Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: ASB Discussion and Suggestions

Is there some way to keep people for editing the cell where the damage comes out? Somebody screwed it up again.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-04-2011, 07:13 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Is there some way to keep people for editing the cell where the damage comes out? Somebody screwed it up again.
People keep on screwing with the User/Target, too. Thank god I actually am smart enough to know how to fix that. I have no idea how to fix the damage, though.

Anyway;

Its annoying how the Reff test hasn't been updated since last month. I would try the test again, but they say to not do the test again until it is updated. And I litterally deleted the PM saying that I failed. I know and understand that Paperfairy's internet is being a butt, but I think he should still be able to type up a reff test, find the answer, and post the reff test on pe2k. I have seen him post recently.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Jenn: I didn't mean to make you upset or point a finger at you or any of the other mods or officials. I can only imagine the stress you're under because you're trying to run this all by yourself at the moment. I know what it's like with stress and depression, and as a result because I didn't know how to deal with it in a positive way I am on medication. That I hope you don't have to end up doing. I was just trying to voice some concerns I have that (in my opinion) are hindering the ASBL from reaching the potential that I see it has. I know the bank is updated rather quickly compared to some of the other boards, but I guess that I thought that maybe it can be updated after all the refs get paid. So once a week the post with everyone's totals is updated. That's just my idea. And I know you accept everything in the Reg. HQ pretty much, but I've seen your things gone unaccepted (or takes forever to be accepted), which doesn't seem fair to me. I'm also looking out for the officials and mods who post in threads like that but don't get acceptance.

Velocity: I wasn't trying to challenge anyone, and I'm sorry you saw it that way. But as I said, it's not just PvP battles that need reffing. SZ battles need it as well so the trainers in there can catch their Pokemon. Now, I will admit, I'm a little irritated it's taking so long for mine to be updated, but I am more upset that other users who are active might have been waiting longer. And even if a person is a referee doesn't mean that he or she is also a safari ranger. And as Beartic said, I did take the ref test. I just didn't understand a few of the things in the compendium and was having problems with it loading so I ended up failing. Not to mention I have a problem with misreading a lot of things. So I am trying to help out to the best of my abilities, but since the new test hasn't been posted yet all I can do is voice my opinions and concerns. And I do take some offense since it seems like you just assumed I never even tried to become a ref. And I do understand because I help Beartic when he refs. Not only do I do what he said, I also try to help with the battle scene when he asks. I give him my ideas, he chooses to use them or not when typing up what happened during the battle.

Tsuna: You're right. I could have just quit. But I don't want to. I see way to much potential in this, and to be honest I sometimes have more fun here than in the role play section of the interactive boards. I want to be active in the ASBL since I truly have fun here. I can't wait to wake up the next day and see if a battle was reffed or a Safari updated (mine or a friend's since I like to read them). I also like to see what's going on in the shops. There's just too much going on that make this unique for me to just turn my back to it without voicing my concerns first and see if they can be worked on.

MoonKit: I feel your pain. I know you didn't directly respond to my post, but I saw something in yours I need to reply to. Please don't point the finger at Paperfairy alone for the lack of update. I agree is should be updated a tad quicker, but then again I don't know how often it used to be updated. Any of the mods can edit the post and change the test, but they probably collaborate on the test before posting since all of them would need to know the correct answers to properly and fairly grade us. We just need to be patient for a little while longer. It should be updated sometime this week, or that's what Paperfairy told me in a PM when we were discussing my ref test results.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 07-04-2011, 10:24 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
MoonKit: I feel your pain. I know you didn't directly respond to my post, but I saw something in yours I need to reply to. Please don't point the finger at Paperfairy alone for the lack of update. I agree is should be updated a tad quicker, but then again I don't know how often it used to be updated. Any of the mods can edit the post and change the test, but they probably collaborate on the test before posting since all of them would need to know the correct answers to properly and fairly grade us. We just need to be patient for a little while longer. It should be updated sometime this week, or that's what Paperfairy told me in a PM when we were discussing my ref test results.
Oh, Paperfairy isn't the only one allowed to do that (Or whatever you meant)? -ish a noob that had no idea-

Uhhh...still...er..whatever.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:45 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Any of the mods can edit the post and change the test, but they probably collaborate on the test before posting since all of them would need to know the correct answers to properly and fairly grade us.
Crystal is actually spot-on.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:31 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

For the record, I wrote a Ref Test, but because we have like a 80% failure rate for these tests, I'm having the current Officials take the test and check to make sure its a fair test before I release it. As of now right now, I'm waiting for somebody to take the test before its unveiled.

