Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Lessening dependency on the Staff Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
You really think that this is in any way relatable to that incident? Honestly? Look, it is a massive change, and maybe we should have given a bit more of a heads-up about this, but it's not like we're going "Muahahaha, now we changed the forum and will ignore your disagreements forever, you must live with it or gtfo!" As Teo has CONSTANTLY said in the poll thread, just give the forum's new look a chance and let it continue for a little while, see if your opinion changes over a small amount of time.

I know that big changes should be told to new members after the proposition and working out of quite a few things before being executed, it helps reduce the possibility of a huge outcry upon being surprised with a ton of new and unfamiliar stuff, but other things deserve to stay in the Staff Boards because not everything that is proposed is accepted or liked even amongst the staff. And small things tend to lose their wow factor if told in advance to other members, so those things should stay where they currently are.

In other words...

This I agree with. But only cause you said "large changes." Small changes or events, keep those hidden till announcement or execution.

Um...

Prreeeeeetty sure he didn't just up and leave for something so stupid as a disagreement with the new forum layout. He's just busy. He did say he contemplated leaving over it, he decided to be more mature about it, obviously.

And also, PLEASE don't make this thread into another debate on the U.S. government. That doesn't even belong here, and it's rather uncouth to bring that kind of crap up in a discussion about the staff boards of a Pokémon forum. References, fine, full-on discussions or arguments, just no. So the next time you talk about maturity, please, remember to be mature about things yourself, and leave petty arguments behind.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Understandable and agreeable to about... hm... right there.

He said he is there temporarily, and he did not say he was there for good, he said he wanted to stay. We will see if he becomes active again.

It has to do with the argument, to a certain extent. But I will stop.

Also, I am not cursing, and I am keeping it cool this time, so give me credit.
You, also, have a nice day.

And as for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
I think you mean excessive. xD And even so, it doesn't conform; I hardly consider two words (one of being completely *'d out) overdone. :P
Okay.
Then don't use it as an example if it's so far from the point you're trying to make. xD
Yet again, it has much to do with the point. Do some research on it, and maybe you will learn what I am talking about. And not Wikipedia referenced either. Actual history books will do just fine. Maybe a documentary.

And considering I know 4 languages, I think I do a really good job writing and speaking English (like, an amazing job).

Now, speaking of getting off track, 3m0d0ll. Getting back on track, now that would be a good idea.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 06-29-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

I'm kinda on a neutral ground with this, one can easily become a writer and get access to the website staff boards which was active before the summer started but is somewhat of a ghost town now (But should mention that the forum re-organizing was not discussed in there, only website related stuff so it might not be what the person who is making this suggestion is looking for).

I personally think that it would be more fun to surprise members without them having to go trough the tedious process of seeing the project actually get worked on and the project almost die at times. I think it's more fun to have the thing handed to you ready, not almost ready and staying like that for a couple of month.

Maybe a middle can somehow be reached.

A biweekly or monthly newsletter from the staff could be a nice idea, to tell the members what noticeable ideas and discussions took place and are being worked on.
Also I think that with the newsletter that members should give it a little breathing space if the project does die for some reason, maybe something couldn't be provided or it gets put on hold for a few months do to unavoidable reasons, so I think members should read the newsletter with that in mind that nothing is actually set in stone and may take a lot longer time to happen then originally thought off.

Take the Creative Dex for a example, it's opening got delayed for a couple of months because the fine print took a long time to be work out.

Last edited by Simmi; 06-30-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A biweekly or monthly newsletter from the staff could be a nice idea, to tell the members what noticeable ideas and discussions took place and are being worked on.
Also I think that with the newsletter that members should give it a little breathing space if the project does die for some reason, maybe something couldn't be provided or it gets put on hold for a few months do to unavoidable reasons, so I think members should read the newsletter with that in mind that nothing is actually set in stone and may take a lot longer time to happen then originally thought off.
That's actually a great idea! :D
Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I'm not sure what you think goes on in the staff board. xD We don't have any major discussions happening that will impact you all, so there's no need to worry. If there was something posted in the staff board its probably something that needs the staff approval before it can be moved onto getting member opinions. It would be a huge mess if we posted every half-baked idea here and then had half the staff disagreeing and saying how it wasn't possible so there was no point posting it anyway.

I presume this is again about the forum changes. We've already said that we will publicise any future changes more and will give more time for the members to post their opinions.

I know you mean well, but considering you have no way to know how much we use the staff board, what it's used for or whether we even use it much at all means that this suggestion doesn't really make sense. I'm sorry! ^^;
Old 06-30-2011, 02:08 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Our staff boards are usually pretty quiet aside from the ban list, the occasional "discuss this person's ban" and "mod this person?", actually. I mean, it took us 4 months to figure something like a forum layout that we ended up with. The only error we've made, as far as we can tell, as not leaving the spring cleaning thread up for long enough. As a side effect, it was very tough to gauge how people would react when so little input was placed into it until the change happened.

