Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Moderator Applications

Hey all, we the forum staff are looking for some new moderators to join our ranks. For the first time, we're going to be taking applications from any member who believes they have what it takes to be a moderator at PE2K.

We are looking for members who have time to dedicate to improving the forum, can handle the responsibility of a leadership position whilst being respectful to all members and who has plenty of ideas to improve whichever board they are applying for.

The forum staff will discuss all applications and decide who we would like to trial as moderators. Successful applicants will be made moderators in a board of their choice and their progress will be monitored by the forum leaders. After a trial period of one month, the forum staff will come together to decide whether successful applicants should become fully fledged moderators.

Please note, we are accepting applications for all boards on the forum except for the URPG, ASB and POL which are governed by their own staff.

To apply, please answer the following questions. You may either post your answers in this thread, or if you prefer to keep your application private you may PM me.

Which board(s) are you applying for and why?
A maximum of 3 boards may be chosen. If successful, you will be selected to moderate one of these boards. Please indicate which board is your first preference if applying for more than one.

What have you been involved in/accomplished at PE2K?
List the types of things you have been involved with and any achievements (including leadership positions) while you've been a member of PE2K, especially those related to your board(s) of interest.

What ideas do you have/what do you want to accomplish/change for the board(s) you applied for?
This is the most important section. List any ideas you have for your board(s). The more detail you can give the better. We will expect you to make progress towards these goals during your one month trial period if you are successful in applying.

Anything else you'd like to add.
Feel free to add anything you believe will improve your chances at being chosen, including reasons why you would be a good moderator and previous leadership experience or responsibilities on other sites/forums or in real life.

Applications will close on the 15th of April. You are advised to get your application in as soon as possible. If you have any questions feel free to post here or drop me a PM! Good luck everyone and if you believe you can help improve the forum, please do apply! =)
Old 04-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Default Re: Moderator Applications

Entertainment, Pokemon: General, and Trivia/Games, no personal preference out of those three.

I have made numerous posts here throughout the years, and it's kind of hard to keep track of.

What ideas do you have/what do you want to accomplish/change for the board(s) you applied for?
I will strive as much as I can to make PE2K a better board for everyone in this domain. I would also make it fun with my sense of humor. Plus, I am friends on here with some of the mods, mostly because they live in the same state as me.

My seventh year anniversary of being on PE2K is this month! Also, I have helped run several small forums, so this would be my first major role on a larger forum. Sorry if this application is a bit short, I am going to an Easter gathering in another state some time today, not sure when, though. Also, I might get some fresh meat onto this board, if you know what I meant... Recruits, y'know!

Last edited by Megiddo Flame; 04-08-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Role Play Boards

I initially joined for the role play sections, have participated in a few forum events and helped out new members in the past with getting used to the forums. I have participated in a few Team RP’s and WAR events and even helped a few members better their role playing skills to better meet the usual standard of the PE2K Role Play boards. One of them is actually a mod now for the forum! I try to keep the role play boards as active as possible by trying to keep different and intriguing role plays, to a point where some of the other members have called it iconic or I’m better known for some of my work for lack of a better phrase.

I have also helped the ASB with some of their battling systems, writing the rule sets for Doubles, Triples, Multi Battles and Rotation battles.

I would love to bring up activity to the Role Play boards by making it look and feel more newbie friendly. We have a wonderful guide dubbed for Advanced players, and have two posts about standards and rules that seem a bit out dated, and can look intimidating. I’ve noticed that some of the new members trying to create role plays, though often with very little plot or story to them to have players get into it, leaving questions that may never be answered because of an aversion to having done something wrong. Some new members’ necropost without realizing it, and due to the inactivity of the forum, that’s becoming harder not to do for new members. I remember doing it when I was new to the forums and it was an embarrassing feeling.

