Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Silvar Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Silvar
Default Re: [FW] Dawn of Discovery (SU)

Edit: oh god double post. Glitchy phone. Don't mind me. >>;

Last edited by Silvar; 08-19-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
NES2 Offline

Wow, I'm sorry for the delay. Things on my end prevented me from responding earlier.

@Dragonwish2 - I read the sign-up and most of it is in order, but there is just a minor thing I should clarify. The Pokemon of Lurra share a common language, meaning they can understand one another, but have two forms of writing. Footprint, the former, is a sort of practical writing used in standard communication, while Unown glyphs are used in more official writings and documents. Basically, footprint is like an alphabet used by common people, while the Unown alphabet is used among the intellectuals and the upper class, and is kinda similar to Latin in it's usage.

But that is just a minor point made for future reference. Accepted.

@Ruta - That's perfect. Accepted.

@Silvar - Need I say more? Accepted.

Alright, I'm going to get the RP started too. Things came up yesterday, but I have time today to set up the thread. It'll be up within a matter of minutes.

EDIT: I'm moving the character profile directory there too, since the SU thread actually ran out of space.

SECOND EDIT: The RP thread is open. Get posting!

Last edited by NES2; 08-19-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Erm, I mentioned nothing of language in my sign up. I believe you mean Ruta, whose Crobat is a writer. But thank you for the acceptance.

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:41 PM
NES2 Offline

Naw, it's your post alright.

Quote:
Renee came upon a note, written in Minerian.
I just wanted to clarify that while there are two different alphabets in this world, all Lurra speak the same language. Therefore, there isn't exactly "Minieran" writing, but there are different types of it. It's a confusing solution, but it works for the RP.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Dragonwish2 Offline

Oh, woops. My bad. :) I meant to fix the history later anyways, I'll work on that when I do. Thanks for catching that.

Spoiler:
I'm DW2 from the GTS+, DrA, PFF, and DC. I'm known by the same name on all sites. You can call me Wish or Dragon or DW2 or whatever you'd like, as long as I respond to it. If you already know me on any of the aforementioned sites, feel free to shoot me a PM and say hello. If you don't know me, feel free to message me anyways.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Amarantha Offline

Send a message via MSN to Amarantha

Character Name: Scarlette Fierro
Pokemon: Blaziken

Faction: Kingdom of Nomade
Privateer Group:

Character Description: Even at first glance, one would be able to pick Scarlette out in even a crowd of purely her own kind. She is of the same basic colour design, and even height (6' 3" (though she adamantly claims she's a whole half and inch taller)). However, few things on her stick out, causing her to not go unnoticed. Firstly, is her colour; the bloodred body colour of your average Blaziken is crimson on her, and the cream-coloured "hair" and chest is a smoky grey instead. Other standoutish details would include her overall physique; after many years in the wilderness by herself has caused more muscle growth, giving her a more muscularly built body (though not completely look completely masculine). Although insignificant, her claws are longer and sharper and painted bright, canary yellow.

Character History: Scarlette was born in a village that was in the middle of a vast and virtually uninhabitable desert. Her mother was a woman already with two infants, and Scarlette was the result of a one-night encounter which was not supposed to be anything more than that, and when her mother pleaded with the man to stay, he fled without a word.

Her mother blamed Scarlette's birth for the loss of the former potential lifemate, and thusly, Scarlette lived most of her existence treated like a disease--a virus that was to be eradicated. Since they lived in a community which looked down upon any sort of child abandonment, Scarlette's mother was forced to keep the child she didn't want. So, she resorted to savagely beating Scarlette when they were in the privacy of their home. While out in public, she overtly showed her disgust for Scarlette, wherever they were seen together.

She had two older siblings; a brother and a sister. It was only when one of them stepped in between Scarlette and her mother, would that prevent any violence. And it was her older brother, Phoenix, who helped her whenever and wherever she needed it. It was his faith in believing that everyone--including Scarlette--were equal, regardless of circumstances regarding their existence, or who their parents may have been. It was because of him, did her hope and willpower to keep moving on and living remain.

However, it all changed while returned "home" from the market, which her mother commanded of her.

Upon returning home, she found it completely empty. All of her siblings' and mother's belongings were gone, and even the food stocks were emptied. With no reason to stay in that home, and no one to turn to to help, Scarlette left the town, never to be seen again. She was 17-years-old.

