Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Early Activity/Interest check: This year's Team RP/War Season RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Groose is an idiot.

There is a course in Sonic Riders ZG called Mobius Strip, where the final boss is found. Wonder what they could be alluding to?

Huh? Groose is a person? :P

You have to remember that a Mobius Strip is also a name for a specific type of land...Like...Yoink. Pretty nifty, eh? Cool concept for a game <3 The level sure felt like one too @.@' Plus they make occasional nods to the comics.

And...And...Why are we discussing this again? I thought this was for War XD Stop making my nitpickiness rage at me DX

It's such an overused name, anyway. I vote Grooseland XD

EDIT: Or we could go without a name. But I like Metal's idea. Idiotic names are DA BOMB. *Yes, I'm hyper. I ate a whole box of Mike and Ikes. ...Oh boy XD*

So are we allowed to call dibs on a character yet? XD And...Well, are there going to be clans again?

EDIT 2: Okay, yeah, Groose is such a jerk :P But that pompadour...He pulls it off well O.o

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 02-25-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:07 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

The course was shaped like that. A figure 8. I get it.

Seriously if you guys are against using Mobius as a name then we can just call it "Sonic's homeworld". I'm very much against Grooseland though. What's an overused name? Mobius? Really?

It's unlikely there will be a War at this rate, just a Team RP unless somebody wants to lead a whole War with all sections.

I dunno if we're allowed to call dibs on characters, but I call my OC Streak, Omega, and Blaze.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Isn't death and dieing up to the RPers? How can we really predict that? I'm sorry.
Just wanted to touch on this. It is up to the RPers. I was just wanting to know if we were going to be able to die at all, or if everyone is somehow immortal and there's not going to be enough mayhem to cause bloodshed XD. What can I say, I'm evil to my characters.

Speaking of characters, I've never done a Sonic RP and therefore have no Sonic OCs. Exactly what are we looking at in terms of what's allowed? Can we have different races (werewolves and demons from "Earth", for example), or is it gonna strictly be humans and bipedal animals with a strange ability to talk?

As for names, Pokemon world = Homeworld, Sonic world = Mobius. Just keep it simple; why come up with another name when there's one already provided, canon or no?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 02-27-2012, 03:19 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
Pokemon world = Homeworld
Somebody doing a throwback to WAR RP 5 huh. :P

Bron: I take it as WAR just is more like me yelling out war instead now. I guess. I dunno, it stuck. Besides, why change now this late into the game? It's not exactly something confusing nor something that will make it confusing.

We really should be done is to break away from noninteractive posting. I think the reason why the earlier RPs did well were that it was heavily interactive and often times very surprising. I still remember how Neo was surprised at stuff I did either directly to him or indirectly through his actions and mine. Stuff like that I always feel is missing in later RPs.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Despite not knowing anything (well, very, very little) about Sonic, this looks pretty cool.

Now, maybe this was already said and I just didn't do my post reading well (in which case I apologise) but when did you guys plan to start this? My interest would very much be affected by when it would begin.

Either way, like I said, this looks really good ^^

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 02-27-2012, 05:44 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Then yes Jess, characters can die, but then there would be a way to revive oneself so you're not forced to quit the RP.

See the thing with Sonic's universe is there's two world's to differentiate between. Their version of Earth which would be where most action would be taking place, and there's Mobius where Sonic and Company come from originally. Mobius would be largely unused though, since the bipedal animals with the strange ability to talk have been appearing on "Earth" for many years now, too. So we can't call Poke-Earth Homeworld because not everybody comes from there, sorry Ken. Metal and Grassy wanna not name Mobius, but it has to be referred to as something. Really, it should be called Mobius for simplicity sake. BTW Robotnik and Robotnik Nega are the only humans in their versions of Mobius.

I personally am not one to put a limit on species. If you can adequately explain what they're doing on Sonic's version of Earth, then I would say it should be allowed. A good origin story is a good origin story. Do keep in mind that by essentially creating a species, especially one that is imbalanced with the others, you can create a power imbalance in the entire RP if other people like it and choose to play it too.

Ken it was originally War, if you remember. It was ONLY all caps when put in thread titles for easy notice. I KNOW when we did wars 1 and 2 it was typed as War in actual text. People just got lazy. Please, unless you can come up with an acronym for WAR, stop using it.

What exactly do you mean interactive? Character versus character conflicts? It's just that every War RP except 1 and 5 never had a true conclusion. It never even got to conflicts, cause people only cared about points and not good story. I'm sure if we institute a "the RP must end or nobody wins" policy, there will be more conflicts.

