Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 05-21-2012, 03:39 AM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn
Default Re: Voice Acting Contest with a $100 prize - Season 2

Wasn't that a horrible horrible Necro-post? On a side note, I'm totally going to try and do it. I do drama at my school, so voice acting can't be that much more difficult. Hopefully...
Old 05-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Yes, it was, but it doesn't matter. xD SAYS ME. Oh, really? O: You should totally try out! (We do voice acting stuff on this site too, Hay. xD)

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:52 AM
haybalebarn Offline

We do? Coulda fooled me! Where? And yes, I will try out. I'm most worried about my mic quality, actually.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

I wouldn't think it as too much of a necro post, considering it's both relevant and people are going to respond to it, but that aside...

Sounds interesting. Might enter if my mic will cooperate and I don't have a ton to do.

Also, Hay, yes we have a whole thread dedicated to it, although I forget where since no one has posted there in forever, and there's going to be a WAR section for VAing as well--back by popular demand.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 05-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Woo! I entered! 8D

XDDDD You guys, the voice acting stuff is STICKIED in THIS section. XDD I put up another voice acting thread in the creative writing section though, in case anybody wants to voice act a story or have their stories voice acted.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Winter Offline

...Yeah, theads that haven't been replied to since December of 2011. I'm not really thinking that's going to help too much, especially since a lot of the members in the VA index are inactive/just came back for WAR. PE2K just doesn't seem to have a really active VA community.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
...Yeah, theads that haven't been replied to since December of 2011. I'm not really thinking that's going to help too much, especially since a lot of the members in the VA index are inactive/just came back for WAR. PE2K just doesn't seem to have a really active VA community.
No, it's definitely not a big community. But it still HAS one. xD I would LOVE if it was active...people just don't seem to want to do stuff. .-. It's a shame in my opinion. Dx I really want somebody to post an excerpt of a story or a roleplay or just anything they want to voice act so we can do it... An ongoing project would be really cool, but a lot of work. Dx I'm pretty jammed doing my interviews and the podcast as it is. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Winter Offline

Well, I knew when I started that there was a community here, but I also knew they weren't too active, so I didn't bother trying to get into VAing here. I ended up on VAA, myself. Maybe we could get some of the more active people interested in VAing together and try to pick something to VA ourselves? It would be pretty cool to have an ongoing project, or maybe even a project spanning different creative areas, but yeah...lots of work, though I wouldn't mind helping if something were to be planned/in the stages of planning (I'm horrible at planning/organizing things myself).

Old 06-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Ahhh!! I want to enter this! I need a good audition! Any ideas?

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Well, I knew when I started that there was a community here, but I also knew they weren't too active, so I didn't bother trying to get into VAing here. I ended up on VAA, myself. Maybe we could get some of the more active people interested in VAing together and try to pick something to VA ourselves? It would be pretty cool to have an ongoing project, or maybe even a project spanning different creative areas, but yeah...lots of work, though I wouldn't mind helping if something were to be planned/in the stages of planning (I'm horrible at planning/organizing things myself).
Yeah. I'm not sure HOW to get people interested is the thing. Dx I'd definitely like to. Maybe I could encourage it through asking people who are on my interview show or something. I imagine people like that might like to do some voice acting, especially if they have mics and whatnot. And yeah, a group project would be kinda difficult... I'd have no idea how to do something like that, or what to base it on, or how to incorporate a few different sections. o: But I'd like to get something organised if I/we can! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerful Cherubi View Post
Ahhh!! I want to enter this! I need a good audition! Any ideas?
You better do it reeeeeeally quick. And I dunno. xD Just make up some lines and do some voices to them.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Winter Offline

I think the only way to really get people interested would be to show them it's here. Here on the forums, voice acting isn't really talked about much. It was popular enough for it to get a WAR section, but do people really know we have a serious section for it? Maybe we could get a few of the known VAs on the forums together and do something to show that it's done here? Maybe try and come up with some kind of audio story that's not based on a fanfiction or pull off a fandub or something? As for ideas on incorporating everyone, provided we could keep everyone on it/get enough support in the first place, maybe we could get some fanfiction writers to come up with a story get somme of our artists to animate it, and then have it voice acted? Ambitious and most likely difficult, but if we got enough dedicated people on it, it might work.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 AM
haybalebarn Offline

Personally Winter, I think that's a great idea. If there's going to be some voice acting project around on the forums, I would love to be interested. Another obvious thing is to make sure that any large VA project that's made get posted on the front page of the website.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Honestly I'm not willing to bet that people will/can animate for it. Not at all. Dx It's WAY too much effort for a project like this. I mean, simple stills maybe, but even then we'd have to have something substantial. A fandub...now that could work. I would love to do a fandub. I would love to completely take an anime out of context and make it sound like it's following some completely different storyline...like, about cheese or something. XD

I DO like the idea of getting the voice acting section going. However, it's much easier said and suggested than done. Maybe we should create a discussion thread to talk about this instead of using this thread. XDD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Honestly I'm not willing to bet that people will/can animate for it. Not at all. Dx It's WAY too much effort for a project like this. I mean, simple stills maybe, but even then we'd have to have something substantial. A fandub...now that could work. I would love to do a fandub. I would love to completely take an anime out of context and make it sound like it's following some completely different storyline...like, about cheese or something. XD

I DO like the idea of getting the voice acting section going. However, it's much easier said and suggested than done. Maybe we should create a discussion thread to talk about this instead of using this thread. XDD

~GS.
Animating is easier than you think. :D If you can draw, you can animate. If you want a free program, I can send it to you via Skype.

Quote:
I think the only way to really get people interested would be to show them it's here. Here on the forums, voice acting isn't really talked about much. It was popular enough for it to get a WAR section, but do people really know we have a serious section for it? Maybe we could get a few of the known VAs on the forums together and do something to show that it's done here? Maybe try and come up with some kind of audio story that's not based on a fanfiction or pull off a fandub or something? As for ideas on incorporating everyone, provided we could keep everyone on it/get enough support in the first place, maybe we could get some fanfiction writers to come up with a story get somme of our artists to animate it, and then have it voice acted? Ambitious and most likely difficult, but if we got enough dedicated people on it, it might work.
I would recommend having a VA meeting done via Skype, but it seems that GS has some pretty Skype demanding projects as it is. Perhaps at least an IM chat or something. I recommend also doing more to get the attention of the website. Recall all the public attention we got when Xanthe and I did the Twitter conversation? We even got some fans out of that. Publicity stunts. Utilizing the Youtube channel we have opened would also be strategic. It is not just strictly for voice acting too, so remember that people who come across for other things will want to check out some of our VAing too. :D
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Winter Offline

Provided my stepdad will let me use the wifi on my laptop at my mother's house (because everything is now password-protected and only he knows how to work the stupid things), I think a Skype meeting like what was suggested on the Interactive Projects Ideas thread was a good idea, but I'd wait on GS's opinions on that one. Trying to get attention on the site would be why I suggested we get a few of the VAs on site that are still active (or new guys interested in giving it a shot, since those seem to be popping up now) and try to do something we can post up on the site to attract attention. No, I did not recall the Twitter stunt because I do not have a Twitter nor am I remotely interested in it, so I wouldn't know about that. Considering that if we were working on a project that involved more than audio or fanfiction we would need someplace to host it, so the YouTube channel would be quite useful.