Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments

ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments The place where all official gym challenges and tournament matches take place. The place where trainers from far and wide come to test their skills against the very best.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default GYM LEADER Applications

ASB Staff is looking for GYM LEADERS!
We'll be choosing four Gym Leaders. Keep in mind that this is our criteria for selecting:

- Skill: If you have a lot of wins, you'll likely to be accepted. So win a lot.
- Creativity: Your Gym theme should be creative and unique.
- Activity: Duh.

Rules

Themes
Every Gym will have a theme. Themes can be anything from:

- Speed Gym (Leader only uses fast Pokémon).
- Egg Groups (Leader only uses Pokémon in a certain egg group).
- ??? (Get creative!)

Gym Rules
While the Leader can set the rules for the Gym as far as battle conditions, arena, et cetera are concerned, these rules must be the same for every single match.

Pokemon
Leaders are required to have 8 Pokemon registered with a Gym at all times. 2 of those eight do not need to follow the Gym Theme.

Rentals
Leaders are allowed to rent Pokémon from the ASB to fit the Gym Theme. However, the more rented Pokémon you own, the less you get paid. Rented Pokémon can only be used by a Leader when they are battling in their own Gym.

**You may not use a Rented Pokemon to:
- Battle in a tournament.
- Challenge another Gym Leader.
- Battle outside of the Gym Leader board.

Pay
Gym Leaders are paid as follows:

Win with 0 rentals: $30 | Lose with 0 rentals: $15
Win with 1 rentals: $26 | Lose with 1 rentals: $13
Win with 2 rentals: $22 | Lose with 2 rentals: $11
Win with 3 rentals: $18 | Lose with 3 rentals: $9
Win with 4 rentals: $14 | Lose with 4 rentals: $7
Win with 5 rentals: $10 | Lose with 5 rentals: $5
Win with all rentals: $6 | Lose with all rentals: $3

Application
Code:
Gym Title:
Description of Gym Theme:
6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme:
--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
How many Pokémon per side?
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions?
What is the Gym Arena?
What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym?

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by paperfairy; 04-24-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:17 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: GYM LEADER Applications

Gym Title: Y U NO LIEK MY BODIEZ?!

Description of Gym Theme: Only Pokemon with the word "Body" in their Ability can be used by the Leader.

6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Volcarona, Metang/Metagross, Jellicent, Chandelure, Vanilluxe, Walrein.

Single/Double/Triple? Single.

How many Pokémon per side? Two.

Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? 30 Health CAP, 3 chill per trainer CAP, no OHKO moves.

What is the Gym Arena? -Spiffy name here-
A plain arena that changes before every battle depending on the number the Ref rolls out of a 35-sided die. If 1-10, the arena is a mountain peak, plagued by constant snow and hail. The weather is misty with a 2% chance at the end of each Round for a four-action'd Hail storm starting. Electric-type attacks are 1/4 effective in this arena. If a 11-20 is rolled, the arena is a large pool with floating platforms for trainers and non-aquatic Pokemon to stand on. No weather-altering moves can be used sucessfully while battling in this arena. If 21-30, the arena is a dence forest, cluttered with fallen leaves and taunting bushes. Because of the thick trees around the entire arena, a Pokemon's Speed is reduced by 1 so they don't crash into trees. If a Pokemon's Speed is raised above -1, then there is a 15% chance each action that the Pokemon's move will fail due to them ramming a tree. And if a 31-35 is rolled, the arena is of the challenger's choosing. Note: The arena's aren't limited to one's used in the Gym. So you could make the arena be a desert and whatnot.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? Challenger must have won at least one battle, must not be in any other battles, and isn't allowed to use Basic/Baby Pokemon - only Stage 1+ and non-evolving.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present. I'm too pro to need this B)

Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Gym Title: Wyvern Eternal
Description of Gym Theme: Dragons. Dragons everywhere.
6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Axew (Haxorus on evolution), Deino (Hydreigon on evolution), Kingdra, Garchomp, Dragonite, Druddigon

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
3 Pokémon per side.
No Damage Caps, no Direct Healing moves, no OHKO Moves

Arena:
The battle takes place atop a massive mountain, settled just beneath raging storm clouds. The battlefield is a smooth surface, carved flat 40 meters out leading to a sheer drop from all angles. Every turn there is a 10% chance that lightning will strike, with 5% of hitting either Pokemon (cannot strike both, and the challenger is rolled first). This increases to 10% against flying types, and 25% against Steel types.

The challenger must have at least one Gym badge, and must have a Pokemon capable of using Fly.

