Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default {Comic} Blue Bondage - [G]

.; Blue Bondage ;.

*insert cool banner here*

Hey hey! So, a while ago I made the decision to do a Blue Nuzlocke Challenge. This comic is my Nuzlocke journey documented in sprite comic form. Now, as you can understand, this is limiting, and I'll be scratching a lot, both in terms of overworld sprites and mugshots. Especially mugshots. I love facial expressions, and they're essential when doing a Nuzlocke, as you would know if you've ever read any before. They're wonderful. Go google them. :D

Notes:
[-] I write the word "pokemon" with a lowercase "p" and all the pokemon species names with a lowercase letter (unless it's their actual name, or if it's at the start of a sentence, but I'd assume that would be obvious).
[-] I will be adding things to the story that are obviously not present in the Blue pokemon game, just for a heads up.
[-] For the battling system, I understand that some pokemon do not have Ranger sprites, as they are not part of the games. In instances like this, I will be replacing the battle sprites with Mystery Dungeon sprites. After all, they give more poses and whatnot anyway!
[-] There may be a mild level of course language. You have been warned.

I will post my Nuzlocke Rules here:

NUZLOCKE RULES -
a. All pokemon must be named (I do this in every one of my other games anyway xD).
b. If a pokemon faints, they are considered dead, and will be released.
c. Only one pokemon in a route/place can be captured, and it MUST be the first pokemon you run into. If it is defeated, then tough luck. If it's a pokemon you already have, then tough luck. Shinies are the ONLY exception (but are not to be used).
d. No legendary pokemon may be used.

Pages are to be read from left to right.

Hope you like it. ^^

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 04-21-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: {Comic} Blue Bondage - [G]

So, here's the first one. :D

I have four more that are already made, but I'll upload them gradually, as opposed to all at once. :D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 01-03-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Lol. I don't think I've ever seen Oak portrayed to be a serious person and I kind of like that. So far this is coming along well!

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

"...in Grace's edited and weird-looking Pallet Town." XDDDDDD

Haha, I really like the comic so far! I like how you did the layout and the dialogue makes it entertaining even though not much has happened yet. I loved that random part with the caterpie (and I wonder if there's a story behind the drunk ursaring...) I also like the idea of having to catch pokemon with your hands. I certainly wouldn't try to catch charmander. XD

I also like that edited annoyed expression. XD

Though I'm wondering, why does the first page say "Page #6" at the top? o:

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 01-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

I like it! You had me in stiches during the "I don't have any pokeb-" "READY SET GO!" Glorious! *subscribes* I'll be watching you....
Old 01-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Lol. I don't think I've ever seen Oak portrayed to be a serious person and I kind of like that. So far this is coming along well!
Yeah. xD He strikes me as a rather silly character, or at least not serious, but I think a serious Oak could be pulled off if someone tried. xD Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
"...in Grace's edited and weird-looking Pallet Town." XDDDDDD

Haha, I really like the comic so far! I like how you did the layout and the dialogue makes it entertaining even though not much has happened yet. I loved that random part with the caterpie (and I wonder if there's a story behind the drunk ursaring...) I also like the idea of having to catch pokemon with your hands. I certainly wouldn't try to catch charmander. XD

I also like that edited annoyed expression. XD

Though I'm wondering, why does the first page say "Page #6" at the top? o:
xDDD

Thanks! :D ONE PAGE IN. xD Well thanks! 8D I like going with the sarcastic main character. xD Ahahaha, I'm glad! (WE SHOULD TOTALLY WRITE ONE!) XDDD Ahahaha, that's Oak's crazy new tactic for young trainers! 8D Ahaha, no, that would be pretty dangerous. xD

And thanks! There are a lot of edited expressions. xD (Well, the mugshots for the dialogue.)

*GAPS* NNNNOOOO!!! Hahhaa, I completely missed that. xD See, that strip up the top (which will obviously go on all the comic tops) was added right before I uploaded it to Pe2k, and I started by putting it on the top of the 6th page, and then I copy and pasted it for the rest of the pages and changed all the OTHER one's numbers, and forgot about this one. xD *fixes and uploads* Thanks for pointing that out. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
I like it! You had me in stiches during the "I don't have any pokeb-" "READY SET GO!" Glorious! *subscribes* I'll be watching you....
XDDDDD Thanks! :D Hahaha, as stalkerish as that sounded, that's good news to me! >8D

Next one!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
xDDD

Thanks! :D ONE PAGE IN. xD Well thanks! 8D I like going with the sarcastic main character. xD Ahahaha, I'm glad! (WE SHOULD TOTALLY WRITE ONE!) XDDD Ahahaha, that's Oak's crazy new tactic for young trainers! 8D Ahaha, no, that would be pretty dangerous. xD

And thanks! There are a lot of edited expressions. xD (Well, the mugshots for the dialogue.)

*GAPS* NNNNOOOO!!! Hahhaa, I completely missed that. xD See, that strip up the top (which will obviously go on all the comic tops) was added right before I uploaded it to Pe2k, and I started by putting it on the top of the 6th page, and then I copy and pasted it for the rest of the pages and changed all the OTHER one's numbers, and forgot about this one. xD *fixes and uploads* Thanks for pointing that out. xD
Yeah, this is fun. XD (We should! Like a silly story or something!) It would. o:

Oh, really? Well I'm glad you fixed it! Though I can't see the first page anymore...

