Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy
Default Saraibre Ryu vs. Mizuki Emi -- Saraibre Ryu wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
Single Battle, 1 VS 1
DQ: 3 days
Damage Caps: N/A
Restrictions: No OHKO moves or direct healing moves
Arena: A plain field in the middle of the day. Nothing extraordinary about it.
Ref Style: Open
Time for a battle. Come on out, Blissey!

<div style="opacity:0.9; filter:alpha(opacity=90); padding-bottom: 1px; display: inline;"></div>
Blissey (<div style="background-color: #ffd6ec; display: inline; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius: 6px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; opacity:0.8; filter:alpha(opacity=80);">Female</div>)
Ability: Natural Cure
Signature Move: None

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 01-04-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:54 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Saraibre Ryu vs. Mizuki Emi

Lets go my dear Shayda

Shayda the Ariados [F]
Ability: Insomnia
Signature Move: Backlash Redirect
Description:
Spoiler:
Ariados are capable of learning Psychic. Shayda has tapped into this odd power of hers to give her the edge in battle. Whenever an oncoming projectile attack is aimed at her, she concentrates hard on the attack and focuses her newly tapped psychic power into it. Using her sharp mind, she then redirects the attack away from herself preventing any harm done to her, and sometimes she is strong enough to force it back at the attacker. She can’t use this massive psychic ability often though, for risk of causing some serious damage to herself.
Type: Psychic
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: 8
Effects:
Shayda prevents all damage from projectile attacks such as Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, etc.
There is a 50% chance of the attack being redirected back at the attacker. In this case, the power of the attack is reduced by 50%. Effects of the attack if any, still remain. Eg: possibility of burn from Flamethrower. In a double or triple battle, if the attack is redirected at a target for damage, target is chosen randomly.
Usage Gap: 2 round recharge

Show off some ninja instinct.

Double Team ~ Agility
Old 10-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Blissey, use Thunder Wave to slow your opponent down, and then use Minimize.

Thunder Wave ~ Minimize.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

If I see one more grassy field in these battles I will kill someone.

That's what I thought as I looked at Saraibre Ryu and Mizuki Emi, both of whom were decent friends of mine, I thought, ready to engage in friendly skirmish by exploiting the talents of their large red-and-yellow-and-black-and-purple spider and their fluffy frilly egg-bearing pink puffball respectively. I was leaning back in my lawnchair, considering putting in a motion for grassy fields to be banned from the arena roster. There just was so little originality involved.

Anyway, I was sitting on my lawnchair, sipping a banana smoothie with my trusty Raichu by my side, wearing his sunglasses like the boss he was, ready to help me ref this bad boy. We watched the Araidos and the Blissey glare at each other warily, poised to strike at any time. This was a promising battle for such a boring field.

Mizuki Emi

[-] Blissey (F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Thunder Wave ~ Minimize

Sariabre Ryu

[Shayda] Araidos (F)
Energy: 100%
Status: A bit freaked out by the crazy amounts of cuteness happening here.
Double Team ~ Agility

Round One

Blissey acted first. She wasn't ready to go on the offensive, so she began to rub her fuzzy paws together, creating enough static to make a Mareep jealous. She directed this static into a jolt at Shayda, causing the Araidos to jerk in surprise. The jolt wasn't excruciating, but it stung, and what's more it filled her limbs with an odd tingly numbness. She wasn't looking forward to moving.
[Thunder Wave: Blissey, -4% Energy]

However, Shayda wasn't going to give up. She began to scuttle about erratically, moving so quickly that her outline seemed to shimmer and blur. When she stopped, Blissey gaped in horror - two creepy bugs were leering at her with soulless insect eyes. She shuddered at the thought of trying to fight both of them at once.
[Double Team: Shayda, -3% Energy]

Blissey knew that now would be the best possible time for a move such as the one she was about to perform. Curling her back and sucking in her impressive gut, she began to focus on becoming smaller. It definitely worked - she became a good couple of inches shorter, and slimmer too. She would be hard to hit, thought Shayda in annoyance.
[Minimize: Blissey, -2% Energy, +1 EVA]

Shayda was ready to give herself another boost, when - uh-oh. She was unable to move, her legs locked in place. She struggled to get going but couldn't; all she could do was hiss in frustration while Blissey looked on in amusement.
[Agility (PAR): Shayda, -2% Energy]

Mizuki Emi

[-] Blissey (F)
Energy: 94%

Sariabre Ryu

[Shayda] Araidos (F)
Energy: 95%

Ref Notes
Shayda's Par Rolls were 7 and 98; 1-50 and 1-75 making her immobile.
Blissey is faster than Araidos!?