Links to Battles: I helped to design the system, I know what the hell I'm doing.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

Gym Title: Extreme Vowels
Description of Gym Theme: Leader must use Pokemon thats name and ability start with a vowel.
6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Ivysaur, Alakazam, Amoongus, Arcanine, Illumise, Arbok
--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple? Single
How many Pokémon per side? Three
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No Damage Caps, no OHKO Moves
ARENA
The side of a volcano. It has a rocky surface, and the ground is never straight. There is a 5% chance the volcano will blow up, and both Pokemon will get burned unless one is a fire type.
What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? None

Number 1, Number 2

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum

Last edited by Fushigidane; 04-30-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:23 AM
paperfairy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Slasher View Post
Gym Title: Extreme Vowels
Description of Gym Theme: Leader must use Pokemon that's name or ability start with a vowel.
6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Ivysaur, Woobat, Alakazam, Dragonite, Ferrothorn, Gyarados
--BATTLE RULES--
How many Pokémon per side? Three
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No Damage Caps, no OHKO Moves
ARENA
Will do later, I have no brilliant ideas and I have to go.
What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? None
Hmmm..... There is a concern that your potential roster is waaaaay too big. What about Pokémon whose first letter AND ability begin with a vowel? Ivysaur with Overgrow, for example works, as does Alakazam with Inner Focus.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
Hmmm..... There is a concern that your potential roster is waaaaay too big. What about Pokémon whose first letter AND ability begin with a vowel? Ivysaur with Overgrow, for example works, as does Alakazam with Inner Focus.
Okay, that's very true.

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 04-30-2011, 11:58 AM
IceKyurem Offline

Gym Title: Young 'uns
Description of Gym Theme: Leader and challenger may only use NFE Basic Pokemon.

6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Eevee, Mantyke, Snivy, Trapinch (owned), Electrike, Charmander (rent)

--BATTLE RULES--
How many Pokémon per side? 3v3
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? Damage cap 50, 3 chills per Pokemon, no direct healing moves, no OHKO moves, DQ after one week off not sending.
What is the Gym Arena? There are four quarters to the battle arena. In the top right, there is a pool with some floating platforms (like Crasher Wake's Gym in the Anime). In the top left, there is a plain grassy field. In the bottom right, there is a sandy arena and the bottom left has many rocks of all shapes and sizes.
What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? Own at least three NFE Basic Pokemon to use in the battle.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present. 1, 2.

Other things:
By 'Basic NFE', I mean a Pokemon that has an evolution but no pre-evolution.

Also, since the SU form only mentioned six Pokemon that fit the theme, what about the other two a Gym Leader needs to have registered?
Done @ 369

Am I the only person on PE2K who likes Inazuma Eleven?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:23 PM
paperfairy Offline

1) Bottom left of the arena is....?
2) Those other two Pokemon can be any two Pokemon that the leader owns that does not fit the theme. This is for trainers like Khajmer, whose Gym might be sweeped by an Ice team - he can use a Fire type, or a Fighting type, to give him a fighting chance.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:42 PM
IceKyurem Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
1) Bottom left of the arena is....?
2) Those other two Pokemon can be any two Pokemon that the leader owns that does not fit the theme. This is for trainers like Khajmer, whose Gym might be sweeped by an Ice team - he can use a Fire type, or a Fighting type, to give him a fighting chance.
1. I mentioned it.
Quote:
There are four quarters to the battle arena. In the top right, there is a pool with some floating platforms (like Crasher Wake's Gym in the Anime). In the top left, there is a plain grassy field. In the bottom right, there is a sandy arena and the bottom left has many rocks of all shapes and sizes.
2. Oh, right.
3. Are the two extra Pokemon allowed to fit the Gym Theme? (For example, for Khajmer's gym, is he allowed two Dragon Types as the 'wildcard's?)
Done @ 369

Am I the only person on PE2K who likes Inazuma Eleven?

Last edited by IceKyurem; 04-30-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:44 PM
paperfairy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKyurem View Post
1. I mentioned it.

2. Oh, right.
3. Are the two extra Pokemon allowed to fit the Gym Theme? (For example, for Khajmer's gym, is he allowed two Dragon Types as the 'wildcard's?)
Sorry about that. ^^"

As of right now, the only wild card rules are:
- Must be owned by Leader
- Cannot be rented

We are currently debating:
- Will Wildcards be an official part of the roster? (My vote would be yes)
- How many wild cards can be used per battle? (My vote is currently 1 per every 3 pokemon on the Leaders side)

But we'll keep you posted.

