Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Voice Acting

Would it be truth or a joke if I said I could play the mother? xD
Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elecii View Post

Awesome. :] It would be epic if you could do an English accent, and to be honest it would make more sense having two sisters with the same accent. xD You don't have to do the mother if you don't want to, it was just if I couldn't find another person to play the mother. And if you know someone who could play Martin that would be great!

I also fixed my sound recording, it turned out the microphone recording volume was put down to like 10%. :l That's one of the many reasons I hate using my school laptop. Yeah, now I'm going on about random stuff, so I'll stop. xD
Yay! Okay, well I'll try to do some lines today. :3 Ahaha, I'll attempt it, but I can't guarantee that it'll sound good, haha. Okay. Well I'll see if I can get my voice sounding different, and if not, I'll ask around to see who would want to. :D And yeah! I told him about it, so hopefully he'll post here or something soon. xD

Ohh, hahah, that would explain it! Well that's good you realised what was wrong with it. ^^ That's okay. I ramble a lot too. xD Also, if you need anyone to put the clips together for you, LIKEME*COUGH* then I'm sure that can be done too. :D

~GS.

EDIT: OH MY GOSH, MIKE, YES. YOU HAVE TO. The person I had in mind for Martin wasn't you (since I thought we could try out new actors), but if you played the mother, that would be amazing. XD

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 12-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

Yay! Okay, well I'll try to do some lines today. :3 Ahaha, I'll attempt it, but I can't guarantee that it'll sound good, haha. Okay. Well I'll see if I can get my voice sounding different, and if not, I'll ask around to see who would want to. :D And yeah! I told him about it, so hopefully he'll post here or something soon. xD

Ohh, hahah, that would explain it! Well that's good you realised what was wrong with it. ^^ That's okay. I ramble a lot too. xD Also, if you need anyone to put the clips together for you, LIKEME*COUGH* then I'm sure that can be done too. :D

~GS.

EDIT: OH MY GOSH, MIKE, YES. YOU HAVE TO. The person I had in mind for Martin wasn't you (since I thought we could try out new actors), but if you played the mother, that would be amazing. XD
I didn't even want to play Martin, mainly because my voice is too high-pitched for the described role, plus I have been waiting to do a female role. xD

I would enjoy goofing around with it. If you like it, go ahead and use it, but no guarantees it would be usable (unless you want to make an alternative version in which I am playing the mother xD).
Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

I am here to do Martin. (Not like that you sickos, get your minds out of the gutter ) But yeah, I'll just need a while to adjust my mic and get the right position for maximum voice, minimal white noise.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
I am here to do Martin. (Not like that you sickos, get your minds out of the gutter ) But yeah, I'll just need a while to adjust my mic and get the right position for maximum voice, minimal white noise.
Is it bad that I wouldn't have even thought of that innuendo unless you pointed it out? xD
Old 12-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Is it bad that I wouldn't have even thought of that innuendo unless you pointed it out? xD
Nope, it's actually quite refreshing. I'm used to the company of about 13 college students between the ages of 19 and 27 with minds as dirty as mine.

Good gracious, why is it so hard to set up my mic properly?

EDIT: Screw this, I'm just gonna pull the mic out of it's stand and look like Bob Barker with an obnoxiously long microphone...

So I just read Martin's lines and then post them here? Shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited by Ant2011; 12-15-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Nope, it's actually quite refreshing. I'm used to the company of about 13 college students between the ages of 19 and 27 with minds as dirty as mine.

Good gracious, why is it so hard to set up my mic properly?
xD Not even graduated high school yet...

What type of mic are you using?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Quote:
What type of mic are you using?
This bad boy right here.

A Labtec AM-242... When I pull it out of the stand it looks like Bob Barker's microphone. lol
Old 12-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
XD This.

And Ant, that's a cool looking mic! xD I just use the crappy in-built one on my laptop.
Spoiler:

See those tiny dots up the top? Yeah. That's my mic. ...Well, you can't see the dots, but there's a dot either side of that square above the screen. xD The square is a camera.

But yeah, pretty much. Make sure you upload it to a site like Tindeck. :D Also, if you have bloopers, you should totally keep them. :D I always do. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Quote:

Spoiler:

See those tiny dots up the top? Yeah. That's my mic. ...Well, you can't see the dots, but there's a dot either side of that square above the screen. xD The square is a camera.

