Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:33 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy
Default Re: Signature, Avatar, and Drawing Showcase!

Damn it's been ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxamivalth View Post
EDIT:
Looks great!
But I don't know what the symbols mean.
The background is a little bit too messy for me.
I like the way you make the naruto. You make his body (clothes) piece per piece, but you remove his actual body.

I'm a beginner and did this. Need C&C to improve.

For this one, the background seems to be sharpened too much, and other than the monotone it's pretty good for a beginner.

This would have been better if the text wasn't there. Don't make your text stand out; make it blend in with the sig and make it one, so the focal point (the dragon) is seen. Right now my eyes are looking at the text. Nice work though; the light source looks pretty good.

This one is hard for me to judge since I don't know what changes you've made...the image is not the best quality and for good results I suggest you look for HQ images, renders, stock etc.

Pretty beginner, the c4d & render (girl) does not comment to the flow (which I'm guessing is the blue background, that's how I see it), and is just there...when making signatures there is a 'flow' that is visable, and you make sure that everything goes in that direction. Good use of your resources though. Look up some tutorials and you'll become just like the pros in no time ;)

I followed my own signature tutorial. How sad. Oh yeah, I haven't sharpened anything, it's the way the render turned out when I resized it/also got to do with the original piece.

This one has no flow.

This one looks pretty flat (no depth & light source).

The first one I made a few minutes ago..the other two it's been a few months. Still haven't gotten back into my groove.

Don't hate. It's been ages. I know it's not the best.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

This is my first ever avatar... Thoughts?

It's a chibi Bulbasaur!

All scratched by hand, the background is a gradient that I made in Paint, and yeah. Pretty simple.

Please don't be too harsh, I'm usually just a spriter!

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

*sigh* And I thought I'd finally get a comment on my work.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy View Post

This one looks great. I like the effect you put in it. But not too many, tough.

Don't know what to comment on this one. It already looks fine.

As you said, it has no depth and lighting.
And, the background doesn't fit the render and that red bar well. This one is the least good from those you made here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibb2 View Post
It's a chibi Bulbasaur!

I believe you, as a spriter, must already know what to do with outline. Your outline looks messy especially the right face (our left). The outline is too thick compared to the other side.
I think you do it not by mistake, but you really want to make it like that since the outlines covering its face and seed thing are bold.
But seriously, it is messy for me, at least.
And, try applying lighting on it for better result.
My response is Bold.

Made these about a week ago.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

The style chibi actually uses that. You use a thick outline, as well as a messy outline, with no shading whatsoever. It's a very simple style.

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:50 PM
DeadSmite Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxamivalth View Post

Made these about a week ago.

i see your style is photomanipulation, youre getting the hang of it but not a whole lot just yet. nightmare needs to be a different shad to match the scene (you know, like he needs to be darker, and lighter where the light source is touching) the fire stock on the bottom right looks likes it needs to be smaller and put somwhere where it fits more, and on a different setting too, remember to always play around with settings, concentrate on realism, depth, and blending at all times when doing photomanips :D

anyways who wants to be the lucky one for this?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSmite View Post
anyways who wants to be the lucky one for this?
I think desaturated signatures are always a lot harder to pull off than normal signatures. The background looks too blurry and it feels like all the effects are scrunched up on the left side, suffocating the focal point. The cursive text is kinda hard to read, but I like how it curls around the text above it. Even so, the top text looks a little too plain for the rest of the signature. I guess if you're gonna use text like that, you might as well make it dynamic with paths or shear. I still think it's a really good shot at a b/w signature, though c:

H3H3H3
no im not obsessed with homestuck shut up
and no i dont have difficulty creating flow stop that
Old 08-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelutions View Post
I think desaturated signatures are always a lot harder to pull off than normal signatures. The background looks too blurry and it feels like all the effects are scrunched up on the left side, suffocating the focal point. The cursive text is kinda hard to read, but I like how it curls around the text above it. Even so, the top text looks a little too plain for the rest of the signature. I guess if you're gonna use text like that, you might as well make it dynamic with paths or shear. I still think it's a really good shot at a b/w signature, though c:

H3H3H3
no im not obsessed with homestuck shut up
and no i dont have difficulty creating flow stop that

Oh that one looks really good, background looks really good and I love the render.. ;D

So overall really good job. =D

So I was playing around in photoshop, just to be reminded what a lagging pile of ..... my photoshop is.. xD