Thanks for the support Moonlight! I'm thinking May or June, possibly April if people are particularly impatient.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-27-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

I won't call it Mobius - no offense to you guys - but for some odd reason I just have a lot of hatred for the name. I don't understand why. I think it's because everyone believes it to be the canon name XD I'm such a nitpicky little fact person :3 But, yeah. Not going to argue it anymore XD So you guys can call it that, but I will not.

WAR - We Are Ready
WAR - Warfare All 'Round
WAR - Wacky And Random

<3

I was so angry that 5 didn't end. I had so much planned for Triple T >.< Her own arc and everything! (Plus, turning the creepiness factor to OVER 9000!)

I have a race as well, but I don't think I'll use the Huwings (basically, my response to how "humans" developed on Sonic's planet. After all, what happened to those evolving? I had to answer that question). So far the only character I intend to use is Shadow - if I use too many, I can't develop them as well.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Wink Re: Early Activity/Interest check: This year's Team RP/War Season RP

Well, it is canon. The comic and cartoon in the 90s both used the name. The video games are considered the main canon though, and it was never named there. I just think we should use Mobius for convenience. It needs a name so it can easily be referred to, and why make up a name when one already exists pretty much? If you're not gonna use the name and be odd then just have any character you play call it home or something. XD

Lol at the acronyms. I personally like Warfare All Around, but that implies a more chaotic conflict than we're usually used to. Everybody should just stop using WAR, because it's just incorrect and wrong.

Don't you mean 10? The last War was 10. I feel the same way. I had a lot planned for Renita, too. I do plan to write a fic about it one day.

Oh and there's only one human on Sonic's planet: Robotnik. He's obviously from Earth. Honestly, if Sonic wans peace he can just keep foiling Eggy's plans until the guy just gets old and dies. SEGA won't ever kill him off though, since they'd lose money if the story truly ends.

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-27-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Ken it was originally War, if you remember. It was ONLY all caps when put in thread titles for easy notice. I KNOW when we did wars 1 and 2 it was typed as War in actual text. People just got lazy. Please, unless you can come up with an acronym for WAR, stop using it.
That's just your obsessive-compulsive personality trait talking, bro. I could care less. But since you want one: Warring Across Regions. XD

Quote:
What exactly do you mean interactive? Character versus character conflicts? It's just that every War RP except 1 and 5 never had a true conclusion. It never even got to conflicts, cause people only cared about points and not good story. I'm sure if we institute a "the RP must end or nobody wins" policy, there will be more conflicts.
The issue was exactly that. There's no interaction between characters and people who are rping them. I literally spent the entirety of war 6's rp doing everything by myself with little interaction with other people. Heck, Neo spent his time doing either a project or having a small skirmish with rust. It got kinda boring. There has to be some way of dealing with this though, considering that it is very obvious that the best rps and the most memorable ones were clearly the most interactive ones. Both wars 1 and 5 had a clear villain for certain periods of time (Syrus, rust, and I) and creativity really took off during those times.

So while I agree with your assessment, it is also clear that we need to think in a way that is completely different from how we have done the past couple of wars before. What we want is less structure and more fluidity in how we initially present the storyline and encourage interactions between rpers.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Well, it is canon. The comic and cartoon in the 90s both used the name. The video games are considered the main canon though, and it was never named there. I just think we should use Mobius for convenience. It needs a name so it can easily be referred to, and why make up a name when one already exists pretty much? If you're not gonna use the name and be odd then just have any character you play call it home or something. XD

"I'm going home."
"To the ARK, Shadow?"
"No, the planet."
"But isn't your home the ARK?"
"Yes, but I'm going to the planet."
"But you just said-"
"SILENCE."

^ I'm so going to have skits like these in my post. Only I can make Shadow humorous XD

Yeah, I meant on my world Bron I had to answer what happened to the tree that was supposed to evolve into humans. I had to answer that for my story XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002
That's just your obsessive-compulsive personality trait talking, bro. I could care less. But since you want one: Warring Across Regions. XD
HYES.

I tried to be interactive with Triple T, but it was really hard to do. Also, might I suggest not throwing as much information in our faces? I couldn't remember...Well, any of it really on the initial post(s) of information for War last year. I realize they need a lot of information, but I think it was simply too much XD (This goes back to what Metal was saying about too much information scaring people).

Perhaps areas could be discovered as it went on...?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:55 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Yes Ken I'm OCD. What gave it away, years ago? Lol. But seriously please get used to typing War. Please?

The issue was definitely that. The Wars just never got to the point where people would stick around to HAVE conflicts, because few people cared about actual story development, just points. Once the point period ended, most people skipped town and spit on the RP.

