Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default The Canalave Library (for all writers to contribute!)

Greetings, kind sir or madame. We duly wish you a humble welcome to...

The Canalave Library

Where the aged tales of pokémon may seek passage through the generations.

You see, kind sir/madam, centuries and centuries ago, when pokémon did not possess certain aspects of their refined character, a library's door was unsealed for the first time to express the extravagance of such delights as ancient lore. However, the in the library's prime days, a disaster struck, and it fell to ruin. You stand now before the mighty incarnation of that library. This ingress to a detailed insight on ancient philosophies is the fundamental knowledge we have, as a contemporary people, long misplaced due to the catastrophe that scattered previously gathered knowledge. This library aims to salvage that which became adrift so that the legends of antiquity refrain from resulting in entombment once more.

We do implore all citizens who harbour details of such legends to emerge from hidden shadows and relinquish their nobly protective embrace on their legend's secrets, so that it may arise from acrid haze and take wing with the explicit intent to meet the library doors and eventually realise its place among welcoming shelves.

With help such as yours, our precious collection may expand in all its glory, with your name printed upon the book's spine. Do not hesitate to share with us your veiled erudition.

Enquiries:

(Just quietly, I tend to write my folklore in relatively simple writing that is not full of complicated words or expressions, so it's kind of like a children's storybook. You can choose how to write it though, obviously, and it does not have to be in this fashion.)

Containing which type of content does the Canalave Library wish submissions to consist of?
The Canalave Library accept submissions that detail a pokémon's history, such as how a species gained an aspect of its character. For example, you may encounter a dusty book which explains the reason for a specific feature a pokémon exists, and details the story founding it.

Of which approximate length would be considered appropriate?
Folklore can be of differing lengths, and do not have a maximum length. The minimum length is one thousand words.

How should I submit my folklore?
You may respond to this thread as if it were any other thread; all discussion and submissions may be posted regularly, so do not hesitate to submit a piece of lore here. As previously stated, all discussion will take place in this thread. There is no need to private message any of the librarians to have your submission displayed; the formalities lie only within this post. We will not link outside of the library, so if you wish to have your submission displayed, post it to this library. The address can be found by clicking "New Post" down the bottom or at the top of the library entrances.

Am I permitted to casually converse in this library?
As long as you do not shout, all conversation here is accepted, as long as it is along the lines of the library submissions. The archive is in this thread alone, so do not think that it is unacceptable to communicate regularly when you submit your post, or when somebody else posts a legend you wish to commend them for unearthing.

Rules and Regulations
#1 ~ Please treat your fellow library visitor with utmost respect.
#2 ~ Please do not express unnecessary conversation that is considered jibberish or of few words. Incorporate a conscious effort when producing your language. Etiquette is preferred.
#3 ~ It is allowed that you may critique others' submissions as if you would a regular narrative.
#4 ~ You may submit an alternate form of folklore for a pokémon who has already had its tale accounted for. There are differing forms of legend, and the more adaptations we employ, the more beneficial for the library.
#5 ~ Ensure these antiquities are of your own discovery. You may not submit tales which were not founded by your hand.

**Important**
The librarians are entitled to reject a submission if it is not of proper standard. Submissions may be asked to be improved before they are added into our archive. Otherwise, librarians shall ask permission of the submitter to edit and refine grammar and wording themselves. You agree to this upon submission.

As you may plainly view...our collection is...not of copious amounts. We ardently await submissions...

The Canalave Library Archive:

Legends of Kanto
How Charmander got its Fire - Charmander009
How Magikarp and Feebas Came to be - Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Legends of Johto
How Typhlosion Learned Wild Charge - Shiny Jolteon

Legends of Hoenn
How Spinda got their Spots - Graceful_Suicune
How Salamence got their Wings - Graceful_Suicune
How Magikarp and Feebas Came to Be - Pokemon Trainer Sarah
How Kirlia Became the Emotion Pokémon

Legends of Sinnoh

Legends of Unova

Please do enjoy the exhibit! Thank you for attending.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 06-08-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: The Canalave Library (for all writers to contribute!)

A reserved post for any complications or other such reasons.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

And another reserved post to ensure no such problems.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:26 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Hey, posh doppelganger! 8D I have a submission. :P

How Spinda got their Spots

One fine morning, Spinda the spinda was tottering back and forth, trying to keep her balance as she stumbled along a grassy path. She tottered left and right, and then straight for a second or two. She was used to it though, because it was normal for a spinda.

After a while, she gave a yawn and decided to take a break against a nice tree. It was fairly comfy and she felt calm and relieved to rest her sore, tired feet. They were sore and tired because of her exhausting journey to find something for her friend, Spunda. It was Spunda’s birthday and Spinda wanted to get her something pretty and worthwhile. Spanda and Spindie had already gotten her a present, a feast of berries and fruit that took them both a long time to gather. Spinda had been at the feast and ate some of the food, and after that she decided to go and look for a present because she hadn’t gotten one yet.

Up ahead were tall, brown mountains, and she could feel the air becoming warmer while she was travelling. All she had to do was pass the tall trees on both sides of the path and then she could climb the mountain, but she did not know what was on the other side.

“It sure is a nice day today,” Spinda said with a smile. She lay down and looked up at the sky as she watched the clouds blow past.

Suddenly she felt something tickle her nose. She reached up and swatted something from nearby, but it came straight back. Curious, she sat up and turned around, only to discover a red and orange flower with big petals and a long, bending stalk.

“Wow,” she said in amazement, plucking the stem from the ground. “This is perfect! I can give it to Spanda for her birthday present.”

