Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Default Re: Early Activity/Interest check: This year's Team RP/War Season RP

Wait... I thought we were getting away from the huge armies and massive bloodshed in exchange for a massive robot army and lots of sparks? The whole 'doom and gloom' aspect seems to be getting stale when every one of them focuses on that. Something new and different will be good for the Team RP, if only because I'm tired of peeking in and seeing updates on how close people are to finishing and firing the Death Star's super laser. The killing and murder isn't really necessary, is it?

... That and ignoring a guy with a massive army of machines in favor of fighting each other is a bad idea; as Robotnik I can and will be taking up most of your interests or smashing you flat with an endless army of funny looking yet deadly robots. But then, I'd be doing that anyways.

Aherm... Sorry for not poking in yet, I've been busy with stuff this weekend, but I definitely have been working up ideas for things. Never done a group planning thing before though, so I'm not entirely sure what it is you want me to do xD; I'm guessing it's post my ideas, but...

So anyways, Robotnik building an inter-dimensional gate is no problem at all. Nabbing the seven Chaos Emeralds to power it also isn't out of the question. My idea is he was sending his robots through the portal to capture Pokemon and was constructing robotic copies to further his causes and so forth. Then, as usual, Sonic and co come by and blow up the machine. Usually in Sonic games, this makes whatever it was Robotnik screwed up better, but this time around it makes the wormhole unstable and it mixes the two worlds together. The good doctor gets his hands on a completed Pokedex (Oak must have been napping or something) and finds out about the supposed properties of the ever-so-important legendary Pokemon and decides to use them as well.

So you've got a big robot army of normal-ish animalbots and robomons and Robotnik's E-series mecha, plus others, and a plot to take the Legendary Pokemon and use them to rule the world. Better than what Cyrus was planning. And so far that's all I've thought up.

Also, HI DOH 8D I haven't seen you in forever.

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 02-20-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:55 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Bravo! I knew I asked the right person to design the majority of the next Team RP. I approve wholeheartedly. At this point it's unlikely this will be a full fledged War.

The doom and gloom dark setting or bloodshed isn't necessary, no. Was just saying that Team-based events were never as tame as the actual Pokemon franchise. But yea, we gotta ban projects and WMDs. What I call powertrips should still be allowed, though. A character increasing their power through finding something, training, or other such ways of self improvement.

Speaking of you as Robotnik, here's something for discussion. Should we allow Robotnik to have player henchmen? Recurring smaller villains that keep coming back? Seems like everybody against you might be a bit one sided, and alienates those who like to play bad guys and refuse to play good. Hell, if the good guys suck enough you might just take over both worlds and build Eggman land across dimensions.

My other concern is if he used the Emeralds for power that makes getting them a matter of breaking in. Would that deactivate the rift? I think that when it gets blown up that the rift should stay behind and create more rifts, becoming hnstable. The Emeralds would then scatter. Should this be in the opening plot or played out as part of the RP?

Next, how do we justify the existence of anthropomorphic animals on Earth besides the canon ones? Far as I know, and the canon is quite loose here, Adventure caused an event to send Sonic and Company to Earth from Mobius and they're stuck. Unlike in SonicX where it was a giant Chaos Control, Adventure never said how it happened IIRC. But how do we justify the existence of more characters than these? We never see anybody else from Mobius but the canon characters.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-20-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

I never really bothered with thinking of why or how Sonic and co came to be there. Robotnik came from Earth because his grandfather did, and Grandpa Crazy made Shadow before Sonic existed and all that fancy stuff, so I'm guessing they just randomly happen in a similar way as people. Or the government's been dumping radioactive sludge in forests, something like that. I never saw it as something that needed explaining; if it really does need an explanation, we can just say Eggman's wormhole overloading dumped them in.

And yeah, that's what I was thinking about the wormhole; Sonic and co blow up the machine, which I'd imagine would send a surge of energy back in to the emeralds and make them scatter while the improperly closed cosmic ripped pants gets unstable and brings over the Pokemon stuff in to the world. This could also work as justification for future Team RP crossover things, considering how much that would mess things up. Hunting down the Chaos Emeralds would be something for everyone to try to beat Eggman at (Though I'd prefer if he had one on hand already, just to add a sense of urgency if nothing else) before he... I dunno, turns on the ARK again.

On the matter of Eggman, I'm okay with being the one bad guy. Robotnik has tons of robots he uses to help him in various things, Metal Sonic being the one that crops up most often. I'm not opposed to people playing assistant villains, but I can go ahead and say that attempting to push me under a bus is going to backfire for any would-be Starscreams.

EDIT: Getting Chaos Emeralds could also be a way to power people up; they do give people at least SOME abilities. Maybe each one has a different power that they give to the person who finds it? Or maybe if they already have that power, it gives it a boost in strength?