Anyway I made this.. xD

Would look much better if photoshop hadn't stopped working and gone white and offered me to end program each time I used the eraser.. xD

Anyway I'm gonna finish it tomorrow, to tired to do finishing touches on the banner with photoshop acting like that.. xD

So here is the unfinished banner :

Last edited by Simmi; 08-16-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Oh that one looks really good, background looks really good and I love the render.. ;D So overall really good job. =D

So I was playing around in photoshop, just to be reminded what a lagging pile of ..... my photoshop is.. xD Anyway I made this.. xD Would look much better if photoshop hadn't stopped working and gone white and offered me to end program each time I used the eraser.. xD Anyway I'm gonna finish it tomorrow, to tired to do finishing touches on the banner with photoshop acting like that.. xD

So here is the unfinished banner :
Oh, thank you /blush
As for yours, I think it's also really good c: Since it's unfinished I can't really say much rofl. I like it though, it's a great start.

Here's what I made today...I dunno why but in the back of my mind I really wanted to make a graphic with Elesa in it. So I finally did c: And it's my first vertical graphic, so yay.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

I think the tag looks good, only two big things I see that could be changed; it should probably be a little bigger. I don't really think I'm getting a full view of the banner, like I am not sure if there is text on it. If so, I definitely can't read it. That, and I think the clip at the bottom you don't really need. Clipping masks are awesome, but in this case I think it takes away from the main picture a bit. Other than that I think it looks good, nice job.

I haven't made any graphics in a while, but here's one I put together:

Don't be overly harsh, but criticism is appreciated.

EDIT: Added a version with a different gradient map style. Any feedback?

Last edited by Broderick; 09-17-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Broderick Offline

Come on guys, 3 days and no responses? Meh. I did another one, Weedle f*ck yeah.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:35 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem N Ems View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
---> RULES
1.)Just like "Rate the Sig above you" And "Rate the avatar above you", you have to comment someone above your post. AT LEAST ONE PERSON to receive comments and criticism on your banner/tag/sig
[*]If the person above you has not rated the banner above their post, then you can feel free to ignore their post as if it didn’t exist, and rate the banner that they failed to rate.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 09-17-2011, 03:45 AM
Broderick Offline

A simple "You have to rate the banner above, first" would have sufficed. Posts will be edited, sorry.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
I think the tag looks good, only two big things I see that could be changed; it should probably be a little bigger. I don't really think I'm getting a full view of the banner, like I am not sure if there is text on it. If so, I definitely can't read it. That, and I think the clip at the bottom you don't really need. Clipping masks are awesome, but in this case I think it takes away from the main picture a bit. Other than that I think it looks good, nice job.

I haven't made any graphics in a while, but here's one I put together:

Don't be overly harsh, but criticism is appreciated.

EDIT: Added a version with a different gradient map style. Any feedback?
Personally, I love the second one with the altered gradient maps. The first one seems a little too...bland for my tastes. Interesting colour combinations are the key to effective banners. Or one of the key points, anyway. xD

On the topic of colours, purple, pink and blue flow really nicely together, and you did a good job in this one. You used a clear light source, which is good; too many banners lack this. Still, the Staryu seems a little "pasted" on, to me. Maybe dry adding a shadow behind it for depth? I feel it needs to come forward.

I have a little issue with your text, though. And those black horizontal lines spanning above and below seem to detract from the overall banner. In fact, your eye seems to see that first, when really it should be the Staryu we are looking at. Simple white text might suffice better in this case, as there is really no other black within the image. White text would also create an asymmetrical balance with the light flowing from Staryu, as well. Or you could go with a light cream.

Once you're done with that text, try making the pixel border darker so it draws your eye inside the banner. A one-pixel black line works well. Or if you don't want to use black, I'd recommend a dark shade of purple. Just use the eyedropper to grab a colour from the darkest part of your banner.

Hope this helps you. n__n

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 10-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Power-Line Offline

Rock on, Gimp users!
I just started using Paint SAI, which is a digital art program.
My second time using it, I painted this up, which I call "The Armor Plated Dragon"
You only see its head, neck, and torso, if you didn't get what was up with the angle.
It took me kind of a long time. x_x

**Click the thumbnail to enlarge the image.

I drew/painted it for my boyfriend as a gift. Hope he likes it!

I also forgot to mention how freaky the changes are. Man this place is different.

Last edited by Power-Line; 10-08-2011 at 07:43 AM.