Spinda decided to go home after that, and so she followed the path, saying hello to lots of other friendly pokémon on the way. After the long time of a whole hour, she finally arrived back at her home. She lived near some rocks that created perfect walls for houses, and the long palm leaves over the top made nice roofs.

She spotted Spanda, Spunda and Spindie throwing an oran berry between themselves and called out, “Spanda, I got you a present!”

Spanda, Spunda and Spindie ran wonkily over to Spinda, and they all looked very excited. “Oh, another present?” asked Spanda.

Spinda pulled the flower from behind her and held it out to her friend, and Spanda smiled. “Happy birthday, Spanda!”

“Thank you very much!” she cheered, but as she reached out to grab it, Spinda tottered the wrong way and fell over! She landed on the flower and quickly got up. But all the petals had fallen off, and the stem was crinkled.

“Oh no!” Spinda cried, and tried to put the petals back on. But it wouldn’t work. “I’m very sorry!” Spinda sat down and began feeling very foolish and sad for falling over.

“That’s okay,” Spanda said calmly. “It’s nice enough that you thought to get me a present.”

“I know! I can go get you another one,” suggested Spinda, and Spanda lightened up.

Just as Spinda began to feel a bit better, Spindie said, “Wait a moment!” He moved closer to the flower, picked it up in his paws, and began studying it. “This...is a Magma Daisy,” he exclaimed.

“A Magma Daisy?” gasped Spunda, surprised by Spindie’s answer. “They grow near lava, don’t they?” Spinda was ready to shake her head, because that’s not where she found hers. “Aren’t they also known as the Sacred Flowers?”

“Yes,” answered Spunda with a thoughtful face. He looked at Spinda. “Where did you get this?”

Spinda was suddenly scared because she thought she might have done the wrong thing! “I-I found it! It t-tickled my nose!”

“It’s not a good idea to go and pick another one,” Spindie said firmly. “It’s forbidden.”

“Oh,” Spunda began sadly, “but it’s so pretty...” She looked down, and Spinda guessed she was disappointed that her birthday present turned out to be something she couldn’t keep.

“We can find another present,” Spunda offered, but Spinda turned away.

“...I don’t care if I’m not allowed to!” she shouted, and everyone fell silent. “I want to pick another one for Spanda! Because it’s my present to her.”

“Spinda, no!” called Spunda. “You’ll be punished if you go near the place where the Magma Daisies grow!”

Spinda stopped, and Spanda said, “You don’t have to get me another one.”

“I want to!” snapped Spinda before she kept tottering down the path she was on earlier.

“It’s not fair...” Spinda sniffed, wiping her eyes with her paw. “Spunda and Spindie got Spanda a present, and I have to get her one too!” She stumbled on a rock and fell over, and she was just about ready to give up. “This is too hard... I can’t do it!” she yelled.

Suddenly she looked up, and the spinda realised something. She saw that tree. The nice looking tree she leaned against just before the Magma Daisy tickled her nose. She had made it! Spinda got to her feet and jumped for joy – but had to be careful not to lose her balance – and began tottering down the path once again, passing the tree she’d been to before.

She teetered and stumbled her way to the base of the mountain after walking unsteadily between trees blanketed with ash, and she gasped. “This mountain must actually be a volcano! One of the ones the Magma Daisies grow on, too.”

She began climbing, using rocks poking out as steps and as things to grab. She nearly slipped a few times, but quickly regained her balance and kept climbing. She stopped to rest half way up, and she couldn’t help but feel a little bit cold. “This makes no sense,” she said. “I thought volcanoes were hot.” She was warm at the same time, but she felt almost worried.

She began to feel the heat once she reached the top, and she was surprised when she saw that this volcano had rocks placed like steps leading down to a piece of ground inside the volcano, and spread in front of that was a large pool of lava. Magma Daisies were growing everywhere on the inside of the volcano, but none were in the right spot. However, on the other side of the lava was another rocky section, but there was a small ledge with three of the flowers she wanted to get. They were the only ones in reach!

Spinda felt tingles down her spine, but she was determined to find a Magma Daisy for Spanda. After all, Spanda would have done it for her...wouldn’t she?

Spinda hopped down the steps and finally reached the rocky ground, and stared out across the lava. There were stepping stones all around, and she was happy to find that they didn’t sink as she stepped on the first one. Any other pokémon would have been crazy to do such a thing, but Spinda knew that she had to do this. So she kept hopping, but at one point her foot slipped, just like when she was climbing, and she was nearly touching the lava! But she squirmed and hauled her legs back onto the rock. “Is this really worth it?” she wondered, rather frightened.

As she got to her unsteady feet and hopped to the next stepping stone, Spunda’s words repeated in Spinda’s head: “You’ll be punished if you go near the place where the Magma Daisies grow!”

And suddenly a whistling sound made her jump. She almost decided to head back and get Spanda a different birthday gift, but she had come so far, and she was only five stepping stones away from the ledge! She swallowed hard and made a wonky jump, and landed with a thump on the rock.

But then the lava jumped up and splashed her on the face, and she screamed, completely taken by surprise. It didn’t hurt that much, but it had hurt enough! She stood up and turned to the ledge again to make a final decision, but another bit of lava leaped out of the large pool and landed over her eye, and then more flew onto her ears. She roared in pain and turned back around, beginning to bound away until she was on the rock again. She backed up against the wall and touched all the places she had been struck. She yelped as she felt how painful it was, and she began to cry.

Suddenly a voice boomed, “Spinda!”

Spinda jumped out of her fur as she threw her head around, trying to find the pokémon who spoke. “W-what do you want?”

