Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital
Default Gmandiddy vs Tsuna -- gmandiddy wins by DQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmandiddy
Single Battle, 2 Pokemon each
DQ: 3 days
Damage Caps: 40
Restrictions: No OHKO moves, including Perish Song and Destiny Bond. No direct recovery moves.
Arena: Basic Colosseum, as seen in Pokemon Stadium 1. Just a basic battle field with no extra effects.

I think Sam wanted this battle :D
An Epic Battle between Sam and myself, may the best man win.

I shall send first:

[Mrs Thousand Spirit] Spiritomb (F)
Ability: Pressure
Stats: N/A
Signature Move: None

Spoiler:

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-06-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:26 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: Gmandiddy vs Tsuna

[None] Darmanitan
Ability: Sheer Force
Obtained: Adoption Center
Evolved Darumaka: Evolution Dojo
Signature move:
Spoiler:
None.

Work Up ~ Fire Punch

Let's go!

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 10-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

OK Spirtomb, I want you to use Rain Dance followed by Sucker Punch.

Rain Dance ~ Sucker Punch

Spoiler:
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

The audience gave a generous round of applause as two trainers entered the arena. From the door on the left came gmandiddy, one of the ASB’s leading business owners. He was followed by a Spiritomb, who whispered words in an indecipherable language. From the other door came his opponent, Tsuna. This trainer, who was also a business owner as well as running his own Gym, had chosen a Darmanitan as his pokémon. The crowd had split the moment they entered, half cheering for each competitor – it would be interesting to see how their opinions changed as the battle went on. I looked at the battle information on the screen to my left. This would be a single battle and each trainer would use two pokémon – a fairly simple battle. It would be fun to watch, if nothing else. I blew my whistle and the contestants gave out the battle-orders. It was time to get this show on the road.

Round One

gmandiddy

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Muttering to herself
Moves: Rain Dance ~ Sucker Punch

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Eager for a good fight
Moves: Work Up ~ Fire Punch

Darmanitan moved first, having an obvious speed advantage. He began to pound the arena’s floor with his long arms and started screeching. A red aura grew around the screaming ape as he continued his violent outburst. He could feel his muscles swelling and his anger growing, allowing him to hit harder than before. He stopped and smiled at Mrs Thousand Spirit, ready to strike her down.

The Spiritomb also took the opportunity to set up for later. A ring of water surrounded the ghost for a brief moment before spiralling skywards. It quickly passed the top of the stadium and reached the layer of cloud above. I sighed and got out an umbrella from under my seat – it was a good thing the referees are equipped for things like this. The ring of water exploded in the clouds, sending a torrent of water back down again. Darmanitan looked up, puzzled by this. He knew that this amount of water would hinder him if he tried to use attacks of his own nature. Nevertheless, this wouldn’t dampen his spirits – he would persevere.

Fire began to form around one of his fists and he rushed forwards, expecting to land a quick hit on his opponent. However, before he could do so, Mrs Thousand Spirit was beside him and a shadowy fist knocked him to the ground. He growled and looked up and the Spiritomb, who was looking as smug as a faceless creature can. His blood began to boil – this wasn’t his idea of fun.

He swung his fist, which was still blazing with fire. It connected with the ghost’s stone base so that she shook and was forced to move backwards. The crowd roared, spurred on by the amount of action. Darmanitan allowed the flames to go out and stood himself back up again. The two pokémon circled each other, waiting for more orders to go for it again. Neither was feeling much worse yet – they were only getting started.

gmandiddy

HP: 91%
Energy: 87%
Condition: Wanting to get back into the battle

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)

HP: 90%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Not too pleased; +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack

Notes
Work Up- (Darmanitan -4% Energy, +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack)
Rain Dance- (Spiritomb -7% Energy; rain is in effect)
Sucker Punch- (Spiritomb -6% Energy; Darmanitan -10% HP)
Fire Punch- (Darmanitan -8% Energy; Spiritomb -9% HP)

Arena Notes
It is raining

Team Notes
gmandiddy
2 pokémon remaining
Tsuna
2 pokémon remaining
Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Ok Spirtomb,

Use Curse, however if he uses Substitute, use Snatch.

If Curse hit, use Taunt. If He used Sub, use Water Pulse. If he did not use Curse or Sub, use Icy Wind.

Curse/Snatch ~ Taunt/Water Pulse/Icy Wind

Spoiler:
Old 10-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmandiddy View Post
Ok Spirtomb,

Use Curse, however if he uses Substitute, use Snatch.

If Curse hit, use Taunt. If He used Sub, use Water Pulse. If he did not use Curse or Sub, use Icy Wind.

Curse/Snatch ~ Taunt/Water Pulse/Icy Wind
Taunt ~ Bulldoze

Old 11-10-2011, 05:04 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

gmandiddy

[Mrs Thousand Spirits] Spiritomb (F)

HP: 91%
Energy: 87%
Condition: Wanting to get back into the battle
Moves: Curse/Snatch ~ Taunt/Water Pulse/Icy Wind

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)

Energy: 88%
Condition: Not too pleased; +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack
Moves: Taunt ~ Bulldoze

As much as he didn’t like getting hurt, Darmanitan knew that his trainer had a reason for choosing this move. Not wanting to disappoint him, the hyperactive ape began to direct a torrent of abuse at Mrs Thousand Spirits, making her recoil slightly. Of course, her next reaction was anger; she couldn’t believe that this monkey would dare insult her like this. Her anger continued to rise until she could bare it no more. Tsuna’s plan seemed to be working – she was too enraged to care about tactics and strategy any more.

