Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Things You Hate in Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post

Also, your music would scare me. xD
I get that a lot, sadly enough. :/ And my music - in retrospect - isn't even THAT hard. x'D
Old 09-20-2011, 12:40 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

• Rap
    It just makes me feel kind of like the dudes are yelling at you, plus the fact that every other word most of the time is a swear/people calling one another niggas/etc.

Most music makes me want to sing. This, for some reason, makes me want to kill them.
  • Country
    Swears. Everywhere I look there is a swear almost. EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY THINKS IT WOULD SAVE THEIR LIVES
  • Heavy Metal/Emo/Screamo
    ...-Covers ears and dun listen-
  • Justin Bevers (People who just can't sing)
    Must I explain? If you can't sing, you can't sing. Its that simple.
  • Autotuning
If you can't sing, why are you trying to be able to? Its silly.

I would go on, but I would be a troll to those whom lie them.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Shucklulz Offline

• Triplet notes. I have never, ever been able to play them and stay on tempo with a song. Q___Q
  • When people try to pass off assaulting a base guitar and screaming as music.
  • When fans refuse to listen to anything unless it's on the radio. Seriously, there's more to music than just what gets airtime. :C

That's about it, really.

PS: Autotune is generally only as good as the person using it.

Last edited by Shucklulz; 09-22-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:31 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

What I hate about some music? The people that listen to it are so judgmental. So many people hate rap like it's not a unique form of storytelling over a beat. I never saw or figured out why many people dislike it.

Another thing I hate in music is mainstream. I strongly dislike when a good artist, mainly rapper, stays true to his/her roots rapping what is true and telling stories, but then gets to that level of success where they join mainstream and rap about sex/drugs/guns/etc. Sadly, this happened to the best of them: Jay-Z, Kanye, Lil Wayne, etc.

That's basically it. If you disagree with me on rap or why you hate it, reply to this or inbox me. It shows that you're not open to different genres if you hate it just to hate it, so give me a reason.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 09-22-2011, 06:09 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

94% of all country music. Why? It just doesn't "click" with me the way dubstep, metal, electro-house, and electronic do. I like a constant beat with either a ton of bass drops, sick guitar riffs, or ear tingling synth. I'm not fond of a southern drawl in music, unless the singer is Johnny Cash. Cash is the only country artist I'll ask for. My music library contains just about everything: Daft Punk, Skillet, Insane Clown Posse, The Beatles, Motzart, and Justice just to name a few. So don't say I'm being closed minded. I'll give every genre a chance.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

I hate that people don't like the music from musicals...
It's not horrible music; it's better than half the crap on the radio. There are modern-day musicals, too, like Green Day's American Idiot! It's literally Green Day's songs with a storyline! Yet, people still call us thespians "gay"... :/

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:29 AM
rasta_rude_boy420 Offline

Send a message via AIM to rasta_rude_boy420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
What I hate about some music? The people that listen to it are so judgmental.

And not in the right sense... People don't understand how to explain why they "hate" something, so they end up simplifying the thought, and being lazy. lazy muth ***** who listen to the same thing, over and over. Afraid of change, or how to understand something for being different. A lot of music grows on you, and you can dislike something, but to generalize a statement then start an argument over it, isn't the answer. You gotta know your facts, and even then, it's all still opinion, based on preference. I really just don't hate music, because there is someone learning from what's happening, and doing their twist on it. Sometimes you just need to go to a local bar, and you'll catch a set you weren't planning on seeing.

haha. XD

Name: RuDE
FC for Diamond: 5327 8686 4592
FC for Platinum: Got Jacked :[
FC for Heart Gold: 5027 6970 5395

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkCtlaNFn8
Old 10-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonKit View Post
  • Rap
    It just makes me feel kind of like the dudes are yelling at you, plus the fact that every other word most of the time is a swear/people calling one another niggas/etc.

Most music makes me want to sing. This, for some reason, makes me want to kill them.
  • Country
    Swears. Everywhere I look there is a swear almost. EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY THINKS IT WOULD SAVE THEIR LIVES
  • Heavy Metal/Emo/Screamo
    ...-Covers ears and dun listen-
  • Justin Bevers (People who just can't sing)
    Must I explain? If you can't sing, you can't sing. Its that simple.
  • Autotuning
If you can't sing, why are you trying to be able to? Its silly.

