Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: Individual RP: Speed-X

As a last resort, Maractus quickly formed a clone of itself and hid behind it, attempting to shield itself from the materialized toxins that would have been sure to eat away at her prickly, cactus-like flesh.

Wow, pretty nice. 'S got quick reflexes.

Upon making contact with the substitute, the poisons sizzled as the doppleganger Maractus absorbed them, as if it was nothing.

The thing about substitutes is that, yes, they do tend to look exactly like the host monster; however, there is one simple factor that makes the difference between a clone and the original apparent: the eyes. A substitute's eyes lack the amount of life that any living being would have. Just blank and soulless.
The attacking Pokemon, however, are not completely oblivious to this difference; merely, they tend to pay no mind to it in the heat of battle. That and the host of the doppleganger tends to frequently hide somewhere in its surroundings, anyhow.

The monster poked its head out from behind the copy in an alerted--and rather innocent, in a sense--manner, in order to be able to see what she had to anticipate from Sakyuu next.

Flygon proceeded to fly up a considerable distance into the air and dove towards Maractus, reaching such a speed and amount of force to the point that a visible white glow began to form around her body. She collided with Maractus' substitute head-on, knocking it into the air a bit; upon it landing, it vanished. Just like that.

I was startled significantly by an unfamiliar voice behind me. Man, I really shouldn't have gotten so into this battle.

"Hello! Sorry to bother you, but the name is Alex Fisher. I'll be your Ranger."

I stared wide-eyed for a few seconds, but soon recovered from the sudden shock.

"Oh? That's odd. Did Elisa have to leave or something?" I was a little puzzled. I mentally face-palmed as soon as I realized how stupid of a question that was. "I mean not that I have a problem with that or anything." I certainly didn't want to sound disrespectful, either--I mean, it was cool with me. Just a little sudden. Geez, either my head was way far into the game or that was some sneaky departure.

He continued, "May I say that is a powerful Flygon; however, that's one tricky Maractus. It was smart enough to use Substitute to avoid the Toxic attack, and hid behind it when Flygon used Aerial Ace."

"Oh! Thanks." I replied somewhat casually. "Yeah, that's definitely one whimsical little Maractus. It'd make a great addition to the team." I smiled.

"Anyway," I turned back towards the battle. "I got an idea, Sakyuu. Try mixing a Flamethrower with a Sonicboom attack." I was planning on trying this out like a kind of hybrid-like attack (although this would have worked much better with a move such as gust, those types of attacks are sadly not in Flygon's learnset), having Sakyuu simultaneously use Flamethrower so that perhaps the Sonicboom attack could--somehow--be infused with the flames. I wasn't about to guarantee it to work, but if it didn't, it likely wouldn't hinder us too terribly. At least Maractus would still get hit with a Sonicboom attack...I hoped.

She looked back at me a little bit confused.

"What I need you to do is charge a Flamethrower and a Sonicboom attack at the same time; maybe the sound waves could be infused with the fire and hit Maractus for a little more damage."

It sounded rather complicated, having her perform two completely different muscle movements at the same time. I, however, had a good feeling she could pull it off; even if she couldn't, she always makes sure to try her best. That's good enough for me.

"Flyyyy!" She screeched, attempting to follow up on my recent command. She began to flap her wings back and forth; once enough momentum and speed was gained, Flygon brought up the highly flammable chemical from her stomach, and released it in a flash of a hot, burning flame. Proceeding this, she flapped her wings a good couple of times with great force, releasing the blade-like crescents of wind at the Maractus.

I was really hoping that she'd be able to somehow aim the Sonicboom at the fire burning from her maw, but if not, I wouldn't have taken a mind to it. At least she gave it her all.
Sorry, I think I kinda BS'ed this one. Ah well, fake it til' ya make it, right? XD I had to get this done. ^^;

Last edited by Speed-X; 01-30-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital
Default Re: Individual RP: Speed-X

"Yeah, that's definitely one whimsical little Maractus. It'd make a great addition to the team." She smiled and returned to her Pokemon. Alex returned to watching the battle and awaiting her next move.