“Because of your disobedience, you and your kind will be punished with spots. Spots on your face and spots on your ears,” it said.

“But why?” Spinda called sadly, still crying.

“You were warned, but you did not listen. I, the almighty Volcano Pokémon, will give you these marks as punishment with my special lava, and as a reminder that no pokémon is to ever touch these sacred flowers.”

Spinda needed no further convincing. She scrambled up the rocks – nearly fell – and dashed down the mountain side.

She would never disobey anyone again.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 04-28-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Aaaaaand another one.

How Salamence Got Their Wings

One day, a small bagon, Bagon, was relaxing by the side of a river. His brother and sister were playing a game of tag, and his parents were sitting nearby.

The small bagon waddled up to his parents and observed them. They were both very large and blue all over. Their bellies and chests were covered in long white plates, and they had strong legs and a tail. They looked very mighty and powerful, but Bagon couldn’t help but think something was missing. Something important.

“Mother, how fast can you run?” asked Bagon.

“Not very fast, dear one,” she replied, lowering her head to her child’s height.

“Father, how high can you jump?” he asked his father.

“Not very high, son.”

Bagon thought for a moment, putting a paw to his chin. “But if you can’t jump high and can’t run fast, then how do you win battles?”

“We are powerful pokémon,” his mother answered, and his father nodded in agreement.

But Bagon knew something was missing. He wanted to fly.

Years later, when Bagon had become a salamence, he had changed his name to Salamence and changed his look. He no longer lived with his parents or his brother or sister, and instead he lived in the side of a mountain. He had made a path with his sharp claws and thick tail, so that he could easily get to his home when he wanted to sleep.

The next day was Salamence’s birthday, and he was excited to see what his parents were going to give him. Last year he got a hat made of straw and leaves, but that had dried out and he had to throw it away shortly after. He hoped to get a (very large) boat this year so he could sail across the seas and meet new friends across the lands, but he knew that would take a lot of effort. But, since he was small compared with normal salamence, he thought it would not be too hard.

It was evening by the time salamence had eaten his dinner, and he looked at the darkening sky. “The clouds are pretty tonight,” he said to himself. The sky was pink, orange and yellow from all the clouds and their wonderful colour, and they were indeed pretty.

While Salamence was admiring the view, he suddenly caught sight of a tiny light between two clouds. He thought it was strange. “What’s that?” He frowned, squinting his eyes to try to see what was causing it. But he couldn’t identify what it was; it was simply too far away.

When he thought he wouldn’t be able to make it out, it grew brighter. He started to become a little bit scared and backed up. The light kept getting bigger, and at that point, Salamence realised that it was getting closer.

When it got close enough, Salamence noticed that it was actually a giant rock which was blazing with fire. He gasped and hid behind a large boulder along the path to his house, and there was a huge shattering noise as the meteor crashed into the ground and broke a tree or two. Salamence peered over the rock and came out from behind it. He watched as some of the meteor broke off and he saw a yellow and white head that was poking out of a yellow ball. At this he was confused; why would there be a pokémon on a meteor?

Out of curiosity, Salamence walked closer until he saw green tags on each end of the pokémon’s head, which looked like the top half of a star. He didn’t know what this pokémon was, but soon enough he would find out as the pokémon groaned and its little eyes opened.

Showing his bravery, Salamence stood firmly and looked at this creature again, and its body uncurled from the ball it was before. Now it was a little white body with arms and stubby legs. “Hello, there,” Salamence said slowly, and the pokémon began floating, and it smiled.

“Hi!” she replied, moving through the air with a yellow glow surrounding her. “My name is Jirachi.”

“Jirachi...” mimicked Salamence, trying to remember if he had heard about this pokémon or not.

“I will grant you one wish,” Jirachi offered, “for being the first one to see me when I awoke from my thousand year-slumber.”

“R-really?” stuttered Salamence. He couldn’t believe this! “A wish?”

“Yes,” Jirachi said happily.

Salamence thought hard. What would he want? Speed? No... Did he want to be bigger? No... “Oh! I want to fly; I want to have wings!” he exclaimed, remembering that he was both slow and unable to jump very high.

“You want wings?” asked Jirachi with a grin.

“Yes, I want all of salamence-kind to have wings! Big blue ones, just like my body.”

“Okay!” Jirachi sung, spinning around in mid-air. “When you awake, you will have the wings that you have earned.”

“It can be a birthday present!” Salamence cheered excitedly, and ran back down the path and towards his home, calling, “Thank you!” over his shoulder.

The next day, Salamence woke up. He shook his head and gave his legs a big stretch.

Then he remembered.

“The wings I wished for!” he shouted, and his neck bent around so he could see his back.

But there was nothing.

“Where are my wings?” asked Salamence sadly. “Oh,” he then said, “I must be sitting on them!” So up he got, and with a giant smile, he looked down and saw...nothing. Salamence glanced around and began searching for them. He checked under three rocks, and he still didn’t find them! “Where could they be?” Salamence asked himself. He sat down and felt his smile turn into a frown. “Jirachi must have tricked me!” he yelled, and he began to get angry.

So, with a rumbling stomp, the salamence thudded up the path and reached the meteor. He bowled the massive rock over and tore at it until it was but a pile of rubble. There was no sign of Jirachi. Salamence roared and made his way across the rocky earth that had grass growing in random places. He was looking about everywhere for Jirachi as he began to cross a bridge made of rock that hung over a wide river far, far down below.

“Help!”

Salamence stopped and turned around, and that’s when he saw something dangling from the cliff that he was just on. “Jirachi?” he wondered.

