Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Ugh, I keep getting worse.

I really, really need to get this off of my chest; because even though as of this moment I'm fine, said mindset is causing my anger and frustration to keep building up and up, which is not good.

That being said, mentally, I've been in a rather terrible condition lately.
I don't know what really started it--maybe it stemmed from slight lack of sleep every night, the busyness of school and me worrying about trying to keep up with everything--I don't know. That and I do have clinical depression, but it comes and goes at separate intervals.

I am also aware of the fact that, yeah, hey, it IS my senior year and I should really try to enjoy it; at that, I have been trying, but at times I find it to be near-impossible.
I'm always so frustrated at school. I guess it's that I feel that since I'm a senior, I'm one of the oldest students and am basically surrounded by underclassmen, with about half of them being complete, obnoxious idiots (no, I'm not directing this towards any of you, my friends that are underclassmen, or the minority that is actually pretty mature...just, you know how the worst of the group always tends to make the impression? It happens a lot in fanbases; prejudice is used against a said fanbase because of the fans that are considered as, "worst-case scenario.")

...So in between every hour when walking from one class to another, I tend to get incredibly irritated in one way or another. Why? Kids just jumping on each other like five-year-olds, making out in the middle of the hallway (though that more like makes me LOL), just stop walking RIGHT in front of you, turn around right in front of you so you end up ramming right into them and getting pissed off, people just....UGH PEOPLE ARE SO ******* STUPID IT MAKES ME WANT TO KICK BABIES.

I've had this problem for a while. Oh, and another thing: half of the time when I'm trying to do my work in class, in the majority of my classes there's always the group of ******* idiots who don't know HOW TO SHUT THEIR ******* MOUTH AND LET OTHER PEOPLE WORK AND ACT LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS IT JUST MAKES ME WANNA PULL MY HAIR OUT.
Just...I don't like the majority of my school. Why? Kids. I hate them. Albeit there are a few exceptions, but nonetheless.

And yes, I know that a school filled with idiots is entirely unevitable. But I can't help but wonder why I started getting so boiled up over it...I dunno. And then I get to a point where almost EVERYTHING will set me off. Like when I was driving home there was this idiot that was just about RIGHT behind me and I just kept shouting all these profanities and blah. Not to them, of course, just yelling to myself about them in my car. Eventually it got physical and then I started punching things and whatnot.

I just...I don't know. It just feels like it's gotten terrible. So bad that I tend to not get quite as much sleep as I should, I feel like crap every time I get home, and just...as soon as that last bell rings, I want to get OUT OF THAT BUILDING IMMEDIATELY.
Though oddly I don't have a problem with my Japanese Culture Club people. I'm like totally cool with them for the most part. Perhaps because they're mostly friends of mine.

It's just...well, I went to the doctor yesterday (though it was for something else--see, I'm starting to get this splotch of white where my skin's pigmentation is just...gone. And it's grown a little since it appeared and it was a bit worrisome. Hopefully it doesn't spread until I get pale...ugh. I am semi-fair and I would liek to stay dat wai, pl0x), and that issue came up. So I got put on anti-depressants (or, at least a pill that enhances the effects of the one I already take, since I've gotten kinda immune to it since I've been taking it for 5 or so years.). I haven't started taking them yet, just because I'd rather wait til the weekend just in case there's some rather "ill" side effects.

I don't know. I just need help, I think. Or someone to talk to. Heck, just posting about it makes me feel a LITTLE better.
But even now I don't think I got out what all I've been wanting to say. I suppose I just forgot it.

I've just been getting stressed over just about everything, and very irritable.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Re: Ugh, I keep getting worse.

>Get lots of sleep
>Wake up
>Eat lots of protein
>Yoga/Medidate

Problems solved. All of the problems. All of them.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
>Get lots of sleep
>Wake up
>Eat lots of protein
>Yoga/Medidate

Problems solved. All of the problems. All of them.
^ all of them :::;)

I don't know how eating copious amounts of protein will help you feel better (though it is good for your body so how can you go wrong), but do you work your body often? If nothing more than regularly taking walks, consistent exercise works wonders towards making you feel better overall.
And as Charbok said, having a stable and generous sleep schedule will help out a lot too.

Quote:
I don't know. I just need help, I think. Or someone to talk to. Heck, just posting about it makes me feel a LITTLE better.
Have you considered having meetings with a counselor (doesn't have to be from your school)? I know it's not necessarily a 'popular' decision to make, but having somebody to vent to about things when it gets too rough to handle, no less somebody who is experienced with dealing with what you are going through, can be very helpful for you.

If the major source of your emotional stress comes from your school, do what you can and always know that you don't have very much longer to go; I don't know if you're thinking about going to college, but (at least where I am) the people are a lot more mature than high schoolers. Try not to let rude young'uns doing rude young'un things get to you, immaturity is not worth blowing up over. Keep calm and carry on.

Last edited by Steak; 09-14-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

I had a similarish problem. But mine was for a different reason, don't feel like going into details now. But I can say from experience that talking to someone does help.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

Okay, this will sound really screwed up at first, and you won't believe it's me that is telling you to do this, but:

Just watch some MLP.
It makes you way to freaking happy. Atleast that's the effect it has on me. No joke.

And here's the part where I'm entirely serious.

Please don't rage at me for this.

Spoiler:
Who cares? Don't sweat the little things. Sorry, but it's people like you that make guys like me seem...like we're in a really bad situation. Like just move on, for crying out loud.

Friends? My situation dosen't allow for me to have friends. My whole elementary school hated me, and so I was just an outcast. Somebody else's punching bag. You bumb into someone? If I do, they probably already know some onf my ex-friends and will pick on me, or beat me up.

You're a senior? Good for you. I got paddled twice in one day. Yippie.

