Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:10 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX
Default Re: [WAR XI] Sprite Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Caleb this is very confusing. x__x Did you reject sprites that had scratched things? I don't see anything copied and pasted on WK's sprite...

Also, you're being a bit rude about this. o.o There's informative and helpful with a side of criticism, and then there's just rude, which is what you are being. >.> It's not very inviting. Stop it. D<

~GS.
They looked blatantly copied from the sprite. I wanted originality, not for it to look spot on like the pokemon, but also not to the point where I can't tell what it is. I'm sorry if I'm being rude, and White Knight, if you did indeed scratch those things on the clamperl, then I will take back my rejection, be it that you're more pleased with the clamperl as opposed to the Natu. But with Lisa Lynn and White Knight, they made those parts look so much like the original parts of the sprite, that it just took a single look to make it seem like those parts were copied.

So I'm a bit tough about it. Believe me when I say it's with the best intentions. I could have chose my words better, but if I think there's something wrong with it, it's optional to do something about it, or don't. I can't promise better points, but I can guarantee a grade, unless I outright refuse it. Which at this point is just Foxamivalth's sprite, which I'm kinda sad that he didn't make a new one. I'm not trying to make excuses for being rude or being a jerk. I'm aware of my actions, and if they're upsetting people, I shall resolve to be a bit easier on the participants. But I have my reasons for being so harsh.

Anyways, it's Sunday, new entries won't be accepted. I will begin grading.

White Knight, you're free to choose which sprite you like more, and I apologize for rejecting your sprite.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
They looked blatantly copied from the sprite. I wanted originality, not for it to look spot on like the pokemon, but also not to the point where I can't tell what it is. I'm sorry if I'm being rude, and White Knight, if you did indeed scratch those things on the clamperl, then I will take back my rejection, be it that you're more pleased with the clamperl as opposed to the Natu. But with Lisa Lynn and White Knight, they made those parts look so much like the original parts of the sprite, that it just took a single look to make it seem like those parts were copied.

So I'm a bit tough about it. Believe me when I say it's with the best intentions. I could have chose my words better, but if I think there's something wrong with it, it's optional to do something about it, or don't. I can't promise better points, but I can guarantee a grade, unless I outright refuse it. Which at this point is just Foxamivalth's sprite, which I'm kinda sad that he didn't make a new one. I'm not trying to make excuses for being rude or being a jerk. I'm aware of my actions, and if they're upsetting people, I shall resolve to be a bit easier on the participants. But I have my reasons for being so harsh.

Anyways, it's Sunday, new entries won't be accepted. I will begin grading.

White Knight, you're free to choose which sprite you like more, and I apologize for rejecting your sprite.
C:

Better. I'm sure everyone understands! The thing is, I know I miss things all the time, and it makes me sad to be berated instead of helped. Not that you berated people, but y' know, being gentle helps sometimes. XD And maybe you should check next time for things like White Knight's stuff. I was kinda unclear about a few things to do with this one as well, so I think my thing might have been rejected if I had posted it D: As in, by changing things too much (completely scratch, but still) so sometimes things can get confusing as well.

ily times a trilly.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:48 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

I believe Fox edited his original post with a new sprite.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:14 PM
White Knight Offline

Quote:

Actually thanks for that...I like the new entry better anyways~
So yeah, grade the Natu. c:

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

War XI
Sprite Art
Results
Week II
Pre-judge Note:
Hi again, peasants! I mean.. people! So this week there was a bit of confusion. I didn't think i'd need to go into extreme detail about what I wanted, but I guess it came off differently to some than to others. While this is perfectly fine, I'm picky, and I know what I want. If you're not about to meet those standards, don't expect a lot of points. Here's what I wanted, and excuse my previous harshness, but at least I'm honest. Anyways, what I wanted was a bit more originality, creativity, Last week, I didn't really care, because it was like, Week I, but in the next 3 weeks, you'll understand me a little better. This is Week II, pick it up, you know? Up the ante just a little bit. Anyways, looking past all the confusion, some really good sprites have emerged, so scroll down to see your results (as well as other peoples' results that you might not care about)!

--

Name: Cheerful Cherubi
WAR Team: Obscurity

Neatness: 8/10
Originality: 5/10
Outlines: 6/10
Shading: 8/10
Relevance: 6/10
Total: 33/50
Congratulations, you colored a Kirby purple, and gave it a tattoo. Doesn't really look much like Koffing, though. I can't quite give ya points for relevance because of that. If you had added some bumps and an "8D" sort of face, maybe scratched a bit of clouds, it would have been something amazing. The lines on that particular sprite are confusing, and they seem a bit off to me, not really your doing, but I can't say it deserves a good grade because of it. Props for the cuteness, though, like a little vampire Kirby. I'm betting right now, Velocity is kinda happy he didn't go with the Kirby sprite. Better luck, next time, though.

