Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Lost Soul Offline

Default Re: Clan Sizes are going to change (Discussion )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
I can address some of this, I agree that people get nerfed about having to level up. This is one of the reason im working on a official trade shop that will offer these survives. Im going to be honest though, I can not be responsible for all of this on my own. I have a lot of stuff to do on this forum as is. Some of you are going to need to step up. If its donating pokemon, breeding new pokemon or just helping with ev training, leveling up. The battling center was okay in the past because we so many members to do different things. Unfortunately because of the nature of clans and the competitive nature of battling centers in general, there was no real unity. This is what I mean about changing, we have to work together to fix this place. So anyone who can offer some service, which as I said could be breeding, ev training, even tutoring will be of great help.

I dont have a whole team to offer, I have a limited stock and most of them are just iv breed pokemon, I only have a hand full of great max ev breed pokemon. I might start looking to the clan members to donate to help out a shop that everyone can use.

As far as future plans, I have a new arena in the works to help draw people in, I have not finished the fine details but the arena will give people a whole team to battle with. So anyone with wifi would be able to join in !
I'll help as much as i'm able to, with limited access to wifi right now, not much i can do, but i can breed semi flawless, as well as clone any EV'd pokemon i have and donate them, i think i'm somewhere around 3 or 4 boxes of ev'd pokemon as well as a cloned NFE of said ev'd pokemon, and i was thinking that if you decide to offer a full team, for the winner and they're new to competitive battling someone can help them come up with the team as well as tutor them how to use it

i agree though, we were more of a splintered section because of the competitive nature of the clans, but we're all gonna have to pull weight to get this thing up and running, at the moment i'm willing to help in the battling center as much as i'm able to outside of work and school (i'm also a clan leader for MW3 and that takes up some time, at least until i can get access to wifi,

so if you need some help let me know

does anyone think that if we post vids of competitive battles with commentary, that it might get people excited to try competitive battling? i know that's how i initially got into it, that and my kid nephew kicking my rear end at what i thought was just a kids game
Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

This could work, we'll just have to weave out all of the inactive members. I'm sure Kaoru and I could start another clan if needed.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
I'll help as much as i'm able to, with limited access to wifi right now, not much i can do, but i can breed semi flawless, as well as clone any EV'd pokemon i have and donate them, i think i'm somewhere around 3 or 4 boxes of ev'd pokemon as well as a cloned NFE of said ev'd pokemon, and i was thinking that if you decide to offer a full team, for the winner and they're new to competitive battling someone can help them come up with the team as well as tutor them how to use it

i agree though, we were more of a splintered section because of the competitive nature of the clans, but we're all gonna have to pull weight to get this thing up and running, at the moment i'm willing to help in the battling center as much as i'm able to outside of work and school (i'm also a clan leader for MW3 and that takes up some time, at least until i can get access to wifi,

so if you need some help let me know

does anyone think that if we post vids of competitive battles with commentary, that it might get people excited to try competitive battling? i know that's how i initially got into it, that and my kid nephew kicking my rear end at what i thought was just a kids game

Well why dont we just have clans offer pokemon as sign up bonus, everyone who signs up gets a free pokemon. If they stay active for a week they get another one. See we use to covet are pokemon like they were gold. Now its better for us to share the wealth. If you have any pokemon you want to donate to the shop im creating feel free to send me a PM.

I like the last part, it could be like an instruction thing, like this week were working with Scizor heres its moveset and heres some battles with it or ways to use it....that could a really cool ongoing thing.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 08-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Lost Soul Offline

Quote:
Well why dont we just have clans offer pokemon as sign up bonus, everyone who signs up gets a free pokemon. If they stay active for a week they get another one. See we use to covet are pokemon like they were gold. Now its better for us to share the wealth. If you have any pokemon you want to donate to the shop im creating feel free to send me a PM.