“Salamence! Please help me!” Jirachi pleaded. She looked scared and kind of sleepy as she clung tightly to some rock poking out from the side of the cliff’s wall.

“Why can’t you float?” called Salamence.

“I’m too tired! I have no energy left,” explained Jirachi as she hung.

Salamence quickly hurried back across the bridge to where he’d come, and rushed to Jirachi. He bent over as he stood on the edge, and just when he was about to pull Jirachi up, there was a loud breaking noise. Salamence looked behind him and noticed a large crack that surrounded the part of the rock he was standing on. “Oh no!” he yelped, and quickly took Jirachi into his mouth and tossed her behind him onto stable ground. But then the slab of rock broke and crumbled down the cliff side with Salamence still on it. He watched the cliff opposite him sink lower and lower as he fell, and that was the last thing he saw before blackness swallowed him.

A while later, Salamence slowly opened up eyes. He rubbed his head because it was sore, and then looked around. He was a little bit puzzled. He looked down, and saw that he was on solid rock. Then Salamence jumped up, calling out, “I’m alright!” He glanced over the ground he was standing on and saw the river closer than when he was on the bridge, but still a long way down. Then he looked up and saw the top of the cliff not that far up. When he fell, he must have landed on a ledge that saved him! Although Salamence was very happy to be alive, he then asked himself something. “How will I get back home?”

While he was thinking of a way, he felt something become itchy, and he turned around to scratch it when he saw...

“Wings!”

It was true! Sprouting from his back were two red wings in the shape of umbrellas. “They aren’t blue, but I still love them!” he called. Then he thought of something: he could use his wings to fly back home!

So he walked to the edge of the ledge. He felt fear ripple through him, but, standing tall and brave, he jumped! His wings spread widely out and began to keep him up. He flapped them, and he began to rise! “Wow!” he exclaimed, and flapped them more, and soon he was flying up, down and all around! “This is wonderful!” He flew up to the land he was on before he fell, and he saw Jirachi. He landed with a thump and looked at her with a big smile. “Thank you, Jirachi.”

“Thank you,” Jirachi said back. “I don’t know what would have happened to me if you hadn’t rescued me.”

“You’re welcome,” Salamence answered. He was about to leave, but he stopped himself. “Jirachi, do you want to celebrate my birthday with me and my family?” he asked.

“Oh, I would be delighted!” Jirachi replied, happy as can be. “But first...I need a nap,” she giggled, and Salamence laughed too.

Later that day, Salamence, his brother, his sister, his parents and Jirachi all had a party! They had all learned how they grew wings like Salamence had, and were all very amazed. And guess what? Salamence got a boat as his present! But he no longer needed it.

Because now he had wings.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 04-28-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Jolly good! Now it shall be my pleasure to contribute to this fine establishment!

How Charmander Got its Fire

Long ago, before humans made an appearance in the lives of Pokémon, there existed the first Charmander. Charmander had no fire then, living life as a simple orange lizard within holes in the ground. Yet he enjoyed his peaceful life for a time—nibbling at roots and insects—until he began to feel empty, as if something was missing in his life.

"I got everything a Charmander could want," he often contemplated, "but why do I feel like this? What am I missing?"

Then one day Charmander saw Cyndaquil and Chimchar playing on the mountainside. He watched with wonder and envy as Cyndaquil's back lit on fire and Chimchar's tail flickered with flame.

"Oh! That's what I need," Charmander concluded. "Fire! I want fire!"

But how, he pondered, could he get fire?

Charmander went to the one Pokémon who could answer his question: Xatu.

The little lizard climbed to the peak of the mountain where Xatu stared into the sun all day. Reaching the peak, he asked the strange bird his question:

"Why do you stare at the sun? Aren't your eyeballs fried?"

"Pardon?" The tall bird turned around.

"Oh, I-I mean...,"Charmander sputtered.

Xatu chuckled, "I stare into the sun because it gives me knowledge, young Charmander."

"Really? Can it tell you how I can get fire?"

"You wish to receive the power of fire?" Xatu turned to the sunset. "I will see what I can do..."

Charmander waited. And waited. And waited...

After what seemed ages, Xatu suddenly spread his wings.

"Kwwwwwwwahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Charmander jumped awake. "What? What's going on?"

"I have seen it! The only way you can obtain fire, young Charmander, is to obtain a feather from the Flame Pokémon Moltres!"

"A feather? From Moltres?" Charmander repeated in wonder. Could it really be that simple?

"Yes," Xatu nodded, folding his wings back. "Eat a feather from Moltres' wings and you will have your fire!"

Charmander thanked Xatu and left the psychic bird to its perch, with its perfect view the sunset. All through that night and the next day, the little lizard journeyed to Moltres' roost: the crown of an active volcano.

When he finally reached that destination, he saw the Legendary Bird preening its fiery feathers upon the crown of a dead tree. The little lizard couldn't help but be a little intimidated by its sheer power and majesty. Desperate for fire, however, he bravely trudged up to it.

"WHO GOES THERE?" Moltres screeched once he heard Charmander’s approach.

"Ch-Ch-Charmander...er...," Charmander stuttered, courage quickly flying at the Legend’s harsh demand. "You're Fiery-ness-ness..."

"Charmander! Why have you come?" Moltres said a little more gently.

"Well, your flaming-ness, I couldn't help but admire your burning glory..."

"Yes, go on," the vain, self-centered Moltres encouraged.

"Well, I-I was-s wondering...could I...perhaps...have one of your...f-feathers? Please?"