For the next 23 years, she had been living on her own and on the wild, moving from one city to another, even living in the wilderness (made easy because of her Namode heritage). She never stayed one place for very long.

However, on a passing by through a village (which was built on the edge of a sheer cliff overlooking a violent and turbulent sea, and experience regular tsunamis), she caught wind of a rumour, as fleeting a speck of dust on the wind. She heard of several citizens speaking of a mysterious land, but when she would ask of it, they would blow her off, or be intimidated by her appearance to speak any longer. So, she took up the practice of sneaking, so, while eavesdropping, she heard of this "mysterious land"--Kibou. Scarlette needed no other explanation of this place.

She set off for Kibou.

Weapons: The only "weapon" she carried with her was a five-foot long wooden staff with flame-shaped engravings carved into each end that are filled in with gold.
Other:

(I really don't know how they travel to Kibou, so I just kept it that she hadn't gotten there yet. Don't kill me Q-Q)

Representing Global Trade Station Plus in the Second Forum War.

"Don't hide yourself in regret, just love yourself and you're set." From Lady Gaga's Born This Way

Last edited by Amarantha; 08-21-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:52 PM
NES2 Offline

@Amarantha - Sorry to say this, but this sign-up is going to be an issue. This is not because of quality issues, but because of the content of your character's history.

I've set the rating of this at PG-13, and while I'll allow for certain amounts of mature content, this sign-up is comes with too many complications. Rape and abortions are concepts that I'd like to avoid, and they don't really fit the setting either. It's too controversial to be something that I would want as a part of this RP, and it's a bit much for an roleplay that even with guns and all is still about Pokemon at its core.

So, I'm going to deny this sign-up, though you are free to revise your character or start anew. Really, it's for the best.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:44 AM
Dragonwish2 Offline

I'm going to offer some tips to help Amarantha. (Might I also ask if your username has anything todo with the novel, The Amaranth Enchantment?)

As NES2 said, her birth details are past Pg-13 for the most part. However, you could alter it to something like a father who came and went, only knowing the mother a night when the details happened. The mother could, in turn, blame her own feelings of abandonment on your character, becoming abusive and spiteful of her. The brother could feel that she (your character) was equal no matter who her father was, and his faith gave him the willpower to defend her.

The only way to arrive go Kibou is by boat, hence the privateers. A privateer is a ship given permission by their kingdom to plunder other kingdom's ships whilst working under the crown, which in this case is one big land and gold hunt. (New World exploration with a dash of Oklahoma land rush) I suggest joining a privateer group, either Team Sparks (if they consent to it), Global Mercenaries (Flynt), or you can work solo as NES2 is, though j don't know the details of how he does it.

Spoiler:
Old 08-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Amarantha Offline

Send a message via MSN to Amarantha

Dragonwish - No, indeed I did not. Never even heard of that novel xD I was going through 20000-names, in the Latin names, and I decided I liked that name--it means "Unfading".

NES2 - I deeply apologise for the impropriety of my character; I was not aware that what I had contained within would be deemed inappropriate, but this is what I get for assuming ^^'
I altered her history up a bit in order to make it more appropriate. Better?

Representing Global Trade Station Plus in the Second Forum War.

"Don't hide yourself in regret, just love yourself and you're set." From Lady Gaga's Born This Way
Old 08-21-2012, 08:45 PM
NES2 Offline

@Amarantha - That's better. Accepted.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Rufa Offline

Character Name: Jumaane 'Oldie Witherback' Mwani
Pokemon: Ivusaur
Faction: Nomade
Privateer Group: Global Mercenaries
Character Description:
Jumaane, despite being a mere Ivusaur, is actually quite old. He made the conscious choice not to evolve into a Venusaur, out of personal preferrence rather than any sort of lack of strength and experience. Though he is still both as strong and nimble on his feet as he have always been, a life in harsh climate and hard work have left visible traits.

The most noticeable of such features are the large streaks of white that run across his flower bud. Though the petals themselves are still healthy and strong (just like the rest of Jumaane) they look kind of like a Rembrandt tulip, earning the Ivusaur the name of 'Witherback'. There are some minor chips and cuts in them.

