Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default [IA] The Lost One

aaaand Velo's back. Hope you didn't miss me too much! I hope you're ready for one roller-coaster ride of an IA!

Quote:
Welcome to The Lost One! You now have ??? in your inventory! Your Rest Level is 92%! Your Stomach Level is 37%! Your Thirst Level is 79%! Your Health Level is 71%! Your Party consists of Yourself (Nameless)! Your ??? Level is 100%! Your location is Ambiguous Ghost Town!
A scream. A face. A flash of lightning, a terrible roar. Pain, greater pain than you could ever dream. And then it's over, and it all fades into nothingness.

You open your eyes and immediately regret it because even that simple action hurts you terribly. You start to moan, but you cut off the sound because that hurts too. For a while you just lie there, your body throbbing, in too much pain to do anything other than lie still.

It's a long time later when the pain finally retreats to your forehead - and your growling stomach. When this happens, you cautiously open your eyes, and your patience is rewarded by a lack of immediate agony. However, whether because of whatever's left you sprawled out on the floor like this or just because there's fog about, you can't see much: just grayness, and the dark hulks of tall buildings.

Something green moves into your field of vision, along with glaringly yellow accents. Soft fur tickles your face. Suddenly you're looking into a pair of bright red eyes as a furry green face stares at you in concern. You recognize this Pokemon immediately: Electrike. Although you admit that you don't think they're supposed to have red eyes.

"Whew, you're awake! I was worried you were dying. That would have been awful, since you're one of the Chosen."

You're pretty sure Electrikes aren't supposed to talk, either, but somehow it doesn't seem all that surprising to you. You manage to nudge the Electrike aside, but when you try to sit up your entire body begins to throb again. You hear the Electrike speaking again: "Easy, easy. Even you aren't immune to electricity. It might take you a while to recover from that lightning strike."

You ease yourself back down to the ground. "Lightning strike?"

"Yeah. Don't you remember?"

You're about to answer that no, you don't remember, and now that you think about it you find you can't remember much of anything, when you hear new voices. They're too distant for you to hear them, but you can see the Electrike stiffen at the corner of your vision. "Harbingers," mutters the little green canine. "This is not good. They know you're here; they're looking for you. We have to get you out of here. Now."


>________
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 04-09-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Socratic Sarcasm's Avatar
Socratic Sarcasm Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: My neural circuits
Posts: 683
Default Re: [IA] The Lost One

>Attempt to divulge as much as possible with regards to what precisely the HELL is going on. Then, genre savvy indicates to follow the Electrike, since he called you a "Chosen", which appears to entail a hard journey as opposed to being thrown into a volcano as a human sacrifice to appease the fickle goddess Aki-Aki.
__________________
Avatar by Velocity!



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: [IA] The Lost One

Quote:
Welcome to The Lost One! You now have ??? in your inventory! Your Stamina Level is 73%! Your Stomach Level is 37%! Your Thirst Level is 79%! Your Health Level is 71%! Your ??? Level is 100%! Your Party consists of Yourself (Nameless)! Your location is Ambiguous Ghost Town!

> Attempt to divulge as much as possible with regards to what precisely the HELL is going on. Then, genre savvy indicates to follow the Electrike, since he called you a "Chosen", which appears to entail a hard journey as opposed to being thrown into a volcano as a human sacrifice to appease the fickle goddess Aki-Aki.


The Electrike nudges you to your feet, no matter how much you moan and curse at him. You're still almost dying of sheer pain, but he tells you, "Trust me, electric aftermath is less painful than what the Harbingers will do."

"Who the hell are the Harbingers?" you ask, trying to find out as much as you can. The Electrike called you a Chosen One or something, which means he's probably trying to keep you alive, but that doesn't necessarily mean you don't want answers from him. You're not very into blind trust, after all!

Red eyes give you a hard, scrutinizing stare. "You... Oh my Arceus you got amnesia. This is just perfect!" The little Electric-type shakes his green, fuzzy head. "Look, we'll play twenty questions later. Right now we need to move!"

He then headbutts your ankle, sending a jolt of static up your leg. You're shocked at how good the jolt feels; how much more awake it makes you. You have just enough energy to make it into the space behind a pile of old shipping crates before you collapse completely. The Electrike nestles in beside you, peering out from your meager shelter. You look too, and manage to see a couple of people walking through the fog, each carrying some sort of rifle. Beside them stalks a lumbering brute of a Pokemon with dark brown, craggy skin and a huge silver drill jutting from its ugly face. You recognize it almost immediately: Rhyperior.

"Not good, not good," hisses the Electrike. "We won't be able to fight them except tooth and nail, thanks to that beast's Lightningrod ability." Not that we could fight them before. Those guys would shoot you as soon as look at you. Well, they'd probably just shoot you in the leg or something. Me they'd let their Rhyperior eat!" by the end of his sentence he's beginning to sound hysterical.

...What? you think, but all you say is "Shh!" You can hear the 'Harbingers' talking faintly and want to know what they're saying. The Electrike whimpers but then goes silent.

"... said he was here. Or she. ****, I don't know. All I know is there was a storm, so we're looking for unusual-looking Electric-types. This one's probably Zapdos. If I had to guess."

"Because your professional opinion is so valuable," the other retorts. "How do you know it's not some other storm-causer? If it's Lugia -"

"Then we've still got our own weapons," the first Harbinger shrugs. He starts to say something else, and you shift closer to hear, accidentally bumping your shoulder against the crates and knocking a can to the ground. Before you can snatch it back it rolls out onto the street. The Rhyperior has stopped and now the Harbingers have stopped, too. "What's the matter, Rhyperior? Hear something?"

The Rhyperior lifts a muscular arm, pointing straight at the can. Immediately the Harbingers and the Rhyperior are moving toward your hiding place. Beside you the Electrike begins to shake with fear and mutter to itself, "I have to be strong, I'm a protector; I have to be strong, I'm a protector. Oh who am I kidding we're about to die!"

You aren't quite at the panicking stage, but you're sure scared. You can't remember a thing, you're incredibly weak, and your only weapon is a petrified Electrike against two people with firearms and a Rhyperior. What are you going to do?


>________
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Socratic Sarcasm's Avatar
Socratic Sarcasm Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: My neural circuits
Posts: 683
Default Re: [IA] The Lost One

>Run. Don't care about how crappy you feel. Run.
__________________
Avatar by Velocity!



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com