Moltres stared long and hard at Charmander before it threw its beak back and began laughing. Charmander was mystified, but not wanting to upset Moltres, he chuckled back uneasily. Then Moltres snapped shut and turned to the little lizard with sudden vehemence.

"Let me get this straight. You... want me to give you one of my special feathers?" He glared at poor Charmander, as if expecting him to answer.

"Please?" Charmander squeaked, quivering in fear.

"GET OFF MY MOUNTAIN!" Moltres roared.

Charmander didn't need to be told twice. He high-tailed it out of there faster than a Ponyta on a sunny day.

Once he gathered his wits, Charmander began to form a plan. He was so determined to get fire that he was daring enough to face Moltres again... if not, indirectly.

The sun descended, and night took over. Moltres settled once again into its nest to rest until the sun rays roused it the next morning. Little did it know that it was being carefully watched by two little blue eyes.

Once Moltres had fallen soundly asleep, Charmander crawled out of his hiding spot and snuck out into the open, all the while watching the bird warily. He kept imagining it waking up and unleashing a fiery wrath on him, even though the bird never stirred. Before he knew it, Charmander was within reach of a feather. He watched Moltres, letting his thumping heart calm down.

Then, he reached a shaking paw towards a feather...

Moltres warbled in his sleep.

Charmander froze, heart racing faster than ever before. But Moltres was soundly sleeping once again. Breathing a sigh of relief, he tried again, needlessly slower. His claws wrapped around one shaft, and his heart raced even faster. Ever so delicately he tugged it out.

Moltres stirred.

Charmander squeezed his eyes shut, expecting an instantaneous fiery demise, but nothing happened. He opened them again and to his greatest relief he saw that Moltres was still asleep. Its magical feather was flickering in his tiny claws. He cheered inwardly, then snuck away from Moltres’ roost. Once he cleared the volcano's crown, he examined the feather more closely. It looked as if a flame were flickering in his palms, but somehow still retained a feather-like structure.

"I did it!" Charmander congratulated himself, "I got fire!"

Dancing around in circles, he admired the feather and his good fortune. When he was finished, he raised the feather to his maw and down it went. The feather tasted like the hottest Figy berry imaginable. It filled Charmander with such energy that his eyes began to water. Seeking relief, he opened his mouth and sucked in all the cold night air he could. On the exhale, to his amazement, a stream of fire surged forth. A Flamethrower! Charmander had breathed a Flamethrower!

A horrible screech filled the air, a screech all too familiar to Charmander.

Moltres had awoken.

The lizards legs turned to jelly as the Flaming bird appeared over the lip of the volcano. Its sharp eyes easily spotted Charmander 's new flaming tail.

"YOU!" it shrilled. "YOU STOLE ONE OF MY FEATHERS!"

Charmander took off running, Moltres hot on his tail. In its rage the bird torched the earth, burning anything green around it. Grasslands started on fire, and trees were reduced to ash.

When the smoke cleared, it seemed that nothing had survived Moltres 's wrath.

Except Charmander.

He crawled out of a burrow and shook the ash and soot off of him, completely unscathed.

"WHAT!" Moltres screeched furiously. "HOW?!"

"I'll tell you how," Charmander stepped forward boldly. The energy from the feather still burned bright within him, making him feel invincible. "I'm a fire-type now! That's how!"

"You stole my feather," Moltres put the pieces together, "then you ATE it!!!"

"Yep," Charmander grinned like a proud fool.

Moltres screeched again, the loudest and harshest one yet. "You will pay for you insolence, lizard! I may not be able to harm you now, but I can still make you suffer! You can have your fire, but if that flame on the tip of your tail ever, ever goes out... your life will end!"

With that, Moltres screeched for the last time and stormed off, leaving Charmander to his own fate.

And to this day, Charmander and his decedents guard their flame, through rain or snow, wind or shine, to make sure their flame never flickered out, ever wary of Moltres’ curse.

_______

~FIN~
Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

I will eagerly accept your submission, fellow librarian! (And xDD at your message before you posted the story.) It seems that our collection is slowly progressing.

IT IS DONE.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

How Typhlosion Learned Wild Charge

One day long ago, in the Village of Fire, a Typhlosion stood. He was meditating, to increase his Fire powers. His child walked by, a Cyndaquil. He asked his father,

"Father, how can you be so strong, yet you only know Fire moves. What if the village were to encounter a water type?"

Typhlosion stood befuddled, for he did not know what would happen if there were to be a Water type ambush on the village. Typhlosion did not know how to answer his son's question, so he said, "My child, there has never been a water type attack on the village, and I do not think that there will ever be one."

The Cyndaquil had a questioning look on his face, for he knew that the catastrophe would happen, but he did not know when. 'I must prepare to save my family one day. I just know the water types will attack; it is a reasonable prediction,' he thought. The young Cyndaquil studied water type Pokemon day and night, wondering how he could ever defeat them.

After a long study session, Cyndaquil approached the Village elder, Ho-Oh. All the fire types knew not to approach Ho-Oh without reasonable cause, but this seemed like an emergency to young Cyndaquil.

"Oh Ho-Oh the great, please, shower me with your knowledge! I summon you!" Cyndaquil shouted.

Ho-Oh appeared with grace, flying down to the shrine to see who had summoned it. When Ho-Oh spotted Cyndaquil, his face was painted with anger.

"Young Cyndaquil, you do not need to awaken me from my sleep. This is your only warning. Now what have you summoned me for?" Ho-Oh shouted.

"I need your knowledge. I know that one day, the Water types will attack. Their leader Lugia will pummel you with Hydro Pump," Cyndaquil complained.

"Why, I can take Lugia. It has been done many years ago, before your father existed, before your Grandfather existed!" Ho-Oh bragged.