He has grown a bit larger than your average Ivusaur, and somewhat stockier as well. Despite not having evolved, Witherback somehow grew the lower scizors of a Venusaur, and his spots have begun to fade with age. A number of scars run across his body, the most noticable one running down the right side of his head and taking a piece of his ear with it. It is connected to three large claw-marks that run down the side of his face, missing he eye with mere inches.

He carry a belt around his back bud, which hold most of the things he need. There's a small waterbottle and a pouch for berries, but also daggers and a few throwing knives. He even carry a pair of silver decorated flintlock pistols.

Character History:
Jumaane was born to a fisherman family and a fishermans village, and practially had his egg laid on board of a boat. There wasn't a day of his youth that he didn't cherish the scent of salt and seaweed, and that was a love than never perished as the little Bulbasaur grew older. His litter consisted of six other little bulb frogs, in total four brothers and two sisters, born to an Ivusaur father and a Venusaur mother.
His father was actually not that interested in the sea, preferring to tend to their family garden. He grew edible plants mostly, which was always a welcome addition to a diet that consisted mostly of sealife.
Jumaane's mom on the other hand was a fisherman down into the last little vein. She had mastered her Nomade abilities perfectly, and Jumaane remember watching her from the ship with his siblings as she swam underneath, using her vines as a fishing net and picking scallops as she passed them by.

He learned well from his mom, and the litter once received a fishing vessel as a birthday gift from their parents. They were thrilled by the idea of being able to set out alone, and they earned their living the fishermans way. They were gone for hours at the time, then dawn till dusk - then, days would pass by without them returning. With time, they fared further and further away from their childhood home, eventually leaving it behind entirely as they grew into young adults with a lust for discovery.

From that day on, Juma and his siblings rarely left the sea for long. Nothing seemed to calm their love for the open blues, even with the accidents that would sometimes occur. It was a dangerous job. First was Isac, the youngest. He was a funny bloke, but careless. He was taken down by a Sharpedo as he fought another, believing there was only one. Issiyah was next, who was simply lost at sea as a wave carried him over board one stormy night while he was cheking the sails. A few years down the road, it was Nnemni and Gwewen - thieves had snuck on board the small ship and killed the Bulbasaurs as they realized that they had been discovered. Now, only three remained - there was Jumaani of course. His brother Chuma was still around, and his sister, Nnaya.

They carried on this way for years. They had all evolved into Ivusaurs by now, Chuma even becoming a Venusaur at a relatively early age. Though it had proven to be a dangerous life, they were still seaborn, and they'd be sea-dead as far as they were concerned. Years turned to decades, and, well, nature happened.
Eventually, Nnaya moved out and onto the mainland to settle down and start a family of her own. Chuma had fallen for a Scyther, and Juma himself had lovely little lady companion in another Ivusaur that he had met at port.
It was with this that Jumaane left his childhood vessel, purchasing two of his own with long-since saved money. One was his fishing vessel, but the other one never left the docks of the little fishing village where the two Ivusaur had settled - it was their home. Soon enough, Jumaane watched as his own sons and daughters begun to fall in love with the sea.

Years passed and turned into decades. Jumaane and his wife had had many children, most of which had moved out and settled themselves. They had decided that the Bulbasaur currently at home would be the last they'd have before they both retired and called it quits.
But life sometimes take unexpected turns, and Jumaane returned home from a fishing trip only to see the village in flames. Another war was upon them, and Jumaane was only one of the many Lurra who had to pay the price for the foolishness of nobles. His home boat had been sunk, and the bodies of his family and his neighbors fretted restlessly in the water.

ut of himself by the grief, Jumaane begun to live for revenge. His home had been attacked by Miniera ships - none really stood a chance. They were fishermen, not trained soliders. He collected the corpses of his loved ones and burned them at sea together with his fishing boat, the only burial that was quick enough for their bodies not to completely rot away. Once he had wept and collected what little belongings he could claim from the rubble, Jumaane left for the city.

He took a job as a pirate. Paid by the Nomade to kill the Minierans - that was an excellent outlook in Jumaanes ears. He wasn't a youngone anymore, but neither was he weak or fragile - Jumaane, or 'Oldie Witherback' as he had begun to be called due to his whitening bud, was still a very much lethal force. He was beyond skilled with his knives, and not too shabby with navigation or environment manipulation either.