I would like to create a newbie guide or Role Play creation for the new members to look to, this way to make the boards look more friendly and warm welcoming and to help with those who may be a little lost. I would also like to create a Role Play tutoring thread for anyone wishing to improve their writing ability, and for those who would like to help those with improvement, as a lot of members either like literacy or ask of proper grammar in their own role plays. I have done this privately with a few members, here and on other boards and have been successful, and would love to continue to help those who are willing to learn!

I would love to see the Role Play boards, and of course the rest of the forum, brought back to its former activity glory.

I have been on the forum for about five years going on six, mostly in the Role Play boards but active in other boards as well, most notably ASB. Even if not made any sort of staff, I would be happy to assist with the role play boards as much as I can.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

Pokemon General, and the Interactive Center. I hope to bring activity back to these sub-forums in particular.

Let's see... I have made my way to Website Editor, as you can see.
General Board: Hosted several VPP threads, hosted several Pokemon Claim Threads
Interactive Center: I was an approver and major battler for the PE2KWFL and and I helped Sarah and Teo with it. I am starting to get back into Wi-Fi and team creating and stuffs.

General Board: I want to get more topics that relate to all things Pokemon added. And delete/lock the other topics that are deemed unnecessary.
Interactive Center: I wish to get more Competitive Battling threads, create more trading/battling threads, and I wish to bring back the PE2KWFL. :3 I also wish to write more comprehensive guides to battling/trading/making new teams.

Hai. :3 I do also wish to help bring PE2K back to its glory days. Something I secretly enjoy is writing (or typing in this case) things and I do wish to write/type more guides in the near future and add them here.

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links

Last edited by Kaoru; 04-11-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Art Boards (Sprite Art, specifically): I like doing Sprite Art, and although I'm not the greatest at it, I feel that I'm decent. I also think that I give pretty good critique to people that accept it maturely (not the people on the Facebook group).
Trivia and Games: This section seems like kind of a joke to a lot of people, but with some rules and guidelines to what types of games can be entered (not just copies of the same game), it could really be turned around, and be a board worth going to, not just a place to increase your post count.

I've had a few sprite shops, participated in the WiFi League (before the level increase), and I've been active in the Discussions. I've also attempted to do some fan fiction, but that didn't exactly work out. Maybe I'll try again sometime. I've also tried to have a mystery egg trade shop.

Sprite art: I want to do two things: 1) Spotlight the good spriters, and 2) Help the not-so-good spriters get better. I want to do this so that there is a feeling of unity amongst the community (see what I did there?). Some are intimidated by the really good spriters, like Grace and Speed, and by helping the newer people become better, they could be more active in the board, thus improving it (hopefully).

Trivia/ Games: I know this sounds odd, but I want to have like "Quiz Bowls", if you will. Members could get together a team of 5 or so and go head-to-head with other teams around the board. It would be tournament style, and there would be some kind of points/prize system. I also want to tighten the rules on what types of games and how many of that type can be active at one time, to reduce repetitiveness.

I may still seem like a "new" member, but I really do like this forum. I'm a member of like five Pokemon forums, but this is one that I regularly come to (I'm busy during the school year, and will be much more active in the summer) and I've enjoyed my time here. I want to help make this forum the best Pokemon forum on the entire Internet!

... Also, I've always wanted to say "Zero." on the Count to 50 Before a Mod Posts thread.

Thanks. Your people will call my people?

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Elecii Offline

Roleplay, Creative Writing, Art Boards {Sprite Art specifically} -- I feel that these three boards aren't active enough. I want to help to bring them back to the activeness they deserve.

The roleplay board hasn't had enough activity. There is a roleplay I last posted in three moths ago there, which has remained on the second page. I want to bring activity in the roleplay boards back up.

The creative writing board is still fairly active, but I feel that it deserves more attention. I hope to help get the activity of this board up again.

The art boards are probably the most active of the three I have mentioned. I specifically am going to focus on the Sprite Boards at this moment, though, because it is a board that a have a great interest in. I want to help others to become better spriters, so that there can be more activity and more people want to start spriting and therefore increase the activity of the board.

