Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Have YOUR story voice acted!

Have Your Story Voice Acted

SO HEY! I'm kind of sick of making threads like this with fancy intros and large multi-coloured headings, so I'm just gonna get to the basics.

What is the purpose of this?
You get to have your story voice acted, that's what. You submit an excerpt of your story you want people to voice act, choose some actors, or leave it up to them to volunteer. Assign them to characters or let them choose, and then wait for them to record their lines and send them to one person among them to compile your story into an .mp3 file or .wav. They will then upload it an post it here for your hearing pleasure! There's also the option of getting art for it and allowing somebody like myself or Pe2k Voices (Mike) to create a video for you to upload to our official Pe2k Voices Youtube channel.

Getting something voice acted
Post on this thread an excerpt of your story that you want voice acted. There can be as many characters as you like, really, as long as it's not, like...100. xD But as long as you can find actors for your characters/as long as there are enough actors, go for it. If you want a specific voice type for a character, please specify what type of voice you'd like, or what kind of voice you want the actor to put on, and how it's said. Feel free to give a description of a character's voice.

Where/what to post
You have a number of options when it comes to choosing or assigning actors to your characters. You can either wait for people to volunteer and request to be a certain character and let them do that, or you can ask specific actors (whose names will be posted in this thread once people start to show interest) through PM or VM or wherever. Please don't stalk them to the houses, though. I refuse to take responsibility for stalker claims and such. :P Voice index is here. Keep in mind some actors might not be up for voice acting anymore, as that thread may be a bit outdated. I suggest checking with those actors specifically and ask if they are still in the biz.

So you post in this thread, just a casual normal post, and just below I will tell you the general appropriate form of submission.

Format:
It is advised that you submit your excerpt in script form, but you are allowed to post the actual excerpt as well to give a bit of context/background to the scene you want voice acted. It is also advised that you post your excerpt in spoiler tags by typing [spoiler] *excerpt goes here* [*/spoiler] but without the *

An example of the preferred formatting is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina
EDIT: Oh, I got it. Who remembers Rock Megaphone? (I'd be Cantre.)

Original Text:
Spoiler:
"Check it out, Cantre!" She squealed excitedly. "Isn't this place big?"

"Yes, Shiva," the purple-gray Pokemon grunted in response. "This place is big."

"What do you think is in it?" Shiva was beaming.

"A labyrinth that makes you think you've gone to a different dimension," he said calmly, not shifting his gaze from the mountain or skipping a beat.

"What?" Shiva clearly wasn't expecting this quick response. She stared at her Aerodactyl friend, dark blue head-fins twitching slightly.

"That's what happened to Caro, Kris, and Helio, wasn't it?" Cantre replied in the same calm voice, twitching his spade-tipped tail slightly. "You didn't honestly believe they got turned into humans, did you?"

"Well… yes." Shiva scrunched her sky-blue brow slightly.

"Really? Well, I didn't." With that, Cantre flapped his wings a few times and was eventually able to get into the air. He then met Shiva's confused look and said, "We're going in, aren't we?" Cantre wanted to tell himself that he expected Shiva to declare that they were entering the cave – not to make it seem like he wanted to go in.

Mew, no.

Cantre had no desire to go in that place, even if it was big.

"Yeah!" The Vaporeon suddenly snapped to attention, her feline body jumping slightly. "Yeah, we're going in right now!"

Cantre made an extremely strange noise that sounded like a mix between a dubious 'hmm' sound and a groan. Shiva padded excitedly into the cave entrance, blue fish-tail swishing like a wrecking ball behind her. Cantre watched the Vaporeon go in, and then followed her into the opening in the rocks.

The dynamic duo weren't in the labyrinth-cave for long before they came across a fork in the path. Cantre swooped onto a rocky ledge and perched there, suddenly strongly resembling a vulture perched on a tree branch. He acted like one, too; staying silent, watching the Pokemon he was focused on with a straight face and an unwavering gaze.

Shiva stood in the three-way intersection, staring down one path and then the other. She pondered, looked from one path to the other, trotted around sniffing the entrances, making a small 'mew' sound and listening to the vibrations, and a variety of other strange gestures that were apparently supposed to aid their situation.

Cantre didn't see how this helped. At all.

She eventually made a decision, and padded down the corridor on the right. Cantre swooped in after the Vaporeon, finding no objection in her plan (mostly because he wasn't following her logic in the least). He honestly had no idea which path to go down, or how Shiva knew which one to follow from her in-depth examination of the rocky corridors.

Evidently, she didn't either.

A loud scream brought Cantre to a screeching halt. He felt his wings locked in the spread out position for a split second. The feeling was gone a second later as the Aerodactyl instinctively hugged his wings to his chest, and the purple-gray Pokemon fell like a stone.

As he hit the ground with a yelp of pain, Shiva's blue face appeared out of the semidarkness. His small, dark, highly irritated eyes darted up to meet hers.

"What… was that for…?" Cantre groaned, slightly muffled by his mouth being parallel with the floor. He wanted to yell at her, but the physical pain that was going through his body like a shock of electricity was sapping his energy.