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 02-20-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Personally, I approve all of this, including the origin of more anthropomorphic animals. Yes I really think it needs to explained.

Lol Starscream got PWNED so badly by Galvatron. Instant dust. I saw that movie a couple days ago, was like wow.

Yes, Buttnik should have one emerald left. And unless we decide to add that, I'm not aware of them having extra powers. Although Streak requires any emerald to activate his Chaos abilities. None of them work without one. It's how I balance the character, basically.

Edit: Man, why do I keep getting two posts for the price of one and having to delete one? Wonder if quick reply is broken.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-20-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
If you start practicing to type War, eventually it will sink in. Practice makes perfect, you know. :)

A lot of the attacks Sonic and company do are just as dangerous as what Pokemon do. This is very well illustrated in Brawl in Sonic's fighting style, though Brawl is of course an AU of a what if tournament. Or heck, just watch SonicX and see how much destruction is caused. It's just that both franchises seem to go to extreme lengths to make sure nobody is actually killed, except the flavor of the day robots. That doesn't mean we necessarily have to.

I am working with uh, somebody who shall not be named, on a pure Sonic-esque RP. If we come up with nothing concrete with this discussion, expect me to port that plot here and try to adjust it as a War season. But as of now I seem to be involved in two of these lol.

Oh, and Grassy I need Omega. Hope that doesn't mess with your stuff. We can figure something out if it does.
Nah, I don't want Omega. I'm play a great Shadow though :) Speaking of which, Shadow's game was dark (too dark, actually. It turned comedic). It was HEAVILY implied in several of the false endings he karate-chopped Eggy's neck and killed him. Speaking of which...

Metal, if you go anywhere near my ARK, I will put bullets through you. Again. Didn't you learn anything from last time?

*Coughs* That aside, it's really easy to make things dark. I hate to be bringing my story up, but since it's Pokemon/Sonic, it makes sense. We sometimes have to rate a chapter R because either Nazo gets too mouthy or there is gore. So that isn't that hard, sillies~ (I also made Sonic really angry and mean. Whoo!)

Metal, this sounds a lot like you were doing in the one roleplay before you let it die |D
Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

The whole rampant killing and blood-soaked battlefields thing doesn't have to play a role in this; what I was asking was if death would still play a large role in this like it has most other major RPs. I personally prefer an RP where your character can die if you aren't careful, and sometimes dying can make an RP a lot more fun. If nothing else it can create tension between characters, which is always nice. I already kinda have an idea for a character whose family was killed in one way or another because of this lol.

Also YO METAL. WE NEED TO RP TOGETHER MORE, MAN. How you been?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 02-21-2012, 09:48 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Isn't death and dieing up to the RPers? How can we really predict that? I'm sorry.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:10 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Side note: I don't plan to play in this particular WAR (shut up), I think this is a great idea, but I will point out a few things that made/broke a lot of the older WARs/Team RPs:
  • the existence of the limitless energy sources (Chaos Emeralds, Super Emeralds, Sol Emeralds, and the Master Emerald) as opposed to the Orbs/Crystals from WARS 1-4
  • Super/Hyper forms (as opposed to...well, the Super forms that Neo, Harry and Lord Celebi all gained at one point)
  • Dark breasts of sealed, untold power: Dark Gaia, Chaos, (and don't even get me started on Sonic comic-lore), as opposed to legendaries
  • The unpredictable and often convenient Chaos Force and/or Chaos Control

You'll have to be careful to ensure that won't become a repeat of earlier WARs, with Teams/Individuals hunting for the Emeralds in a Eggman-like bid to restore these beasts (or fanmade counterparts) to their former glory.

Unless of course, that's what you want.

On a side note, there is a relatively unknown, yet canon explanation for the relationship between Mobius and "Earth", as well as Eggman's existence. Unfortunately, a lot of it can be chalked up to poor translation.

Keep in mind, these documents are assuming the games are canon and the anime/comics are not. This is not as clear cut as it is in Pokemon, however, - the creators, iirc, have recognized that the Archie Comics continuity is just as "legitimate" of a universe as the singular "game" universe. (source needed)

Just some food for thought.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfairy
Dark breasts of sealed, untold power
Lol. Best typo ever XD

Hmm...Well, the Emeralds are NOT a source of unlimited power, as displayed in Sonic Adventure and more recently Unleashed (lol, all they were good for then were to chuck at people! Shame you couldn't do that...They were restored, but they had to be taken to special places).

If you're going to have a Super/Hyper form, put severe limits on it. How long, effects (one of my characters, for example, tends to go berserk), and how often they can use it. Not to mention, relying on that power will make you weaker or even addicted to it.

Dark Gaia was sealed into the planet and is slumbering, so unless Eggy tries to blow it up again (unlikely, considering how much of a failure it was in the end), shouldn't reappear. Chaos went with Tikal to...Someplace. And the Time Eater...Well, destroyed by Sonic. That boss sucked anyway though.

