Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: [WAR XI] Graphic Art

Title of your entry: Warriors of the Goddess of Light
Team you're on: Eggman Empire
Sources and Credits:
Dark Pit Render: http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/images/...pit_artnew.png
Pit Render: http://www.renderat.com/pit-kid-icarus-uprising-render/
Link to the entry: Click!

The renders pop out, but the actual image size is 515 by 515, I promise ;)

Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

WEEK 4 JUDGING RESULTS

Hmm, not sure where everyone ran off to, but I'm here, so let's do this. You two made this extremely hard to decide between who would get the gold. Nonetheless, you both did a FANTASTIC job.

DUNNO BY EMBREON
SCORE: 97/100

This is definitely an awesome piece, I've seen both Iron Man movies and the Avengers, so yeah, I know where this is coming from. The cloudy sky background is also great and the blast-like effects behind the image of Iron Man are pretty good as well.

A few things I would have liked to see different is the border isn't that easy to notice. I can kind of see a pink and white gradient going on in some areas, but in others, it looks like there's no border at all. The text could have been a bit bigger as well for additional emphasis since it does feel like you still had plenty of space to work with, but nonetheless, it's definitely legible. The black and red gradient is also alright, but I think something a little more eye-catching would have helped really bring it out.

WARRIORS OF THE GODDESS OF LIGHT BY CHARMANDER009
SORE: 100/100

Honest, I only hand out perfect scores when the piece itself is totally flawless, and this one's just that. Again, I just can't point out anything wrong with this one. The explosive and fiery cloud background is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I also love the border you gave it, it gives the whole thing a really nice, shiny gold like frame that looks fantastic. I also really like what you did with the two Pit and Dark Pit renders, making them pop out of the banner like that, while giving the whole submission a nice but subtle drop shadow that really brings it out.

WEEK 4 WINNERS

Very, very close race, you both did a really great job.

1nd Place (6 Points) - Charmander009 of Eggman Empire

Week 5's theme is on the way.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Because let's face it, who doesn't think dragons are cool? Thought so. Anyway, for the last and final week, go all out with a draconic theme. Anything with dragons, whether they're from Pokémon, DnD, Skyrim, or whatever, it's good to go for this one.

Parameters are here:
  • No size limitation this round. So yeah, make it as big as you want, or as small as you want.
  • Whatever text you want to add is totally up to you, but there should be at least something. Add as much as you want or at little as you want, just make sure there is at least one word on it.
  • There should be at least one render image, but you're free to add more than just one if you'd like.

Make it happen!

Old 07-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I'm getting this in before I lose internet and can't get it in...

Title: Dragon's Moon
Team: GUN
Sources and Credits:

Background images comprised of:

Link to Entry: Here

Notes from Artist:
Spoiler:
Okay so I added some effects to the renders...because Giratina looked so freakin' cool like that. Also if you notice in the words, certain letters are highlighted to create 'dragon' and you're probably wondering "Hey, that doesn't work with the other side, it's backwards!". That is because I used the ending letter instead of the first, so it's a bit backwards. That's how my phrase would fit... >> Anyway I added something to the sides because it looked a bit plain...hence where the other guys come in. I didn't want them to distract too much from the center piece, so made them intp phantomy things. Also, yes, that moon Giratina is on, is two seperate ones put together. That was a bugger of something to do since the images were two seperate sizes... ><
Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Nice banner, Sabi! :D

'Fraid I might not make it this week... as disappointing to me as that is... :( Gosh darn it, I love dragons ;^;

Nevermind, I whipped something up quick xD

Title: Twilit Dragon
Team: Eggman Empire
Sources and Credits:
Render--Zeldawiki.org

Don't shoot me because it doesn't have a border :x

Last edited by Charmander009; 07-29-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

WEEK 5 JUDGING RESULTS

And here we are, after five weeks of graphic art insanity, it's the final judging onslaught.

DRAGON'S MOON BY SARAIBRE RYU
SCORE: 94/100

Definitely a neat banner, I like the galactic and space background you have going on. Sure, I get that most of those effects were from renders, but you did a pretty awesome job combining them all together to fit into one piece. Not to mention the sphere that surrounds Giratina is a pretty cool effect and you did a nice job of incorporating that. I feel the other four Pokémon could have been a blended in a bit more, but they're alright. As for the text, I'll admit, I read it as "Destiny An Rises Echo As Unending" at first and got hit with a WTF moment, but then I tried reading it vertically and it made more sense as "Destiny Rises As An Echo Unending" which is a pretty cool phrase. The text effect itself is great and stands out, but the word "Unending" is a bit hard to read from the glow. Still, definitely a neat banner.

TWILIT DRAGON BY CHARMANDER009
SCORE: 72/100

Never played Twilight Princess (sorry, just got bored of Zelda games after Ocarina of Time), but that is a pretty kickass dragon picture. Only thing is, there's just not that much going on in the banner besides the render itself over a kind of murky brown background that isn't eye catching. To me, it just seems like you whipped this up a little too quickly. And yeah, a border would have been nice too, I've done them myself and it only takes a couple of minutes, if even. The text is alright, something besides a standard font would have been more eye-catching, and most of it can be read except for the second "R" right near the dragon's mouth.

WEEK 5 WINNERS

1st Place (6 Points) - Saraibre Ryu of GUN

And that's the game, thanks again for taking part! Definitely a truckload of great entries this year!