Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Default Re: Eon Sky: You Have No Idea.

((We interrupt this WAR for MORE EON SKY!!!!!!!!! And YES, Eon Sky is NOT DEAD! Just...Badly delayed for no real reason. Sorry about that.))

There was more to that message that sent us the cheery news that most of the men of a group of Knights-the one that was with Blizzard-were slaughtered by a poison. Of course, Sans Blizzard. The good news was that he accidentally stumbled into Bavaden's group, and he knew better than to shun him off or simply think the story of the poisonous vines wasn't the truth-Blizzard even took a corpse with him on the off-chance he did encounter Bavaden, apparently. That was just one piece of news.

Another piece: Continue the search, fragment into smaller groups from there. Bavaden's group, consisting of six Knights, Bavaden and Blizzard (One Knight got crushed by a root, the other was stabbed by one of the wooden splinters, and their Pokémon, sans Blizzard's and another Kricketune, were kidnapped or killed during a raid by wilds) would fragment into two groups-one of 3 knights and Bavaden, another of 3 others and Blizzard. He asked of us to split our numbers into a group of four Knights and a group of three Knights and myself-but then he heard that one of the Knights snuffed it, and only two Pokes remained, then thought a minute, then sent back a message-that we split into two groups nevertheless, one consisting of four knights and one consisting of two knights and I, determined by the two largest Knights going with me, and the four smaller knights going without. Bavaden also gave the group that was Sans Volteer the Exploud, and my group would get the Kricketune. It meant that there were ten combat-ready beings in my group, and only six in the other. They weren't happy about that.

We went our separate ways at once, hoping to get further news. They took Exploud and took a directly northern path, while we went northeast. The roots were still an ever-present annoyance, and Pokémon...They were watching from above. They looked enraged by the presence of the Knights and I, but wary to attack twice, namely because we were that bad***. I was still concerned about what happened if they did-because we had much more members before the attack. It was like Bavaden wanted me dead, and as much as humanly possible. Those Pokémon, to my newfound irritation (but not my outright rage) were making that obviously insulting gesture at the group as a whole, though this angered the two knights nearby me more so than I or my own Pokémon, to who the gesture was foreign.

At least they didn't attack us...We walked, continuing our lonely trip, once the Pokémon fanned out to do whatever they were planning on.

<"Nice day we're having."> Telepathed Issac, almost mockingly. At least, that's how it sounded.

"Shut up." I thought.

<"Well, if we do shut up, that would inquire us leaving you, meaning we can't tell if you're dead. So no, you'll have to put up with him. And me and Mario, if they annoy you too."> Karazin added.

"I'm quite annoyed of not being able to get into my head peacefully, so mind that." I thought. Ugh. I was having headaches.

<"Oh, just power through. Find the Princess, keep an eye and an ear out for news, evade murder attempts, and above all...Avoid dying.">

"Easy for the guy whose head isn't hurting like hell." I said, when a Knight stopped me.

".......Alright, what is it?" Said the other Knight.

"I heard something." Said the Knight that stopped me.

"What was it? Are you sure it's not Shaymin getting into your head?"

"I heard screaming. Men's screaming., in agony…To the east."

I picked my ears up, straining to hear the sound. When the active chattering of Pokémon was around you, you'd be even harder-pressed to hear a specific loud sound. But there it was-for a second, anyway. Loud and in extreme pain. To the east. And it stopped abruptly.

It only meant one thing: They either were dead or managed to escape. Or just stopped yelling over it.

"...I'll...Check." The other Knight said, turning to the Kricketune, whispering into its ear. It played a quick tune. A few minutes later, it shook its head.

"So, now we're the only knights left from our group. Tis Weird, how the Volteers are being saved the fates being administered upon us." The Kricketune Knight said.

"...Do you think Shaymin likes Volteers?" Said the Knight holding me.

"I don't know. Our King dislikes Volteers, but I see no reason for something that should drain the power away from Legends to have an ally in a legend...Or maybe she's wary of them?" The Kricketune Knight said.

