Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 02:50 PM
CloudyPikachu Offline

Default A question that's been kind of worrying me..

Well, recently I started soft-resetting in Pokemon SoulSilver for a shiny Chikorita, and thankfully I got one, but when I go to the Pokemon Roster screen, you know the one that shows your six pokemon, well the icon of the chikorita is normal, not shiny. However, when I go to the summary page, it's shiny, and the dex no. is in red and it also has a red star. Is all of that normal?
Old 04-21-2012, 04:40 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly
Default Re: A question that's been kind of worrying me..

(I don't have HG/SS; I'm using my shiny knowledge based on B/W)
From my B/W game, yes it is normal. I have three shinies, and that's the way it's displayed for my shinies in the game.

Shun the non-believer
Old 04-21-2012, 07:13 PM
goldwynaut Offline

yup, the game freaks were to lazy to make the shiny box-sprites, so they never show up shiny on your list, and they do have a red star, a red star, thats the reason you should,nt use shinys, they are sends from hell by the devil lol, and the dex no is also red, its normal. hey, pokemon no:666 in shiny with the red star omg lol
Old 04-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Flan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyPikachu View Post
Well, recently I started soft-resetting in Pokemon SoulSilver for a shiny Chikorita, and thankfully I got one, but when I go to the Pokemon Roster screen, you know the one that shows your six pokemon, well the icon of the chikorita is normal, not shiny. However, when I go to the summary page, it's shiny, and the dex no. is in red and it also has a red star. Is all of that normal?
Yes, that's normal. Gamefreak didn't program in shiny sprites for those, so they'll always appear normal in your roster list and PC boxes. The red star and dex no. is just another indicator that the Pokemon you have is shiny, which is helpful in case the Pokemon's shiny color is very similar to their normal color. I recommend you read this to learn more about shinies. c:
1634 7867 9741 - heartgold
Old 04-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Yeah. But it's funny, because in HG and SS, if you have a shiny pokemon and put it first in your party, it follows you around...and THAT sprite is shiny. It's so inconsistent. xD But from what I know, the overworld are programmed to appear for each pokemon, so they would essentially need to program shiny pokemon as different pokemon for the icon to be changed your your party. I would say there's the problem of a very limited palette (and they're preset as well) although overworlds in general share that palette, and they're fine. xD It's kind of too much effort to go to have the icon shiny, especially since all it does is bounce in your party, or sit in your box. Whereas the icons following you in HG and SS are more important and more detailed. Plus there are more sprites to the overworlds than the icons, so it's more important.

/ramble

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

It's completely normal. Although, having shiny box and party sprites would be a cool addition in like gen 6 or something...
Old 06-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

So your answer is the lazy game engineers. I hope that was what you were looking for citizen .

Under code 1281 this thread is now closed. You have been Judged

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Closed Thread