I have had a few sprite shops and a gallery in the Sprite boards, and used to actively post in the GSS (before I took a hiatus and before it became less active). I have run a few different roleplays, and participated in many. I also used to have a fanfiction, but I didn't have the focus to continue it which is why it died.

For the roleplay boards, I wish to help the newbies to the board become better writers, and to help them to make their RPs and SUs for other RPs interesting so that lots of people join or they get accepted and have a unique character that stands out, while it not being perfect and better than the others. I hope to create a guide for new roleplayers which can guide them to making amazing roleplays and unique sign ups for other roleplays. I also hope to boost activity by maybe holding a roleplaying contest of sorts (haven't thought too far into detail on this yet).

For the creative writing boards, I hope to guide new writers on their way to becoming great writers, by making a general guide to a few rules of writing, and then a more in depth guide which can help the more experienced writers who have more experience in writing to improve even further. I am not the best writer myself (definitely not, I know that) and I know I have far to improve, but I wish to help the new writers to understand the basics of writing.

For the sprite art boards, I hope to be able to boost the activity of galleries, projects and shops so that more people become inspired to write. I hope to get more people involved with spriting so that the board becomes more active. I personally hope to boost the activity by posting more, and am on my way to doing that now, but I hope that I could make a bigger difference, and to help the new spriters to improve their skills.

I have run a few forums of my own, and been a moderator on quite a few as well. I was a moderator on a new forum which the owner planned on making really big and popular (it was fairly popular for a new forum) but it got hacked by one of the admins, but we never truly figured out who, and therefore had to shut down.

i can't love you more than this
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Which board(s) are you applying for and why? (In no particular order)
Art, Creative Writing, and Role Play (but please only give me one! Velocities have short attention-spans!)

Well, as you can see from my sexy brownness I'm an ASBL official. I have been reffing for a massively long time (practically since I signed on; if I remember properly ASBL is what I signed on for), which is a test of writing skills no matter who you ask. I have started a couple of roleplays (that never went anywhere, mostly because I had dumb ideas and was too silly to realize their dumbness.) I have participated in several roleplays. As pertains to art... Well, I don't think anyone on pe2k has seen my art, except for my Oldy McOld sprites and my ever-changing avatars! But art is one of the things where I actually know what I'm talking about, trust me! I also technically run (not-so) Weekly Reading, although due to my forgetfulness and recent shenanigans it hasn't been updated recently!

What ideas do you have/what do you want to accomplish/change for the board(s) you applied for? (In order of original listing)
  • Art
    Well, I love art. A lot. A lot. And people tell me I'm good at it sometimes! I would like to bring up activity on the art forums by hosting contests, as well as posting guides and tutorials so that newer members can have a good foundation. I'm not that good at teaching but I know what I'm talking about 50% of the time. I think that I could, in fact, start an Academy similar to Grace's pixel academy, to help people learn. If there is anything I can do so that the internet will burn my eyes a little less I will gladly do it!
    Also, I could help out with the Sprite forums as well, but I haven't done much spriting of late so I'm rather rusty. Not to say I'm not trying to get back in the swing of it. ;)
  • Creative Writing
    I love to write, too. I am one of the most literate people I know. I read all the freaking time, and I never have less than five novel-esque ideas rolling around in my head at any given time. In the Creative Writing areas I could also create guides and tutorials for fledgeling authors! I love to improve and to help people improve. Grammar, plot-making, and characterization are just a few of the guides I could make. Also, an Academy might be helpful here, too!
  • Role-Play
    And another thing I like. This is pretty similar to Creative Writing, especially since role-playing focuses on, you guessed it, writing. I want to help boost activity in the Role Play areas - perhaps I could even add a Role-Play feature to my Weekly Reading segment? :O I would also like to help expand and amend some of our Role-Play (and Writing) guides based on the issues that many people seem to have. Also, I can be the gravedigger for the dead roleplays so that people don't post in old threads - perhaps I could lock the old threads after a certain time, unless the owner of the role-play asks for the thread to be reopened. That way no one will, in Sabi's terms, 'necropost.' :)