"I got an idea, Sakyuu. Try mixing a Flamethrower with a Sonicboom attack." Subayai commanded. Alex was surprised, this sort of combination was hard to complete. It required a lot of focus and technique, producing two moves from the mouth. Most combinations were either focused around the idea of attacking first with one move then quickly following up with the next, or powering up two attacks, each on different parts of the body, (for example both hands) and dealing twice the damage. Throughout his career, Alex had witnessed a lot of different combinations, for example the Ice Beam + Surf combination Ataro used in his first run to Mt. Deckbi.

Alex was sidetracked at returned to the battle. However something was strange, Flygon wasn’t moving and instead turned its long golden brown neck beck to its trainer with confusion. Obviously Flygon didn’t understand what it was supposed to do and reverted to its trainer for advice or to clarify.

"What I need you to do is charge a Flamethrower and a Sonicboom attack at the same time; maybe the sound waves could be infused with the fire and hit Maractus for a little more damage." Subayai said to Flygon, trying to explain her orders. Flygon reluctantly nodded and flew up into the sky. During the whole confusion, Maractus was busy creating a small red ball it its hands. Inside the small red ball was the Japanese sign for fire. Alex quickly opened his bag and withdrew a small camera and took a quick shot. Photography was a sort of a hobby to Alex and whenever there was a battle going on, Alex wasn’t too far away.

Maractus sent the small red ball into the thick clouds above. All of a sudden, the clouds parted and the Sun appeared. The suns rays beamed down and lightened up the battle field. Alex recognized the move as Sunny Day, a move which intensifies the sun and attracts its rays towards the area around the user. It is an effective move and many Grass Pokemon rely on the Sun to do well in a battle. Flygon opened up its mouth and produced a fiery breath down towards the Maractus. As soon as the flames left the Ground Pokemon’s mouth, it suddenly intensified and as a result became a lot more powerful. The suns rays enhanced the power of the attack, and so making all the more dangerous. Flygon started to flap his wings, simultaneously with the fire. The newly generated wind carried the fire closer to Maractus. The cactus Pokemon tried to hide behind its substitute, however it caught fire instantly. The blazing fire swept Maractus back, slamming into a large oak tree. The fire scorched the ground where the substitute and Maractus were originally standing. Maractus started to glow in a bright white colour, illuminating the area around it.

After several seconds of glowing, Maractus fired a large white beam from its hands, blazing its way towards Flygon. This wasn’t good news. If Alex’s observation was correct, that move was Solarbeam. Generally it was a two-turn move, having to generate enough energy before. However if a Pokemon used Solarbeam in the sun, it used the sun’s energy straight away and can be fired with out the gap. The white beam collided into Flygon, sending the Dragon Pokemon crashing into the scorched ground.

This battle was only just starting.

Trainer Statistics:
Name: Subayai

Battle Stats

34% / Moves Used: Sunny Day – Solar Beam

vs

47% / Moves Used: Flamethrower/SonicBoom

MCR: 7500 / 15000

Encounters Left: 14
Area Effects:
Pokemon Encountered: Buneary (M, Quirky)
Current Encounter: Maractus (?, ???)
Pokemon Captured: Buneary (M, Quirky)

Total Items: Five Parkballs|Two Superballs|Three Max Potions|Three Full Heals|Two Full Restores|One Spicy Splendor Scent Spray|One Dreamily Dry Scent Spray|One Sweet Sensation Scent Spray|One Bitter Berry Scent Spray|One Sour Starfruit Scent Spray|One Mystery Mist Scent Spray|Five Cheri Berries|Seven Pecha Berries|Four Rawst Berries|Two Chesto Berries|Two Lum Berries|One Sitrus Berry
MCR: 3901/15,000

Pokemon Stats

Sakyuu the Flygon (F) - 78%
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Toxic|Giga Drain|Solar Beam|Flamethrower|Aerial Ace|Facade|Stone Edge|Sleep Talk|U-Turn|Substitute
<Currently Out of Ball>

Camerupt (M) - 100%
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Calm
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: [none]

Gengar (M) - 100%
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Substitute|Thunderbolt|Psychic|Rain Dance|Taunt|Giga Drain|Ice Punch|Fire Punch|Focus Punch|Sludge Bomb|Swagger|Psych Up|Protect|Sunny Day|Thunder|Snatch|Counter|Explosion|Snore|Sleep Talk|Rest|Focus Blast|Energy Ball|Will-O-Wisp|Shadow Claw|Poison Jab|Perish Song|Haze|Icy Wind

Spoiler: