Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Intro Boards PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Lessening dependency on the Staff Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC View Post
and the mods stated that it was open to suggestions.
Actually, like I said before, in all technicalities, Harry posted it as a 'this is what IS going to happen', not a 'please feel free to suggest any changes'. Nowhere in the first post does it say 'suggestions', 'proposition', 'possible', or any words to that effect.

But anyway, this isn't another thread to discuss the forum change, I just used that as a recent example.

But okay, I get what people are saying about the 'wow' factor being taken out. One major difference about the ASB Hallowe'en event and the forum layout is that members won't be forced to take part in the ASB event. Members have, however, been forced to have their layout changed (yes, I know the mods are saying 'give it some time', but the fact of the matter is, it wasn't a 'people can have this if they want' thing). The 'wow' factor means nothing if it's not having the right effect. If the 'wow' factor is so important, then at least just saying "We're planning a forum layout change, good idea or bad idea?" wouldn't been a good starting point.

Let me just compare the forum layout to the URPG expansion. As far as I can remember, we were guided through it every step of the way. We weren't suddenly told one day "Oh, btw, we're expanding to BMG, so you'll have to get used to it, because we're not changing our minds". It was a proposition at first, then most people reacted positively to it, so they continued. We were told exactly when the expansion was taking place, and when the other half would officially open. If the layour change had been more "by the members, for the members", then I think it would have been a lot better.

And whether the Staff Board is active or not is irrelevant. The fact remains that one of the uses of that board is to discuss changes made to PE2K. Unless I'm completely missing the point of the staff board? In which case, would someone please explain what really happens in there?

I just think anything that will affect all the members, whether they want it to or not, should be openly discussed in the front desk from the absolute start right through to the end.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Actually, like I said before, in all technicalities, Harry posted it as a 'this is what IS going to happen', not a 'please feel free to suggest any changes'. Nowhere in the first post does it say 'suggestions', 'proposition', 'possible', or any words to that effect.

But anyway, this isn't another thread to discuss the forum change, I just used that as a recent example.

But okay, I get what people are saying about the 'wow' factor being taken out. One major difference about the ASB Hallowe'en event and the forum layout is that members won't be forced to take part in the ASB event. Members have, however, been forced to have their layout changed (yes, I know the mods are saying 'give it some time', but the fact of the matter is, it wasn't a 'people can have this if they want' thing). The 'wow' factor means nothing if it's not having the right effect. If the 'wow' factor is so important, then at least just saying "We're planning a forum layout change, good idea or bad idea?" wouldn't been a good starting point.

Let me just compare the forum layout to the URPG expansion. As far as I can remember, we were guided through it every step of the way. We weren't suddenly told one day "Oh, btw, we're expanding to BMG, so you'll have to get used to it, because we're not changing our minds". It was a proposition at first, then most people reacted positively to it, so they continued. We were told exactly when the expansion was taking place, and when the other half would officially open. If the layour change had been more "by the members, for the members", then I think it would have been a lot better.

And whether the Staff Board is active or not is irrelevant. The fact remains that one of the uses of that board is to discuss changes made to PE2K. Unless I'm completely missing the point of the staff board? In which case, would someone please explain what really happens in there?

I just think anything that will affect all the members, whether they want it to or not, should be openly discussed in the front desk from the absolute start right through to the end.
That's my boy... well... actually... I don't know if you are my child... ehehe... I got around in my day xD
Old 06-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
No, because while you are starting to cuss and lose your cool, I am sitting here yawning and sipping on a coffee.
Quote:
A) Incessant cursing is against forum policy.

B) How mature of you.
Please refer to every single post you ever wrote in the forum change threads before you call someone out on their behavior. ;)
It doesn't matter if you've apologized for it or not. You're being a hypocrite.

Quote:
And considering I know 4 languages, I think I do a really good job writing and speaking English (like, an amazing job).

Now, speaking of getting off track, 3m0d0ll. Getting back on track, now that would be a good idea.
LOL'D at how YOU suddenly say COMPLETELY out of nowhere something stupid about knowing languages and then you're saying to get back on track. Plus you were the one that started the Watergate discussion. Troll harder.

Quote:
We were not told how exactly it would change, and that is quite annoying. If anything big happens again, I think we'd all like to know beforehand.
lol'd about how you're still sticking to the whole "THEY DIDN'T SHOW US ANYTHING" story.

p.s. we already had a couple of mods come in here and tell you all what practically goes on in the mod boards. :/ So much fail.

I wouldn't worry about making the mods bring anything outside of the staff boards. I mean if it was as large-scale as a forum change, yes, that's reasonable, but I doubt we're going to have something as large as that happening again for a long time. I think from here on out it's just going to be minor changes on the boards.
What I think you're trying to say is that you want almost every little proposition to change the forum in minor ways to be posted on the Front Desk. I think that's stupid. That's what the staff boards are partially there for, to discuss things like that and determine whether the idea should be shot down or brought up to the members, and usually by then it's finalized. No one wants to go through a million pms discussing the same thing. Unlike us, they're smart enough to know what the forum needs, how it works, and have the leadership skills to pull it off. That's why THEY have moderatorship and everyone else doesn't. Now if you want a more APPROPRIATE example to use for this instead of the Watergate incident, let's use the passing of a bill, but very loosely.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 06-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Elecii Offline

I acutually have to say that discussion should be just for mods. Like 3m0 said, if everyone sees the surprises before they come out; then is it a suprise? I think that big things, should maybe be not just to the mods/admins, but things like events, etc. should be kept just to them, otherwise there is no suprise element to the events, and thus the event isn't half the fun, since you know everything about it.