Mizuki Ezmi, your moves please.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 10-24-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Great job, Blissey! Now, use Fire Blast. If opponent tries to protect herself from being hit, or if the opponent tries to dodge the attack, then use Defense Curl. After that, chill to regain energy.

Fire Blast/Defense Curl ~ Chill.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:02 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Shayda, take advantage of your lack of speed, wait until Blissey uses Fire Blast, then spring back on your hind legs into the air over Fire Blast before it hits you. Then shoot her with Toxic.

Wait for Fire Blast to be used to jump over ~ Toxic
Old 12-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Mizuki Emi

[-] Blissey (F)
Energy: 94%
Fire Blast/Defense Curl ~ Chill

Sariabre Ryu

[Shayda] Araidos (F)
Energy: 95%
Dodge ~ Toxic

Round Two

Blissey opened her mouth. Heat boiled up inside her round body, and flames tingled on her tongue. She took a deep breath in, then blew out a breath that would have made the Big Bad Mightyena give a thumbs up. Intense flames poured out of Blissey's mouth.

Shayda knew that she had next to no time. She moved to jump - but her muscles betrayed her. Her legs went slack, leaving her directly in the path of the plume of flame. A hiss of rage and pain escaped her as the blaze scorched her entire body. She glanced at a space to her left. When Blissey's aim had trued up, her clone had disappeared completely.
[Fire Blast: Blissey, -18%; Shayda, -21% HP]
[Dodge (Failed): Shayda, -2% Energy]

Blissey panted with exhaustion; pushing out those flames was hard work. She closed her eyes, breathing deeply and letting go of all the tension in her body. As she calmed herself, unmoving, she began to feel a measure of energy and strength returning to her. She opened her eyes, feeling calm and happy and ready to fight.
[Chill: Blissey, +6% Energy]

Shayda was not nearly as pleased. Rather, she was hungry for revenge. She began to call something other than fire to her aid: poison. Heinous toxins began to mix in her guts, creating a terrible, noxious sludge. Shayda squirted that sludge right at Blissey, drenching the squishy pink healer in purple goo. Blissey let out a wail as she felt the poison filling her blood.
[Toxic: Shayda, -6% Energy]

Mizuki Emi

[-] Blissey (F)
Health: 98%
Energy: 82%

Sariabre Ryu

[Shayda] Araidos (F)
Health: 79%
Energy: 87%

Ref Notes
Shayda's PAR Roll was 96; 1-90 for movement.
Fire Blast's Accuracy Roll was 58; 1-85 for hit.
Fire Blast's Target Roll was 3; 1-50 for hit on Shayda.
Fire Blast's Crit Roll was 16; 1-6.25 for Crit.
Fire Blast's Effect Roll was 26; 1-10 for BRN.
Toxic's Accuracy Roll was 9; 1-68 for hit.
I feel as if I'm forgetting something.

Saraibre Ryu, your moves please.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 12-18-2011, 04:07 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Shayda use Venoshock. If Blissey protects or dodges use Hone Claws. If you're Taunted continue with Venoshock. If she uses a status move use Mimic. Then, if you used Venoshock successfully the first round, use Facade. If not, use Venoshock again. If Blissey protects, use Hone Claws. If you're taunted and she protects the second action, use Electroweb on the ground around Blissey.

Venoshock/Hone Claws/Mimic~Facade/Venoshock/Hone Claws/Electroweb
Old 12-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Okay, now use Flamethrower. After that, use Aromatherapy to cure your status.

Flamethrower ~ Aromatherapy.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:11 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Three

Mizuki_Emi

Blissey (F)

HP: 98%
Energy: 82%
Condition: Coated in goo; +1 Evasion; Toxic
Moves: Flamethrower ~ Aromatherapy

Saraibre Ryu

[Shayda] Ariados (F)

HP: 79%
Energy: 87%
Condition: Feeling a bit warm
Moves: Venoshock/Hone Claws/Mimic ~ Facade/Venoshock/Hone Claws/Electroweb

Blissey felt the poison coursing through her body; she knew that it would cause her trouble if she left it unchecked for much longer. However, before she could deal with it, there was the small matter of revenge. Flames leapt in her mouth and poured out across the field, catching Shayda by surprise. The spider was caught in the torrent of flame. She was hurt badly by the heat and fell to the ground. However, she was quickly back up and ready to give her opponent a real fight.

A different collection of poisons began to mix in her gut to create another venom, this one was different to the last in that it wouldn’t stay in the target’s body for very long after contact, but it would react to the poison already there, causing an intense amount of pain – or that was the plan. A spray of purple toxins spread out over the grass, making a few of the blades wilt. However, Blissey was hardly hurt by the attack; her species naturally high defences absorbed most of the attack.

