Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:11 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Re: WAR Planning and Discussion

I've had some help from Neo, just while talking about what's going on. Keep in mind, he offered first. This is entirely his suggestion, which I agree with, but since I'm not an event leader don't feel it's my place to do.

We agree that June 1st is a good time to officially kick it off, and that although it's encouraged, teams shouldn't necessarily be aligned to the RP plot. We should have at least have one good team to oppose the bad one. We should have teams and judges ready by the deadline.

metal, or Robotnik as he's officially known after the name change, has graciously accepted judging RP, so that's out for people signing up to judge for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
If I were a War Leader now, this is probably what I'd do, given the current situation and activity level. Things seem a little bit lost at the moment, and even though I don't really want to lead this whole thing, I figured it can't hurt to at least point in the right direction.

STEP 1. Start a new "WAR Participation Targets" thread. In this thread, you ask two basic questions.

Question 1: Which of these possible War sections do you feel you would take part in?

- Role Play
- Fan Fiction
- Creative Writing
- Graphic Art
- Drawn Art
- Sprite Art
- Debate
- Pokémon Online Battling (using Pokémon Online)
- URPG

Question 2: Which of these sections would you like to judge (if any)? Note that if you judge a section, you cannot take part in it.

Keep this thread open for about two weeks. That's plenty of time for people to post.

STEP 2. Evaluate the "WAR Participation Targets" thread.

If a section gets at least 3 willing participants and a judge (don't ask for credentials, take anyone you can get considering the situation), make it active. Anything that doesn't fulfill either parameter, strike it dead. Disregard tradition.

If all you end up with is RP, Graphic Art, and say Creative Writing, that's just how it's got to be.

STEP 3: Declare official War Judges, and set deadline

It's a matter of choosing who you think will be the best judge, and then setting the final War launch deadline. That's pretty much it. For teams, let anything goes, don't make it formally regulated. If a person wants to make a team, let them make a team, as long as it has characteristics, theme, and a purpose.

As for how long you want it to be, that's really up to you. 4-5 weeks always seemed to be a sweet spot, but if you really think a 10 week War is the way to go, that's your decision. I don't recommend it, but hey, you don't know.
With permission, I will post the thread.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:28 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I just wanted to announce that we have our WAR Leaders.

Grassy_Aggron
Kaoru Matsubara
Typhlosion Explosion
WebMaster

Feel free to contact them regarding the WAR and any questions you might have.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:11 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I am very happy for Grassy!

I hope you guys take these ideas into consideration.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
I am very happy for Grassy!

I hope you guys take these ideas into consideration.

Be happy for the others too :3 Without them, I'd just crumble under pressure! XD

And yes, Bron, we've been taking into consideration what you'd said. You're just a little bundle of ideas! <3
Old 05-17-2012, 01:04 AM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to RaptorJesus
Default Re: WAR XI Team Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebMaster View Post
Announcement to all those registering for WAR. Two new rules have been added
  • We've decided on a tentative 8 team cap. As far as which teams make it, it's first come-first served. However please read the next point
  • If your team starts to make WAR look like a joke, your team will be removed from the registration. This excludes teams formed before this post.

That is all
What exactly does that mean?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Essentially, RaptorJesus, we want teams to have clear goals. A few teams are already pushing the limit, but we will allow them to stay (hence the exclusion rule).

The biggest problem with a team having very little goal or motive is if members that join want to take part in the RP. Without a clear goal and/or motive, they have nothing driving them. They are just...There. We don't want the WAR RP to degenerate into something overrun by people having no clear goal. Yes, they can come up with a goal...But the point of a team is to have a unifying motive. A common drive.

If people want to join a team without a clear goal, there are already three teams that can serve that purpose (they have very, very, loose goals). We only have three that have a clear goal. We would rather have more teams with goals versus more without them.

This is WAR, not a parody of it.

Does that explanation clear it up a little more?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 AM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Essentially, RaptorJesus, we want teams to have clear goals. A few teams are already pushing the limit, but we will allow them to stay (hence the exclusion rule).

The biggest problem with a team having very little goal or motive is if members that join want to take part in the RP. Without a clear goal and/or motive, they have nothing driving them. They are just...There. We don't want the WAR RP to degenerate into something overrun by people having no clear goal. Yes, they can come up with a goal...But the point of a team is to have a unifying motive. A common drive.

If people want to join a team without a clear goal, there are already three teams that can serve that purpose (they have very, very, loose goals). We only have three that have a clear goal. We would rather have more teams with goals versus more without them.