I would go on, but I would be a troll to those whom lie them.
Is there anything that you like?

Rap: I'd love to see you rap.

Country: It is something for people with a southern drawl to relate to.

Heavy Metal/Emo/Screamo: You obviously haven't listened to Sexual Man Chocolate by Attack! Attack!, or Dream Theater, or Symphony-X. You really need to listen to a genre thoroughly to say you dislike it.

Justin Bieber: Okay, I seriously hate it when people attack his singing ability. While I do dislike the person, I do not think he lacks talent. He really is a good singer... or should I say, was?

Autotune: Autotune is not only for people who cant sing. You are thinking of Ke$ha or Pink. As I said, you need to look into more than just the surface.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-31-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:46 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Is there anything that you like?

Rap: I'd love to see you rap.

Country: It is something for people with a southern drawl to relate to.

Heavy Metal/Emo/Screamo: You obviously haven't listened to Sexual Man Chocolate by Attack! Attack!, or Dream Theater, or Symphony-X. You really need to listen to a genre thoroughly to say you dislike it.

Justin Bieber: Okay, I seriously hate it when people attack his singing ability. While I do not dislike the person, I do not think he lacks talent. He really is a good singer... or should I say, was?

Autotune: Autotune is not only for people who cant sing. You are thinking of Ke$ha or Pink. As I said, you need to look into more than just the surface.
Rap: To be honest, if you've got a sense of rhythm, chances are you can rap. Rapping is basically singing without notes.

Country: ... so people with a southern drawl will relate to music that also has a southern drawl? Ok... don't really get what you're saying there. However, country can be done without swearing. In fact, a lot of the country I've heard there isn't any swearing...

Heavy Metal/Emo/Screamo: Don't patronise people. "You obviously haven't heard...", as if those people will miraculously change their stance on a genre. Just because you like them, doesn't mean others will.

Justin Bieber: Yeah, I agree here. He's quite cocky, from what I gather from him, but he can sing.

Autotune: Ke$ha also uses autotune on the speaking parts - I think it's pretty clear that it's there as part of the genre of the music. If everything else is synthesised, why shouldn't the vocals be?

Although, Moonkit, even with autotune, you can't make a terrible singer brilliant. You can fix the tiny hiccups of good singers, which is what it mostly is. Other times, it's used for effect (like I said, getting into the style of the music).
Old 10-16-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Rap: To be honest, if you've got a sense of rhythm, chances are you can rap. Rapping is basically singing without notes.

It takes skill to rap. You cannot just get up to the microphone and rap a verse.

Heavy Metal/Emo/Screamo: Don't patronise people. "You obviously haven't heard...", as if those people will miraculously change their stance on a genre. Just because you like them, doesn't mean others will.

No. I am not saying that she will like the genre because of those groups. She is implying that they cannot sing, and all they do is scream. Those bands have beautiful singers.

Justin Bieber: Yeah, I agree here. He's quite cocky, from what I gather from him, but he can sing.

Autotune: Ke$ha also uses autotune on the speaking parts - I think it's pretty clear that it's there as part of the genre of the music. If everything else is synthesised, why shouldn't the vocals be?

Have you heard Ke$ha without autotune? xD God awful dude. It is to cover up the fact that she can't sing for shiz.
Responses in the bold.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 10-16-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
MrPolarZero Offline

Justin Bieber.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolarZero View Post
Justin Bieber.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:35 AM
fortomorrow Offline

Too much tricks and rhythm modification. Or sometimes whole nonsense rap without any feelings.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:21 AM
goldwynaut Offline

I HATE all new/modern/ music that itunes so called genius keep stuffing down your ears, seriously, that is talking with some n00bs with a bass or whatever in the background. chris medina is an xsample :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQY4dIxY1H4

this is also a pretty xsample http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Old 01-31-2012, 11:12 AM

Do you mean genres like Glitch Hop, Dubstep, DnB, or House? If you do, you are sadly mistaken about some guy talking with a bassline in the background.

If you are talking about hip hop, you are also sadly mistaken. Hip hop has taken a more musical approach than before.

What genre are you referencing.