Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Heracross or Scizor?

Im jumping on the Heracross bandwagon for the Attack and Speed. The only drawback is the 4x Flying weakness but that can easily be remedied with Stone Edge
Old 08-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Scizor with a Occa Berry.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Zappo09 Offline

Ill say both of them are better!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
pkmnrulz Offline

scizor is wayyy better competitively but i like heracross more, and for the record heracross doesn't have higher attack then scizor.

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

I would choose Heracross because Scizor has a double weakness against Fire type attacks.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya; 09-12-2011 at 02:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Captain Jack Harkness Offline

Scizor.

Get the ability Technician, Bullet Punch and U-turn and watch him steamroll.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

I personally prefer Heracross.

It depends very much on what kind of Pokemon you like more.

Heracross is offensive and Scizor is defensive. Scizor's Attack is high, but not enough to classifies it as a sweeper and the only fact that turns it into a defensive Pokemon is the metal steel type, and not the defensive base stats.

They're both 4x weak to a certain type of move. Heracross for flying and Scizor for fire. Once that fire is more common to find out and Defense is something that you can raise up with Bulk Up, I think that Heracross' weakness is easier to get along the battles than Scizor's.

Heracross also got a rare move named Megahorn which is 120 power and 85 accurate. Scizor doesn't have any powerful move like that. If you want to turn Scizor into a sweeper you'll need to use some TMs on it.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

I prefer Heracross basically because two reasons:

Heacross' type isn't that fragile as Scizor's. They're both 4x times weak to a specific type. Heracross is weak to flying and Scizor to fire. I think that fire is worse once that Heracross could use Bulk Up and gets more resistant of flying moves due the raise on Defense.

Heracross' capacity of learning moves is greater if compared to Scizor. It can learns the amazing Megahorn move, as well as Bulk Up and Earthquake. Counter is also learned naturally by level.
Closed Thread