He eventualy found himself in a bar, being offered a free pint by a Floatzel. This sea otter guy, Marco, was the head of the ship called the Rising Sun. He was looking for crewmembers to bring to this new region thing that everyone was so hyped up about, and Witherback happily accepted a spot in his crew. His grief had begun to settle and his bitterness with it - his hatred for the Minierans had eased off as the years had passed - but damn him if he let the Minieran guys actually take over the damn place! Over his dead, decaying body!

So without much further ado, Oldie Witherback (now only rarely called Jumaane) set out the following morning, with a bunch of idiots, some kids, and a Captain that ended up falling overboard. He's got a bad feeling about this trip, to be honest with you... not that he doesn't love every minute of it.

Weapons: Witherback have four daggers attached to the belt around his bud. He swings them around with his vines with deadly prescision, and he also carry some throwing knives. Other: (Anything else you would like to say about your character goes here.)
Old 08-23-2012, 04:07 PM
NES2 Offline

@Rufa - Sorry for the delay. Accepted.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Flynt Offline

Character Name: Robert “Dodger” Reinse
Pokemon: Dewott
Character Description: Muscular, and a bit taller then the average Dewott, it’s fairly easy to see Dodger in a crowd. The Dewott’s eyes are mismatched, green right, red left. The left eye is false, a glass eye. This is made most obvious by a scar that runs from his left cheek to his forehead, running over the eye. Further scars run along his torso, arms, and legs. The Dewott wears a pair of brown pants, with his species’ trademark scalchops tied to a belt. The rest of his torso is bandaged.
Character History: Being the same species as the legendary explorer Curant, Dodger always felt like he had large shoes to fill. The eldest of five, Robert, Dodger to his friends, is quite used to responsibility. And blowing it off. Something of a ruffian, the Dewott commonly got into fights with members of the convoy he traveled with. A master with his scalchops, the Dewott rarely lost these conflicts, though they did leave him with many scars to brag about.

That all changed in an instant. Letting his ego get the better of him, the Dewott lowered his guard on a downed opponent, and quickly found himself lacking in the ocular department. As it turns out, depth perception is a highly necessary skill when it comes to melee fighting. His parents, master artisans, made a false eye for him, giving it an intimidating red iris. Despite their craftsmanship, the eye was nearly always sore, and somewhat fragile. Dodger’s mood quickly plummeted.

Finally, the leaders of his convoy could take it no longer. The Dewott was expelled, left behind in a nearby city. A friend of his, Arkady, stayed behind with him. It was here that the two first heard rumors of a legendary Staff of Healing, said to be somewhere on the new continent. This staff was said to be able to heal any wound, including the Dewott’s missing eye. The two set out to acquire a means of travelling across the waves.

After a few months of searching, the two finally found positions on the Rising Sun. The Dewott, during this time, had switched his focus from his scalchops to firearms, a weapon that only required one good eye. As such, he was given the gunner position, maintaining and putting to use the fluyt’s twelve cannons. He’s come to appreciate the smell of gunpowder.
Weapons: Dodger carries a pair of snaphance pistols. Should his eye be restored, he might also take to using his scalchops in combat, and reclaim his yatagan from Arkady.
Other: Dodger is 20 years old.

Character Name: Arkady “Ark” Dragic
Pokemon: Mienfoo
Character Description: Wiry, and a bit short for his species, Arkady is, in many ways, Dodger’s opposite. Though, at the same time, he’s still easily taller then the Dewott. Also in contrast to the Dewott, Arkady has not a single noticeable scar on his body. He wears a pair of blue pants, with a crimson sash around his waist. Said sash has a scabbard and blade hooked to it.
Character History: An only child, Arkady largely grew up surrounded by Dodger and the Pokemon the Dewott attracted. Small for his size, Arkady never was very physically strong. So, when it came to keeping up with his friends, the Mienfoo turned to speed and stealth. Armed with knives, he found quick ways to neutralize his opponents while not getting himself harmed.

When Dodger lost his eye, he eventually entrusted his sword to Arkady. When things went further south, and Dodger was expelled, Arkady was the only member of their little group to follow. It was Arkady who sniffed out the rumors of the Staff of Healing, and found them a ship that they could use to travel to Kibou. Once they find the staff and restore Dodger’s eye, Arkady fully plans to return the Dewott’s sword. In the meantime, he aids his comrade with the cannons.
Weapons: Arkady wields a pair of knives, suited to his abilities. He carries a stiletto, for stabbing, and a short baselard, for cutting. In addition, he is currently in possession of Dodger’s yatagan, though he rarely uses it.
Other: Arkady is 19.