--

Name: Foxamivalth
WAR Team: AWESOME!

Neatness: 7/10
Originality: 6/10
Outlines: 7/10
Relevance: 7/10
Total: 35/50
Very plain, again. You aren't taking any chances are ya? I mean, yeah, it's a Whiscash, it looks like a Whiscash, but it's just a recolor with a W on his forehead. It would have scored you near perfect points, last week. I understand you were pressed for time, but you still could have done more. Maybe the patterns on the fin, or removed some of the whiskers. I mean, I like it, but it's not as much as I'd hoped it'd be.

--

Name: White Knight
WAR Team: Team Obscurity

Originality: 7/10
Shading: 7/10
Just a few things, like, the wings, there's a thicker black line on the wings of the original sprite, you could have done something about that, and it's all very blocky. I understand that you were also pressed for time, but it doesn't take a whole lot of time for some minor tweaking. Some of the lines were a little squared off, whouch should never be the case, and the face is a bit smooshed, where the beak is an obvious feature, as well as the eyes.

--

Name: Sealboy
WAR Team: Eggman's Empire

Neatness: 6/10
Originality: 9/10
Total: 36/50
SNOR-HULK SMASH! Man, I love this thing. It's not the best sprite, by any means, but it's hilarious, and totally original. I'll drop the "fail" off of the "Epic Fail" remark you made in your post, sir. Because this is truly epic.

--

Name: Lisa Lynn
WAR Team: Awesome!

Outlines: 8/10
Relevance: 9/10
Total: 40/50
My only real two issues with this is the lines around the tail area are too black, which differs from the rest of the sprite, and the face lacks shading all together. Other than that this is a reall good edit, and I like it a lot. Very original, very nice. Kudos.

--

Name: 2gamers
Team: Park Lords

Neatness: 6/10
Originality: 8/10
Outlines: 5/10
Total: 36/50
What were you thinking with those black lines around the legs, and head? Those eyes don't look like spinarak's eyes at all. I approve of the patterns on the backside and it's very cartoony, and appealing. Kinda dropped the ball this time, but hey, work on those lines, that's TOO MUCH black line.

--

Name:Frost Dragon
WAR Team: The Not-So-Super Friends

Neatness: 5/10
Originality: 7/10
You didn't get last place, this time. But you still need a lot of work. Neatness, let me tell you why this was low, Neatness is affected by everything else, and on top of that, you know those little back dots, and the kinda stray line by the rear leg, I don't care if it was on the original sprite, you could have removed them, and it would have looked better. Also, youre still using solid black lines where they aren't needed, Granted, Zoroark is a black Pokemon, so it's slightly forgivable, but there's just some areas where it didn't need completely black lines. keep working on this, because Week IV is gonna be one stupid hard test for you.

--

Name: Velocity
War team: Revolution Uprising

Neatness: 9/10
Originality: 10/10
Total: 42/50
Your entire outline is black. But I suppose that's the style. Do I hate that? No. Do I dislike it? Yes. But there's not much I can say about it that hasn't already drained me severely, today. The rest of it is fantastic. I love the expression, it's adorable, the shading is acceptable, it's clean, and it looks like a Vaporeon. It could have done without the stripes, but still, a really good job on that. For anyone looking through the sprites to see if this was copy and pasted at all, and it surprisingly wasn't. So That's why this got a good score, to be honest.

--

Name: sammy0295
WAR Team: The Eggman Empire

Shading: 10/10
Total: 41/50
Welcome to 20+ hours in MS Paint. That recoloring must have taken forever. It also looks like a Charizard. So, besides the lines and the awkward jaw placement, it's a really well done sprite. I enjoy the colors, too. Good job.

--

Name: FC
Team: .

Neatness: 9/10
Originality: 10/10
Outlines: 8/10
Shading: 10/10
Total: 46/50
Dang... Adorable... Didn't even use the Charizard color pallet. I'm impressed. The only thing I don't like are the dodgy lines at the base of the tale between the legs. This makes me happy. I think it's just because it's Spyro.

--

Winners!

