Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Re: ASB Discussion and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle-flag View Post
^^Not sure if that^^ was supposed to be a Daft Punk reference... One More Time? But whatever. And that is a lot of money... Does that work by ads?
I'm assuming the site gains 5 cents every time somebody views the ads on each page, and there are two.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by paperfairy; 10-20-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle-flag View Post
^^Not sure if that^^ was supposed to be a Daft Punk reference... One More Time? But whatever. And that is a lot of money... Does that work by ads?
No that was a direct refference to one of the ending themes from Pokemon 4Ever, but I appreciate the Daft Punk option you had. ^^

It all makes me wanna work more for ASB and the forum all together it does it does.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:38 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

On the topic of ways to increase activity, maybe a tournament or some other event. I know nothing gets me involved like the prospect of winning stuff. I know that a tournament may not work because the battles are probably the slowesr part of the ASB at the moment, but maybe something else?

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
On the topic of ways to increase activity, maybe a tournament or some other event. I know nothing gets me involved like the prospect of winning stuff. I know that a tournament may not work because the battles are probably the slowesr part of the ASB at the moment, but maybe something else?
I agree with sammy. I think if there was one big tournament where all the refs focused on that for a...week or so, or however long it took, then I think people would start to get more interested. So I second this :)

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 PM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

The tournament doesn't sound like a bad idea.

The major issue I have with the ASB is how long it takes before your battle actually gets reffed. I can post a move, and then wait for 2 months before it gets reffed. In my opinion we need more ref's. However, I don't have that good of an idea on how to get more. I'll most likely be applying myself, but I'm not sure how much time I would have to actually ref.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haybalebarn View Post
The tournament doesn't sound like a bad idea.

The major issue I have with the ASB is how long it takes before your battle actually gets reffed. I can post a move, and then wait for 2 months before it gets reffed. In my opinion we need more ref's. However, I don't have that good of an idea on how to get more. I'll most likely be applying myself, but I'm not sure how much time I would have to actually ref.
I also think a problem is not having enough people to get the new refs approved. If we could solve that problem, I'm sure the new refs would be itching to get their hands on some of the battles that are waiting around (I know I would).

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
eishiba Offline

A few points that I can make that have been pointed out to me in my one year span. A torunament MIGHT help some. The problem is that I don't really know how BIG it could be. A year ago there was I'd say about 20-ish people here and now there isn't nearly that number in regulars. Also, it would be hard for refs to concentrate on a week to do a tourny. We do this on our own time. Its easy to burn yourself out though. I really feel bad that I haven't reffed a round until yesterday in almost a month and a half. I'd be interested in doing a tourny somehow, if we could get a few dedicated people. It would have to be run by the higher ups though.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

I for one would be completely open to a Grand Tournament, only... It wouldn't be very grand. We have like four active members, and maybe seven if you count the sporadically active ones. As for referee inactivity, I'm going to try to get on the ball with reffing, and you guys should too! It earns you money, and it helps the ASBL be more active and therefore awesome. If you want to keep discussing a Tournament though, I'm all ears.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 PM
eishiba Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I for one would be completely open to a Grand Tournament, only... It wouldn't be very grand. We have like four active members, and maybe seven if you count the sporadically active ones. As for referee inactivity, I'm going to try to get on the ball with reffing, and you guys should too! It earns you money, and it helps the ASBL be more active and therefore awesome. If you want to keep discussing a Tournament though, I'm all ears.
I honestly think this could grow some. Most of the complaints I have heard is having to wait two months before your battle is reffed. If we could cut that down to reffing battles at maybe a week or two, i think that might help it grow.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
If I get approved I'll help as much as I can!! I'm glad that the "higher powers" are listening to us mere mortals *bows to Velocity*

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 04-16-2012, 09:31 PM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

Yeah, and I'm working on a ref application right now, but we'll see whether I'm good enough to actually ref. There's also the issue where even if I am able to ref, I'm not sure how much time I would be able to sink into it, as I do quite a few other things, and don't have a lot of free time.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
If I get approved I'll help as much as I can!! I'm glad that the "higher powers" are listening to us mere mortals *bows to Velocity*
Oh shush.
Anyway, have you applied? If you have I'll check on your approval status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haybalebarn View Post
Yeah, and I'm working on a ref application right now, but we'll see whether I'm good enough to actually ref. There's also the issue where even if I am able to ref, I'm not sure how much time I would be able to sink into it, as I do quite a few other things, and don't have a lot of free time.
Never hurts to try. ;)

Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

A tournament may encourage more activity, but they also tend to take a very long time from start to finish. The only tournament that ever happened in this league (the Gym Leader Tournament from the old league) took about a year to get a winner, by which time most of the competitors had ended up leaving. Of course, if we could get enough activity from the refs it might be shorter, but tournaments tend to be a long term project.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantoBreeder View Post
A tournament may encourage more activity, but they also tend to take a very long time from start to finish. The only tournament that ever happened in this league (the Gym Leader Tournament from the old league) took about a year to get a winner, by which time most of the competitors had ended up leaving. Of course, if we could get enough activity from the refs it might be shorter, but tournaments tend to be a long term project.
I'd be willing to give a Tournament priority when I go to ref. That's a good point, though, KB. We'd have to get all the refs to ref the Tournament in a timely manner and I'm not sure how to do that!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:39 PM
eishiba Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantoBreeder View Post
The tourny may take a while. But there should be prizes for winning. Some kind of item, a free first stage pokemon, or something. Prizes always suck people into games.