Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:39 PM
camarokid Offline

Default Re: What will your Pokemon do? (Closed.)

"hello." Renegade smiled at Yumi. he rubbed one of her big furry ears. "My pikachu that you tripped on was Snyper."
Old 06-29-2012, 08:42 PM
sasunaru130 Offline

Yumi purrs. Yuki nods. "I'm still sorry about that."
Old 06-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Hi there, welcome to the forums! ^^

Just so you know, the RP boards here try to deter from one liner posts and usually have a Sign Up and or Disscussion for them, as well as a laid out plot line, even for role plays just consisting of two people. ^^'

If you haven't already, please check out this guide to role playing that we have here on PE2K. ^^ Also try looking around at the other board to get a feel for what the forum is like so you can post RP's without gettin' into too much trouble. Don't worry you're not in any trouble this time. XD

Again, normally I'd lock the thread immediately, but I'll give you guys a chance to edit your stuff. ^^ If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
sasunaru130 Offline

Thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry about that ^^', and thank you again. I'll try to be more literate in the future. I'll tell camarokid this as well.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:01 PM
camarokid Offline

This is as literate as I can get. I'll be sure to refrain from joining rps if thats going to be a problem.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

I think you misunderstand Sabi's point here, guys. She isn't telling you to be more literate--actually, you guys seem to be more literate than some of the people we get posting issue with in here. The problem is that you guys don't seem to understand how RPs work here. Firstly, when you want to make an RP, you create a plot/story for people to RP around and share this plot on the RP Sign Ups board, where you get peple to put in sign ups for your RP. Once you get what you deem to be enough people, you start the RP based around that plot. However, you guys had no plot and were posting simple one-line posts, which we discourage here because it gives people less to respond to. What Sabi's suggesting is simply that you guys look around the boards here and see how we RP here and give that a shot, but if you'd rather continue on with something like this, you are advised to please keep it to PMs.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Just popping in here to say that that's not an approach you should take to it, camaro, if length is a problem as well. ^^; We'd love for you to be able to RP here, but there are plenty of ways you can do to add a bit of length to your writing. Reading through your thread, I can't even imagine where you characters are at right now. Try describing your surroundings and your characters! :) Is it hot outside? Cold? Is it sunny? Cloudy? Raining? What does Renegade look like?

And what about the lab? Is it futuristic with self-opening doors and shiny steel walls? Or is it more like a prison with sturdy, locking doors and a dull, sad look to it? Is it a mix of both? None of the above? Is the floor metal or tile? There are plenty of things you can do to increase the length and quality of your writing! :)

Sorry, Sabi/Winter, just had to throw that out there. <3 Don't mean to seem like a minimod, just thought I should at least give them a tip or two, especially if one-liners would refrain from Camaro making an attempt to RP.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 06-29-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Lol, I'm not a mod, either, Sight. You're just trying to be helpful, same as everyone else--and it's not like Sabi or I mentioned that, so I'd count that as helpful advice.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 06-30-2012, 04:35 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokid View Post
This is as literate as I can get. I'll be sure to refrain from joining rps if thats going to be a problem.
As Winter and Sights have said, I mean more to the context of the post rather than the literacy. I should have been more clear. ^^'

Your literacy seems to be great from what I can understand from the few sentences, but here on PE2K, we encourage at least small paragraph posts. We aren't asking for essays of a post, just at least a small paragraph like the first post was. The first post was great for minimum length! Try to stick to that length and you'll be just perfect. ^^

We have a bit of an RP system here on PE2K as was mentioned with a Sign Up and Discussion thread. At the very least a summary of the plot, something to start the story off with, is put in the first post so people know what they're reading about.