We are trying to go back to that old way kinda, just no projects except for one person: metal. Remember he agreed to be our villain for this RP, and I believe he can do it. We will try to have a no project this time around, and see how it goes. People will need to work together to take down big threats, meet up, plan, recruit NPC help. Projects might become allowed later if the need arises.

Grassy you have a way with making Shadow funny without him actually meaning to sound funny in character. More of this can I has?

On information. Well see, this is going to try to appeal to both Pokemon fans and Sonic fans. Since Sonic fans are a minority on a Pokemon-centered forum, the opening plot will need to go into a lot of detail on the Sonic stuff. It's unavoidable unless you like having a very narrow audience.

Discovering areas? I don't see why not. I personally am basing this off of SonicX kinda. The majority of the anime takes place in Station Square, even the SA2 arc. There's also the Mystic Ruins and ARK. The other areas are pretty basic and generic. Other stuff besides this can easily be made up by the players as the RP goes along. It just needs to make sense from story flow is all.

I trust metal to come up with a good plot draft we can all work with.

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-28-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Yes Ken I'm OCD. What gave it away, years ago? Lol. But seriously please get used to typing War. Please?
No not OCD. Obsessive-compulsive personality. Different things. OCD I have to give you meds. I'll probably not change though. Habits die hard. lol

Quote:
The issue was definitely that. The Wars just never got to the point where people would stick around to HAVE conflicts, because few people cared about actual story development, just points. Once the point period ended, most people skipped town and spit on the RP.

We are trying to go back to that old way kinda, just no projects except for one person: metal. Remember he agreed to be our villain for this RP, and I believe he can do it. We will try to have a no project this time around, and see how it goes. People will need to work together to take down big threats, meet up, plan, recruit NPC help. Projects might become allowed later if the need arises.

Grassy you have a way with making Shadow funny without him actually meaning to sound funny in character. More of this can I has?

On information. Well see, this is going to try to appeal to both Pokemon fans and Sonic fans. Since Sonic fans are a minority on a Pokemon-centered forum, the opening plot will need to go into a lot of detail on the Sonic stuff. It's unavoidable unless you like having a very narrow audience.

Discovering areas? I don't see why not. I personally am basing this off of SonicX kinda. The majority of the anime takes place in Station Square, even the SA2 arc. There's also the Mystic Ruins and ARK. The other areas are pretty basic and generic. Other stuff besides this can easily be made up by the players as the RP goes along. It just needs to make sense from story flow is all.

I think that's a logical assessment of the situation. I don't want to see the stupid post-to-make-project-move-a-bit posts ever again. Those were idiotic at best.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:

Sure! I already aim to be Shadow. I have a lot of practice with him thanks to EoT (he's a bit more lighthearted, but still liable to shoot you. Basically I wanted to tweak him a little bit, to be a little less harsh. I mean, he's been a little nicer in the games after putting his past behind him :/ ...'Course, my version turned into a father figure and that was accidental. But he fits the role.

So, yeah, I'll probably use my EoT personality version. He'll crack a bad joke to get people to leave him alone XD

Yeah. SonicX took everything from Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 (except for the last season. That was only for the show), so I have no problem with it. Adventure 2 is my favorite Sonic game to date <3

I don't mind a lot of information, but nothing on the scale of the last War. It was like, three posts. Of info. ...GAH. I honestly could never remember where I was going XD

Don't forget Angel Island and Prison Island ;D Those are the major areas. Obviously though, Prison Island is off limits except to prisoners (who would have to escape) and officials working there. Or Eggman...Who blows everything up. (Obviously, judging from Shadow the Hedgehog, Prison Island survived the exploding part).

Yeah Kenny, have to agree with you. Once the points period left, they went. We just couldn't keep it alive |D
Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Right. I don't think I'm diagnosed with the disorder. Personality might be more correct.

Oh yea Angel Island and Prison Island, which are somewhere near Station Square. There's also Westopolis, which is the setting of Shadow's very own game. Streak's supporting character Renee lives there with her parents. Streak stays with them, too. Renee is kinda uh, weird for a human. I don't wanna give too much away.

So yea we're agreed. No project lists, and especially no post junk to advance project bullshit.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Right. I don't think I'm diagnosed with the disorder. Personality might be more correct.
Obsessive compulsive personality disorder
True OCD
You don't have OCD because it's impossible for you to have OCD under the circumstances you're giving me, since you are obviously the type that's organized and have to be perfect. You would not be diagnosed with OCD because it actually is very different from obsessive compulsive personality. People who describe themselves as OCD are almost always actually saying that they have the personality trait (and technically it's not a disorder either unless it causes significant distress).

I'm gonna let you guys go brew up something. But remember: KISS (keep it simple, stupid) is key. ;)