It almost does. It only leaves me with more questions however. Such as, when did WAR become a large RP Competition with some minigames tacked on?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:55 AM
WebMaster Offline
BEAST MODE!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to WebMaster

Attention WAR participants, we have added three new sections to the WAR
  • Voice Acting
  • Graphic Art
  • Pokemon Online Battling
AIM: WebDragoon1337
Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:

With this said, I want to create my team.

I'll even tell you why I want to make my team, since the 4 of us aren't much for RPing, my team will take part in everything except the RP, unless we get a decent Role-Player. If my team NEEDS to have a Role-Player, then I will be that Role-Player. But if you're basing this war solely on the RP, then what's the point of the other categories..? My team so far has a writer, two artists, and a battler.. No serious Role-Players.

Of course, my team has a very unifying motive: Victory. Isn't that the point of war? to beat your opponents in various battles until you win? I think the desire to win and prove that something that came from nothing can win, or at the very least, put up a fight.

Team Name: Awesome!
Team Captain (there can be more than one): XaiakuX
Current # of team members (must be three or greater but no greater than 12; this includes the captain): Currently there are 4.
Link to your group thread: Here!

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorJesus View Post
It almost does. It only leaves me with more questions however. Such as, when did WAR become a large RP Competition with some minigames tacked on?
This.

WAR shouldn't be specifically focused on one section more than others. This "WAR teams needing goals" thing is still a little unclear to me as to what the true purpose behind them is. I mean, wouldn't the ultimate goal behind ever WAR team be to win this?

WAR XI Team: .
Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

@ Raptor and Xaiaku - It is not "mini-games tacked on". The RP simply takes more time to set up, and the purpose of having a goal is simply for the RP. It doesn't matter much for the other sections, as you said, Raptor. The sole purpose is to keep the RP from degenerating into random babble with no direction, with no idea of what each person is doing or striving for. Yes, everyone has different goals. But people get a general idea when they see what team a person is on. When you don't have a goal, it leads to guessing or memorizing what each character is doing...And in a big role play such as WAR, that can be difficult.

Xaiaku, we never based it on the role play necessarily. We just thought it would be better if a team had at least some sort of goal for participants of the RP, even if you are 99% sure no one will join for it. There is always that one percent chance someone will...And it's better to already have it prepared rather than scramble at the end to figure something out, you know? It's merely a precaution. We don't mind it if you don't have RPers, but it's a good idea to be able to support them if one does decide to come along. Plus, it gives your team more flavor! It makes you stand out and be unique.

With that said, your team is accepted. And you are right, it just feels a bit vague sometimes. Although, Team Obscurity takes the cake for that XD I guess victory should be all that is required. Hence...

@ Nitro - Accepted. As Xaiaku pointed out, victory alone is reason enough. ...Also, your team seems like the hard workers. Maybe...The semi-trucks of the WAR? ;)

@ Fierce Deity - True. But at the same time...Winning is a vague goal. If that is the only thing every team has...Well, it won't affect the other sections. But the RP could turn out very dull. We are concerned about it because of the fact that the other sections aren't affected at all by it, and we want the WAR to be as great as it can be. Naturally, this means making every section as awesome and fantastic as it can be too :3 Which does, therefore, include the RP.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:39 AM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Quote:
@ Raptor and Xaiaku - It is not "mini-games tacked on". The RP simply takes more time to set up, and the purpose of having a goal is simply for the RP. It doesn't matter much for the other sections, as you said, Raptor. The sole purpose is to keep the RP from degenerating into random babble with no direction, with no idea of what each person is doing or striving for. Yes, everyone has different goals. But people get a general idea when they see what team a person is on. When you don't have a goal, it leads to guessing or memorizing what each character is doing...And in a big role play such as WAR, that can be difficult.

Xaiaku, we never based it on the role play necessarily. We just thought it would be better if a team had at least some sort of goal for participants of the RP, even if you are 99% sure no one will join for it. There is always that one percent chance someone will...And it's better to already have it prepared rather than scramble at the end to figure something out, you know? It's merely a precaution. We don't mind it if you don't have RPers, but it's a good idea to be able to support them if one does decide to come along. Plus, it gives your team more flavor! It makes you stand out and be unique.

With that said, your team is accepted. And you are right, it just feels a bit vague sometimes. Although, Team Obscurity takes the cake for that XD I guess victory should be all that is required. Hence...