"But Ho-oh the great, what if it were to happen again?" Cyndaquil shivered at the thought.

"Then I would use Thunder and take Lugia down once more," Ho-Oh bragged yet again at his power.

"Thunder?" Cyndaquil questioned. "But you are a fire type, not an electric type." Cyndaquil now questioned Ho-Oh's knowledge.

"That is true young Cyndaquil, but I can learn Thunder." Ho-Oh spoke.

"Would you mind showing me?" Cyndaquil begged.

"Why not? It's quite easy!" Ho-Oh smirked. Ho-Oh rose into the sky, charging it's power and then, BOOM! Lightning poured from the sky with stunning energy which Cyndaquil could feel many feet away. "Does this satisfy you?" Ho-Oh said, examining Cyndaquil's remarks.

"Wow! That was amazing Ho-Oh! I see why they call you the almighty. But, what about me, can I learn Thunder?" Cyndaquil inquired.

"Why of course not!" Ho-Oh chuckled, sending Cyndaquil away.

Tears filled Cyndaquil's eyes, for he had been mocked by the almighty Ho-Oh. "I will prove Ho-Oh wrong! I will use an Electric move!" Cyndaquil determined that he must prove Ho-Oh wrong, for the sake of his village.

Cyndaquil started to study non-stop once again. He went without eating, he went without sleeping.

He studied all of the electric type moves.

"At last!" Cyndaquil exclaimed. "I have found it!"

Cyndaquil ventured out into the wild to train.

"I must learn Wild Charge!" Cyndaquil pledged. Cyndaquil surged all his power out of his body and dashed! He felt great! He charged into a tree, knocking a couple of Oran berries off. When he slowed down, he realized he had used Flare Blitz, not Wild Charge. He was disappointed.

"I'll need the help of an Electric Pokemon!"

Cyndaquil searched for the Electric Village. He knew he need to find an electric type to help him achieve his goal. When he reached the village, he found a Jolteon.

"Hey, you! What are you doing in our village?!" Jolteon shrieked.

"I have come in search of an electric type to help me achieve my goal," Cyndaquil carried on. "Are you an electric type?"

Jolteon smiled. "Of course I am! Watch this!" Jolteon fired a Thunderbolt. Cyndaquil sat silently in amazement.

"Jolteon, can you help me learn Wild Charge?" Cyndaquil pleaded.

"Hmm, I guess I can. Let's go into the woods to train." Jolteon nodded.

They trotted out into the woods. Cyndaquil was as eager as ever.

"So, Cyndaquil. Just summon all of your electricity out on your body and then charge!" Jolteon shouted. Cyndaquil focused, and focused, and focused some more. Nothing happened.

"Um, now what?" Cyndaquil questioned.

"Let me help," Jolteon said. Jolteon fired a weak charge at Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil absorbed the shock, and then tried to focus it outwards. Nothing happened. Jolteon fired again. Nothing.

Jolteon and Cyndaquil trained long and hard everyday. Before he knew it, Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava.

"I evolved!" Quilava excitingly shouted.

Jolteon smiled, "This is great! Now it should be easier to learn Wild Charge!"

They still trained vigorously every day.

One day, at the end of training, Quilava tried to summon his inner electricity. A spark flared, and electricity covered him! Sadly, it was only brief.

Jolteon looked amused, "Awesome! We're almost there!"

The next day, the same happened, but the electric flare covered Quilava longer. Then the next day, longer. It was progressively longer each and every day. Soon after, Quilava evolved into Typhlosion.

After many months of training, Typhlosion achieved Wild Charge. "I did it!" he screamed.

"You did it!" Jolteon screamed in response.

"Thank you, Jolteon, for everything!" Typhlosion thanked.

"Best of luck, Typhlosion!" Jolteon said.

Typhlosion returned to the village, to find it under attack. The offenders were water Pokemon. Typhlosion knew this day would come, so he went on all fours, charged himself, and dashed. He hit a Vaporeon, knocking it out. Again and again, he used Wild Charge, knocking out a Pokemon each time. The war waged on, Typhlosion growing more weary each time Wild Charge was used.

After the last water Pokemon was defeated, Lugia shot out of the ocean, on a collision course with Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh flew down from the sky and shot a lightning bolt at Lugia. Lugia was hurt, but conscious. Ho-Oh shot another. Lugia was still charging at him.

Lugia hit Ho-Oh with Hydro Pump, knocking him out of the sky. Typhlosion had to help. He fired his strongest Wild Charge yet, and dashed at Lugia, hitting him in the stomach. It was a critical hit. Lugia collapsed. The fire types had emerged victorious.

Everyone praised Typhlosion, amazed that he knew Wild Charge. Ho-Oh recovered at a steady pace, and when he finally healed completely, he visited Typhlosion.

"Thank you for what you have done. You deserve the highest of honors," Ho-Oh said.

"Aw, it was nothing!" Typhlosion blushed.

The fire village was at peace. Typhlosion had a baby Cyndaquil now, who took after him and knew Wild Charge. From that day on, every Cyndaquil, Quilava, and Typhlosion was capable of learning Wild Charge.

~END~

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 04-29-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:43 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

How Magikarp and Feebas Came to Be

A long time ago, before the regions of Kanto and Hoenn had split from each other by great tremors in the earth, there lived two strong and majestic Water-type Pokemon.

The first was known as Gyarados, and he was a fearsome cerulean serpent with a cream underbelly and patterns on his scales. Large, pointed white fins protruded all down his back and a crown-like blue structure framed his narrow eyes. Huge, powerful teeth stuck out from his oversized mouth and he was the ruler of the waters under the Pokemon sovereign, Kyogre.

