Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Default Re: The Canalave Library (for all writers to contribute!)

I was also requested to check this place out and I really want to contribute!

Great...another thing that will keep me from my schoolwork...

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Thanks... X3

It took me a while to think about that story, but it was fun to make!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

OH! This is making a comeback :D

When I'm finally finished all my outstanding site related projects, I'll try and think of something to add here. Might just get me into a chaptered fic or something :3

And... libraries FTW! X3

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 05-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

GIBBITY GOBBITY.

I really need to get Aggron up :P Or rather, lore about them all XD I keep forgetting :P

Aron - Eating iron
Lairon - Eh...Dealing with the loss of armor?
Aggron - Walking on two legs

Any ideas you want to fling by me, feel free XD
Old 05-29-2012, 01:37 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Glad to see you guys are showing interest! I need to hurry up and get something else written. xDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
GIBBITY GOBBITY.

I really need to get Aggron up :P Or rather, lore about them all XD I keep forgetting :P

Aron - Eating iron
Lairon - Eh...Dealing with the loss of armor?
Aggron - Walking on two legs

Any ideas you want to fling by me, feel free XD
Well maybe something about how originally none of the evolutions had helmets or something? And that made it really difficult for them to do anything and defend that part of their bodies or something. I dunno. xD

I would love to read whatever you come up with, though! 8D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:34 AM

I actually had an idea for a cute little Treecko one today. Maybe I can type it up before exams start.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 05-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Glad to see you guys are showing interest! I need to hurry up and get something else written. xDD

Well maybe something about how originally none of the evolutions had helmets or something? And that made it really difficult for them to do anything and defend that part of their bodies or something. I dunno. xD

I would love to read whatever you come up with, though! 8D

~GS.
:'D I love that idea. Hopefully I can motivate myself to do it XD

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 05-29-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:58 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
I actually had an idea for a cute little Treecko one today. Maybe I can type it up before exams start.
XDDDDDDDDD POKEMON MAFIA LORE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
:'D I love that idea. :)
That's awesome! :D I hope you can do something with it. *0*

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

XDDDDDDDDD POKEMON MAFIA LORE

~GS.
Pffft!! I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THAT XD

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 05-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
Pffft!! I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THAT XD
XDDDDDDD REALLY? THAT'S HILARIOUS.

I'd love to read it though. c:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:33 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

I have a story to submit! :D (As if you didn't already know that. XD)

How Kirlia Became the Emotion Pokémon

It was a cool, humid day in the forest when a Kirlia decided to go for a walk. Despite the wet grass and immense moisture in the earth, she managed to avoid sinking at all in the mud, moving with an almost floating grace. This was something all Kirlia could easily accomplish with their special, native joints that were designed specifically to make them move this way. To them, it didn't really have any purpose, but with how it kept them from sinking into any disgusting sludge, they had no right to complain. Nor would they in any case, considering the fact that they despised anything that would lower the radiance of their amazing beauty, as their mind-sets obsessed with appearance dictated.

All of a sudden, she heard a soft, sweet sound. She pricked her ears curiously, but nothing could be heard. Shrugging, she continued along the path, leaping over the occasional vine strewn across the forest floor.

Once again, though, a strange noise found its way into her hearing range. This time, instead of waiting to listen to it, she hurriedly followed where she believed the sound to be coming from. The note was drawn out for a minute or so more, and luckily for her sake, she just managed to find its source before said sound disappeared into the winds.

She had followed the sound to a large clearing. In the center of this clearing, there was a group of Bellossom performing some odd waltz. They would swing their grassy bodies one way, then the other, and raise their arms above their heads and wave them in time to their leaves' swinging. After a repeat of this, they would start to sing, their voices harmonizing together to create a wonderful tune that would please the ears of any Pokemon. Kirlia sighed and once again listened to the unique, divine melody that, unfortunately for her sake, only lasted a minute or so before ending, just as it had in the times she had heard it before.

Before the Bellossom could begin their chant once again, she bounded over to the middle of their small formation. Raising her voice, she cried out, “Bellossom! Stop your singing for just a moment, please!”

