Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Trivia/Games

Trivia/Games Join in the Trivia games! Any trivia/games are accepted.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Game Idea Development (GID)

GID

Game Idea Development

~~~~~

Welcome one and all to the Game Idea Development: My Game Idea thread! This thread's purpose is for community members to build a game that they can all enjoy.

Purpose

The purpose of GID is to:
- Create perfect games
- Games that everyone has input in
- Games that need improvement
- New ideas that need improvement

Proposal

To propose a game, fill out this form correctly.

Code:
Title of the Game:
Brief Summary of your Game: 
How many Players(If applicable):
Parts that you feel need work:
Other(Add anything in you feel you need to add):
Forms that aren't filled out correctly will most likely cause more confusion than games who have the correct format. Grammar and spelling also have a role in avoiding confusion.

Participation

To participate in game development, you must follow a few simple rules.

1) All PE2K rules and Trivia/Games Codes of Conduct rules apply. These rules also apply to the rest of the section.
2) Be courteous and respectful when proposing and participating in game development.
3) Respect other's opinions. Though it may not be a great idea, speak your mind respectfully.
4) No flamming. As with Rule Three, you must be respectful to other's ideas and opinions.
5) Either propose or participate. Do not post unless it the post has meaning in this thread. Questions regarding this thread maybe posted here. Questions about the section may be posted in the Trivia/Games Discussion.
6) No inappropriate participation or propositions.
7) Use your best spelling and grammar. This will help avoid confusion.
8) One game at a time. We can only handle so much. Do not propose until another game is marked finished by the original poster or any trivia moderator.

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 07-10-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:46 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Game Idea Development (GID): My Game Idea (IN PROGRESS!)

Game in Development:

Games Finished:
Spoiler:

eishiba's Game - No definite title

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 07-22-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 PM
~Blast Burn

Staff

Head Staff

The head honchos of the whole thread. They monitor every aspect of GID.

Typhlosion Explosion - Founder and Head Trivia Moderator

Metal Gear Snivy - Trivia Moderator

Proposition Monitors

These guys watch over the propositions from members. They can approve or deny submissions with good reason.

Judge Dredd - Head Proposition Monitor and Global Moderator

Participation Monitors

These monitors monitor the participation of members and alert the Head Staff of any rule breaking or other PE2K crimes.

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 07-09-2012 at 11:31 PM.
~Blast Burn

Staff Recruit

Do you have what it takes to become a staffer for this thread? Well prove it!

~~~~~

To apply, fill out the following form:
Code:
Username:
Preferred Name:
Contacts(Do we contact you by VM, PM, AIM, YIM, ETC...?):
Position Applying for:
Qualifications for position:
Other(Anything else you feel you should add.):
You may post in this thread or PM any Head Staff.

(**NOTE**: Head Staff can only be Trivia Moderators.)

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 07-09-2012 at 11:59 PM.
~Blast Burn

Game Waiting List

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 07-10-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 AM
~Blast Burn

Post Reserve.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 AM
~Blast Burn

Post reserve.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
~Blast Burn

Default Re: Game Idea Development (GID)

Post Reserve.

GID is now officially open!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM
eishiba Offline

This is very very beta at the moment and most of this I have no idea, the idea just needs some direction.

Title of the Game:Battles for everyone? Pokemon battles RP game? I honestly have no idea what to name it. Maybe we could let people put in ideas for a title and who ever has the best title gets to pick the first two pokemon that battle.

Brief Summary of your Game: Well Typhlosion Explosion saw my thread but its basically people taking turns to write a battle for the two trainers. I'm sure we could do something about who the trainers are or something. One could pick the arena for the battle as well. It could be a forest, a field, under water, or floating in the air. Then the first person writes up how the beginning of the battle goes. My original idea was that anyone at any time could knock any Pokemon out but I was thinking of maybe a Pokemon must be in for two or three write ups before it can be knocked up, so that we have something to read. When a Pokemon faints, I thought maybe that person would end the turn, leaving the next person to pick a Pokemon to battle and begins with another write up. Or the person who faints it can select it. As far as the write up goes, I would hope there could be a couple of moves used or any kind of strategy A Pokemon may use. I know some writers are better than others and thats fine. I just hope it wouldn't be like the game where all that is written is:

Squirtle used Water Gun!

Its Super Effective!

Enemy Charmander used Flamethrower!

Its not very effective!

Squirtle was burned!

Thats kind of lame. There is no description. One could be really creative, like describing Squirtles water gun. And the heat from flamethrower and the fire didn't cause severe damage to the blubbery skin on Squirtle. Anyways, I'm just making ideas.

How many Players(If applicable): Anyone and Everyone can participate, one person at a time though.