"...I...I don't know. Maybe the Volteers ARE Legends?" said the Knight holding me.

"OK, that's just perposter-Oh, Oh my." Said the Kricketune Knight, drawling his sword. The Knight holding me let go. I could clearly see why.

A giant snake was blocking the path-but not just any old Snake. This Snake was green, its head popping out of a 'vest' in its body, and the tail having some kind of ferns extending from it before it ended. Its body seemed to have the texture of grass. Two vines were coming out of the back. It was currently looking at us, using its body to get its head up as high as possible, glaring down, angrily, surveying us. We were too close to its turf for it to be comfortable, it seemed.

"What is that?" A knight said. The best phrase to put it at: I was clueless myself, as were the three voices inside my head.

"Huh? What is that thing?!"

"I swear I've seen that somewhere before, it's important, but how?! And what can it do?!"

"I've Never seen anything like the d**m thing!"

The thing did NOT wait for the initial surprise wear off before its true intentions were revealed: Killing s**t. It snaked up to the Knight farther from me and shot a suspicious seed at the Kricketune, right in the mouth. It took seconds for the poor thing to have vines growing inside and outside it, and no sooner was this accomplished than did the Kricketune die.

"Holy s**t, that is ONE violent ba****d!" I yelled. I soon found myself dodging a lash of the tail from the massive Grass Snake, an Iron Tail to be specific. The Knights Drew arms-and at this point, it happened that my sight noticed a certain chip on the back of the serpent’s head, camouflaged well with its skin and not making any noise or sending off any really visible sirens, but still blinking a small, green light. That couldn't be good.

And as if a very stealthy chip on the back of a head of a f***ing mad, giant grass snake (said grass snake part being quite literal) was bad enough, then came the vines. Yep, the snake made a hissing sound, and out from the ground popped up two massive tree-like vines, tree-like in having bark, yet also sporting some sort of flexibility and massive spikes. Considering the vivid hues and the smell, I thought they were poisonous.

As if it couldn't get any worse...THEN, the same vines as before popped up all around us, forming a slightly tight circle we were trapped within, and then bending to form a dome. It was us and the Serperior, and nowhere to run. The Serperior seemed irked about this as well, but not as if it was unexpected. Rather, it seemed as if it was annoyed, like unneeded help came to its benefit.

"Ugh, I asked of her NOT to intervene! I can deal with these fools myself!!" The Snake said, sounding like nothing more than a hiss to the Knights, who promptly started to sweat a little. It possibly came off as angry. However, the true message was irritation, like these foes were a cakewalk. "...Humph. Regardless, HAVE AT YEE!!" The Grass Snake yelled at his foes, seemingly ignoring me entirely, when jumping at his chosen target, the Knight farther from me.

Swish! A slash took at the Snake before its bite did. It failed to take too much on the snake fortunately for itself, but the wound still stuck. The Snake slithered back. "A 'Serperior?' Unlike what I've ever heard of before...Humph. Regardless, HAVE AT YEE!!" The Knight landing the blow yelled, before taking a charge at the 'Serperior.'

However, an Iron Tail took care of the slash, knocking the knight off his feet and into the air. It seemed to not do too much to the Knight, the blessings of the chain mail, but he did land on the vines surrounding the Serperior...And got slightly pierced by one of the spikes...He breathed heavily for a few seconds, then randomly died, kind of like the fates of the Pokémon dumb enough to cross Septim’s poisons.

"A mockery of me?! How dare he!" The Serperior said, gloating and raging over his victory against the first knight. While looking, I could tell the chip was now bleeping red. Uh-oh. If the chip bleeping at all was bad, this was probably worse.

"...What could do that?!" The surviving Knight said, looking at the fallen ally.

"Roseblade." Muttered the Audino in Poke-speak (as to not tip off the Knight). He looked concerned about the thorns, yet totally calm, despite the Knight’s instant death.

"What..." I said, acting as a response to the Knight and Septim.