Normally, the Bellossom would have objected to what was, in their opinions, an unbelievably foolish request. However, since the Kirlia had used some manners in her demand, they stopped. One of them stepped forward, most likely the leader of their little group. “What is it that you want, Kirlia?” it asked, its voice seeming a bit too high-pitched for it to have participated in the brilliant song Kirlia had heard before.

“What is that thing you're doing?” she questioned the Bellossom.

“Whatever do you mean?” the Bellossom answered, frowning at this vague query.

Kirlia pointed at the many leaves that covered the Bellossom's body as she spoke again, “That thing you were doing where you twisted your leaves and sang so wonderfully. What was that?”

The Bellossom blinked, before laughing. She didn't even bother to silence her laughter, which gave the other Bellossom reason enough to release their pent-up giggles as well. Kirlia looked down in embarrassment, even though she had no idea what they were laughing about. She only knew that it was something she had done.

Finally, the Bellossom managed to stop laughing, although a few snickers still escaped her now and then. “It's called dancing, silly Kirlia,” she chuckled.

By now, all of the other Bellossom had completely silenced their laughter, and Kirlia looked up again. She stared at the Bellossom in confusion. She knew, however, that if she asked again, the other Bellossom would simply break out into peals of laughter once more, and may even send her away. So she inquired of a different matter this time, “How do you do that?”

The Bellossom blinked in surprise. “You don't know how to dance?” she asked Kirlia, wondering if this was a joke or something similar. However, she could tell from the Kirlia's blank expression that she was being completely honest.

“No. And you did not answer my question,” her words weren't meant to be rude, but it sounded somewhat so due to her tone of voice.

“Well...” the Bellossom paused, obviously having a difficult time trying to answer the question. The other Bellossom seemed to be perplexed as well, and no one spoke for a few minutes as they all attempted to figure out an answer.

“What is it? Please tell me!” Kirlia shouted, her voice full of desperation and a great amount of puzzlement.

The lead Bellossom was shaken from her reverie, and she turned back to the Kirlia with a dismayed expression. “That's just it. Dancing is impossible to explain. It comes naturally,” she said.

“But...” Kirlia tried to say more, but she couldn't speak, so instead just dropped her head in disappointment.

The Bellossom couldn't really speak either. On one hand, she wanted to go back to her dancing and leave this Kirlia to her own sad situation. On the other hand, she couldn't help but feel bad for the poor Kirlia. She knew that if she were unable to dance, she would be extremely depressed.

Of course, it was just as she was thinking this that she happened to glance down at the Kirlia's legs and gasped in shock. “That's it!” she yelled happily, grinning with glee at her discovery.

“What is it?” Kirlia asked once more. She was getting tired of having to constantly ask the Bellossom about things, but this seemed to be important enough to warrant another question.

“Your legs! They're absolutely perfect for dancing!” the Bellossom shouted again. When Kirlia put her hands over her ears however, the Bellossom lowered her voice, “I think I may just be able to help you learn how to dance.”

Kirlia stood in bewilderment for a moment, before mumbling, “You'd really help me learn how to dance?”

The Bellossom smiled warmly. “Of course! We wouldn't want a body perfect for dancing to go to waste, would we, girls?” the Bellossom turned around to face the other Bellossom after saying this. They all nodded in agreement.

“No, we wouldn't!” their voices yelled in unison.

“No, no, NO!” the Bellossom practically shrieked. “You need to let yourself go, don't try to copy everything I do!” she sighed in exasperation and shook her head.

Kirlia gritted her teeth. A week had passed since the Bellossom had decided to teach her how to dance, and no progress had been made despite the hours spent every day trying to improve her terrible dancing skills. If my body is so perfect for dancing, then why can't I do it?! She thought to herself in frustration. Earlier that week, after informing her parents that she would be practicing with the Bellossom, her mother, a wise Gardevoir, told her that one could focus better when they didn't have to attend to some needs. Thus, she decided not to eat until she, at the very least, mastered one technique.

