Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 07-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: .:The Official Pe2k Podcast Thread:. [New Episode! 06/06/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

XDDDDDDDDD That made me laugh. But. In saying that. I get to celebrate it before you. :3

What? D: WHAT?! D:< POKEMON? BORING? Preposterous! *posh face* I could talk about pokemon for hours and not get bored. xD Not saying I'll make everyone talk about pokemon in the podcast. :c

As for times I can be on, haha, yeah, I don't want to get people up really early, so I can try to do later. But I can also wake up early or something to do these, but only on weekends. xD We'll see. c: I guess once I get the list together, I'll get everyone's times, post their times in everyone else's time zones, and we'll try to work it out from there. :3

Anyway. Off to bed.

~GS.
You Ausies and New Zealanders need to hop off you islands and push them closer... to the world xD Jk jk. JK. Don't look at me like that! I said I was kidding! Oh fooey...

Yes, but if ALL WE DO is talk about Pokemon, that would get dreadfully boring.

I am up all the time, but late at night it is super quiet and the walls and doors are paper thin, so my family and neighbors get upset when I talk. Come to think of it, they get upset when I talk at any time of the day... damn it. xDDDD
Old 07-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Lol. Manager. Never have I actually been managing anything 8D Eva since oi wash a little child, I have olwaysh dreamed of managing something! (Brit accent ftw)
That was awful. xDD I both hope you are British and hope you aren't. If you're not I shall TEACH YOU ALL ABOUT THE ACCENTS OF BRITAIN ON SKYPE YOUNG MAN.

Anyway, I think the parts that people found most entertaining in the podcast were parts that WEREN'T about Pokemon. I think the whole point of it was to hear the team's reactions to Pokemon based stuff, rather than to just inform. Like, which sounds better:

"A new Mystery Dungeon game has been announced on DS."
"Mystery Dungeon's like... where you build rescue teams and go in caves and stuff."
"Yeah. I've played those."

OR

"A new Mystery Dungeon game has been announced on DS apparently."
"Seriously? Do people actually still play those?"
"I LOVE MYSTERY DUNGEON. SHUT UP."
"Man it was terrible, I traded it in because I completed it in like a day..."
"MY TEAM WAS AMAZING OH MY GOD"
"It came out around the same time as *insert other game here* so I bought that instead."

Less restriction = more entertainment. At some point in the last one we managed to get onto the topic of marijuana, I think Caleb would remember that... >//>

Old 07-14-2011, 03:00 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
At some point in the last one we managed to get onto the topic of marijuana, I think Caleb would remember that... >//>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi
I used to think marijuana was a name.
^

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
^
That was definitely the last time I told you guys anything. *pout*

Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Quote:
IMPORTANT QUESTION:
Do you guys think it would be better to record the podcast and upload it through iTunes or use our Pe2kVoices channel on Youtube and put it there instead?

So, I can see much more reason to do it via YouTube than iTunes, and I think I'd prefer it that way. What do you guys think? If you have more pros and cons for either or both, I'd like to hear them. :]

~GS.
I like the idea someone mentioned about doing both kinda. Although the podbean thing with the iTunes is probably a bad idea because if this gets popular enough, it will break with its restrictions.

I really like the idea someone said about YouTube teaser with link to download full episode. That would work really well for me since the place I have to go to get online hates YouTube and I'd never see a whole episode on YouTube if that was the only way it was put out...

Quote:
OH, I LOVE DOING POKEMON! 8D

Okay.. so 9 PM for Xanthe is 7 AM here in Virginia.. Is Noon in England.

Soo.. With all that, said. I think that's how it should happen. Sucks for anyone in california, having to to it at 5 AM. Unless Xanthe wants to stay up later and do it. xD
Oh COME ON! *is in California* ... *shakes fist at sky* D*mn you timezones!!! But actually that would be fine for me soon enough because I will be getting internets finally!!!