And now she knew that she needed to get rid of the poison afflicting her urgently. She closed her eyes and began to expel a pale green powder from her mouth, which swirled around her gently. She breathed in this powder, feeling its healing power work at once. Before long, she was completely healed of the poison and was ready to go back on the offensive.

Shayda needed to deal some damage to her opponent if she wanted a chance now. Energy started to become concentrated, causing a white glow. She ran at Blissey as quickly as she could, trying to bite down on the fleshy, pink body. Unfortunately, the nurse was quicker than she appeared and smoothly sidestepped the attack. Shayda stumbled past, cursing angrily. The Ariados glared at the pink creature angrily – she needed to do something soon.

Mizuki Emi

Blissey (F)

HP: 96%
Energy: 62%
Condition: Cleaning off the goo; +1 Evasion

Saraibre Ryu

[Shayda] Ariados (F)

HP: 62%
Energy: 83%
Condition: Running out of ideas

Notes
Flamethrower- (Rolled 5/10, 1 to burn; Blissey -13% Energy; Ariados -17% HP)
Venoshock- (Rolled 13/100, 75 or less to hit; Ariados -5% Energy; Blissey -2% HP)
Aromatherapy- (Blissey -7% Energy, no longer toxic-poisoned)
Facade- (Rolled 90/100, 75 or less to hit; Ariados -9% Energy)

Arena Notes
None
Old 12-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Now, use Fire Blast. If the opponent tries to use Protect, then just chill. If the opponent tries to dodge the attack, keep chasing her until you land the move successfully. After that, chill to regain energy.

Fire Blast/Chill ~ Chill.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Shayda use Backlash Redirect, then follow up with Disable to Disable Fire Blast.

Bcklash Redirect ~ Disable
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Three

Mizuki Emi

Blissey (F)

Energy: 62%
Condition: Cleaning off the goo; +1 Evasion
Moves: Fire Blast/Chill ~ Chill

Saraibre Ryu

[Shayda] Ariados (F)

Energy: 83%
Condition: Running out of ideas
Moves: Backlash Redirect ~ Disable

Blissey smiled an evil smile; her opponent still seemed to think that she had a chance. The nurse knew that she would have to put the poor thing out of her misery soon, and decided that she might as well take her down a little now. Blazing fire rose up from deep within her and spilled out, forming a five pronged star in the air in front of her. The star shot forwards towards Shayda, who watched it approach calmly. She let them come closer, and then began to reach out with her mind, grasping hold of the flickering star. A smile spread across her face - she had this exactly how she wanted it.

The flames began to slow down as they got nearer to the ninja spider. The power of the Ariados' mind was working hard to prevent them from getting any nearer, and it seemed that it was working. With one final push, she sent the flames flying off to one side, where they crashed into the grass, turning it to black.

Blissey seemed a little annoyed that her attack had done so little, but it didn't seem like she was going to try and deal with her anger yet. Instead, she sat down on some grass that hadn't been destroyed and took a short rest. She felt energy return to her slowly; she needed to make sure she kept fighting if she was going to win this.

Meanwhile, Shayda was preparing to stop her opponent trying to hit her with another Fire Blast. She reached out with her mind again, grasping on what was at the top of her opponent's mind and locking it away from her. She had hoped that she would be able to stop her using a fire-type move with this, but she had been too slow and had only managed to block Blissey from resting for a little while. That didn't matter though, she had managed to block it before and she could do the same again if she needed to.

Mizuki Emi

Blissey (F)

Energy: 50%
Condition: A little scared; +1 Evasion; Unable to use Chill (6 actions)

Saraibre Ryu

[Shayda] Ariados (F)

Energy: 68%
Condition: Feeling absolutely rotten

Notes
Fire Blast- (Rolled 30/100, 80 or less to hit; rolled 6/10, 1 to burn; Critical Hit; Blissey -18% Energy)
Backlash Redirect- (Rolled 61/100., 50 or less to hit Blissey; Ariados -8% Energy; not in time to block the attack)
Chill- (Blissey +6% Energy)
Disable- (Rolled 3/4, 6 actions; Ariados -7% Energy; Blissey unable to Chill)

Arena Notes
There are some burnt patches in the grass

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 02-04-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Question...how did Shayda's Sig Move not work? It's meant to work after the opponent has made the attack, otherwise there is nothing to redirect. Think Mirror Coat, only the user doesn't take damage and there is a 50% chance of causing half of the damage that would of been inflicted. I don't see how that would have not worked if she wasn't rolled to be caught in paralysis. Since it's meant to work after, the speed note does not make sense to me...explanation please?

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 01-19-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but surely an attack can't be redirected once it's hit. Mirror Coat requires the pokemon to be hit by the attack, but Shayda's move description implies that it deflects the attack before it hits, like Protect, which does require the pokemon to move first.