I have some limits on Chaos Force I use. Short jumps are possible without any help, but doing rapid ones will exhaust quickly. More emeralds = longer jumps and less exhausting. Freezing time is difficult to do as well. Probably only freeze for five seconds or so, and used sparingly.

Mobius is not world canon, no. Apparently (I can't remember where I read this) they thought when they said "the mobius strips of land" the reporter or whatnot thought they meant the name of the planet. Instead, they meant those nifty little twisting land platforms. So that simple error led to a comic world being born.

So far, the planet remains unnamed. I'm going with "Segapian" or something XD
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 PM
bronislav84 Offline

If used as a power source, yes each of the Emeralds are an unlimited source of power. Dark Gaia and Chaos are isolated cases where the entire emeralds ability to have unlimited power was absorbed and transfered.

On Super Forms, I say we limit it to short (like ten seconds) without an emerald, 30 seconds with one or more, and unlimited in the vicinity of all seven. In the vicinity, because it's unlikely that some people would wanna share the powers. So it should be enough to bring all seven near each other to activate super forms for those that can have them. Would also mean if person X has an emerald and person Y has six, nobody has to give up theirs, just move them near each other.

Mobius is the real planet name. It was named that in the Sonic cartoon back in the 90s. But yea, the planet was never named in the games or SonicX far as I'm aware.

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-23-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
If used as a power source, yes each of the Emeralds are an unlimited source of power. Dark Gaia and Chaos are isolated cases where the entire emeralds ability to have unlimited power was absorbed and transfered.

On Super Forms, I say we limit it to short (like ten seconds) without an emerald, 30 seconds with one or more, and unlimited in the vicinity of all seven. In the vicinity, because it's unlikely that some people would wanna share the powers. So it should be enough to bring all seven near each other to activate super forms for those that can have them. Would also mean if person X has an emerald and person Y has six, nobody has to give up theirs, just move them near each other.

Mobius is the real planet name. It was named that in the Sonic cartoon back in the 90s. But yea, the planet was never named in the games or SonicX far as I'm aware.
The cartoons and comics aren't canon ;D

The power wasn't transferred for Dark Gaia. Eggy literally tapped into all the power and shot it. I theorize they can restore themselves if they have a little power remaining (such as with Chaos), but when completely drained they have to be restored by the planet (as in Unleashed). WHOO THEORIES.

I don't think anyone should be able to access a Super Form without an emerald. Heck, even my one character, essentially a "walking negative emerald", still requires two to go into his next stage. He's a bit overpowered, but it's easy to limit him (poor stamina, prone to overloading or going crazy. Hates himself. That deal). That way it can't be abused so easily. Ten seconds might not be much, but someone could kill another in those few moments O.o
Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

I don't really think things need to go that in-depth with things... You guys might be over thinking it a bit XD But my basic summary of replies to what looks to me like a debate starting;

Games say you need the seven Chaos Emeralds to go super, so in the RP logically all seven would need to be in the vicinity. No Chaos-esque creatures should really be called forth; the legendary Pokemon are around, but I'd prefer them to not take a side until something offends them. Like in the movies. Chaos Control... I'm going to say it's a one-use-per-fight thing because presumably it would take a lot of energy to pull off even with a Chaos Emerald. And the Emeralds can have their powers drained if they are overused (The Eclipse Cannon would have been able to fire a second time immediately after otherwise, and it had four Emeralds I think?)

And do we really need to debate what the worlds are called? XD That just seems a little... I dunno... nitpicky. But I'll just call the thing Grooseland if that's going to be a problem and solve the whole debate xP

On another note, I vote we keep things simpler than all this. The hyper-complex if-you-weren't-involved-you-won't-understand-a-thing writeups were the reason I never joined another War; they're all way too complicated >.< That turns people like me off. Just my two cents, if you want them.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Fine Grassy, as you say.

And fine metal, as you say. Please define hyper-complex if-you-weren't-involved-you-won't-understand-a-thing. All people gotta do is read before they post and catch up. How would you know what to post if you don't know what's been going on?

Grooseland? Uh no. Wanna just call it Sonic's home world and not name it?
Old 02-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Sorry bronislave84, Metal. I'm just pay too much attention to that type of stuff XD (And yes Metal, I am very nitpicky. I thought you knew?!)

Hmm...Sounds like a good idea with Chaos Control. And I believe you are correct with the ARK. It was four or six it had...Can't recall how many.

But yes Metal, I have to agree with Bron. Just read the post before, or like I did in the War roleplay I only paid attention to posts in the area I was in, going too, fellow clan members, or event. It narrowed the amount I had to read by...A LOT.

Grooseland! XD
Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Groose is an idiot.

There is a course in Sonic Riders ZG called Mobius Strip, where the final boss is found. Wonder what they could be alluding to?