Quote:
Number 212.. Scizor. Caleb: Yaaaay! Everyone else: Alrighty -talks about scizor-
The next week
Number 212.. Scizor. Caleb: Yaaaay! Everyone else: Okay..? -talks about scizor more-
The next week
Number 212.. Scizor. Caleb: Yaaaay! Everyone else: wtf dude? I quit.
And if I was on, *silence* *silence* *talks about Scyther*
Old 07-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Caiteee. D: You guys, I know that talking solely about pokemon isn't the point, and I do understand that we won't be that restricted. x__x You guys are acting like I made you swear never to talk about anything BUT pokemon. Dx *cries in a corner*

And Guard, on weekends I can do basically any time from 10am till 11pm or sightly after, so we don't have to make you get up really early. xD I'm cool to do it at the time it is now, for instance. I don't want everyone to be strained because of me. xD So of course I'll work around you guys. And it depends who's going to be in the podcast at the time. :]

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Caiteee. D: You guys, I know that talking solely about pokemon isn't the point, and I do understand that we won't be that restricted. x__x You guys are acting like I made you swear never to talk about anything BUT pokemon. Dx *cries in a corner*

And Guard, on weekends I can do basically any time from 10am till 11pm or sightly after, so we don't have to make you get up really early. xD I'm cool to do it at the time it is now, for instance. I don't want everyone to be strained because of me. xD So of course I'll work around you guys. And it depends who's going to be in the podcast at the time. :]

~GS.
I am on really late, as I said, but I cannot talk verbally (I am up either playing Xbox, animating, or writing something). So if you do it at that time, I can listen to you all do it in envy xDDDD

'Tis all good, Xanthe. We are just acting like bumholes, like we always do. 'Twas how our mothers raised us.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
I am on really late, as I said, but I cannot talk verbally (I am up either playing Xbox, animating, or writing something). So if you do it at that time, I can listen to you all do it in envy xDDDD

'Tis all good, Xanthe. We are just acting like bumholes, like we always do. 'Twas how our mothers raised us.
Bahaha, well I plan to have you in every one, Mike, since you're my partner. ^^ But I see...that might be a problem. D: But then again, I could just try to do it at night rather than in the mornings (for me, I mean xD).

Okay. ;3 XD lolololol, I hope everyone else agrees with your statement. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Yes, but if ALL WE DO is talk about Pokemon, that would get dreadfully boring.
Well if this is an official PE2K podcast, then you're representing the forum and it should therefore be mostly about things related to Pokemon or PE2K, right? And be more discussion based rather than a random chat about whatever topics come up. xD I'd presume you'd also need to keep it PGish and not say stuff you wouldn't be allowed to post on the forum...
Old 07-15-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Well if this is an official PE2K podcast, then you're representing the forum and it should therefore be mostly about things related to Pokemon or PE2K, right? And be more discussion based rather than a random chat about whatever topics come up. xD I'd presume you'd also need to keep it PGish and not say stuff you wouldn't be allowed to post on the forum...
Why yes, of course. But the forum does not only talk about Pokemon things, now does it =D
Old 07-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
(THANK YOU SARAH. *sigh of relief*) But at the same time, a lot of the old podcasts were not completely pokemon related. :3 And people want to hear about a range of things, but don't worry. It'll all work out. ^^

And yes. If something is said (such as swearing) I would be happy to bleep it out, or at least put a warning at the beginning of the podcast/in the description. xD

Okay, good news is that I've talked to Austin about how to get the podcast up and briefly about recording it, so hopefully that should all work out. As I said, Mike and I shall do an introductory podcast (which we can hopefully do in a few hours' time) and that will be the test for uploading and assembling and whatnot. :] I (or we) will also put it up on YouTube (since it'll be a short video, meaning the whole thing will fit, unlike a normal episode).