"There's a monster in there!" the blue Pokemon whined in response, the mane-like, baby blue fin circling around her neck making her look that much more like a monster herself. Cantre rolled his eyes.

"A monster. Really." He moaned, picking his head up off of the ground to allow a range of movement for his jaw. The Aerodactyl soon got up onto his feet again, and crouched in that position on his hind legs. "Show me where your 'monster' is." He flapped his wings again, and with some effort (due to the lack of gales) was in his proper place above Shiva's head.

He took an opportunity to dive for a Golbat that had decided to stare at the odd duo of Pokemon. A quick Thunder Fang to the throat (as was Cantre's custom – he really enjoyed attacking to the throat for some reason, like most members of his species) dispatched the Pokemon quickly.

A few seconds passed, and Shiva halted again. Cantre kept going and made an intriguing and highly dangerous flying leap onto another ledge, where he turned around to stare at Shiva with his vulture stare. She was pointing with one small, shaking paw at the inky darkness that was looming about ten feet away. Cantre turned his pointed head to follow her directions, but failed to see anything. He prepared to take another leap into the air again.

"I-it was shrieking!"

"I didn't hear anything."

"Well, I did!"

Of course, he failed spectacularly. The Aerodactyl was once more flung to the floor of the cave, letting out another pained grunt. When he opened his eyes, however, there was no monster lying in front of his snout. Cantre tried to focus on the object, but found he couldn't and brought himself to a crouched position once more. He directed to Shiva with his tail to get herself over to him. Now curious, the watery Pokemon padded over to the grounded Rock-type.

"What is it?" she asked.

"This," Cantre said in a bemused tone, holding up the item he had found on the floor, "is your monster." Shiva stared at the large screw in Cantre's clawed wing-hand, a look of disbelief on her face.

"But… it made a noise," she whimpered at last.

Cantre groaned and flung the screw over his shoulder. "It might have come from a monster of some sort," he growled, "but it has no life force of its own. I'll bet you five hundred Poke that that thing came from a certain Magneton who came in this place not too long ago."

Shiva tilted her head to one side. "Do you think that came from Helio?"

"How should I know?" Cantre growled in his gravelly voice, "Besides, it isn't important anyway. Helio's gone. Dead, probably. So are the other two. There's nothing here – we should take another route."

Script:
Spoiler:
Characters: SHIVA (shee-vah) and CANTRE (canter). Shiva is a female Vaporeon with a high, bubbly voice, and Cantre is a male Aerodactyl with a considerably darker one.

{Narrative: Shiva and Cantre, the members of Rescue Team Kamikaze, stand before the entrance to a Mystery Dungeon in the side of a tall mountain.}

SHIVA: Check it out, Cantre! Isn't this place big?

CANTRE: Yes, Shiva. This place is big.

SHIVA: What do you think is in it?

CANTRE: A labyrinth that makes you think you've gone to a different dimension.

SHIVA What?

CANTRE: That's what happened to Caro, Kris, and Helio, wasn't it? ...You didn't honestly believe they got turned into humans, did you?

SHIVA: Well… yes.

CANTRE: Really? Well, I didn't. ... ... ... ...We're going in, aren't we?

SHIVA: Yeah! Yeah, we're going in right now!

CANTRE: Hmm.

{NARRATIVE: The two enter the cave. Shiva stops to think about what to do with the fork in their path, and soon picks the right fork. Cantre follows her in, but...}

SHIVA: AIEEE!!

CANTRE: /hitting the ground. ...Gah! What was that for?

SHIVA: There's a monster in there!

CANTRE: A monster. Really. ...Nngh... Show me where your 'monster' is.

{Narrator: Shiva leads Cantre further in to the cave, but it's too dark to make anything out.}

SHIVA: I-it was shrieking!

CANTRE: I didn't hear anything.

SHIVA: Well, I did!

{Cantre goes over to investigate...}

SHIVA: What is it?

CANTRE: This... is your monster.

{Cantre holds up a large metal screw, previously lying on the floor of the cave.}

SHIVA: But… it made a noise.

CANTRE: /groan. It might have come from a monster of some sort, but it has no life force of its own. I'll bet you five hundred Poke that that thing came from a certain Magneton who came in this place not too long ago.

SHIVA: Do you think that came from Helio...?

CANTRE: How should I know? Besides, it isn't important anyway. Helio's gone. Dead, probably. So are the other two... There's nothing here – we should take another route.
Limitations:
There are pretty much no limitations on how long the script can be. Don't make it horrendously long, however, because smaller is possibly better.

Voice acting something
Check this thread every now and again for parts you might be able to have. If the person posting the excerpt to be voice acted specifies the type of voice they would like for a character of theirs, keep that in mind and ensure you are adhering to their requests/suggestions.