Just my opinion.

i can't love you more than this
Old 06-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
Please refer to every single post you ever wrote in the forum change threads before you call someone out on their behavior. ;)
It doesn't matter if you've apologized for it or not. You're being a hypocrite.

LOL'D at how YOU suddenly say COMPLETELY out of nowhere something stupid about knowing languages and then you're saying to get back on track. Plus you were the one that started the Watergate discussion. Troll harder.

lol'd about how you're still sticking to the whole "THEY DIDN'T SHOW US ANYTHING" story.

p.s. we already had a couple of mods come in here and tell you all what practically goes on in the mod boards. :/ So much fail.

I wouldn't worry about making the mods bring anything outside of the staff boards. I mean if it was as large-scale as a forum change, yes, that's reasonable, but I doubt we're going to have something as large as that happening again for a long time. I think from here on out it's just going to be minor changes on the boards.
What I think you're trying to say is that you want almost every little proposition to change the forum in minor ways to be posted on the Front Desk. I think that's stupid. That's what the staff boards are partially there for, to discuss things like that and determine whether the idea should be shot down or brought up to the members, and usually by then it's finalized. No one wants to go through a million pms discussing the same thing. Unlike us, they're smart enough to know what the forum needs, how it works, and have the leadership skills to pull it off. That's why THEY have moderatorship and everyone else doesn't. Now if you want a more APPROPRIATE example to use for this instead of the Watergate incident, let's use the passing of a bill, but very loosely.
A) You notice how that was the first and only time I actually troll'd (insulted people that much) on this forum?

B) Yes, and I used it as a simple example, and yet 3m0d0ll started to essentially ask what happened and why I'd use it as an example.

C) 3m0d0ll also commented on my grammar, if you were reading the quotes, which I remedied.

D) I, as you have seen, can troll, which is not implying I am doing so now.

E) Excuse me, but if you read -Pichu Boy-'s comment, you will know where I stand on this. So, in the name of keeping things on track, Jessu, please stop commenting about a past argument which 3m0d0ll and I ended last night (<For me anyway xD).
Old 06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Making threads about big issues would more than likely end up like this very thread. With a lot of arguing and flaming that has nothing to do with the issue, and as such does not belong in the thread.

Let yourself get used to the change before worrying about it too much.

Also, we share cooking tips and secrets in the mod boards. We also have a secret pictures board where we stalk you one at a time, take your pictures, and then laugh about them.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
Making threads about big issues would more than likely end up like this very thread. With a lot of arguing and flaming that has nothing to do with the issue, and as such does not belong in the thread.

Let yourself get used to the change before worrying about it too much.

Also, we share cooking tips and secrets in the mod boards. We also have a secret pictures board where we stalk you one at a time, take your pictures, and then laugh about them.
DAMMIT, SCOTT! That's top-secret information that you tossing out there for the whole world to see! D:<
Old 06-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
A) You notice how that was the first and only time I actually troll'd (insulted people that much) on this forum?

B) Yes, and I used it as a simple example, and yet 3m0d0ll started to essentially ask what happened and why I'd use it as an example.

C) 3m0d0ll also commented on my grammar, if you were reading the quotes, which I remedied.

D) I, as you have seen, can troll, which is not implying I am doing so now.

E) Excuse me, but if you read -Pichu Boy-'s comment, you will know where I stand on this. So, in the name of keeping things on track, Jessu, please stop commenting about a past argument which 3m0d0ll and I ended last night (<For me anyway xD).
A) I LOL'D you've been doing it the entire time. Trolling is more than insulting people, it's also being a complete moron and still pushing the issue even though you're in the wrong.

B) You fail to see what I was getting at.

C) ROFL no she didn't, she pointed out that you used the incorrect word. That has next-to-nothing to do with grammar. That has to do with vocabulary. ;P

E) Now if YOU haven't noticed, I left my opinion in my last post, so I did keep things on track. You still have issues with paying attention. Plus it's fun proving you wrong time and time again. :)

I'll stop feeding the troll now. soz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
NOOOOOOO. I'm not safe anymore. :(

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 06-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
bluh bluh

bluh bluh bluh bluh

bluh

bluh bluh

bluh
this post reminds me of lan
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:22 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

This is a valid concern, but as has been stated, we don't use the mod boards for much else other than discussing promotions and bans. It's rather quiet. And our largest event, the WAR, is planned openly in the Groups section.

It should also be noted that there are two staff boards, one for the forum and one for the site.

This thread has become something of a flamefest, so I'm going to lock it to prevent any further attacks.

Thread - Locked
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 06-30-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Closed Thread