Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 AM
hectic Offline

Default Re: Activity Here and Pokemon Online server

I'm not sure how a PO server will increase the activity... Anyone want to make me feel less ignorant of the situation.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azelf View Post
^This.

Also im gonna help Seanrocks/rofltacos/Brainstorm aka old school guy get back into things if you remember him lol.

As for Wifiers, well we'd still love your input. What would you like to see done here to make you guys more active ? All the input we can get is appreciated. :)

EDIT:

@ TUST, if and when we get the server up we can also hold tutoring classes on there easily. We do it on PC and it works well. We get everyone to meet at a certain time and go over topics.
i know brainstorm he is a cool guy, im glad to hear that you guys are going to work together.

sounds good man! now to get that server..lol

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 09-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Latisiblings Offline

First post here, and I gotta say it's good to see our members taking an action for increasing activity. I've wanted to battle the people that I've known for a time here; the new server will probably help me out with that, as well as tournaments.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Daigon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Daigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
ive sent out a couple of pms about hosting the server. will see what happens.

with the server you will attract battlers, battlers will increase activity which will attract more people.

But then the server is only really appealing to one crowd, All the wifi battlers are then forced to chg their affinity we need a solution for both sides of the fence... possibly along with the PO server setup a chat interface where are members can just login and communicate/issue challenges/trades
Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigon View Post

But then the server is only really appealing to one crowd, All the wifi battlers are then forced to chg their affinity we need a solution for both sides of the fence... possibly along with the PO server setup a chat interface where are members can just login and communicate/issue challenges/trades
Daigon, we're talkin about creating a po server not getting rid of the wifi battling. So you shouldnt look at this like a threat. Pe2k needs activity. The other forum that D_A mods on, got a ton of activity after setting up there server.
po comes with a chat interface already.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Caspian Offline

Send a message via MSN to Caspian

This is an A+ thread, Elf. I agree with everything stated herein, but I'd also like to propose that clans get a subforum of their own and a league to participate in, much like the Smogon Premier League or what they're doing at Mysidia. Wars are fun, but I think this would boost competition between clans, while the former would clean up the forum A LOT.

I can also host a server, but it would be hosted on my computer, so it couldn't be up all the time, if you guys are alright with that.

I Will Ri$e
Old 09-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
This is an A+ thread, Elf. I agree with everything stated herein, but I'd also like to propose that clans get a subforum of their own and a league to participate in, much like the Smogon Premier League or what they're doing at Mysidia. Wars are fun, but I think this would boost competition between clans, while the former would clean up the forum A LOT.

I can also host a server, but it would be hosted on my computer, so it couldn't be up all the time, if you guys are alright with that.
its awesome of you to volunteer, im in the same spot right now. i have two computers but im not sure i can keep one on all day long.
There is a sub forum being created but not for clans. I think it will clean up the battling center a lot.
as far as league clans, thats an interesting idea that ill think about.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Caspian Offline

Send a message via MSN to Caspian

Quote:
its awesome of you to volunteer, im in the same spot right now. i have two computers but im not sure i can keep one on all day long.
There is a sub forum being created but not for clans. I think it will clean up the battling center a lot.
as far as league clans, thats an interesting idea that ill think about.
Thanks, and yeah, perhaps one of us could just set up a backup until we find a dedicated host for the server, so it isn't down when either one of us aren't around.

Also, maybe we could have a PO Equivalent of the PE2K Wifi League?

I Will Ri$e

Last edited by Caspian; 09-23-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
Thanks, and yeah, perhaps one of us could just set up a backup until we find a dedicated host for the server, so it isn't down when either one of us aren't around.

Also, maybe we could have a PO Equivalent of the PE2K Wifi League?
ill find out if two different people could host that kind thing.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Went on the new server last night and i was very pleased to see it up. We should encourage the ladder to be used too imo.

Also, we should keep our priority to be activity here so all suggestions and ideas are still welcome. :)
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)
Old 09-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azelf View Post
Went on the new server last night and i was very pleased to see it up. We should encourage the ladder to be used too imo.

Also, we should keep our priority to be activity here so all suggestions and ideas are still welcome. :)
the battle ladder should be up this weekend

Old 10-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Raizo Offline

While I am new here, I'd just like to say a resurgence is just what this community needs. I'd be glad to help in any way possible.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizo View Post
While I am new here, I'd just like to say a resurgence is just what this community needs. I'd be glad to help in any way possible.
well the server is still a great idea, we just need a new host for it.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Raizo Offline

Quote:
well the server is still a great idea, we just need a new host for it.
Honestly, the structure of the battling board is really bad here on Pe2k. Obviously, we don't want to be Smogon, but we should still use their best attributes and edit them to fit our needs. For example, the wording of each forum and descriptions don't really fit as to what is actually taking place at each respective forum. Basically, in order for improvement to be made, the structure needs to be fixed first.

Additionally, tournaments and clans need to be formed. Again, it starts with the leadership taking the initiative. Moderators can't just expect members to take the reigns and start tournaments. Likewise, members can't just expect moderators to make every tournament that happens to come up. It's really a combined effort.

I have a lot of ideas, as I've been a moderator at multiple well known competitive battling forums; it's just a matter of completing each stage one by one, with the community as a whole coming together.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizo View Post
Honestly, the structure of the battling board is really bad here on Pe2k. Obviously, we don't want to be Smogon, but we should still use their best attributes and edit them to fit our needs. For example, the wording of each forum and descriptions don't really fit as to what is actually taking place at each respective forum. Basically, in order for improvement to be made, the structure needs to be fixed first.

Additionally, tournaments and clans need to be formed. Again, it starts with the leadership taking the initiative. Moderators can't just expect members to take the reigns and start tournaments. Likewise, members can't just expect moderators to make every tournament that happens to come up. It's really a combined effort.

I have a lot of ideas, as I've been a moderator at multiple well known competitive battling forums; it's just a matter of completing each stage one by one, with the community as a whole coming together.
well your coming to pe2k at a good time, were currently about to tranistion into a more active battling center. If you plan on staying around for awhile, id like to here your suggestions through pm.

Closed Thread