@ Nitro - Accepted. As Xaiaku pointed out, victory alone is reason enough. ...Also, your team seems like the hard workers. Maybe...The semi-trucks of the WAR? ;)

@ Fierce Deity - True. But at the same time...Winning is a vague goal. If that is the only thing every team has...Well, it won't affect the other sections. But the RP could turn out very dull. We are concerned about it because of the fact that the other sections aren't affected at all by it, and we want the WAR to be as great as it can be. Naturally, this means making every section as awesome and fantastic as it can be too :3 Which does, therefore, include the RP.
I don't see why each individual RPer is unable to have their own, distinct goals separate of other members of their team. You can't "win" the RP per se by having your faction dominate the RP. You win based on the quality of your RPing and the creativity of your actions. In effect, as far as the actual RPing goes, your WAR Team shouldn't matter, with the exception of scoring. We don't need unified teams, with boring cookie-cutter goals pummeling each other with words. I think that the RPers would prefer a diverse and colorful environment in which to competitively RP.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

Quote:

So, I'm posting this with the knowledge that this discussion may be better suited to take place in the discussions thread but... After having viewed the discussion taking place about lack of goals causing difficulty for players who wish to participate in the RP, I have done a quick explanation of Team Obscurity's expected role in the playing. The question is, does it seem congruent, or just something tacked on there in the name of conformity?

Old 05-17-2012, 02:52 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
I don't see why each individual RPer is unable to have their own, distinct goals separate of other members of their team. You can't "win" the RP per se by having your faction dominate the RP. You win based on the quality of your RPing and the creativity of your actions. In effect, as far as the actual RPing goes, your WAR Team shouldn't matter, with the exception of scoring. We don't need unified teams, with boring cookie-cutter goals pummeling each other with words. I think that the RPers would prefer a diverse and colorful environment in which to competitively RP.
This is why my team is diverse, and not cluttered in the same perspective, They're capable of practically every field of the war. This is where I believe our strength will come from.

--

Thank you for accepting me.

I want to say something. It's probably not my place to, but I've never been one to keep my mouth shut when I need to. For instance, your team, Grassy, G.U.N.S, that's just fine if you want your whole team to smear the RP-war zone and win that field. That's called a strategy, not really a goal. The goal for any team is to win. My strategy is diversity, and when it comes down to it, I'll see when it gets me when this thing kicks off the ground. I believe in this case you may have gotten the terms of strategy with the term goal. Maybe if a team is going it without some kind of strategy for winning, they can be removed. But if the goal isn't to win, or at least compete and have fun while trying to win, what are they doing here to being with?

Fun is the key word. Don't let this war become some dull, boring, rule-riddled event (NOT saying that's what it is, now). Keep it fun. Always have fun. Friendly contests of skills, competing and doing what we love to do, because it's fun to do it. When it comes down to it, my team is going to war. We're going to do what we love, we're going to have fun, and we're going to win. Because that's what we want to do.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 05-17-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:03 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
As I said, every person has their own goals. A Team, more or less, has a goal of its own which is underneath the main goal of the user. I never said they could not have their own goals.

Your Team does matter, however. For one, it's who the points are going to (as you said)...And is also decides who are your enemies and friends in the actual RP. Many people join a team that reflects their interests - if all the teams are the same, they could create their own...But if the team cap is reached, with teams all being the same, they will not participate at all as they will be unable to create one that reflects their interests.

Additionally, each RPer has the goal to help their team dominate the other teams. This is accomplished by each individual contributing to the collective goal. If you aren't roleplaying, that's fine. This does not affect the other sections. They won't suffer. But RP, which IS a section, possibly could. Each section is equally important. This is just a preemptive action to avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX
I want to say something. It's probably not my place to, but I've never been one to keep my mouth shut when I need to. For instance, your team, Grassy, G.U.N.S, that's just fine if you want your whole team to smear the RP-war zone and win that field. That's called a strategy, not really a goal. The goal for any team is to win. My strategy is diversity, and when it comes down to it, I'll see when it gets me when this thing kicks off the ground. I believe in this case you may have gotten the terms of strategy with the term goal. Maybe if a team is going it without some kind of strategy for winning, they can be removed. But if the goal isn't to win, or at least compete and have fun while trying to win, what are they doing here to being with?

Fun is the key word. Don't let this war become some dull, boring, rule-riddled event (NOT saying that's what it is, now). Keep it fun. Always have fun. Friendly contests of skills, competing and doing what we love to do, because it's fun to do it. When it comes down to it, my team is going to war. We're going to do what we love, we're going to have fun, and we're going to win. Because that's what we want to do.
First off, it is "G.U.N.", no "s". Also, I do not choose those that want to participate in my team. They chose me. It just happens that those more focused in role playing and writing are coming to me. I cannot help who chooses my team or not. I myself cannot partake in the other fields because I have not the equipment or knowledge to effectively participate.

Fun is what we want. We just want to make sure nothing gets too dull.

All in all, the rule is just a precaution, and isn't really affecting your teams.

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 05-17-2012 at 03:16 AM.