Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Cepheus Offline

Default Re: What stupid things did you do?

I played Red version first..

I sued to call potion Pottin (like rotten)... Kind of lame... But to this day... I still call it Pottin even though I know how to properly say Potion...

I would randomly restart the game too... Even before I had beaten the Elite 4... Just because I wanted to choose a differest starter.... Eventually figured out that Bulbasaur was my favorite so I stuck with him...
Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM
bobandbill Offline

Send a message via MSN to bobandbill

There's a bunch of things - one that comes to mind is in my first playthrough of Silver was refusing to trade the useless Red Scale for the Exp Share with Mr Pokemon.

'Tis a parody of the game with more explanations than you can shake a pastry at.
[Banner by cieux of sppf]

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributers!

Why should you? Well, Wyanut?
Old 08-16-2011, 04:11 AM
Dark Umbreon Offline

When I got pokemon red I used to think that you weren't allowed to turn off your gameboy after you save. ( Saving do not turn off power)
Old 12-02-2011, 04:55 PM
morphin Offline

i was very young when i got my first pokemon game and i was not able to read.... so i always pressed the button A in a fight and all time xD

when i was finally able to read, i played only up to the point when i beat misty and have to leave the town... but i didnt saw the hole in the wall of the house i had to go through.
the graphic art was simply to bad

(i hope you understand me^^)
Old 12-09-2011, 09:09 PM
DJBird Offline

Well ... I started playing in DPPt so I was used to the Class Split, so when I started to play GSc, I was using like Swords Dance with Bite, not knowing it was special ...
Old 12-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

Talking Re: What stupid things did you do?

I can't remember stupid things I've done throughout Pokemon games cause I have always played counciously.

Maybe... when I didn't understand English very well, I could use moves without knowledge about their functions, I just pressed A button all the time... this could be very stupid. Nowadays a see that Pokemon is a very complicated game, and playing it without reading could be a very hard way to progress.

Last edited by Swampert Guy; 12-30-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:04 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

I remember I traded away a shiny Pokemon way back because it wasn't evolved and I wanted an evolved Pokemon. Haven't seen a shiny since.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 01-06-2012, 02:27 PM
goldwynaut Offline

on red i named myself 9 9 8 7, choose bulbasaur, and almost only trained my starter so i ended up with a
lv86 venusaur
lv65pidgeot
and other very underlevled pokemon that i always switched out thenever i chatched a new one. also, then oak,s aid sait he,d reward me then i chatched 40 different kinds of pokemon or something i chatched lots of geodudes and zubats, also, thel my cousin came over and told me how to get to cinnabar island, i looked for swim instead of surf in the tm chase, i spendt 1 huor or so trying to find out. and i accidently deleted my file then i started a new game for fun, not to save it but just cuz i was bored and had nothing to do, i choose charmander, and couldnt beat brock, then i got tired from walking over from the PkMn center to the gym, i saved the game in front of brock, ignoring the ``it already exist another save file´´warning, i defeated brock, and then i got over to mt.moon i realised what i had done and shouted NO NONONONONONONONO! THIS IS A DREAM I DIDNT DO IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! but i didnt cry, for some reason

Last edited by goldwynaut; 01-06-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
david26 Offline

In the yellow edition I made severyl cities and trained each of my pokemon 10 levels higer. I didn`t save the whole time. When I remebered saving and already clicked on the option my gameboy batteries ran out
Old 04-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Lamberterin Offline

How about making your own chocks out of large machine nuts and thin climbing cord. And then using them on a medium that more resembled dirt than rock. The lead rope we used was just the cheap rope they sell at army navy, and I think I used it to pull my car out of a ditch the winter before!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Chrunch Offline

Back in Red I really wanted an Alakazam and Gengar, but I didn't know that you had to trade to evolve and I raised them both to level 80 or something. -__- Then someone told me I had to trade them.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

In Gold, my first game, I had a Shiny Cyndaquil the first time I started... I didn't like the purple coloring, so I restarted. It wasn't until a while later my brother told me I had released a shiny and how rare they were!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:03 PM
JustinDew Offline

My first pokemon game was Blue, and I always got up to Misty's gym, beat the snot out of her and could not for the life of me figure out how to continue. I had restarted the game at least four times before I figured it out. Keep in mind I was like twelve at the time..

How I got to be A pikachu IDK!