Unfortunately, instead of helping her keep her sights set on dancing, the lack of nutrition only served to further fuel her agitation at...well, almost everything. Bellossom, for not having taught her anything in the past week. Her mother, for even suggesting that she starve herself in the first place (although she hadn't exactly said that). Mostly, though, she was angry at herself, for having a structure built for dancing yet not being able to do so. Stupid! Why can't you just learn one basic move?! She was on the verge of crying by now, but she blinked back her tears, afraid that the act would only make the Bellossom more tired of her recent failures that were all Kirlia's fault.

The Bellossom noticed this, and her expression softened. She walked over and placed a hand on the Kirlia's shoulder. “Listen, I know this is hard for you. But I think you can do this if you just keep trying,” she spoke in a calm, reassuring voice.

Kirlia looked at the Bellossom's face and saw her kindness. She took a deep breath and relaxed. Closing her eyes, she took a small jump forward, filled with hopeful expectation.

...Only to trip on an unusually large pebble and fall forward, flat on her face. The Bellossom held back laughter as the Kirlia screamed what had to have been swears, although the mossy earth muffled her cries. The Bellossom shook her head once again before moving forward and helping Kirlia back up. “You really shouldn't use such vulgar language,” the Bellossom told Kirlia, waggling her finger teasingly.

Kirlia glared at the Bellossom, although there was a playful smile on her face. “So what did you mean earlier by 'letting myself go'?” she asked the Bellossom, changing the topic.

“Well, you need to relax,” the Bellossom replied.

Kirlia face-palmed. “I have relaxed some, in case you haven't noticed,” she muttered, although her rage from before had completely dissipated. Now she merely sounded exhausted.

“What I mean is, you've got to let your emotions control your movements. You can't just move wherever your mind thinks will look best to watchers,” the Bellossom said.

“Emotions?” Kirlia's question hung in the air, as the metaphorical gears in her brain turned. What were those again? I'm pretty sure Mother mentioned them once...

The Bellossom was genuinely surprised by this unexpected response. “You really don't know what emotions are? They're what make you who you are. Emotions are anger, sorrow, joy, desire-” she stopped, realizing her explanation was droning on, before continuing, “Anyways, they're the key to dancing, so you have to be able to feel them if you want any hope of dancing.”

Kirlia suddenly remembered something her parents had told her a few years ago, about emotions being an impairment on the mind. “You don't need to feel emotions too much, sweetie. They take up too much knowledge in your mind and cause needless thinking. You should try to ignore any inward feelings you have.” She blinked, pulling herself out of the memory. “My parents told me that emotions are useless though,” she told the Bellossom.

The Bellossom almost gasped, but kept her mouth shut. She tried to look neutral as she answered the Kirlia's question, “Well, I'm sorry to say this, but your parents were wrong. You've been letting your emotions run free all the time. Remember how angry you got earlier at falling down? That was an emotion, and you felt it intensely.”

Kirlia blinked. She was somewhat reluctant to believe the Bellossom, since her parents were extremely wise and their species valued smarts above all else. Yet the Bellossom had been correct about most things so far, and she knew that even the most knowledgeable of beings could be incorrect sometimes. “So I just have to let my...emotions control my actions?” she asked the Bellossom, almost hesitatingly. The Flower Pokemon nodded encouragingly. Kirlia closed her eyes, and let her thoughts begin to sink into nothingness. Just let yourself go...I'm calm...calm...Before she could completely relax her muscles, she let them tense and moved her body instinctively.

A cry of joy awakened her from her relaxation, and she opened her eyes to find the Bellossom screaming, “You did it, Kirlia! You let yourself go, and you did it!”

From then on, Kirlia used her emotions to allow herself to dance. When she grew older, mated, and had children of her own, she also taught them to let their emotions out. Dancing became a common hobby among the Kirlia in the area, and over time, instead of knowledge, emotions became the most valued trait in their species. Thus, as the ages went by, all Kirlia became known as the Emotion Pokemon.
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 06-08-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Just to add the é to the title. :]
Old 06-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Accepted, of course! ^^

Thank you for submitting, Gallant! We here at the library greatly appreciate it. This tale shall be put in display in the library's shelves for all to see!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!