I think the staff did well overall after the change, considering that we've done a lot of tweaks to try and make as many people happy as we can. Though we also realize that we can never make everybody happy either.

We actually are trying to be as transparent as possible.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:55 AM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

The layout changed?

?_?

I must be blind.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:26 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Okay, here's my two cents.

Over the recent years, there were very little forum-wide changes that really needed much member input. Of course, one big example of one that possibly could have been discussed more was the change to the forum layout (which had given a chance for people to speak out about what they dislike, and much of it was changed to their liking), but apart from that I can't remember anything that was necessary to discuss with us. There's probably not really a lot of stuff going on in the staff board, apart from the picking of new moderators, and the talk of banning people.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 06-30-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC View Post
Okay, here's my two cents.

Over the recent years, there were very little forum-wide changes that really needed much member input. Of course, one big example of one that possibly could have been discussed more was the change to the forum layout (which had given a chance for people to speak out about what they dislike, and much of it was changed to their liking), but apart from that I can't remember anything that was necessary to discuss with us. There's probably not really a lot of stuff going on in the staff board, apart from the picking of new moderators, and the talk of banning people.
If there is something large going on, as I said, that would affect a lot of members, I would at least like to see what or how it is going to affect us.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:58 AM
SLC Offline

Well yeah, that's what I said. The point is is that the largest change (and possibly the only major change iirc) in my almost four years on PE2K was this forum redo. And what happened? We got some form of input, and got told of the changes some time before they were done.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:20 AM

We were not told how exactly it would change, and that is quite annoying. If anything big happens again, I think we'd all like to know beforehand.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 AM
SLC Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
New Forum Structure:

==Intro Boards

+Pokemon News

+Forum Front Desk (Announcements, Questions, Answers, Suggestions)

+New Member Introductions

==Pokemon Main Boards

+Pokemon: General Board

+Pokemon: Black & White

+Pokemon: Games
++First & Second Generations
++Third Generation
++Fourth Generation
++Other Pokemon Games

+Pokemon: Interactive Center
++Battling Center (Clans and Tournaments)
++Trading Center
++Competitive Battling (Strategy and Learning)
++Wifi League

+Anime

==Interactive Boards

+Roleplay
++Roleplay Discussion
++Tabletop Adventures

+Creative Writing
++Author's Corner

+Art (Threads may be created/posted here)
++Sprite Art

+Trivia/Games

+Creative Dex

==Other Boards

+Groups/Clubs
+Entertainment
+Debate
+Other Chat

==Pokemon RPG's

+Pokemon Ultra RPG
+Anime-Style Battling League
+Pokemon Online League

Note: Members will be allowed to create polls in all boards.
To be honest, I find this pretty exact.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I'm not sure what you think goes on in the staff board. xD We don't have any major discussions happening that will impact you all, so there's no need to worry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Our staff boards are usually pretty quiet aside from the ban list, the occasional "discuss this person's ban" and "mod this person?", actually.
This. It's actually pretty boring!
Old 06-30-2011, 08:32 AM

And there you have it. Did it kill anyone to let us know?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:34 AM
SLC Offline

They did post this, it was the first post of the 'PE2K Spring Cleaning' thread. It was posted about a week before it was done, so it wasn't out of the blue, and the mods stated that it was open to suggestions.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
[IMG]http://cf1.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-thing/size/l/tid/12747365.jpg[IMG]

We were not told how exactly it would change, and that is quite annoying. If anything big happens again, I think we'd all like to know beforehand.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post

New Forum Structure:

==Intro Boards

+Pokemon News

+Forum Front Desk (Announcements, Questions, Answers, Suggestions)

+New Member Introductions

==Pokemon Main Boards

+Pokemon: General Board

+Pokemon: Black & White

+Pokemon: Games
++First & Second Generations
++Third Generation
++Fourth Generation
++Other Pokemon Games

+Pokemon: Interactive Center
++Battling Center (Clans and Tournaments)
++Trading Center
++Competitive Battling (Strategy and Learning)
++Wifi League

+Anime

==Interactive Boards

+Roleplay
++Roleplay Discussion
++Tabletop Adventures

+Creative Writing
++Author's Corner

+Art (Threads may be created/posted here)
++Sprite Art

+Trivia/Games

+Creative Dex

==Other Boards

+Groups/Clubs
+Entertainment
+Debate
+Other Chat

==Pokemon RPG's

+Pokemon Ultra RPG
+Anime-Style Battling League
+Pokemon Online League

Note: Members will be allowed to create polls in all boards.

wat?