Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Swampert Guy Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 274
Default do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

even if it's got a low Special Attack?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 PM
hectic's Avatar
hectic Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 770
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

I do so you get more variety with moves. Sometimes I'll teach a pokemon four different type moves just because it can learn them.
__________________
Black 0432 8598 6166
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-29-2011, 09:11 PM
5TailedDemonLizard's Avatar
5TailedDemonLizard Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Post-Apocalyptic Berlin
Posts: 3,526
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

It all depends on the Pokemon for me. Gyrados and it's combo of dragon and ice type moves make it a good opponent for dragon types.
__________________

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Ice isn't just limited to Special Attack, you know.

For example, Ice Fang with Gyrados wrecks everything.



But, yes, I do. It helps deal with pesky Grass Types and Dragons. I've learned to keep an Ice Type move on hand because of Lance's Dragonites.

It was a savior in Red/Blue/Yellow, and since Dragon Types are very common now...The lesson was one I was glad to learn.


"Oh, hello Dragonite. ICE BEAM."
"Oh, hello Rayquaza. ICE BEAM."
"Oh, hello Giratina. ICE BEAM."
"Oh, hello Zekrom. ICE BEAM."


'Nuff said. Oh, what about Reshiram/Palkia/Dialga/Kyurem? ICE BEAM. Seriously. It hits for neutral on all except Kyurem, if I recall right. So it's a good type to have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Ice isn't just limited to Special Attack, you know.

For example, Ice Fang with Gyrados wrecks everything.



But, yes, I do. It helps deal with pesky Grass Types and Dragons. I've learned to keep an Ice Type move on hand because of Lance's Dragonites.

It was a savior in Red/Blue/Yellow, and since Dragon Types are very common now...The lesson was one I was glad to learn.


"Oh, hello Dragonite. ICE BEAM."
"Oh, hello Rayquaza. ICE BEAM."
"Oh, hello Giratina. ICE BEAM."
"Oh, hello Zekrom. ICE BEAM."


'Nuff said. Oh, what about Reshiram/Palkia/Dialga/Kyurem? ICE BEAM. Seriously. It hits for neutral on all except Kyurem, if I recall right. So it's a good type to have.
It even hits Kyurem for neutral. Ice will always hit a Dragon for neutral or better.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
It even hits Kyurem for neutral. Ice will always hit a Dragon for neutral or better.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if Ice was not effective on Ice or not XD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Swampert Guy Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 274
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
It all depends on the Pokemon for me. Gyrados and it's combo of dragon and ice type moves make it a good opponent for dragon types.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Ice isn't just limited to Special Attack, you know.

For example, Ice Fang with Gyrados wrecks everything.



But, yes, I do. It helps deal with pesky Grass Types and Dragons. I've learned to keep an Ice Type move on hand because of Lance's Dragonites.

It was a savior in Red/Blue/Yellow, and since Dragon Types are very common now...The lesson was one I was glad to learn.


"Oh, hello Dragonite. ICE BEAM."
"Oh, hello Rayquaza. ICE BEAM."
"Oh, hello Giratina. ICE BEAM."
"Oh, hello Zekrom. ICE BEAM."


'Nuff said. Oh, what about Reshiram/Palkia/Dialga/Kyurem? ICE BEAM. Seriously. It hits for neutral on all except Kyurem, if I recall right. So it's a good type to have.

You trainers (5TailedDemonLizard and Grassy_Aggron) miss-spelled the name Gyarados. The correct is "Gyarados", and not "Gyrados". You missed the letter "A" right after the "Y"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-30-2011, 03:09 PM
mightydes's Avatar
mightydes Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 406
Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Yeah, I wasn't sure if Ice was not effective on Ice or not XD
Ice is the only type that Ice resists, unfortunately.

But to answer the question, yes, I always teach an Ice type move to my Water type. Whether it's Ice Beam or Blizzard, I don't really care. It gets the job done of owning Dragon types my Grass and Bug types fear. D:
__________________
Join the Pokemon WiFi Federation today!

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Swampert Guy Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 274
Wink Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Ice move in a moveset of a water Pokemon is the best trick to get counter of grass foes. Sometimes putting a grass type against a water type pokemon is as dangerous as putting a grass type against an ice type pokemon.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampert Guy View Post
You trainers (5TailedDemonLizard and Grassy_Aggron) miss-spelled the name Gyarados. The correct is "Gyarados", and not "Gyrados". You missed the letter "A" right after the "Y"
Pffft. I'm not a trainer, I'm a breeder and planter XD And gambler, occasionally. I hate that Pokemon's name though for the sole fact I can never spell it. Girafarig? No problem. Garbodor? Ha ha. Tyranitar? Easy. Gyarados? Hell no.

I will call it Gyrados, and you shall like it! >:( ...Stupid fish dragon, thrashing my team...



And it's always dangerous. It's almost certain that the Pokemon will have a countering move to a type they are weak against XP
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Variety is a good thing. I taught my Chimchar Grass Knot.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Swampert Guy Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 274
Exclamation Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Pffft. I'm not a trainer, I'm a breeder and planter XD And gambler, occasionally. I hate that Pokemon's name though for the sole fact I can never spell it. Girafarig? No problem. Garbodor? Ha ha. Tyranitar? Easy. Gyarados? Hell no.

I will call it Gyrados, and you shall like it! >:( ...Stupid fish dragon, thrashing my team...



And it's always dangerous. It's almost certain that the Pokemon will have a countering move to a type they are weak against XP
That was just a quote, Grassy_Aggron.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampert Guy View Post
That was just a quote, Grassy_Aggron.

And I'm just kidding. Geez mister >.> But I will still call that stupid fish dragon by a mispronounced name. HA HA. I'm evil that way


And please, call me Grassy. Using my full name makes it seem so formal...And I've never been fond of formality. Although I do like dresses...Hrm...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Swampert Guy Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 274
Default Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
And I'm just kidding. Geez mister >.> But I will still call that stupid fish dragon by a mispronounced name. HA HA. I'm evil that way


And please, call me Grassy. Using my full name makes it seem so formal...And I've never been fond of formality. Although I do like dresses...Hrm...
Okay. Hehe
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:13 AM
ShinyBlue's Avatar
ShinyBlue Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7
Cool Re: do you usually teach an ice move for your water type Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectic View Post
I do so you get more variety with moves. Sometimes I'll teach a pokemon four different type moves just because it can learn them.
Agreed, I usually have one of each type it can learn, Variety is great.
__________________
PM for FC exchange.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com