Hope it's not too late to add a few more characters. I've also updated Richard's sign up to include his age.

Big thanks to Tunduli on Pokecharms for the sprite in the banner.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Kamaitachi Offline

So...I thought I'd give this a shot.

Character Name: Desi Della Sario
Pokemon: Cinccino

Faction: Kingdom of Nomade (GTS+)

Character Description: Desi is a creature that has completely abandoned the stereotypical image of his species. Most prominent of his features is his head-fur, which is not worn out like others of his species. In order to keep the beautiful white fur from getting in the way, Desi had them all braided and tied back into a ponytail. He's left his tail unbraided. His body is covered with scars from the various fights he's been in throughout his life, and he wears them proudly.

While Cinccino are typically pleasant and plump creatures, Desi is lean and built for speedy combat. He wears a dark brown leather vest, left open to show off his scars, and a pair of light brown pants. He wears a belt around his waist, which holds a pair of small, beautifully adorned axes, which he uses in combat. From the left side, another belt loop extends up across his chest to his right shoulder, where he wears a pauldron, the only armor he wears, before it travels back down to join his belt again. On his head, he wears a bandana, with large holes for his ears, that cover up the top parts of his hair, but leave room for the rest to fall out in a somewhat tidier fashion.

Desi's ears are pierced with several stud earrings in the right, and a single hoop near the base on the left. Around his neck, he wears a simple, gold crescent moon pendant on a gold chain.

Character History:
Desi's parents were exemplary members of Nomade, insofar as they possessed the insatiable desire for exploration. They swiftly gained reknown as excellent cartographers, mapping the world, as they knew it, with great scrutiny and utmost care. As a young child, Desi travelled around with his parents and his older sister, Lina, and the family worked together to make a grand comprehensive map of everything.

At one point, Desi's parents were faced with a monumentous task from the highest echelons of Nomade, and without hesitation, they accepted. Not knowing the dangers they would face, they left Lina and Desi in the care of an Uncle. With them, they left a matching set of pendants: one gold moon and one gold star, for Desi and Lina respectively, sealed with their promises to come home safely. With that, they departed.

They never returned.

Left with their Uncle, Lina and Desi were mostly left to their own devices. While the Uncle focused on their schooling, he cared little else for their activities, so long as they took the time to receive proper educations from him. Once Desi was old enough to fend for himself, Lina disappeared into the world in search of their parents, promising Desi that she'd return.

She didn't.

Desi, still fairly young and alone, waited for their return. Finding that he lacked in education, he took work as a soldier in the Nomade Army. He worked as a City Guard, relegated to catching thieves, subjugating rowdy folk, and punishing criminals. Throughout his time, he typically succeeded in his missions, and gained reknown as a stalward fighter incapable of backing down. He wore each of his scars proudly as a member of the Guard, each a sign of his accomplishments.

Then, word of Kibou reached him, and his appetite for exploration, instilled in him by his parents, awakened in full force. Zerua, The Sky Retreat, and its legend of the Compass of Truth caught his ears. With the Compass of Truth, he could find his missing family, or at least he could learn what became of them. He needed to get his hands on it, and most specifically, he needed a way to get there.

He resigned quietly from the Guards, despite protest, and set out to find ways to get to Zerua. Joining an army again didn't quite appeal to him, but he heard of people forming Privateer Groups to head out to Kibou on their own. This seemed like the most logical route, so he set out to join a group. He was courted by a few groups, but none particularly struck his fancy; they typically appeared incompetent, especially by Nomade standards. Ultimately, he settled on a group called "The Global Mercenaries", and joined their crew.

Other: Desi wields a pair of axes for close combat, combined with the techniques and agility of his species, he makes for a formidable fighter.

Last edited by Kamaitachi; 08-31-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 PM
NES2 Offline

@Flynt - I'll let you have these two characters right now, but I'm going to watch and see if this affects your post quality at all. I trust you can handle four characters though. Accepted.

@Kamaitachi - Accepted.