Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: [Rate Mah Future Team]

Iron Defense and Ingrain I would consider. The other two I would not. >.>
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pokemon Ninja View Post
Ferrothorn - Needs a makeover, It's supposed to be a wall. The best Moveset would be.. Iron Defense, Ingrain, Explosion and Payback with a Rocky Helmet on it.

Sorry about the rest of your team, I never really reviewed them. But anyway, Do that and raise Ferrothorn with Sp. and Physical Defense EVs.
Ingrain prevents the user from switching, so when that pesky fire type comes in to OHKO you with ember, you're entirely screwed.

The combination of "it's supposed to be a wall" and "explosion" also baffles me.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva la Gofre View Post
Ingrain prevents the user from switching, so when that pesky fire type comes in to OHKO you with ember, you're entirely screwed.

The combination of "it's supposed to be a wall" and "explosion" also baffles me.
Exactly what I was thinking. :/ I never use explosion anyway, just because I prefer keeping my Pokemon, unless it's almost impossible to beat the opponent, which doesn't happen often.
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva la Gofre View Post
"explosion" also baffles me.
Explosion is set that when you know a fire type comes in and you're screwed, Use it to do massive damage and NOT let Ferrothorn's sacrifice be in vain.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Ferrothorn - Needs a makeover, It's supposed to be a wall. The best Moveset would be.. Iron Defense, Ingrain, Explosion and Payback with a Rocky Helmet on it.

Sorry about the rest of your team, I never really reviewed them. But anyway, Do that and raise Ferrothorn with Sp. and Physical Defense EVs.
I would argue that Ferrothorn is a better tank than just a wall, especially when it comes to Gyro Ball and Trick Room use due to its low speed and decent base physical attack.
Personally I'd take the Gyro Ball set Kamoosekazi suggested.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:

I would argue that Ferrothorn is a better tank than just a wall, especially when it comes to Gyro Ball and Trick Room use due to its low speed and decent base physical attack.
Personally I'd take the Gyro Ball set Kamoosekazi suggested and throw my EVs into Attack, HP and Sp. Def
Old 06-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Explosion is set that when you know a fire type comes in and you're screwed, Use it to do massive damage and NOT let Ferrothorn's sacrifice be in vain.
Not sure if you've noticed, but Ferrothorn is slow as hell. Unless you have magical prediction skills, they're going to KO you before you can KO them.

Alternatively he could not use ingrain, and withdraw his wall for when he can actually use it again.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 AM

I side with Arceus and Viva. x) Which would be better: Iron Defense or Curse?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Whatever..
Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Xiie Offline
New Trainer

Ferrothorn is supposed to be a spiky wall. I don't know if this works (which is I am gonna go try sooner or later) but make him learn 'Rest'. So while he's asleep of course, he'd be recovering health plus Iron Barbs. You can also make him learn Stealth Rock for pewpew damage while he's asleep. Toxic works also :)
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

I like the team... especially since I still don't have a real team, mine is 2 non ubers and... well, ubers.

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612
Closed Thread