As for the second one, I like how the squirtle was just like, "I wanted to swim, but...okay, I'll come with you." XD And how he wanted to be a puppeteer. XDDDD Now I wonder how he got sold to Professor Oak in the first place. And a pokemon appeared! *GAPS*

-My Links-
Old 01-03-2012, 03:14 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Yeah, this is fun. XD (We should! Like a silly story or something!) It would. o:

Oh, really? Well I'm glad you fixed it! Though I can't see the first page anymore...

As for the second one, I like how the squirtle was just like, "I wanted to swim, but...okay, I'll come with you." XD And how he wanted to be a puppeteer. XDDDD Now I wonder how he got sold to Professor Oak in the first place. And a pokemon appeared! *GAPS*
(XDD Yes, hahaha, we should totally do one tonight (but with CZ characters too?).

Pe2k stopped loading just as I uploaded my edited first one to Imageshack, so I couldn't edit the link. Dx But it's all good now. :D

XDD Ahahha, yep, he pretty much just has to accept it. XDD I don't know why, but I thought of that on the spot and decided to go with it. :D Well I always imagined that starter pokemon would be bred by certain breeders and then sold to the pokemon lab, and that was normal, not criminal or anything. xD *GAPS* YES!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

(XDD Yes, hahaha, we should totally do one tonight (but with CZ characters too?).

Pe2k stopped loading just as I uploaded my edited first one to Imageshack, so I couldn't edit the link. Dx But it's all good now. :D

XDD Ahahha, yep, he pretty much just has to accept it. XDD I don't know why, but I thought of that on the spot and decided to go with it. :D Well I always imagined that starter pokemon would be bred by certain breeders and then sold to the pokemon lab, and that was normal, not criminal or anything. xD *GAPS* YES!

~GS.
(Haha, yeah, drunk ursarings in ChalkZone. xDDDD)

Oh, okay! Stupid lag. >.<

I know, but I love how he just...doesn't care. He's like, "Oh, okay." XD And oh, right! I was thinking he was a wild pokemon or something. And yeah, that's how Justin got Spark! (But not as a starter.)

-My Links-
Old 01-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
(Haha, yeah, drunk ursarings in ChalkZone. xDDDD)

Oh, okay! Stupid lag. >.<

I know, but I love how he just...doesn't care. He's like, "Oh, okay." XD And oh, right! I was thinking he was a wild pokemon or something. And yeah, that's how Justin got Spark! (But not as a starter.)
Oh my gosh, yes. xD Someone drew them and erased them (it was SO not us! xD).

Ahahha, yeah. XD Ahh yeah. Yeah, and how *insertnonexistentnamehere* got Dusty! 8D

*shrug* May as well put another one up. :D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Oh my gosh, yes. xD Someone drew them and erased them (it was SO not us! xD).

Ahahha, yeah. XD Ahh yeah. Yeah, and how *insertnonexistentnamehere* got Dusty! 8D

*shrug* May as well put another one up. :D
Haha, yeah! (Noooo, of course not!)

Really? That's cool!

And I really liked the new one! "I'll sit idly by and shout commands" XDDDDD And I love how the rattata was complaining about manners. I think I'm going to like that rattata. XD

-My Links-
Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

:D This is going to be awesome! I read(?) your other nuzlocke challenge, one for gold, I think, and it was hilarious X3 DOSE FACES LOL I hope this one has that same comedic charm your other one did, nothing has made me laugh that hard in a while. Awesome. I'll be subscribing...whenever this lag hurricane lets up.

EDIT: It was Platinum. I was kinda close XD

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 01-03-2012, 05:41 PM
ShavedPuppy Offline

Cool comics There funny.

Pretty bland sentence by me there
Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Haha, yeah! (Noooo, of course not!)

Really? That's cool!

And I really liked the new one! "I'll sit idly by and shout commands" XDDDDD And I love how the rattata was complaining about manners. I think I'm going to like that rattata. XD
(XDD)

Yeah!

Thanks. xDD Ahahha, I sure hope so. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596 View Post
:D This is going to be awesome! I read(?) your other nuzlocke challenge, one for gold, I think, and it was hilarious X3 DOSE FACES LOL I hope this one has that same comedic charm your other one did, nothing has made me laugh that hard in a while. Awesome. I'll be subscribing...whenever this lag hurricane lets up.

EDIT: It was Platinum. I was kinda close XD
xD Well thanks! I hope you think this one has the same "comedic" charm as well. xD Although the sprites are fairly limited, so I'll have to stick with just changing the facials as best I can. xD Yeah...the lag. Dx

XD Hahah, not really. xD Doesn't matter though. xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavedPuppy View Post
Cool comics There funny.

Pretty bland sentence by me there
Thanks! Ahah, that's okay. It means enough that you read it and you commented! :D

New page:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 PM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

Well, that didn't last long. I guess no Pigeot for you! I'm really liking this, btw.