The other serpent was Milotic. She was a water maiden with beautiful cream scales that glistened marvelously in the sun and a short horn upon her skull. Two large, pink ribbons protruded from her head and her tail was patterned with majestic blue scales which ended in four points. Her pure beauty was matched only by great Gyarados' fierceness.

The two water beasts lived in harmony, until one day, Milotic decided that Gyarados should no longer control the seas.

"I am a more beautiful Pokemon than you," she argued forcefully as the two Pokemon met, "why do you deserve to command the waters?"

"Because I am fiercer and stronger than you," Gyarados replied angrily. "Therefore the seas belong to me. Only I can instill fear in the hearts of those who oppose the great water sovereign’s power."

Milotic did not agree with Gyarados' opinion, and being the more cunning of the two, she challenged him to a duel to decide the rightful commander of the ocean.

"We will both compete in a task to decide the most worthy ruler," she challenged, flicking her beautiful ribbons, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

Gyarados was an extremely competitive Pokemon, and of course he could not refuse this opportunity to prove his strength. “I accept,” he snarled regally, flexing his great muscles in a show of power.

"Good," Milotic said, pleased. "We will both do the toughest test; we will both stick our tails in fire on the shore and whoever leaves their tail in for the longest is the tougher and stronger Pokemon who should rightfully rule over the ocean."

Gyarados roared approvingly, knowing that there was no way he could lose to Milotic in a test of endurance. With a nod from the water maiden, both Pokemon parted, agreeing to meet at sunrise the next day to decide who was strongest and therefore more worthy.

--------

As promised, Milotic arrived in the shallow waters near the shoreline the following morning. Two small fires were already crackling brightly when Gyarados arrived, their flames licking hungrily at the air.

A large group of all kinds of different Pokemon had gathered from both the land and the ocean to watch the challenge take place. They stood surrounding the two competitors, as Gyarados roared confidently, while Milotic just smiled, her striking scales glimmering in the rising sun.

Both Pokemon manoeuvred themselves so that they were lying with their heads facing out toward the ocean and their tails next to the hot fires on the cool yellow sand.

With a nod from each of them, both Gyarados and Milotic lifted their tails and placed them in the flames. A gasp travelled through the assembly of Pokemon as the challenge began.

"I won't lose," Gyarados thought determinedly as the flames began to prickle at his thick scales. "Milotic may be beautiful, but I am stronger." He looked over at his opponent, expecting her to be sweating already as the flames licked at her tail, but to his surprise, she seemed to be smiling.

After nearly a minute had passed, Gyarados could feel the full power of the flames as they tore at his once-aqua flesh. The burning sensation was so powerful that he felt his eyes begin to water. "How can she still be standing?" he though desperately, positive that he should have won by now. He stole another glance at the charming serpent, but she was just staring out into the water, seemingly not feeling the horrible pain that must be shooting up her spine by now, as it was his.

Soon the terrifying dragon could take the pain no more. In a single movement he lashed his tail upwards and out of the burning sticks and brought it down to splash soothingly in the cool water around him. A cheer erupted from the crowd as Milotic raised her tail from the flames. Unlike his charred fins, her tail was as beautiful and radiant as ever.

"Looks like I win. The seas now belong to me." Milotic beamed smugly as she slithered back into the water.

Gyarados shook his great head angrily, and let out a shuddering roar, causing the gathered Pokemon to back away. "You cheated! How is your tail not black? You must have taken it out when I wasn't looking!"

Milotic just smiled her dazzling smile, before turning to a floating Pokemon behind her. "You... Goldeen... did my tail even once leave the flames during this test?" she chortled.

"No, Milotic," the orange and white, horned goldfish stuttered nervously, backing away from Gyarados as she answered.

"This cannot be!" Gyarados raged. "Then your fire must be colder than my own!" And with a defiant scowl on his face, he plunged his already blackened tail into Milotic's fire, only to whip it out almost straight away as the intense heat burned at his scorched scales.

"Nonsense!" Milotic smiled, "Stop being a sore loser. You've lost and that's that."

Gyarados frowned angrily, but knew there was no point arguing. "Fine then, I suppose you are stronger after all," he said nobly before turning blackened tail and diving beneath the cool water to seek solace for his damaged pride.

He swam further and deeper than he'd ever swum before, determined to escape all of the Pokemon who he had lost in front of, especially Milotic. It was embarrassing enough that he had failed to retain his title, but he had also accused his opponent of cheating, which had only caused himself further humiliation.

As the mythical dragon reached the depths of the ocean, he curled up into a tight ball and waved his burnt tail gently in the chilly water to alleviate the pain that was currently soaring through it.

"What is wrong, Gyarados?" A booming voice echoed around the empty landscape.

The great serpent turned his heavy head to see the great water ruler, Kyogre, lurking in the shadows behind him. The Pokemon’s immense wing-like fins were flapping calmly, casting small shockwaves through the water. Its great eye peered at Gyarados knowingly.

“Master, I have failed you,” Gyarados bowed sadly. “I lost to Milotic in a test of endurance,” he explained slowly as he began to retell the events of that morning.

"Gyarados, of course you lost.” Kyogre boomed powerfully. “Did you not know that Milotic has a special ability that raises her defensive power when she is burned or hurt in some way?"

When Gyarados learned how Milotic had tricked him, he grew extremely angry. He flicked his tail quickly, but the pain no longer hurt him, it just made him more outraged at what Milotic had done. He began to propel himself upwards, spinning madly as he jetted, creating an underwater tornado that shot up before him.