Austin said that instead of using something like Megaupload, he used "Archive", which was a handy site where people could download the podcasts as an MP3 without having to use iTunes. So I've decided that I'll do the promo thing like Rhys suggested for YouTube, then give the link to the Archive file for download, and also tell in the description about the iTunes podcast. HOW DOES THAT SOUND? :D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:

(THANK YOU SARAH. *sigh of relief*) But at the same time, a lot of the old podcasts were not completely pokemon related. :3 And people want to hear about a range of things, but don't worry. It'll all work out. ^^

And yes. If something is said (such as swearing) I would be happy to bleep it out, or at least put a warning at the beginning of the podcast/in the description. xD

Okay, good news is that I've talked to Austin about how to get the podcast up and briefly about recording it, so hopefully that should all work out. As I said, Mike and I shall do an introductory podcast (which we can hopefully do in a few hours' time) and that will be the test for uploading and assembling and whatnot. :] I (or we) will also put it up on YouTube (since it'll be a short video, meaning the whole thing will fit, unlike a normal episode).

Austin said that instead of using something like Megaupload, he used "Archive", which was a handy site where people could download the podcasts as an MP3 without having to use iTunes. So I've decided that I'll do the promo thing like Rhys suggested for YouTube, then give the link to the Archive file for download, and also tell in the description about the iTunes podcast. HOW DOES THAT SOUND? :D

~GS.
Make sure you post it to the Pe2k Podcast blog as well. That's how it'll get onto iTunes.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
Make sure you post it to the Pe2k Podcast blog as well. That's how it'll get onto iTunes.
That would be a problem. The current iTunes account, for some God-awful reason, does not allow the files to be downloaded.

Quote:

~GS.
Megaupload or Mediafire is your best bet. iTunes is too annoying, not everyone has it, and it apparently does not work for us xD

Also, as I said, we need to keep the discussions interesting. For example. The main discussion could be about the recent release of Pokemon Black and White.

Quote:
Grace: So, guys, what do you think about the new Pokemon game.

Pe2kVoices: They released another Pokemon game?

Tombi: Awesome!

Hkim: I thought it was an interesting play.

Tombi: It had great characters, a wonderful playthrough, etc.

(you get the picture)

Grace: Speaking of new releases, the game company Bioware has released a new hyped-up game called Star Wars The Old Republic. It is said that it will, believe it or not, kill WoW. Do you think that is possible, with it having 12 million players and all?

Hkim: I don't know, Bioware is a very good game company, but they have never made an MMO before.

Tombi: Good point.

Pe2kVoices: I think not. It will be just like the Call of Duty. It sucks, but people will always buy it in hopes of it being like Call of Duty 4. That is why I ceased to get it.

Grace: But is it possible that it could kill WoW, with all things considered?

Hkim: I don't know. It has just been released, so it is questionable whether or not it will be a hit at all. Hardly anyone has been talking about it, and the Youtube videos for it hardly have any views.

(you get the picture)

Grace: As we can see, new games have a lot of shoes to fill. And so do new game consoles. It seems Nintendo is trying to catch up in technology by releasing the Wii-U. Does anybody know anything about it?

(you get the picture, and we some how get into the discussion if Pokemon will be released for the 3DS, etc.)
It all winds up getting back onto the subject of Pokemon, while maintaining some other conversations. I understand we are a Pokemon forum, but as you can see, that is not all we do.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Yeah, you got the picture! :D But the thing is, Mike, I think they'll come back with activity. And if not, and something goes wrong, then I can reupload them. I'm sure it'll work again on iTunes, plus I'm going to upload them to that other site. I have all the instructions I need from Austin, so once we do this intro podcast, I'll test the upload and stuff, and we'll see how it goes. :] I'll give you the file as well as you can make it into a video, and use your cool Pe2k mix at the beginning! xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you got the picture! :D But the thing is, Mike, I think they'll come back with activity. And if not, and something goes wrong, then I can reupload them. I'm sure it'll work again on iTunes, plus I'm going to upload them to that other site. I have all the instructions I need from Austin, so once we do this intro podcast, I'll test the upload and stuff, and we'll see how it goes. :] I'll give you the file as well as you can make it into a video, and use your cool Pe2k mix at the beginning! xD

~GS.
Alrighty then! Hay, would it be too much to advertise things made by the community in the podcast? xD jk, jk.