I honestly am not sure that I would make a good moderator! I have been rather inactive of late, although that's due in major part to Easter and computer viruses. I do believe, however, that I have at least some good ideas and would like to stretch some authority muscles to see if I have 'the gift'. Plus, I love pe2k - a lot! I want to bring in new blood to make pe2k an active hub for all sorts of discussion, art, and role-playing.
Also, no hard feelings if I don't make the cut. I'm really not that great!

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 04-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Um...Games. That's really the only one.

Well, I was in the PE2K League and I was doing fairly. I got some achievements and such for that. Oh! I have also made a semi-successful game in the Game board. (Obviously)

I personally think there could be more. Like, a challenge section (Possibly?) or maybe some area where people can post their own Pokemon fan game from Newgrounds, or something. Also, maybe something like the RP Forge, except for games. Talk about your ideas, what you like about the idea, what could be improved, and why or Wynaut (I love wordplay) you would/wouldn't play the game.

Uh...I don't feel really confident right now, given the fact that everyone else who has applied has been on longer than me...but, I feel I will do exceptional. I sometimes have a little short-attention span thing that could go on for 3 minutes or so. I'm not lying. Anyways...PLAY MOAR THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU!
That is all. :)P

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 AM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Art Boards

I am involved In artwork Like graphic art/sprite art along with being active in URPG.

I have plans to increase activity in the arts sections by creating more activity's and contests for people to participate in along with prices to keep people inspired. I want to accomplish raising the activity and helping others out along with enforcing the rules and keeping the art boards with as little spam as possible!

A lot of the art mods on this site have left and I feel that it is time for someone to take there place who can maintain activity and continue to contribute and help others.

Last edited by JokesterJesse; 04-15-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Shiny Jolteon's Moderator Application

Trivia and Games Board.

I'm a Staff member, I have had many achievements in the Trading, Battling, and the WFL areas. I have many posts and activities in the games board from previous times. I am also involved in ASB, POL, VPP, and much more. I have been the Leader of a WAR team, participated in debate, have been a co-leader of a clan, and will be the co-leader for an up-coming clan.

Since there are now no moderators to occupy the Trivia and Games board and since it is active, we need a moderator there. If I am picked for the position, I will improve activity by increasing the number of trivia and games by making new game threads while deleting very old games, such us those that have not been posted in for years. Naughty games will also be deleted for the young ones browsing PE2K. I want to organize and have a nice and clean Trivia and Games board!

I know my inactivity has been an issue, but, I am here to stay and I have come back with a passionate flare for PE2K! I plan to become active and participate in PE2K activities as much as I can! I also know my way around the forum and have many great friends here! I hope to improve PE2K's Trivia and Games board for all to enjoy! I want to make the games board more active so members see the games, and play them. They can make friends here and have another reason to come back to PE2K!

I also help people around PE2K by answering questions and giving advise. I tell people who ask where to post their ideas and topics and where things belong.
I respect everyone at PE2K and welcome new members, and I give my best to those who are troubled and sympathize with them. I will give anyone advise who asks and I advise members to ask anything that is troubling them.

I am on usually when there are no moderators on. I am frequently the only PE2K Staff member on when I am on. (Including Global Moderators, Moderators, Officials, Staff...etc.)

I have great spelling, and awesome grammatical skills as well, so members can understand my typing. Likewise, I have a high maturity level for my age and I am very kind to everyone. I treat everyone equally with respect and dignity. Many look up to me as I am staff, and I try my best to be an ideal role model to members.

I have been making the Trivia and Games board more active too.