“Remember Gyarados, that the actions you take today will affect this planet for the rest of time…” Kyogre called in his mournful singsong voice, but the warning was drowned out by Gyarados’ thrashing.

“GYAAAAA!” the dragon roared in rage as his head broke the surface of the ocean. The piercing shriek echoed all around, and it wasn’t long until the fearsome serpent had spotted his target. He dove underwater once more to conceal himself, and then when he was close enough, he bit down hard on the unsuspecting Milotic’s tail.

The water maiden shrieked in pain as Gyarados’ sharp fangs pierced her scales. When he finally let go, both Pokemon were left floating in the green-blue water, eyeing each other warily.

“You tricked me!” Gyarados cried, his senses only heightened by his fury.

“It is too late. I rule now!” Milotic responded arrogantly, and before the dragon could reply, she shot a beam of freezing ice right at his head.

With a roar, Gyarados dodged the blast and fired his own attack back at the serpent. Once again, the attack missed, and the fight turned into a wild battle that soon threatened the other Pokemon around.

The battle raged on for two days and two nights, with both Pokemon tiring to the point of exhaustion, but still not willing to give up. A great storm blew over the land, whipping at the combatants and creating huge waves that slapped against the shore, knocking down the homes of land-dwelling Pokemon and stranding water-Pokemon in the process. Large, dark clouds blocked out the sun and sent lightning flashes down at the earth.

In this way, Kyogre was trying its best to quell the fighting, but it seemed as if the two Pokemon were so blinded with hatred for each other, that they could not be stopped.

From the spirit world, the ancestor of all Pokemon was watching the earth with dismay. So many creatures had already been harmed by the actions of the warring Pokemon below, and the ocean had begun to swallow up the land as Kyogre’s efforts to control his subjects went in vain.

“There will be no more fighting,” Mew thought, and with its Psychic power, the little feline stretched out a pink paw and pushed through the barrier between its own world and ours.

Mew looked down at its children in disappointment. The two had not noticed the pink Pokemon’s arrival and great tornados of dragon power were spinning around the combatants as they continued their struggle for power.

Mew shut its eyes for a moment, and sent out shockwaves of Psychic energy to calm the pair. Slowly, the Dragon Rage attack spun slower and slower until all of the tornados had disappeared. The clouds above began to disperse and sunlight reached the ocean for the first time in two days. Gyarados and Milotic were calmed by their ancestor’s soothing power, and soon the earth looked just a little bit brighter.

When the two serpent Pokemon had broken out of the lulling trance that had managed to quiet them, they shut their eyes humbly in sorrow for the damage that they’d caused.

"Milotic,” Mew spoke, its voice soft, but emanating power, “you value your beauty too much, and this has made you vain and boastful. From this day forward, your children will not be beautiful. They will not be majestic. Your children will be ugly and timid until they have realised the value of true beauty, and only then will they change into beautiful Pokemon,” the pink cat finished, flickering its eyes open for just a second to shift its glance to Gyarados.

"Gyarados, you value your strength too much, and this has made you blind in the face of rage," Mew continued solemnly, "From now on your children will not be strong. They will not be fearsome. Your children will be weak and helpless until they have learned what it is like to possess no power or authority."

With a flick of its long tail, Mew opened its eyes and peered down about the Pokemon it had just cursed. “Don’t disappoint me again,” the small cat whispered, but its words were lost on the wind as it slowly faded back into its own world.

Gyarados and Milotic turned to each other in sorrow, not truly understanding the effects that their actions would have on their own kind for the millions of years to come…
Old 04-29-2012, 02:36 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Thank you for your wonderful submissions! :D Both are accepted and thoroughly enjoyable.

SJ, I edited your post only because you gave me permission, and made little changes such as "pored" to "poured" and an oran berry falling "out" to an oran berry falling "off" the tree. And when you write speech, you generally put a comma at the end if what follows is "he said" or "she yelled," etc. However, if the speech is the end of the sentence, and what comes after the speech is completely unrelated to it, then it can be a new sentence and the sentence can start with a capital, meaning the speech has a period at the end. Also, thoughts are generally italicised and without quotation marks, or, as I do it, single quotation marks. So I altered that too.

Great stories, guys! :D Thank you so much for your interest!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:43 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Thank you for your wonderful submissions! :D Both are accepted and thoroughly enjoyable.

SJ, I edited your post only because you gave me permission, and made little changes such as "pored" to "poured" and an oran berry falling "out" to an oran berry falling "off" the tree. And when you write speech, you generally put a comma at the end if what follows is "he said" or "she yelled," etc. However, if the speech is the end of the sentence, and what comes after the speech is completely unrelated to it, then it can be a new sentence and the sentence can start with a capital, meaning the speech has a period at the end. Also, thoughts are generally italicised and without quotation marks, or, as I do it, single quotation marks. So I altered that too.

Great stories, guys! :D Thank you so much for your interest!

~GS.
Oh you! :3

Alrighty, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks Xanthe!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

No worries at all, my dear jolteon friend! =D

*hopes to have more stories up soon*

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 AM
~Blast Burn

Alright!

I may write some new stories, whenever I have time. That maybe a while. X3

I hope more people contribute!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

I was told to come check this out, and I will for sure be writing some! :D maybe they'll be included in my summer surprise, or just off on a tangent.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

O: Haha, well you were really good with that typhlosion one, so I'm sure you'll be great with the others too. c:

Not told; it was a suggestion. DDx BUT. I'm glad you did! And that's awesome that you want to write some! 8DDD I can't wait to read them!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!