Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Voice Acting

I'm up for whatever female role you decide to stick me in. XD I'm not picky in the slightest.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 08-10-2012, 04:17 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Sorry, Mike. It's not really my voice per se, but lyrics and vocals aren't my thing. ^^'

Char, I'm interested. I dunno that my voice would be better than any of the actors they had to dub. But might be fun to give it a shot! ...Oh dear. We'll have to work on timing, huh? oO
Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 AM
Winter Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Sorry, Mike. It's not really my voice per se, but lyrics and vocals aren't my thing. ^^'

Char, I'm interested. I dunno that my voice would be better than any of the actors they had to dub. But might be fun to give it a shot! ...Oh dear. We'll have to work on timing, huh? oO
At least it's already dubbed, so all you gotta do is be able to say you line at about the same speed the VAs already in it do. Easier than trying to match speeds with something just in Japanese (my first attempt at dubbing required MUCH patience...at the time, there was no English dub available and it was my first shot at VAing, and he wanted us to try and do lip synching, too. SO. MUCH. RE-RECORDING!).

Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Hmm, I'm just starting to wonder about lip-synching xD I'm not sure I have much video editing skills... I think I might like to try, but... I'm not sure how it'll go, since I don't have any fancy software beyond Windows Movie Maker 7.

I was about to ask if you guys would mind if we edited the actual script a little to make it flow better, but... We might not have much choice xD

Lol, I kind of feel like a real voice castor here xD I'll take a listen to your guys' voice samples, and see what I might like to assign ya too. I'm kind of thinking already that Grace'd be awesome with either Elesa or that Team Plasma Grunt.

So... we could use some more men xD

Old 08-10-2012, 06:32 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Hey, if you'd like to alter and beef up the script, that would be cool! Just remember, that if it's purely vocal, we won't have the video to back us up. ;p
Old 08-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Winter Offline

Lol, it's more of a VA thing, not an editor thing--that's why English dubs might look a bit funny where lips are concerned--as far as I know, they have to work with the lip movements from the Japanese version, where it's animated to fit the Japanese VAs. Anyway, feel free to edit the script a bit...I dunno about anyone else, but to me the flow of some lines did sound a bit funny.

Char, you're probably going to laugh, but I have an actual voice demo if you wanna give that a listen...and Grace would totally make and awesome Elesa, IMO.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Hmm... Do you think the script would make much sense without the video? I think most of it was show-casing the world BW2 takes place in :o

But whoa, English dubs just made more sense to me xD I wonder... Well, I guess we could give it a shot, and see where it gets us xD
Quote:
“You know there’s this magical thing called a shower, right?”
I'm not sure what that line's from, but it made me laugh xD Nice demo, though! :D Hmm... this is a hard choice xD I that sarcastic tone you used in one of those lines would be fitting for the Team Plasma Grunt, or maybe even Mei :D

LoL, she would, wouldn't she? Grace, what do ya say? :D

Oh, and k_pop! I found your demo on the Voice Index thread--I think I might like ya to do Bianca's voice, if you're up for it. ^^ I do like the energy that the original VA put into her lines, (but I might edit the line to make it flow better and it's possible because the "camera"'s not even focused on her lips there xD) and I think your voice would match up nicely! ^^

Last edited by Charmander009; 08-10-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Winter Offline

Lol, yeah, I spend a bit too much time looking at stuff on VAA. XD

All the lines there were fanfic/RP character lines. The shower line was from my The Other Nobodies revived RP--it's Rei's first line to Bastia, who is standing outside in a total downpour while Rei is standing just inside the door. Not the voice I hear Rei having in my head, but the line worked to showcase the accent.

Well, you can pick whoever you feel suits me best. If needed, I can do both. *shrug*

Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Alright, now I'm slighty confused xD

Are we doing a fandub with or without the video? :P

And Roacheren, might I ask what an "RJ" is? :3

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roacheren View Post
If you want to become a RJ or anchor and are looking for some way to practice your voice for an audition you could simply visit such websites that provide such services at great prices.
No offence, but you sound like a spambot. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
Alright, now I'm slighty confused xD

Are we doing a fandub with or without the video? :P

And Roacheren, might I ask what an "RJ" is? :3

~Sealboy
Dude, how do we do a video dub without the video? We'd record the audio first, get rid of the audio of the actual film, and then get a bunch of sounds to compensate for the soundtrack and the sound effects, I'm assuming, since I don't think there's a way to simply replace the voices without getting rid of the rest of the audio, and then apply it all. Doing a dub of the video without the video would be a little pointless... XD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:53 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Somebody wanted soundtrack music? Filmscore, perhaps? Hmm? Hmmmmmm? I canz make substitution for you. For a priiiiiiizce... a priiiiiiiizce......

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 08-11-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:20 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

@Sealboy: Haha, no, we're going to try and use the video xD Really, it might sound strange not to use the video in this case, since none of the scenes coherently flow together, yah? One moment, we're on a boat--the next, we're running through a frozen city ^^'

I think I found a way to use the original audio with recorded audio on Windows Movie Maker--eh, but it's been a long time since I've messed with it xD STILL it would be awesome if we could come up with all new audio, music and sound effects included. Oh, which means that we need to find totally cool animal sounds for battling Pokemon 8D

Wait, TotS, did you make that? :O WHOA COOLNESS POINTS IN MY BOOK! Name your price, good sir!

Old 08-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Dude, how do we do a video dub without the video? We'd record the audio first, get rid of the audio of the actual film, and then get a bunch of sounds to compensate for the soundtrack and the sound effects, I'm assuming, since I don't think there's a way to simply replace the voices without getting rid of the rest of the audio, and then apply it all. Doing a dub of the video without the video would be a little pointless... XD

~GS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
@Sealboy: Haha, no, we're going to try and use the video xD Really, it might sound strange not to use the video in this case, since none of the scenes coherently flow together, yah? One moment, we're on a boat--the next, we're running through a frozen city ^^'
Teehee, I just had a stupid moment :L (I'M INNOCENT I TELL YE! INNOCENT!)

I gots myself a 'lil bit confused, so my bad xP I'm open for the punishment of having things thrown at me... IN MAH FACE! :D

Besides, I thought that doing it without the video would have made the audio make sense without making sense? (I'm just trolling y'all now xD)

I'm looking forward to this 'lil project :P I like to work with aweshum peoplez xD But only if you throw something at me >:|

Teehee, now, I don't really think I'd be able to help with the "WHO'S GONNA BE WHO?!" thingy (yes, I can be useless at times - you thought I was perfect, right?) so I'll feel free to leave that all to you guys :P But I can totally see Wints doing either/both of the Team Plasma Grunt and Mei (I just contradicted myself a 'lil bit... shut up) :D

xD

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Wait, TotS, did you make that? :O WHOA COOLNESS POINTS IN MY BOOK! Name your price, good sir!
Free, for you guys! :D Tell me when you want it, and I will work on it. Filmscore, all the way!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:50 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Ok, so that sounded really cool, TotS.

But, I dunno if we could replace all the sound effects. Even in the dub, a lot of the sound comes from the original, right?

Quote:
Oh, and k_pop! I found your demo on the Voice Index thread--I think I might like ya to do Bianca's voice, if you're up for it. ^^ I do like the energy that the original VA put into her lines, (but I might edit the line to make it flow better and it's possible because the "camera"'s not even focused on her lips there xD) and I think your voice would match up nicely! ^^
Sure, I guess I can do that. ^^