Last edited by paperfairy; 04-30-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Gym Title: Velocity and Mass

The biggest matched with the fastest. Blinding speed compliments awesome strength in a dazzling, cover-your-partner's-behind type of way. The Gym Leader is only permitted to use this combination of speed, be it in the form of a Pokemon who is big and fast, or a pair that matches the criteria. PHYSICS FREAKING HARMONY, WHOO

Alakazam, Salamence, Charizard, Cryogonal, Slaking, Scolipede (Straight rentals. But eventually I will have them all.)

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple? Double.

Six.

Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No OHKOS, and 3 chills per Pokemon.

What is the Gym Arena?
Aperture Labs

In Aperture Labs, there's a forgotten Testchamber called Chamber 101: Chamber LOL. Chamber 101 has a small entry hallway (Six feet by twelve feet) that opens up into a 50' x 70' arena made up almost entirely of white panels. The wall to the right as you walk in is made of dark-brown bricks. Jutting out from this wall is a platform made of the same stuff, and a turret watches the battle from above. For each action, a 40-sided die is rolled. For 1-10, the turret catches sight of the Pokemon who is being rolled for (challenger first, and the turret cannot attack or make a Pokemon flinch twice in a round) and it fires on the Pokemon in a move treated as Steel Type, which has a power of 18. It is STAB, is physical, and strikes 2-5 times. If the roll is 11-20, the turret will say something to the effect of "I see you" and make the Pokemon flinch. If the roll is 21-40, the turret hums to itself and does nothing. There's also a radio that will play 'Exile Vilify' throughout the battle. It's as dangerous as the turret when it hums (that is to say, it's completely harmless).

Your starting pair can be any two Pokemon you want, however, one Pokemon must have a speed > 100, and the other must weigh > 220 lbs. Your other four Pokemon can be any darned Pokemon you like.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present.
I love winning by default!

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 06-03-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Gym Title:
A /bit/ poisonous.
-
Pokemon that can learn Poison-type moves via level up that are not of the Poison-type.
-

(I have Electrocross, Octillery, and Shuckle/ The others I plan to get.)
-x-

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
Single
-
-
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions?
30 Damage Cap, No OHKO moves
-
What is the Gym Arena?
The gym is a large room with its floor covered in white tiles that are about 2 square feet. The walls are covered with tiles but they change colors often and randomly. The gym leader is the purple team and the challenger is the green team. Every time a pokemon steps on a tile, it glows it's teams color until it leaves the space when it turn back to white. But if a pokemon from the opposite team steps on that tile, it can cause something to happen to that pokemon.
Math: At the end of every round a number is rolled for the pokemon on both sides.
Rounds 1-7: 20% Chance of stepping on a "lighted" tile.
Rounds 8-12: 35% Chance of stepping on a "lighted" tile.
Rounds 13+ : 50% Chance of stepping on a "lighted" tile.

If they do step on a tile roll out of 100 to find.
1-30: The pokemon suffers from the effects of fog for the next round.
31-70: The pokemon receives poison damage for this round only. (-3 HP)
71-85: The pokemon is given an electric shock. (Electric, 40 BP, Special)
86-95: Flash is used at the beginning of the next round. (effects both pokemon)
95-100: The pokemon is healed by 10% Health.

None
-x-

Battles
I don't battle much.

(/Cough/ Just a side note. If you wanted little pixel images to represent the badges you would win, I would volunteer to make them.)

lv.100@1618
Links

Last edited by Dino; 06-24-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:00 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
The Gym Leader must only use Pokémon whose Speed is 100 or above, and Pokémon whose weight is 220 lbs or above. Whenever possible the Gym Leader must have a heavy Pokémon combined with a fast one.
Should be under "Theme" where your, er, RANT is...
Quote:
Your starting pair can be any two Pokemon you want, however, they MUST fit the Gym Leader's requirements.
Meaning that the first pair of Pokemon the challenger send out must have a base Speed of 100 or greater and/or must weight at least 220 lbs.?
Quote:
Alakazam, Sceptile, Charizard, Lapras, Snorlax, Magnezone (Hydregion and Weavile will also fit, once I have them. For now, wildcards. But eventually I will have them all.)
You only need to state your six default Pokemon (in this case, it's Alakazam, Sceptile, Charizard, Lapras, Snorlax, and Magnezone). The others (Hydregion and Weavile) can be switched in later by posting here.

Wild cards are Pokemon that are usable whether or not they fit your theme. So if your theme was "Fire-types only", then you could use Venusaur to prevent yourself from being swept by Water-types. Etc, etc.

-

Tossing this in, just 'cuz~
Bold indicates that the Pokemon is in both groups.

