Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:22 PM
SundaeIssues Offline

Default Velocity X SundaeIssues -- Velocity wins by DQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
(1) Single Battle, 1 Pokémon each.
(2) DQ: Five Days
(3) Damage Caps: N/A
(4) Restrictions: No OHKOs. This includes Perish Song and Destiny Bond.
(5) Arena: The Glacial Suite
Imagine a big huge igloo, with stands and a telescreen. We battlers will fight in the middle, an all-out war for first place with thousands looking on. There's a small pool in one corner, and there's snowdrifts all over the place. It's pretty in an icy, freezing way. There's a 10% chance, per action, that a Pokemon will fall in the pool. It will become Frozen if it's not Ice or Water type. Ice type moves get a 10% damage boost, and Water type moves get a 5% damage boost.
(6) Ref Style: Open
I'm leading with Cubby

[Cubby] Cubchoo {M}
Ability: Snow Cloak

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-06-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Velocity X SundaeIssues

[Serenity] Lapras (F)
Ability: Shell Armor
Signature Move: None

All right, Serenity. I'll release you into the pool so you can maneuver. Use Confuse Ray, unless he Protects, in which case set up a Future Sight. Then, use Hydro Pump. If he protects, set up a Future Sight. If Confuse Ray was unsuccessful the first turn, use it again.

Confuse Ray/Future Sight ~ Hydro Pump/Future Sight/Confuse Ray

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 10-24-2011, 09:47 PM
SundaeIssues Offline

Simple stratego;

Rest ~ Sleep Talk
Old 11-08-2011, 09:04 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

I shivered despite the thick coat I was wearing; this place was far too cold for me. I almost wished for a generic grassy field, I mean, I’m all for creativity but the temperature here was horrible. The crowd roared behind me, seemingly oblivious to the freezing temperatures. I tried to keep my teeth from chattering while I read the rules to the two trainers who stood on the ice below. It was going to be a fairly simple battle – one pokémon each with no OHKOs allowed. However, it did seem that it would be interesting. SundaeIssues, a fairly new trainer to the league, would be facing off against theASB’s self-titled “Troll Queen”, Velocity. They each took their positions and sent out their chosen pokémon.

For Velocity, this was her Lapras. Serenity slid gracefully into the pool, where she would be able to move more comfortably. Meanwhile, SundaeIssues selected his Cubchoo, who sat on the snow by the side of the pool while he waited for the battle to begin. Not wanting to be here any longer than I needed to be, I blew on my whistle so that the battle could begin.

Round One

SundaeIssues

[Cubby] Cubchoo (M)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Feeling good at the moment
Moves: Rest ~ Sleep Talk

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Comfortable in the water
Moves: Confuse Ray/Future Sight ~ Hydro Pump/Future Sight/Confuse Ray

Serenity took the cue immediately, taking the chance to surprise Cubby. Her calm, grey eyes turned red and a beam of crackling energy shot out towards the Cubchoo. The rays entered the snow-bear’s eyes and scrambled his mind, making him unsure of what was going on. With his senses momentarily suspended, he slipped off the ice and into the pool, where he floated, unable to right himself.

Fortunately, it didn’t take much sense to get his next action to work. Closing his eyes firmly, he blocked out all the distractions of the outside world. The noise of the crowd ebbed and faded, until everything was still and he could fall asleep; his consciousness slipped away and he began his regenerative sleep. Lapras frowned, wondering why he would try and regain health now rather than later. Not that it mattered to her – her strategy would work either way.

A torrent of water erupted from Serenity’s mouth, blasting Cubby across the pool. The attack was slightly enhanced by her watery surroundings but the majority of the damage did come from the sheer force of the original attack. Cubchoo muttered in his sleep but just rolled over – the attack hadn’t woken him. Serenity watched him sleep, thinking that she’d gotten away with everything this round.

However, the baby bear didn’t need to be awake to make his move. Something stirred in his subconscious and he rolled back over to face his opponent. Next, he took a deep breath, holding the air inside his body so that it became as cold as he could make it. Once it was enough, he blew the cold air over Serenity, making her shiver slightly. But in the end, the attack didn’t hurt her very much at all – especially compared to what had been done to Cubby. Even with the bear’s regenerative sleep going on, there was still a fair amount of damage affecting him. This battle seemed like it was going to take a while so I dragged a thermos flask from beneath my chair; the battlers just seemed to be getting warmed up so far.

SundaeIssues

[Cubby] Cubchoo (M)

HP: 93%
Energy: 74%
Condition: Snoozing quietly; Asleep (1 more round)

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 95%
Energy: 87%
Condition: Satisfied with the round

Notes
Confuse Ray- (Lapras -5% Energy; Cubchoo confused)
Rest- (Rolled 29/100, 50 or less to succeed; Cubchoo -8% Energy, asleep, not confused)
Hydro Pump- (Rolled 38/100, 80 or less to hit; Lapras -8% Energy; Cubchoo -27% HP)
Sleep Talk- (Rolled 59/560, Blizzard; rolled 41/100, 70 or less to hit; rolled 8/10, 1 to freeze; Cubchoo -18% Energy; Lapras -5% HP)
Rest- (Cubchoo +20% HP)

Arena Notes
Lapras is in the pool. Cubchoo is in the pool.
Rolled 9/100, Cubchoo falls into the pool
Old 11-21-2011, 09:07 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Sundae Issues, you have 24 hours to post your moves before you are disqualified.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:07 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Sundae Issues has been disqualified.

Velocity gains $10
I gain $5