"Roseblade, fatal poison. Classified as a Neurotoxin, but it's really just a minor poison that's too akin to the mental signal for death for the body to note it. It's basically fatal on-contact, unless you're a Pokémon that produces it...I’m not sure about Legends. And it still is kind of painful to get stabbed by those thorns, poison-immune or no, so I'd just stay away." Septim said, quite logically and coolly, surprising me a little.

"What the f***?! I thought you were some kind of worthless playboy!" Lesha yelled, quite astonished by the flair of IQ, certainly more than I.

"Oh, what, now you're interested? Cool." Septim said, smirking a little. Maybe he was a bit of a playboy. Or maybe Lesha looked good. In repsonse, Lesha batted her teenage-ish brain against her palm (She seemed to be a Teenager at this point in time, for all her mature actions and attempts to look and act bada** despite being positively cute).

"Dude, do NOT touch those things, DO NOT TOUCH THEM. Even if it means charging at it isn't an option, don't do it! Getting poked by those spikes is FATAL." I said to the only surviving non-Pokémon ally I had.

"I NEEDED a reminder?!" Was his response. Good, he was smart.

Now, to wrestle a snake in a duel for life and death...For a brief minute, I saw the image of the snake wrapping his body around my neck and snapping it as I attempted to crush his body. Not a fun idea. Regardless of that, it was time to HAVE AT HIM!!...And not get stabbed by poisonous spikes while doing that.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Chapter 33: The D**med Forest

The Serperior briefly examined the remaining Knight, me, and my six Pokémon as well.

"You six. Are you with the Knight, or with the peasant?" The Serperior hissed at the Pokémon.

Meta was easily seen shutting Scyez's, Septim's, and Lesha's mouths with Psychic Power before answering himself: "We're all with the 'peasant.' What of it?"

Immediately after announcing this, the vines swirled around us, which did no pleasure to the most of us. Thankfully, the thorns of said vines didn't scratch us-however, our space was rather thin. Then they started to close in, ever-so-slowly.

"I thought she was-oh, it matters not! HAVE AT YEE!!!"

Me and Film used Flamethrower, Scyez augmented Blaze Kick to shoot out in a fiery ring in front of her fist, Septim used Fire Punch (missing the Spikes entirely), Lesha tried Signal Beam (It was astonishing how a Pikachu could learn it), which, albeit set them on fire, didn't seem to do too much: Rather, there was a brief minute when the fire was consuming the plant as would a Volteer with food, then the damage, without quelling the fire, was somehow reversed. And the walls kept coming towards us.

"GHHRAAAA!!!" Vyraz yelled, shooting a fiery projectile from his mouth following our defeats. It was Fire Blast, a five-pronged star of Pyro. The shot itself did far more damage, making a clear hole in the wall, large enough for some of us to slip through...Then that healed as well.

"Vyraz, keep doing that, I have a plan!" I said. Vyraz complied immediately, shooting off another Fire Blast, and I threw Scyez through the opening before it was gone. Once he realized this, he shot out another Fire Blast, letting Lesha get through, then another, letting Film get through. However, now the vines were really closing in, making me a tad claustrophobic (considering the vines were thick and would crush us all if we weren't careful, to say nothing of the poisons...Though I took a grain of salt with Septim's warnings). All this, because a d**m Knight wouldn't let me use Volteerism. Then again, there was only one alive, and nobody would know...No, I'd rather have someone who at least has partial knowledge of where everyone else is. He was really my only s**ting way out of here alive-was there really a spot the Calypso could park, outside of an open area?! Stumbling into Bavaden by accident probably wouldn't be likely, and considering Calypso, he'd be pissed about that-though unable to do anything, I decided, there would be more Eon Sky members than Knights...WHY WAS I THINKING OF ANY OF THIS?!

I grabbed two PokéBalls, Meta's and Septims, and returned them. I ordered one last Fire Blast at the thorny walls, and I slipped through (narrowly). I pulled out Vyraz's PokéBall, and his last Fire Blast allowed me to pull him through...To the side with the Knight and Serperior, the two of which I felt like I did not need to interact with.