People can't shut thier mouths to stop mindlessly chattering? For me, all that chatter is usually just jokes and insults directed at me.

And what do I do? I freaking move on. Because in the end, you are you, and nothing they do will change that. Yeah, they're stupid, obnoxious, and mean, but do they really matter? Everyone knows the popular ones always finish last. And just chill out, you're going to bust a vein or something ^-^"

Hope you get out of this slump.

~Max

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 09-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

I'm a year behind you, but I know your situation man. I've dealt with depression my whole life, but only in the last 6 months has it become manageable for me. In fact, my life has never been better despite it being more hectic than it's ever been.
If you want my opinions and what I've done to help myself, read below. You may not like it but it's what I've done.

Spoiler:
The biggest thing that's helped me is establishing a relationship. I've been with my girlfriend for about 3 months now; I love her and I appreciate every day now. Something that immediately moved me however, was watching a video on YouTube by a comedian with the channel name dcigs. It was a video about his life and his struggles with depression and his family, and it really just made me appreciate what I had, and how much I'd taken my life for granted. I know from being depressed that nothing anyone says to you or suggests you do will really help, but thank you if you read this and considered what I have to say. I hope life picks up for you man; really.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

I also can say I am a victim of depression. I take Lexapro and Risperdol and I have been hospitalized for depression and an autistic spectrum disorder. I know what it feels like to suffer from major depression and I still suffer from it now. Talking to someone does help but only for a bit. Personally, I don't intend to be pessimistic, but nothing really helps except positive thinking and encouragement. Its a chemical imbalance in the brain that cannot be fixed by just improving health. Drugs and talking to people may help the issue for a short time but in the long run not much can help the matter. All I can say is pray for the better and improve spiritual health.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Teenagers go through that because our testosterone/estrogen levels get all out of wack. Girls tend to get really moody when they get to the age of 15-18. Guys get aggressive from the age of 15-20. That is a generalization, yes, but it is also true. The only thing that I can tell you is that it is normal for our age group.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
I am also aware of the fact that, yeah, hey, it IS my senior year and I should really try to enjoy it; at that, I have been trying, but at times I find it to be near-impossible.
I'm always so frustrated at school. I guess it's that I feel that since I'm a senior, I'm one of the oldest students and am basically surrounded by underclassmen, with about half of them being complete, obnoxious idiots (no, I'm not directing this towards any of you, my friends that are underclassmen, or the minority that is actually pretty mature...just, you know how the worst of the group always tends to make the impression? It happens a lot in fanbases; prejudice is used against a said fanbase because of the fans that are considered as, "worst-case scenario.")

...So in between every hour when walking from one class to another, I tend to get incredibly irritated in one way or another. Why? Kids just jumping on each other like five-year-olds, making out in the middle of the hallway (though that more like makes me LOL), just stop walking RIGHT in front of you, turn around right in front of you so you end up ramming right into them and getting pissed off, people just....UGH PEOPLE ARE SO ******* STUPID IT MAKES ME WANT TO KICK BABIES.

I've had this problem for a while. Oh, and another thing: half of the time when I'm trying to do my work in class, in the majority of my classes there's always the group of ******* idiots who don't know HOW TO SHUT THEIR ******* MOUTH AND LET OTHER PEOPLE WORK AND ACT LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS IT JUST MAKES ME WANNA PULL MY HAIR OUT.
Just...I don't like the majority of my school. Why? Kids. I hate them. Albeit there are a few exceptions, but nonetheless.

And yes, I know that a school filled with idiots is entirely unevitable. But I can't help but wonder why I started getting so boiled up over it...I dunno. And then I get to a point where almost EVERYTHING will set me off. Like when I was driving home there was this idiot that was just about RIGHT behind me and I just kept shouting all these profanities and blah. Not to them, of course, just yelling to myself about them in my car. Eventually it got physical and then I started punching things and whatnot.
As far as I know, this is pretty normal. Learn to ignore them and things get a lot better. I recall not acknowledging the existence of underclassmen by my senior year. I don't think I knew that many to begin with anyway. Thing is, you gotta learn to deal with stupid people all the time. Getting stressed and depressed over that is not the way to go.

I can't say how depression affects you in there though. Are you going through behavioural therapy and stuff?

Quote:
I just...I don't know. It just feels like it's gotten terrible. So bad that I tend to not get quite as much sleep as I should, I feel like crap every time I get home, and just...as soon as that last bell rings, I want to get OUT OF THAT BUILDING IMMEDIATELY.
Though oddly I don't have a problem with my Japanese Culture Club people. I'm like totally cool with them for the most part. Perhaps because they're mostly friends of mine.
Then hang out with your friends.

Quote:
It's just...well, I went to the doctor yesterday (though it was for something else--see, I'm starting to get this splotch of white where my skin's pigmentation is just...gone. And it's grown a little since it appeared and it was a bit worrisome. Hopefully it doesn't spread until I get pale...ugh. I am semi-fair and I would liek to stay dat wai, pl0x), and that issue came up. So I got put on anti-depressants (or, at least a pill that enhances the effects of the one I already take, since I've gotten kinda immune to it since I've been taking it for 5 or so years.). I haven't started taking them yet, just because I'd rather wait til the weekend just in case there's some rather "ill" side effects.
The skin problem affect somewhere between 1-5% of the entire population. It's very common to have that. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. It's not a life threatening condition and you can call yourself lucky that you got this instead of something that is life threatening. Before you ask, I have some too. Some grew back the pigmentation, others stayed and/or spread. You'll just learn to live with it like I did.

Is it your primary care physician that's giving you antidepressants, might I ask?

Quote:
I've just been getting stressed over just about everything, and very irritable.
Well the good news is that you're stressed over literally nothing. The bad news is that you're stressed over literally nothing.