But yeah, pretty much. Make sure you upload it to a site like Tindeck. :D Also, if you have bloopers, you should totally keep them. :D I always do. xD

~GS.
I uh, couldn't see the dots in the picture, but that's okay, because my laptop has the exact same mic setup... lol

Uploading my recording now. I'll post a reply here with the file if somebody else posts, but if nobody else does, then I guess I'll be editing this post

*checks Tindeck to see status of upload, finished*

Normally it's not this fast... Guess I'll be posting it now... lol
Old 12-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
I uh, couldn't see the dots in the picture, but that's okay, because my laptop has the exact same mic setup... lol

Uploading my recording now. I'll post a reply here with the file if somebody else posts, but if nobody else does, then I guess I'll be editing this post

If I may provide you with a bit of advice, I think the accent is supposed to be more cockney. Also, make sure you don't fully pronounce those Rs like you Americans do. xD English and Australians say it more like an 'aah' sound. The long, deep sound in 'spa'. ^^ Also, try to make it more natural, like you're actually having that conversation. If you can. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:13 PM

Australian's pronunciation of R's is actually quite different from a standard English accent.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Elecii Offline

Quote:

~GS.

I'm going to try put it together, since I have some sound editing software I've used before to make a mix of loads of songs for a talent show for my brother, but I'm not sure how well my focus will hold up, so if I can't do it, then I'd love if you could. :]

Quote:
I didn't even want to play Martin, mainly because my voice is too high-pitched for the described role, plus I have been waiting to do a female role. xD

I would enjoy goofing around with it. If you like it, go ahead and use it, but no guarantees it would be usable (unless you want to make an alternative version in which I am playing the mother xD).
You totally should. xD We could do it for alternative, or the proper one, whichever it seems to fit. xD I'll put you down as playing the mother, then. x3

Quote:
Awesome. ^^

Quote:

Cool! That sounds perfect.

Quote:

If I may provide you with a bit of advice, I think the accent is supposed to be more cockney. Also, make sure you don't fully pronounce those Rs like you Americans do. xD English and Australians say it more like an 'aah' sound. The long, deep sound in 'spa'. ^^ Also, try to make it more natural, like you're actually having that conversation. If you can. xD

~GS.
Honestly, I don't know what the accent was intended to be. I don;t think I actually had any idea for the accent, I just got bored and fiddled around with how Martin spoke in the original chapter. xD

On another note, I'm going to record my lines tomorrow, when it's quiet around my house, then I'll edit it when I have all the lines.

Elecii

i can't love you more than this
Old 12-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Mike, I love how you told me that. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elecii View Post

I'm going to try put it together, since I have some sound editing software I've used before to make a mix of loads of songs for a talent show for my brother, but I'm not sure how well my focus will hold up, so if I can't do it, then I'd love if you could. :]

Honestly, I don't know what the accent was intended to be. I don;t think I actually had any idea for the accent, I just got bored and fiddled around with how Martin spoke in the original chapter. xD

On another note, I'm going to record my lines tomorrow, when it's quiet around my house, then I'll edit it when I have all the lines.

Elecii
Okay, that sounds great. :D Sure thing. If you need me to. xD I did my lines yesterday, but I'm still editing to get the best ones. I'll give you a couple of the same lines to decide which ones you want to use, if you want. ^^ You can basically mix and match with any lines as long as there's a breath taken between or something. HANDY! 8D

Ahh, okay. XD Fair enough. As I read and imagined it, it was kind of cockney. :P But whatever. Good that you can use those lines! :D

Good idea. I'll try to get my lines uploaded soon!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 12-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Elecii Offline

Quote:
Mike, I love how you told me that. XD

Okay, that sounds great. :D Sure thing. If you need me to. xD I did my lines yesterday, but I'm still editing to get the best ones. I'll give you a couple of the same lines to decide which ones you want to use, if you want. ^^ You can basically mix and match with any lines as long as there's a breath taken between or something. HANDY! 8D

Ahh, okay. XD Fair enough. As I read and imagined it, it was kind of cockney. :P But whatever. Good that you can use those lines! :D

Good idea. I'll try to get my lines uploaded soon!

~GS.
I'm no good at deciding! D: Only kidding, I am indecisive, but I think I'll manage it. xD

Yeah, I don't usually think about accents when I'm writing, for some reason. xD

Awesome!

I'm recording mine now, and I'm sure there will be fails at some point. xD The only problem is I have to save them all to a memory stick because this stupid laptop has two settings: Windows 7 + Windows XP, and I can only download stuff onto XP, but only record on 7. It's really annoying. ;/

Elecii

i can't love you more than this