How to record:
First off, you need a microphone. Without one, you simply can't voice act. xD Some laptops, such as my (shoddy) Macbook, which has a small inbuilt mic above the screen (however, I don't use it because it's annoying and in a bad place for something like voice acting), but using a USB or line-in microphone will probably work better. Anyhow, go and download Audacity for Windows or Mac and find your way around it. It's a fairy simple program, with the record button and the ability to edit the tracks by selecting things and deleting them, or moving them, or anything like that. If you aren't know how to use it, I'm sure you could find plenty of tutorials. Once you have recorded your lines, click Export and to export it as an MP3, you will need to install Lame, which is an official program to go with Audacity (which means it's safe and free, etc).

Where do I upload it to?
Go for Tindeck. It's nice, easy, and you can post the image thing that looks like this:
Quote:
In the case that you don't want to create an account simply for this, I have created a Pe2k account that may be shared by the people who want to upload things there. Please PM me if you want the account name and password, and I will only give it to you if you are actually going to submit your lines to that account/site. And you are not to give this password to anybody. As would be expected.

Then what?
One person on that team (maybe the person who has asked for the voice acting to be done of their story, or another person if they're unsure how to do it) will get all of the lines for the project (you can post them here or PM each other) and assemble them using Audacity or another program of their choice, add non-copyrighted music to it (unless you don't want it to be put on Youtube; if it's put on Youtube you are not permitted to use copyrighted music) and export it as an mp3.

Notes:
If you want to learn more about our Youtube channel, you may visit the Official Pe2k Voices Thread. You can also find copyrighted music information on that thread, as well as some listed sites that you can use to look for appropriate music.

So! This pretty much covers everything. If you have any questions, post them here or PM me. If you have any scenes in mind you'd like voice acted, please start posting! Have fun, guys.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:23 AM
alaskapidove Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Have YOUR story voice acted!

Hi, I think this is the correct thread to post in. I'm looking for people interested in voice acting URPG: The Musical. You don't necessarily have to sing, but if you can, that'd be great. It's pretty long and has quite a few characters, so I'll post a link to the original story and see if anyone's interested before I edit it to make it a script:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f396/urp...6/#post3776294
Old 06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
larvitard27 Offline

if you guys need someone to voice act i'll do it, i have a complete aarsenal/array of voices.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

If GS is up for it, I can see what can be done! :D
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

As long as you have lines for a female that don't involve cussing, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot--gives a chance to promote VAing on the forums. I have a multiple accents and pitches I can do...I really need to just shut up and record a demo...

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 PM
larvitard27 Offline

i'm a dude, so yeah.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 PM

I dunno about you, Larvitard, but I've been able to do quite the girl voice in my day. xD Srsly, ask GS.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:43 PM
alaskapidove Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Wow, you guys are great! I don't know if you want to read the story and pick a character or what you want to do... Erm... What do you want to do?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskapidove View Post
Wow, you guys are great! I don't know if you want to read the story and pick a character or what you want to do... Erm... What do you want to do?
I would recommend you copy the excerpt you want from the RP, turn it into a script, that way we can get an easy feel for it.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Winter Offline

I'm used to VAA format--character name, personality/what the person casting wants the voice to sound like, and audition lines, but then there's what PE2K Voices suggested...

Unfortunately, I am notorious for having a short attention span when reading something. XD If it doesn't grab my interest, I'm not going to get very far. Not sure how far I'd get with trying to read it as a whole, to be honest.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

I could /possibly/ do it if someone found a way to possibly remove any static my mic might infest the sound quality with. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. I would love to help, if needed, though. If you look at my 21 Questions interview, that's my casual talking voice. I can go a bit higher, but not much. XD
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

OOO: I'm not inclined to jump straight in and sing, but I guess I could if I had to. it depends. Dx

And yeah, Alaska, you generally listen to the actors' voices and see which ones you think would go well for which characters and maybe give suggestions--otherwise, give a brief criteria for each character and actors will volunteer for a specific character.

Mike stop mentioning me. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight of the Stars View Post
I could /possibly/ do it if someone found a way to possibly remove any static my mic might infest the sound quality with. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. I would love to help, if needed, though. If you look at my 21 Questions interview, that's my casual talking voice. I can go a bit higher, but not much. XD
You can actually do that yourself if you use the program called Audacity. It is a free download, and it has all sorts of amazing effects and tools for you to implement!

>:D You should ask GS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
OOO: I'm not inclined to jump straight in and sing, but I guess I could if I had to. it depends. Dx

And yeah, Alaska, you generally listen to the actors' voices and see which ones you think would go well for which characters and maybe give suggestions--otherwise, give a brief criteria for each character and actors will volunteer for a specific character.

~GS.
But why? It is so much fun! >:D
Old 06-28-2012, 01:11 PM
larvitard27 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

~GS.
i can do opera, or however you say that. don't judge me.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Winter Offline

Oh, yeah, Audacity is a GODSEND. XD My mic doesn't get a lot of stactic, but it does pick up on my fan, which can make my audio sound funny sometimes. I don't use it for much more than noise removal, but it should help get rid of your static.

And what, GS? No singing Australians? I'm not sure I can sing while continuing to use an accent, but that's about it...is are there actual music that this singing goes to?