Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi
Default Summer Jobs

So did you get one this summer, what is it? How do you like it so far? What are you doing?

Well I got one and on Friday we end week 4, well it's really fun and I get to do alot of different things, turns out the group I was hired into is used as temps for the summer activities, daycare and build a cabin and that kinda stuff...

So yeah I'm sent to help build a cabin and they send a request for me out of the 15 people to come back, they have requested to send specifically me, by name 5 times and I was sent to a day care one day, the the same bloody thing happened they requested me by name to come back 4 days straight, and after the weekend, they did not ask for the girls sent with me funny isn't it, tho I've only gone 4 times to the daycare and 3 times to the build a cabin thing, and then to a daycare at another school, in summer daycare they go downtown and to the zoo and sight seeing... Taking a bus with 40 6-9 year old children is so stressful that I just hate having to take them on a bus.
Yesterday they both asked for me so I picked the build a cabin thing, I think building is fun.

But yeah my job title is suppose to be organizing events like beach ball tournament charity concert and what ever for children and teens, but we have to make 1 elderly event.

So I hope you guys see why I'm annoyed with the constantly being requested for, I mean it's nice knowing I'm doing a good job and it can be fun, but I just don't like having to go there to often, if I wanted to be working full time at a daycare I would have applied for that specific job but I didn't. Am I being rude to the woman and they guy that keep requesting for me. I mean there are 14 other people they can get, some have never gotten to go temp, and it actually happened the other day we were sent on a bus to a big play field near a beach with the kids. And guess who I run into, about 10 kids (the once that weren't borrowed as temps) and my bosses, playing volley ball at the beach and when I asked to join they say I need to take care of the kids.

I just don't find it fair.

They get to slack of play ball and be next to the cooler with the free soda and the free doritos while I'm being sent around town with 40 children or building a cabin.

So my frustration is more that while I'm working they get to have fun, and yes there are special children in these groups which add a lot more stress, both physically retarded and the ADHD children who act out impulsively and use violence against the youngest children. The people who keep requesting me, the head of the daycare and build a cabin thing are really nice and fun and pleasant to be around but it annoys me that the other once never get sent. Like today, I get for the first time in a long while to do my job and it was so much more stress-less then having to look out for all those kids, we even played American football after launch, and I got to take a launch break, something your not allowed to do when sent off, you get no breaks and have to eat with the children while constantly monitoring them.

So yeah that is my summer job, yeah I know really stressfull.. xD Also tomorrow I'm working 10 hours, today I worked 11 hours, they are making us work longer to make up for the 3 days off, 2 national legal holidays and the one day they pushed back do to THEM (My bosses) being in Denmark so we started a day later. Anyway since I see there logic and I think it's a good one I'm not gonna say anything, you see next month we get payed as if we had been to work those 3 days, but we add extra hours to some days to work it up (24 hours in all, about 17 extra left)..

So now yeah, since I got that off my chest, really tired you can talk about your summer job! :D

Last edited by Simmi; 06-28-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Summer Jobs

Ahaha! You handled that quite well if I must say so myself. My work never ends (animation), and I constantly have a deadline I need to match. The only reason I am so active right now is because my boss is squabbling over who gets what job at the moment xD Normally my post ratio is 1.49, but now it is 2.69 xD
Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Ahaha! You handled that quite well if I must say so myself. My work never ends (animation), and I constantly have a deadline I need to match. The only reason I am so active right now is because my boss is squabbling over who gets what job at the moment xD Normally my post ratio is 1.49, but now it is 2.69 xD

Thank you ... xD Tho my activity is limited to only couple of hours after work and before I go to sleep to go to work again, I just use my time to do all the projects I have signed up for (like war which happens that most work gets done via the weekend so I have everything under control there) and to do my Graphic Expert duties (Which I like to do :3).. xD It's a vicious sickle that never ends (Tho it does from Friday to Monday xD)

You do live animation? :D

Does it appear on TV or a website? :3

No wonder the Voice acting projects are so nicely and well done! :D
Old 06-29-2011, 08:43 AM

I do pre-CGI movement work. I simply layout a path of the movement, and then the guy who sits across from me makes the movement more realistic. And no, I am assigned the job, but I never know what it is for xD I am only 17, which is kind of creepy too... ah... German schooling system and its method of apprenticeship xD
Old 06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

My summers tend to be too short for work to work out. My regular year tends to be too stressful to not take a break either. >.>
Old 06-29-2011, 12:36 PM

If your life is stressful, kick back and listen to this Kenny. It is very beautiful. =D
Old 07-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Evildoctorporkchop Offline
New Trainer

My summer is full of working my tush off at work and summer semester to graduate college faster! Its going well but hit a snag when I got into a wreck and then decided to move. -____-
Old 07-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

I've considered keeping the job I have now as just a summer job, unfortunately I have a $250 bond to pay off and the company takes out $25 from each monthly paycheck. So far it's at $75; I've still got 7 months to go.

Yes, I get paid only once a month. I hate it. :/

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 07-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I have the same job that I've held since '07. So it's, uh, my 4th summer in the same job. Except it's a year round job. I guess?

McDonald's sucks, by the way. The only reason I haven't quit yet is because apparently I've recently been promoted to Crew Trainer. I won't believe it until I see my brand new black shirt and a raise, though.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I work at a dog groomers all year not just for a summer job. I'm the one that washes, dries and brushes out the dogs. I don't get to do any of the actual cutting.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

I'm lazy, i have no job at all. even worse, im 18 and my parents pay for my car payments. but hey, musics working out for me.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:43 AM
prudence12 Offline
New Trainer

Had a job online during summer. I write articles for a candy shop. It was fun working and my boss was really kind and thoughtful.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:45 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

My summer job is ASB.

Meh, I worked at Denny's for a little bit, but I was making more in tips then my actual paycheck, so I quit (and I was going to be out of state for two weeks, derp), so now I just do my degrading chores and odd jobs for people like mowing lawns and stuff.

Another job of mine is cramming as many concerts into my summer as humanly possible. <3
Old 08-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
but I was making more in tips then my actual paycheck, so I quit
Yeah, I've considered going into waitressing, but the fact that the company has the right to pay you below minimum wage because of how much in tips you can make really doesn't attract me to that sort of job. Plus I'm freakishly clumsy.

As soon as mah boi gets home I'm going job hunting and quitting my current job once I find one. I can't stand waking up at 1am and going to bed as late as 6am anymore, especially with school about to start in a few weeks. I wanna go try for a few game stores in the area. :3

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 08-03-2011, 07:03 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
Yeah, I've considered going into waitressing, but the fact that the company has the right to pay you below minimum wage because of how much in tips you can make really doesn't attract me to that sort of job. Plus I'm freakishly clumsy.

As soon as mah boi gets home I'm going job hunting and quitting my current job once I find one. I can't stand waking up at 1am and going to bed as late as 6am anymore, especially with school about to start in a few weeks. I wanna go try for a few game stores in the area. :3

Yeah, and balancing up to four plates at one time on your arm is hard stuff. xD

Good luck with that, love. I hear the pay is decent and you get an employee discount. ;3