(Posted in " 'Ban' The Person Above You.")
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-six View Post
ironically banned for making the boards more active…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596 View Post
Banned for thinking that SJ is making the boards active, or that PE2K in a whole is active at all. :3
Thank you! Best of luck to all! :)

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 04-16-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:44 AM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Smile Re: Moderator Applications

Pokemon General decision, Pokemon Black

I have been A active member shared as much knowledge as i Can about pokemon!

I'll l leave that too the admin's i'll just protect the boards I'm in charge of the best I can!
----------------------------------
Thanks brandon_g
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Quaza529 Offline

Interactive

I have tried to keep up and active as long as i can, i tried to follow rules and help out other people,i love to help and usually stays on for about 18 hours coming on and off at times

examine and help anyone to follow rules
help anyone in need
i won't ignore someone and solve their problems
i think i could give suggestions for role-play and game boards

i work well with others and don't complain.

Like a Baws
Old 04-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

The Creative Writing & Role Play boards.
Creative Writing- Because we REALLY need some overhaul in there. We have great, no, amazing writers, but their stories NEVER get critiqued because the board is dead. Heck, that's why my IA and story died.

Role Play- I personally love this board. I'm on it every day multiple times, checking out RP's and organizing my own. One thing I always run into while in an RP is "Wait, who's that?" or "Who's ________?" which usually leads to running back to the SU page, just to find that the creator dosen't post that material on the front page, so you need to search, etc, etc. I really think a new sub-forum in a sub-forum by the name of "Character Bios" would do us wonders in organization. Sure, it would take creators longer, but it would save the posters a lot of time.

Um...well...I-I made two stories! W-Well, they died...and so did my IA...but that's why I want to fix it! I was also in two RP's that died, sooo...yeah. Not much more to this, aha...hah...ha. But I'm a Staff member, but then again, the Times died, and that's the reason I was...

Whoops, I wrote that up there. Well, essentially, I want to make the Creative Writing board a much better and exciting place, and I want to add a new sub-forum in the SU sub-forum, so that it's easier for RPers to find information when it comes to characters, so they don't feel like it's a chore and might not drop the RP they're in which would lead to more RPs and a more active board. *deep inhale* and that's about it.

Well, I'm quite active, already check the front page of the SU/RP section daily, and any new posts in them, ditto for the Creative Writing section. I'm not going to preach about how good I am, because I'm just not that kinda guy. In the short time I've been in PE2K, I already know we need some improvements, and I'd like to help make them. Hey, if I don't make the mod position, could you still have a Character Bios forum? I know I probably won't make it, I haven't been here long enough, but that forum would be amazing.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 PM
LS Offline

Other boards

Member since 2005 xd
Been in a number of groups(Alpha Guild,Octupus Babies, etc)
Participated in a number of WAR events
Active member (22nd of this month makes 7 years)
Want whats best for this forum!

Try to revive this forum since activity has been really low.
Create more excitement, give people a reason to keep coming back and constantly check threads.

I just want this forum to be back to what it used to be. I'l do what I can, and hopefully with the help of other mods, we'll succeed
Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolar View Post
URPG, That was one of the first places I visited on PE2K and they welcomed me as one of their own. I want to give back to the people there.

I have been in the URPG for around 4 years now and have slowly moved up the ranks. I haven't been in charge of anything, but I plan on working hard and changing that.

PE2K member's activity has gone way down and URPG has about 100 active members who check it daily, but sadly they all moved to BMG. If we can convince them to come back to PE2K we can boost the number of active members here by quite a bit. And even in the URPG there are changes that need to be made. People tend to cheat and I feel that if I become a moderator I can stop that and change their course for the better.

Being a good leader is one of the traits many people at my school say I have. I have been the President of our school's Student Council and National Junior Honor Society. I hope that if I get the chance to be a moderator, I can bring PE2K back to its former glory one step at a time.
You can't apply to be a moderator for the URPG boards. They have their own set of mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Please note, we are accepting applications for all boards on the forum except for the URPG, ASB and POL which are governed by their own staff.

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Closed Thread