Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Brumrha Offline

Unhappy I can't upload any avatars...

People, I'm in need of some help here.

I'm trying to get myself an avatar for this place, but each & every time that I try, I always get this message from vBulletin: "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

Is there an explanation for this? Or am I stuck without an avatar?

BTW, though I might be a fresh person here, I'm very familiar with vBulletin, as I've been a former member of Sppf.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: I can't upload any avatars...

Perhaps the avatar you're trying to use is a bit too large? Try resizing it a few times to fit a normal size like most people here. Also, try uploading straight from your computer and if that doesn't work, try providing a working link to the image to see if that works then.

You didn't really say much as to what you've tried, so start with what I've suggested. Also, I'm not too familiar with that error message since I haven't changed my avatar in years, so everything I said could be complete BS.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 06-17-2011, 12:17 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

As Dookie said, if the avatar is over 100 pixels (either length-wise or width-wise), it won't work. It also won't work if you're trying to upload from an URL--you HAVE to save the image to your computer and upload it that way. Hope this helped. :)
Old 06-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Brumrha Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
As Dookie said, if the avatar is over 100 pixels (either length-wise or width-wise), it won't work. It also won't work if you're trying to upload from an URL--you HAVE to save the image to your computer and upload it that way. Hope this helped. :)
*sigh* That's beautiful...

Still, that definitely helped, but even so, I can't believe that I have to upload it from my comp!

Old 06-17-2011, 02:03 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumrha View Post
*sigh* That's beautiful...

Still, that definitely helped, but even so, I can't believe that I have to upload it from my comp!
Well think of it this way: If the image was ever uploaded to something like photobucket or someone's personal website and someone deleted it, then the image would be lost and you would never be able to get it back :P

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987