She just wanted to be able to grind Darmanitan’s face into the arena’s floor as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the moves she had been given would not satisfy this urge and the move she was supposed to be using required far too much patience and concentration for the mood she was in at the moment. She snarled but remained still – there was little point in going in without orders.

On the other hand, Darmanitan’s next orders were perfect to quench his blood lust. A glowing fist smashed into the ground, causing it to shake and tremble. Mrs Thousand Spirits was caught in the earthquake and fell badly, damaging her body to some extent. There were cheers from some of the crowd as the ghost fell and it seemed that her opponent would have the lead at the end of the round unless she managed to pull something out of the bag now.

But no. The orders she had still didn’t meet her requirements, so she decided to go in alone. She rushed at the ape, all of her spirits screaming. The blazing pokémon simply stepped to the side, bringing more applause from the crowd. There was a shriek as Spiritomb realised what had happened, but it was too late to have another go now; the two trainers were ready to give their orders. Darmanitan was in the lead for now, but Spiritomb could change that quickly if her next orders worked well.

gmandiddy

HP: 78%
Energy: 68%
Condition: Absolutely furious; -1 Speed; Taunted (four more actions)

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)

Energy: 70%
Condition: Feeling a little better now; +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack

Notes
Taunt- (Rolled 3/3, 6 actions; Darmanitan -8% Energy; Spiritomb Taunted)
Curse- (Fails due to Taunt; Spiritomb -13% Energy)
Bulldoze- (Darmanitan -10% Energy; Spiritomb -12% HP, -1 Speed)
Taunt- (Fails due to Taunt; Spiritomb -6% Energy)

Arena Notes
The rain has stopped

Team Notes
gmandiddy
2 pokémon remaining
Tsuna
2 pokémon remaining
Old 11-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Let's try a combination move.

Sunny Day + Solarbeam

Old 11-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse

Spoiler:
Old 11-21-2011, 04:00 AM
eishiba Offline

Round Three

gmandiddy

HP: 78%
Energy: 68%
-1speed/taunted 4 actions

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)
Energy:70%
+1atk,+1SPATK

The rain had finally come to a stop and Darmanitan was very happy about that. It really didn't matter anyways. In Darmanitans mind, the forecast called for very sunny skies. It looked into the sky as all the clouds moved away from the sun as the warmness gave Darmanitan a little more energy to go off on. It smiled knowing things were better without that silly wet stuff. All it does is...well...gets everything wet! (-7energy Darmanitan)

Mrs Thousand Spirits felt the sun come out to play. I miss the rain, I love dreary weather! It looked at the giant flaming, Donkey Kong wanna be and laughed. It dug deep into its own dark heart, searching for any dark energy it had. It created a massive ball in front of itself, full of black, dark energy. Once it created the ball, it also made a second one. The two balls circled around the Spiritomb and then scattered into millions of tiny pieces. She had used the two attacks. The dark matter crashed into Darmanitan, knocking it back as it tumbled about. ( Mrs Thousand Spirits -12 energy) (Darmanitan -20hp)

Darmanitan jumped to its feet. It had the sun. How could anything involving dark possibly affect things now? It knew nothing could stop it now. It felt the suns warm, bright energy course through it. It opened its mouth and spewed forth a beam of warm light. The light engulfed the evil ghost as Darmanitan watched proudly. You don't mess with a monkey on a sunny day! (Darmanitan -18 energy) (Mrs Thousand Spirits -8 hp)

gmandiddy

HP: 70%
Energy: 56%
-1speed/taunted 2 actions
Condition: I miss the rain!

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)
Energy:45%
+1atk,+1SPATK
Condition: Loving the sun!

Last edited by eishiba; 01-03-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Sorry for letting this go on so long, I was unaware.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Umm, I think you forgot the new values for HP and Energy?

Spoiler:
Old 12-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

gmandiddy, you have 24 hours to post your moves or you will be disqualified.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse

Spoiler:
Old 12-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Work Up ~ Substitute @ 25%

Old 01-03-2012, 05:48 PM
eishiba Offline

Round Four

gmandiddy

Energy: 56%
-1speed/taunted 2 actions

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)
Energy:45%
+1atk,+1SPATK

Darmanitan wanted to make its self stronger. It started to do a few exercises. Sit ups, one armed push ups, and some squats got its blood flowing even more. This caused its strength to increase a little. With its new strength, it was ready to start doing some real damage. (Darmanitan -4 energy +1ATK +1 SP ATK)

Mrs Thousand Spirits couldn't think of any other move to do, other than the same one it had been doing the last couple of turns. Once again, it gathered a dark ball of energy, compressed it, and then let it scatter out as the dark energy crashed into Darmanitan. Darmanitan stumbled back as the move hit it head on.(Mrs Thousand Spirits -6 energy)( Darmanitan -10 HP)

Darmanitan wanted to sto taking this damage. That blasted dark energy hurts! It began to create a doll that looked like it in an attempt to have something Substitute for it. It gave the doll energy to be able to withstand a few attacks itself. (Darmanitan @25%hp of 70HP= 17Hp/ -17 HP, -11 energy Substitite has 17HP)

Mrs Thousand Spirits knew that by the end of this battle it would know how to use Dark Pulse with absolute perfection. As before, it gathered the dark energy and released it at its opponent. However, the dark energy crashed into the substitite and not Darmanitan. (Mrs Thousand Spirits -6 energy) (Darmanitan Sub -10HP)

Luckily the taunt ended, leaving Mrs Thousand Spirits free to use something other than Dark Pulse.

gmandiddy

Energy: 44%
-1speed/
Condition: No longer taunted! :)

Tsuna

Darmanitan (M)
HP: 43%
Energy:30%
+2atk,+2SPATK
Condition:Ready to utilize its new strength.