War XI
Sprite Art
Week II

1st Place

Name: Frozen_Chaos
Team: .
Total: 46/50

2nd Place

Name: Velocity
War team: Revolution Uprising
Total: 42/50

3rd Place

Name: sammy0295
WAR Team: The Eggman Empire
Total: 41/50

--
Once more, congratulations to the winners! My biggest beef is these lines. You're ignoring lighting factors when you put solid black lines. They only need to be in places that face away from lighting. Even then one should try to shade them darker without it being totally black. Keep up the work! I'll see you for Week III!

Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

War XI
Sprite Art

Week III
Topic:

"Oh Maw Gawd! HOW DO I DO THIS FUSION?!"

What do I want you to do here? Fuse a minimum of 6 Pokemon sprites together into a single mega monster sprite. This is the biggest test for fusions that I can think of. Remember to keep it clean, I refuse to judge a sloppy mess of a fusion. I would never ask you to do something that I couldn't do myself. Refer to my past works to see my renditions. Be sure to include the 6 reference sprites separately.

The trick this time:

You can't use a Pokemon that a previous entry has used!

For instance, Foxamivalth posts first and has, like, Poochyena, Wailord, Kabutops, Raichu, Dewgong, and Stunfisk all fused together. (If you decide this, sir, good luck with all that) Those Pokemon would ultimately be his, and no one else could use them.

Good luck, I'm quite excited to see the results that you all have!

Last edited by XaiakuX; 07-09-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Are we allowed to reserve our Pokemon ahead of time?

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Name: Foxamivalth
WAR Team: AWESOME!
Submission:
Link: Click!

Pokemon Used:
Wailord - base
Raichu - tail as whiskers
Poochyena - legs
Kabutops - scythes as front legs
Dewgong - fins and lower body color
Stunfisk - tail as crown, back fin, upper body color

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Last edited by Foxamivalth; 07-10-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

WOW, so Caleb, by "mega monster sprite" I'm assuming you mean that we shouldn't limit our sprite to a small regular-sized pokemon sprite, but make it massive like Fox did above me? o:

I think reserving pokemon is cheating, guys! xD Of course, I don't make up the rules, but something tells me that Caleb won't want people to reserve either.

Oh, and congrats you three for winning! 8D You certainly each deserved it. Well done.

I. AM. DOING. IT. THIS TIME. I PROMISE.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:47 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
WOW, so Caleb, by "mega monster sprite" I'm assuming you mean that we shouldn't limit our sprite to a small regular-sized pokemon sprite, but make it massive like Fox did above me? o:
This is a negative. You're not allowed to scratch any part of this, you have to make them work together as whole. Even if it's something like using the certain small features on one sprite, just make sure you use a noticeable amount of those small features. Like in one of mine, I used the eyes and neck ring of an Ekans. Also be particular of using that one Pokemon's color pallet. This is just a thought, I'm not actually telling anyone to do this.

Reserving, however, is frowned upon, but is not forbidden. If you all wanna be lame, go ahead and reserve and take my fun away. =P

Last edited by XaiakuX; 07-09-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:22 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Call me lame, but I'm reserving some Pokemon because I have my sprite mostly done, but I still need to figure out how to add another Pokemon, which could take a while, and I do not want to have start over because someone steals my Pokemon.

So, I'd like to reserve Nidoking, Deoxys, Terrakion, Swampert, and Metang.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:32 PM
White Knight Offline

Name: Wite Nite
WAR Team: Obscurity
Submission:
Link: aqui!

SPRITES USED:
Spoiler:

: Le head
: Le base
: Le jewel and le colors
: Le feet
: Le wings
: Le arms (C/P'd with overlap)

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 07-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Quote:
This is a negative. You're not allowed to scratch any part of this, you have to make them work together as whole.
Great! I have to restart from the very beginning.

EDIT:
Quote:
For instance, Foxamivalth posts first and has, like, Poochyena, Wailord, Kabutops, Raichu, Dewgong, and Stunfisk all fused together. (If you decide this, sir, good luck with all that)
I am using all these sprites you gave me! D:<

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Last edited by Foxamivalth; 07-10-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
2gamers Offline

Few things:

1. You say "pokemon sprites", but do you mean actual pokemon or just sprites from the games (including trainers or...buildings)?

2. Do color pallets count as parts?

Can't say I'm in this. I was only able to do it last week because I had some time off. Might have to pass.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Okay! I'll reserve: Stoutland, Slugma, Chimecho, Octillery, Simisear, Palpitoad, Azumarill, and Cherubi.

Yeah. I'm going to die. I'll use at least six of these. I'll see what works. BUT THESE ARE MINE.

Signature made by Foxamivalth!