Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:25 PM
WebMaster Offline
BEAST MODE!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to WebMaster
Default How many gens of anime?

I was once hooked on the Pokemon anime but stopped watching consistently after the Indigo series. Was there any series you guys stopped at or are you still a good fan? Also, what series did you start watching?
AIM: WebDragoon1337
Old 05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn
Default Re: How many gens of anime?

I started watching Advanced Generation and ended watching there as well.

As stated in other various threads, I am a being from the third generation.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
goldwynaut Offline

i started watching the pokemon: indigo league series, the very first episode i watched was the one who started wish ash looking for firewood, and they later visited a pokemon high-school or something. i watched from a poorly recorded VCR my cousin brought over.
and yes i also stopped watching some of the episodes from DP battle dimensions, the episodes started to get boring from there, but dont get me wrong i am still watching.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital

I am still watch the anime and have done right from the beginning. I went on a hiatus for a couple of years, however managed to catch up and watch a lot of episodes, (including the fillers).

Spoiler:
Old 05-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I watched it religiously from the start until the end of Hoenn/Battle Frontier. I even got up early to tape every single episode back then haha. /obsessive

However I kind of got bored of the Sinnoh episodes and never kept up with them. I started watching again in the middle of the Best Wishes season. So far I can see a lot of improvements since I stopped watching and the episodes are generally more interesting. It kinda sucks that there's basically been 0 character development since Ash started, but oh well. xD
Old 05-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I've been watching as long as I can remember. I don't think I've ever arranged watching until Sinnoh. I made sure I got up in time!

I was too young to go and look and plan and stuffs. XD Whenever I noticed it was on, I'd watch it. Now I try never to miss an episode!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

I started to watching at Indigo series, cannot remember what episode exactly.

I stoped about Battle Frontier episodes, I coudn't manage to support the fact that trainers could had legendaries in their team.

But this isn't the only thing, there are many changes made out like Ash's clothes, and interesting events of the anime that had been left, like:

-What about GS Ball? Did they forget it?

-And Gary? Where is he hanging out?

-Will never Ash get older? Will never he get bored of always losing the Pokemon League or reaching the third/second place?

-Why does he always stay only with Pikachu? Couldn't he carry Charizard and Sceptile together, for example?

-And will never Jesse, James and Meowth be fired from Team Rocket? They're dumb...
Old 05-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

I watched the Indigo League series, and if you ever wanted to continue watching them. My suggestion would be clicking here. It's a great site with all of the Pokemon episodes from back in the day up to now in their database, all HD and all ready to be watched for hours upon hours.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

I started watching at the first episode, continued watching through the Orange Islands, continued watching through Johto, saw the pilot for Hoenn and sort of slowed down from there. I saw at least a couple of the Hoenn episodes, but not any large amount in order. I've seen maybe two or three Sinnoh episodes, they were okay minus some of the voice acting; some of the Pokemon Chronicles episodes I saw were pretty good. Just recently I saw an episode of Best Wishes, and pretty much everything about it was awful from the script to the art to (even) the voice acting. It's really a shame; not that the anime was ever meant to impress anyone over the age of eight, but I still wish that they might try to raise the bar a bit.

-- Ali Al-Karam
Old 05-14-2012, 03:45 AM
Shiny Ditto Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampert Guy View Post
I started to watching at Indigo series, cannot remember what episode exactly.

I stoped about Battle Frontier episodes, I coudn't manage to support the fact that trainers could had legendaries in their team.

But this isn't the only thing, there are many changes made out like Ash's clothes, and interesting events of the anime that had been left, like:

-What about GS Ball? Did they forget it?

-And Gary? Where is he hanging out?

-Will never Ash get older? Will never he get bored of always losing the Pokemon League or reaching the third/second place?

-Why does he always stay only with Pikachu? Couldn't he carry Charizard and Sceptile together, for example?

-And will never Jesse, James and Meowth be fired from Team Rocket? They're dumb...

1) They were going to use the GS Ball with Celebi in it as a story arc through Johto, but they scrapped the idea and just made Celebi the co-star of the movie Pokemon 4Ever.

2) Last I heard, he became a professor of sorts.

3) It's Pokemon, he's always ten.

4) He wanted to prove to himself that he can complete any quest without any of his over powered Pokemon.

5) I think they are fired, but they keep on trying to please the boss, so the rest of TR's like, "Whatever."

I watched all through the Indigo league, Orange Island, and the Johto league. I watched a bit of Hoenn, and it wasn't that bad. Could have been better. Sinnoh completely sucked, mostly because of the voice acting. Unova was worse than I could imagine.

Pokemon Chronicles was good.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

I watched from the very start to about the middle/end of Orange Islands. But look at it this way:

MLP:FiM is for an even younger audience than the Pokemon anime. And FiM is better than the new seasons of Pokemon XD

The point is that a target audience doesn't affect how good the show should be, at all. The new episodes are just...bland. Back in Gen I, every episode showed a little more of the characters, and you really got to know them. Even Tracy. I guess. The new episodes feel like gen I's filler episodes. Hardly any plot, introducing a new pokemon, and boring dialogue that drags on and on. It needs a change, and it's for sure not as popular as it used to be. Maybe because kids nowadays would rather play MW3.

That's my two cents.
~Max

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596 View Post

The point is that a target audience doesn't affect how good the show should be, at all. The new episodes are just...bland. Back in Gen I, every episode showed a little more of the characters, and you really got to know them. Even Tracy. I guess. The new episodes feel like gen I's filler episodes. Hardly any plot, introducing a new pokemon, and boring dialogue that drags on and on. It needs a change, and it's for sure not as popular as it used to be. Maybe because kids nowadays would rather play MW3.

That's my two cents.
~Max
This.

Just because it's a kids show doesn't give the writers the okay to be lazy and predictable. Important elements like foreshadowing and chekhov's guns should still be worked with effort and care. Character development is actually a good way for children to learn that people can change over time, be it a good or bad thing. Actually, the only difference between an "adult' and "kids" show should be the content, not the quality of production. The writers of shows aimed at younger audiences should be able to implement literary devices while still keeping it watchable for the intended demographic. Hard, heck yes, but it would certainly boost the quality of children's programming and might just even pull a MLP: FiM and draw older viewers in as well. Win win.

Of course, that would require time and effort, which is usually overlooked since they figure kids will watch anything, even cheap junk. Then they wonder why 8 year olds play M rated games.

As for Pokemon, my first episode was "A Pokemon Emergency" I think the title was. I started right at the end when doctor Ash, Misty and Brock were fighting Team Rocket. I watched the show fairly consistently throughout most of Johto until they changed the time slot and I wasn't able to find it again until early Hoenn. Stopped bothering after they changed the voices...

From what I hear about the last regions, I think I'll stick to the originals, whose animation I actually prefer, TBH. Has a charm about it.

Bleh, long post is long. Feel free to disagree, it's an opinion after all :3

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Angel_DeArc_ Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Angel_DeArc_

The first episode I saw was in the Johto region. Then I was like: omg I love it <3
then I started to watch right back from the first episode regularly. I'd even skip meals. The whole plot was so exciting back then.
Orange Islands, Johto yeah yeah I love the "whole new world" <3
Hoenn - Good! the new Pokemon were of great interest.
Then came the Sinnoh region, can it get worse? x_x
I mean, come on people! use some creativity, do some new stuff for God's sake
why is it always: continuing adventures, problem, climax, problem solved, continuing adventures again?
The only exciting thing left is the change of outfits, in my opinion.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Cplusplus Offline

I've recently just started watching it all over, I'm watching it right now actually.