Parts that you feel need work:THE TITLE! There might need to be a reserve list or something so that people know when they get to post or when their turn is. And just the battle in general. Technically I guess the entire thing needs work xD

Other(Add anything in you feel you need to add): I'm sure we could do double battles eventually but for now Ill just stick with one 'mon at a time.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:34 PM
~Blast Burn

A possible title could be something like Never Ending Battle or Unlimited Fights. Something like that I think would work. :o

As for the description, the next poster could describe the attack moves and then call out another attack.

"Jolteon's Thunder bounced off of Stunfisk as it laughed in amusement. Stunfisk then used Earthquake and it hit Jolteon spot on. Jolteon faints. Go, Leafeon!"
Old 07-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Okay, from looking at it, it seems like a game that would be focused on the ASB refs, because it would involve sort of an RP-like description, like in the battles. First, let's work on the name. Let's call it... Rumble Battle, for now. We'll finish the title later. And we'll make sure it doesn't get as simple and boring like the example you don't want. I think the turnstile would be like "Charmander, use Ember and try to hit Bulbasaur!" Then, "Okay, Bulbasaur, use your Vine Whip to dodge the attack!" That would work out, right? And then, what would happen next? Who would determine whether or not the move hits, or how much damage it would do? I suppose we could work on it next.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 07-16-2012, 05:37 PM
eishiba Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
A possible title could be something like Never Ending Battle or Unlimited Fights. Something like that I think would work. :o

As for the description, the next poster could describe the attack moves and then call out another attack.

"Jolteon's Thunder bounced off of Stunfisk as it laughed in amusement. Stunfisk then used Earthquake and it hit Jolteon spot on. Jolteon faints. Go, Leafeon!"
Yes, very much like that. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a lengthy post but atleast something so that readers would be into whats happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post
Okay, from looking at it, it seems like a game that would be focused on the ASB refs, because it would involve sort of an RP-like description, like in the battles. First, let's work on the name. Let's call it... Rumble Battle, for now. We'll finish the title later. And we'll make sure it doesn't get as simple and boring like the example you don't want. I think the turnstile would be like "Charmander, use Ember and try to hit Bulbasaur!" Then, "Okay, Bulbasaur, use your Vine Whip to dodge the attack!" That would work out, right? And then, what would happen next? Who would determine whether or not the move hits, or how much damage it would do? I suppose we could work on it next.
I was aiming for a more a more anime style battling similar to what we do in ASB. We describe the attack and such. The trainer could call out an attack if they wanted or I suppose the battle could be written as if just watching the two pokemon battle. As far as how much damage, it would be up to the writer. Again, similar to Anime, it wouldn't consist of how much damage you do. If Charmander were to attack with Ember against Bulbasaur, the writer could say things like how the attack singed(spelling) Bulbasaurs bulb. Or prehaps they could make Bulbasaur dodge the attack using its Vine Whip to thrust itself into the air. It would be totally up to the writer. The writer could choose to make his portion of the battle a close battle, blow for blow, or one sided with one Pokemon literally dominating the opponent. And Rumble Battle isn't half bad. Its sure better than mine :P
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
Yes, very much like that. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a lengthy post but atleast something so that readers would be into whats happening.

I was aiming for a more a more anime style battling similar to what we do in ASB. We describe the attack and such. The trainer could call out an attack if they wanted or I suppose the battle could be written as if just watching the two pokemon battle. As far as how much damage, it would be up to the writer. Again, similar to Anime, it wouldn't consist of how much damage you do. If Charmander were to attack with Ember against Bulbasaur, the writer could say things like how the attack singed(spelling) Bulbasaurs bulb. Or prehaps they could make Bulbasaur dodge the attack using its Vine Whip to thrust itself into the air. It would be totally up to the writer. The writer could choose to make his portion of the battle a close battle, blow for blow, or one sided with one Pokemon literally dominating the opponent. And Rumble Battle isn't half bad. Its sure better than mine :P
Something like, "Jolteon used Agility to run up into a tree to dodge Earthquake, then came back down and used Hidden Power. Stunfisk was badly damaged, but able to fight!" Maybe where a poster gets one move on one Pokemon each post?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

The idea is good so far and has got decent feedback. The only concern I have is finding an ASBL Ref that would have the free time for a game such as this. If you are looking for the battle to be done completely by the two people battling you should give them a chance to make a couple of moves.

Before It can be approved you will need to figure out how to determine a winner, or find an asbl ref that would do this. This should be figured out before the game can start.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-16-2012, 10:06 PM
~Blast Burn

I would think people would be reasonable and not make the other side faint so quickly. XD

I would say that the next poster posts the moves, not the same people each time. And then just a mod or something could go in and say it fainted.