I know how frustrated you guys are, but as far as Battles and the Safari Zone, I don't understand WHY people keep failing and when I ask for ways to make the Compendium easier to understand, nobody speaks up, so like I said, 80% of tests are failures. Making it EASIER to pass won't help because then Refs/Rangers will be screwing up left and right.

The worst part is that people usually fail on the EASY stuff (wait and see conditionals, type matchups) as opposed to the things that are designed to make you think. Honestly, the Officials have a running gag regarding those, but that's for another time...

In short: yes, we need more people on board, and we're working on it, but the best thing you guys can do to help is to take the ref test and not fail when you do. :D

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 07-05-2011, 04:41 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Sometimes it's hard to explain what it is we don't understand. For me, it was trying to figure out if a status only activates once or twice a round because in the Compendium in the column it says "Round/Action#" and that confused me. Does it mean per action or per round? Also, my personal problem is not being able to really understand what I read period and simplify it. (I almost failed English in middle and high school) That and I tend to misread and misinterpret what I read. I cannot speak for others.

And none of us are trying to fail. But it seems like that even though we have few active referees now, we have even less rangers. I don't think that every single referee is also a ranger. Now, I have yet to attempt the ranger test because I am not a referee yet, but I don't see why it takes weeks to update a battle when you can go through x amount of scenarios in one day. That's all I ever see posted. But I'll end my rant there.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
Sometimes it's hard to explain what it is we don't understand. For me, it was trying to figure out if a status only activates once or twice a round because in the Compendium in the column it says "Round/Action#" and that confused me. Does it mean per action or per round? Also, my personal problem is not being able to really understand what I read period and simplify it. (I almost failed English in middle and high school) That and I tend to misread and misinterpret what I read. I cannot speak for others.

And none of us are trying to fail. But it seems like that even though we have few active referees now, we have even less rangers. I don't think that every single referee is also a ranger. Now, I have yet to attempt the ranger test because I am not a referee yet, but I don't see why it takes weeks to update a battle when you can go through x amount of scenarios in one day. That's all I ever see posted. But I'll end my rant there.
I can't really help you on most of those points... But I believe that the 'Action' is there for Safari battles, where each Pokemon has just one action and so the status would indeed activate upon each action.

PS If it helps, I almost failed my own Ref test due to something that was half bad wording and half my idiotic thinking. c:

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-05-2011, 03:52 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

To explain, it says Round/Action because some statuses kick in every round, while some every action. I've added to the Status page that hopefully will help explain this.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 07-05-2011, 04:51 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

That does help, Paperfairy. Or at least now I understand. I think that was the only problem I really had. I can't explain what it was that I didn't understand before, partly because I don't remember what it was.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 07-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Can we have a Nickname Change or Name Rater service @ the Registration HQ? Pretty much I'm sure there are a handful of us who hate Nicknames our Pokemon come with via Trades or otherwise, and I don't think anyone would be willing to pay if this were to be made a Market Business. I don't see why we can't have one

-Tsuna

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 07-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Because whenever you trade/buy the 'mon, you can change it's name to whatever you want. It doesn't matter what it's original name is, and at any time that you own it you can change it whenever you want to

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 07-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartic Tundra View Post
Because whenever you trade/buy the 'mon, you can change it's name to whatever you want. It doesn't matter what it's original name is, and at any time that you own it you can change it whenever you want to
I tried that when I registered my Lotad(bought via Used-Pokemon Dealership) @ Reg HQ, but 3m0d0ll kinda sort of rejected it and said the Nickname stays. D:

-Tsuna

Old 07-09-2011, 06:12 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
I tried that when I registered my Lotad(bought via Used-Pokemon Dealership) @ Reg HQ, but 3m0d0ll kinda sort of rejected it and said the Nickname stays. D:

-Tsuna
1- Sarcasm, love. B|
2- I didn't reject it.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
1- Sarcasm, love. B|
2- I didn't reject it.
Hahaha. I couldn't see it any other way though. I did say 'sort of' :p. Anywho, thanks for the clarification. I would have posted this ages earlier, but Pe2k Lagfested.

-Tsuna

Closed Thread