Pokemon with base speed ≥ 100:
Charizard, Fearow, Raichu, Ninetales, Tentacruel, Dodrio, Voltorb, Typhlosion, Miltank, Linoone, Slaking, Flygon, Salamence, Staraptor, Volcarona, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Garchomp, Emolga, Kadabra, Rapidash, Scyther, Electabuzz, Manectric, Lopunny, Mismagius, Zoroark, Cryogonal, Mienshao, Liepard, Infernape, Galvantula, Durant, Gengar, Tauros, Jumpluff, Espeon, Froslass, Archeops, Purugly, Scolipede, Serperior, Swoobat, Persian, Starmie, Sneasel, Floatzel, Ambipom, Cinccino, Zebstrika, Whimsicott, Dugtrio, Alakazam, Sceptile, Swellow, Weavile, Jolteon, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Electrode, Accelgor, and Ninjask.

Pokemon with weight ≥ 220 lbs.:
Venusaur, Tropius, Meganium, Boldore, Rampardos, Salamence, Graveler, Munchlax, Haxorus, Dusknoir, Garbodor, Claydol, Spiritomb, Ferrothorn, Shelgon, Rhyhorn, Scizor, Dewgong, Exeggutor, Rhydon, Donphan, Lairon, Forretress, Ursaring, Tangrowth, Machamp, Wailmer, Slaking, Cloyster, Jellicent, Abomasnow, Electivire, Druddigon, Lickilicky, Cryogonal, Magnezone, Bronzong, Crustle, Scolipede, Tyranitar, Metang, Onix, Dragonite, Lapras, Mantine, Camerupt, Gyarados, Hariyama, Glalie, Gigalith, Beartic, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Golem, Hippowdon, Torterra, Golurk, Probopass, Aggron, Wailord, Steelix, Snorlax, and Metagross.

This shows that your possible roster would be WAY too big. How about you have to use all four of the bolded Pokemon, and one other Pokemon from each group to make your six? It's either this, come up with a new theme, or pitch a compromise at me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
31-70: The pokemon receives poison damage for this round only.
What do you mean by this?
Quote:
95-100: The pokemon is healed by 10 HP.
*10% Health.
Quote:
(/Cough/ Just a side note. If you wanted little pixel images to represent the badges you would win, I would volunteer to make them.)
I don't see why not... Make them and we'll see. :)

Now, my main concern is the size of your possible Roster... How about your theme is "Pokemon that can learn Poison-type moves via level up that are not of the Poison-type." So, in this instance, Houndour/Houndoom would work because it's not a Poison-type, and it learns Smog (Poison-type move) by leveling up. Sound good? Or it could be "Poison-types that can learn a Poison-type move when leveling up." but I fear that a theme like that could cripple you too easily. If you have another compromise proposal, I'm all ears. :P

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 06-03-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

31-70: The pokemon receives poison damage for this round only.
What do you mean by this?

I'm not good with words. Try this: The pokemon receives damage at the end of this round as if it were poisoned.

I'm trying to state that on the round the pokemon "stepped" on a tile, they will receive damage as if they were poisoned. (but only for that round)
Still not very clearly stated...

95-100: The pokemon is healed by 10 HP.
*10% Health

I fixed this.

Now, my main concern is the size of your possible Roster... How about your theme is "Pokemon that can learn Poison-type moves via level up that are not of the Poison-type." So, in this instance, Houndour/Houndoom would work because it's not a Poison-type, and it learns Smog (Poison-type move) by leveling up. Sound good? Or it could be "Poison-types that can learn a Poison-type move when leveling up." but I fear that a theme like that could cripple you too easily. If you have another compromise proposal, I'm all ears. :P

I couldn't think of anything better soo...
Rosarade shall be swapped with Exeggutor
Muk will be swapped with Shuckle

I don't see why not... Make them and we'll see. :)
I will wait till the gym leaders are finalized, then make em' up.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 06-03-2011, 09:32 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:

I'm not good with words. Try this: The pokemon receives damage at the end of this round as if it were poisoned.

I'm trying to state that on the round the pokemon "stepped" on a tile, they will receive damage as if they were poisoned. (but only for that round)
Still not very clearly stated...
No, I understood what you meant, but you have to be more specific. Like, Poisoned as in Toxipoisoned--and if so, what level of Toxipoisoning--or Poison from something like Poison Powder or the effects of Sludge Bomb?

I think it'll be easier if you just state the percentage of Health that is reduced when this tile is stepped on. :P
Quote:
I couldn't think of anything better soo...
Rosarade shall be swapped with Exeggutor
Muk will be swapped with Shuckle
Sounds good.
Quote:
I will wait till the gym leaders are finalized, then make em' up.
Mmkay. I'll PM/VM you when we have 8 Leaders decided, or just keep an eye on this thread.