Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 04-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

I agree, I don't quite remember if I said I hated any generation, but I don't know what I was smoking came over me. XD

Sure, I don't like ALL the Pokemon from Generation 5, but I don't like ALL the Pokemon from Generation 1 either. I probably like more from 5.

I mean sure, I don't like some Pokemon, but it's not because they're from Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Unova. That really has no place in my opinion.

I would say R/B/Y was my least favorite, but that is not because of the Pokemon. It's because of the graphics, and I can't navigate through it. XD

/feels idiotic

I think you get my gist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:24 AM
brandon_g's Avatar
brandon_g Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,702
Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

Geez this thread got crazy.... People just post yes or no and why too this topic... thats all I thought I would seen when I entered this thread... three pages of rubbish!


Ok Back on topic... I am NOT a Genwunner... I like all pokemon games... I mean personally I think the new gens. are better the old ones.... but then again I only played one old gen. game and never completed it! Anyway... I still think Pokemon Black/Whites Storyboard could have been longer!
__________________
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 AM
rlee2010 Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

all the gens are good.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-28-2012, 01:28 PM
goldwynaut's Avatar
goldwynaut Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 5,670
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Jolteon View Post
I would say R/B/Y was my least favorite, but that is not because of the Pokemon. It's because of the graphics, and I can't navigate through it. XD
``a videogame that looks good will be popular for a month, but a videogame that plays good will be popular forever´´ _unknown
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwhynaut View Post
``a videogame that looks good will be popular for a month, but a videogame that plays good will be popular forever´´ _unknown
That's funny, because the newer games undeniably play better, in my opinion. I don't think nostalgia is a game feature.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwhynaut View Post
``a videogame that looks good will be popular for a month, but a videogame that plays good will be popular forever´´ _unknown
Therefore, Red and Blue were popular for a Month? They especially do not look good. I'm sure they play alright, yet, What Jedgie said is true.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-29-2012, 05:06 AM
Cyanide's Avatar
Cyanide Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 12
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

Actually, Unova is one of my favorite generations so far, so no I'm not somebody who looks down on the newer gens. Actually, I find the original two gens not as interesting to play anymore, though the remake of G/S was okay. I had a lot more fun playing through Ruby, Platinum, and Black than I did playing through the first two gens. Seems to me that they get more fun as go along.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

I knew this thread would be chaos as soon as I read the OP.
Anyways;
If you do love the first generations and hate the newer ones and are truly a "genwunner", then just keep it to yourself basically. We all love Pokemon, thats what brought us to this forum. Why bash the newer generations for their mistakes and whatnot? Theres alot of people who think Unova is way better then Kanto/Johto, just respect their opinions in the end. Enough with the bs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Pickleboy's Avatar
Pickleboy Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In a local grocery store near you!
Posts: 973
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

Being a genwunner or whatever it's called is just stupid. You're no one special for making yourself believe that the old gen games were actually better than the newer ones. Many of you say it's opinion, but it's absolute fact that the playability of the newer games far out-perform the older ones. You can go all sophomoric if you want, but look at it real close-like, and the facts are there.

That being said, no, I'm not a genwunner because I KNOW the later games are better.
__________________
First place winner of the Keldeo Sketchbook!
White 2 FC: 3912-5346-0084
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-09-2012, 01:14 AM
Shiny Ditto's Avatar
Shiny Ditto Offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 42
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

For the anime? I'd say the Kanto and Johto arc were best. Hoenn, meh. Sinnoh and Unova suck. Not because of the Pokemon. Mainly the characters and how it doesn't relate to older audiences anymore.

For the games? I like them all, but the newer games far surpass the older games (Though I like playing the Gen four games better than BW).
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Operative's Avatar
Operative Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 5,862
Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

To be honest, I believe that every aspect of Pokemon has been developed much better as the regions progressed. Or at least I feel that way when comparing R/B/Y to B/W. The games, the competitiveness, the music, the anime, pretty much everything. The only exception I find to this are the designs on Pokemon, though the Pokemon still look great in the later generations, I just prefer the way they look in the first couple ones.

The generations aren't getting worse, you're just getting older.
__________________

|thedynamicduo|
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Sheepat's Avatar
Sheepat Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sheep Land
Posts: 1,544
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

I'm not a genwunner, personally. I find Unova amazing, being just as awesome as Johto (which is my favorite region) the only region I don't like as much is Sinnoh, though even that has some redeeming factors (e. g. Toxicroak and Heatran)
__________________
Once known as riolu42
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indigo Plateau
Posts: 326
Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

I am a total genwunner. I love back when it was, no EV training, no complicated theoretical nonesense and you just had to choose a certain team. Me and my sister were always gamefreaks but neither of us agree with the newer versions, I still play Pokemon Red and she has her Pokemon Yellow.
I love my old team *nostalgic cry* Charizard, Fearow, Hitmonlee, Poliwrath, Muk and Exeggutor.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-12-2012, 11:07 PM
brandon_g's Avatar
brandon_g Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,702
Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Thumbs down Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
I knew this thread would be chaos as soon as I read the OP.
Anyways;
If you do love the first generations and hate the newer ones and are truly a "genwunner", then just keep it to yourself basically. We all love Pokemon, thats what brought us to this forum. Why bash the newer generations for their mistakes and whatnot? Theres alot of people who think Unova is way better then Kanto/Johto, just respect their opinions in the end. Enough with the bs.
I agree with this 100% we all signed up to this forum because we love pokemon... this topic (all 3 pages of it) is complete garabage from begining to end! If you love pokemon then don't bash it! I understand we all prefrences, but for peep sake you don't have argue about weather the newer gens are worse then the older! WHO CARES!
__________________
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.

Last edited by brandon_g; 05-12-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indigo Plateau
Posts: 326
Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion
Default Re: would you call yourself a genwunner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
I agree with this 100% we all signed up to this forum because we love pokemon... this topic (all 3 pages of it) is complete garabage from begining to end! If you love pokemon then don't bash it! I understand we all prefrences, but for peep sake you don't have argue about weather the newer gens are worse then the older! WHO CARES!
Nobody is bashing Pokemon, we're just stating what kind of Pokemon we prefer more than the rest.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com