I like the last part, it could be like an instruction thing, like this week were working with Scizor heres its moveset and heres some battles with it or ways to use it....that could a really cool ongoing thing.
i was thinking more of a battle of the month where the winner gets something from the shop, but i think that's a great idea, like a competitive pokemon of the week, the top common sets, top threats based on usage, best pairings to counter said threats,and any other little fun trivia and stuff and then video(s) of how effective the pokemon could be, describing how it's used in a controlled battle would be extremely cool if possible
Old 08-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
i was thinking more of a battle of the month where the winner gets something from the shop, but i think that's a great idea, like a competitive pokemon of the week, the top common sets, top threats based on usage, best pairings to counter said threats,and any other little fun trivia and stuff and then video(s) of how effective the pokemon could be, describing how it's used in a controlled battle would be extremely cool if possible
Honestly a battle of the week could work, its just making sure we battles that we can watch. We just need a youtube battlers to help us do the videos, or anyone that is capable of doing that. Could make for an interesting way to show people how stuff works.

As far as clan size goes, would eight be a more reasonable ?

Old 08-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Quote:
Honestly a battle of the week could work, its just making sure we battles that we can watch. We just need a youtube battlers to help us do the videos, or anyone that is capable of doing that. Could make for an interesting way to show people how stuff works.

As far as clan size goes, would eight be a more reasonable ?
Another great option for this would be using Pokemon Online. People could either come in a spectate the game or it's easy to record. just get a screen recorder downloaded.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Daigon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Daigon

Hmm it's a lot of different things to think about here. But for the most part it all sounds good. I for one has been pushing for a reduction in clan size. 8 sounds a lil more balanced than 5. Also I do like the idea of battle commentary videos, maybe we cld have those to cover the tournys we create. As for give-a-ways I have 3 to 4 boxes of ev'd mons IVs may not be perfect but are decent.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
Another great option for this would be using Pokemon Online. People could either come in a spectate the game or it's easy to record. just get a screen recorder downloaded.
How do you get the screen recorder download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigon View Post

Hmm it's a lot of different things to think about here. But for the most part it all sounds good. I for one has been pushing for a reduction in clan size. 8 sounds a lil more balanced than 5. Also I do like the idea of battle commentary videos, maybe we cld have those to cover the tournys we create. As for give-a-ways I have 3 to 4 boxes of ev'd mons IVs may not be perfect but are decent.
I'm thinking 8 would be enough for now.

Also, Ill be setting up a donating thread soon. Im thinking about making two different sections, one for legit pokemon one for sav'd pokemon.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:49 PM
lildude3000 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to lildude3000

Quote:
Well Ive been really thinking that its time we drop the number of people a clan could have done to 5 or 6. My logic behind this, is that the more clans we have the more active the battling center is. Once activity starts going up, we can raise the number up again. With smaller clans I plan on hosting smaller events that teams can join in on. You will be able to earn points for your ranking in these group tournaments.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions/Question?? please feel free to ask away.
I completely agree, and have been saying this for some time... Here's to the new clan format, and the revived health of Pe2k!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildude3000 View Post
I completely agree, and have been saying this for some time... Here's to the new clan format, and the revived health of Pe2k!
Thanks for the support man.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:

Also, Ill be setting up a donating thread soon. Im thinking about making two different sections, one for legit pokemon one for sav'd pokemon.
I think not the wi fi league can handle legit users, we do not have enough of either side to do that to the competitive section
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
I think not the wi fi league can handle legit users, we do not have enough of either side to do that to the competitive section
Do what to either side ?

Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

"Also, Ill be setting up a donating thread soon. Im thinking about making two different sections, one for legit pokemon one for sav'd pokemon."

there is no point in making two sections for reason i have already stated
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
"Also, Ill be setting up a donating thread soon. Im thinking about making two different sections, one for legit pokemon one for sav'd pokemon."

there is no point in making two sections for reason i have already stated
Im unsure of what you meant, if you were saying the wifi league only takes legit users my response would be the wifi league has nothing to do with what im talking about. It has its own set of rules. What I am talking about is a donation thread that new members can access so they can get pokemon to battle with.

I personally think clans should implement a members rewards system. A free pokemon for signing up, another free pokemon after they have been active for a week, another after two weeks. So on and so forth.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Quote:

Just google hyper cam 2 free download. That's how I used to record my Shoddy battles when I had a Youtube channel. There is also a program called Camtasia also I believe. Both are very easy to use. Pokemon online is a great second option for people who don't have any pokemon (one of them being me because I have a brand new White version). So I can't really battle yet until I find someone who can help me out. For now I use Pokemon Online.