deo-S+Breloom to beat sand? I've tried it once, the hax from Scalds and crits really did me in but it did pretty well.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Novex Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Novex

Beat the game im going to try and send a ditto over to day and ill be ready to start breeding black pokemon and will hopefully be able to update my thread tomorrow
Made by y2kpikachu12
Old 04-20-2011, 07:20 PM
dj-tiny Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novex View Post
Beat the game im going to try and send a ditto over to day and ill be ready to start breeding black pokemon and will hopefully be able to update my thread tomorrow
i'm sure that you can catch dittos in the wild in black

Closed Thread