The Knight and the Serperior, fortunately, were so shocked about PokéBalls, that both simultaneously asked the same question (though the Knight was clueless): "What the hell just happened?"

In response, I took out the Black Illicit Blessing-no, it needed a new name, but maybe AFTER I chucked it into the Serperior's skull would I think of one. Oh, I did so, quite quickly. Or at least attempt it. The Serperior ducked just in time to avoid it. I Jumped over his maw to reclaim it from the thorns...And from there, Lesha, Scyez and Film, without the Knight's continued assistance (He looked utterly battered, seemingly hit with Iron Tails several times and cut up in many, many places), just decided to kill the d**m thing with Fire.

Scyez had fun with that in particular.

"YAY!! Burning! YAAAAAAAAAY!!" She said, quite cheerily, as she continuously Blaze Kicked the Serperior to death, even after Film and Lesha had firmly Knocked it out with their own moves. Couldn't blame her. She went beyond that, even, well proving an innate pyromania (and brief at that) as she joyously burnt every part of the Serperior, making the fireproof chip, bleeping red still, stand out in stark contrast with the blackened body. After she was done with completely burning the poor snake did she even bother noticing the Chip, and once she did, she immediately smashed it, preventing it's beeping forevermore.

...The vines refused to move. Now, whatever malevolent entity that trapped us here could just as easily kill us now. How did we get around this?

<"AVALONWHATEVERYOUDODON'T...D**mit!"> Karazin said, suddenly bursting through.

"Ah s**t. What did I do wrong?"

<"Serperior, which you just faced, are an endangered species. An endangered species in the Onlisk Republic is tracked vigorously via chipping, and they'll know the difference between a purpousful murder by human hands and a wild Pokémon attacking them."> Karazin started. <"So NOW, the Onlisk are going to hunt down whatever did THIS vigorously, and considering we were AVOIDING them, we really have to reconsider. At least Scyez made it look like a Knight killed it. Bavaden's an easy target for a crime suspect, and considering what else he's done, he's going to die pretty much on-the-spot, cooperation is probably going to be nonexistent."> Karazin said. <"The only piece of good news is we're in orbit of the planet.">

<"Yhea, we're in orbit. Ah, but there's always a d**m hitch! You're currently in a big fat f***ing forest, and those trees are the equivalent of skyscrapers everywhere I look, a natural barrier against just parking in it! I can't go through that d**m s**t, I can't park in that forest, and I can't abandon the Calypso to get a smaller ship to do it either, if the Onlisk make a surprise ambush, we've got to move. I'm keeping on edge."> Issac added.

Ugh. Escaping this forest was priority, but when tree cover was harsh enough to make day look more like the whole forest was dimly lit rather than pitch-black, and considering I didn't know the EXACT position of the Calypso, I was in a bind, completely ignoring the vine-prison we were in.

<"Good news: there's a small plain to the east, a flat zone separating the forest and a continuous cliff that overlooks the ocean, perfect for extraction. There's nothing like Civilization we can see for miles on those grasslands. That's your best bet."> Mario said.

To the east it was, then.

"So...Now what?"

".......Can you, you know, destroy them? Go ahead, use your fancy tricks!" The Knight said, not particularly hating the idea but not particularly fond of it, from the tone.

I took immediate action, first releasing all the Psychic-HOLY S**T!!!

I kept my head to myself, for one, purely out of the fact that my headache magnified to exaggerated proportions. This was no headache. This was interfering with my Psychic ability, and not a rival Volteer or a wild Pokémon: something else, something that didn't attempt to block it out but pained me when I did. Coganan Energy, it wasn't, it wore off a long time ago. Legends can't be sick, and Latries couldn't do it. All I could really pick up before the pain was too much for me to bear was a thought: a very strong thought, one filled with anticipation and desire, anger and ferocity. The words there were none, but it was close. It was responsible. Or was it a 'they?' there seemed to be more around the one mind I found, though their thoughts were different in a sense.

Once done with that, however, I had to kneel and grip my head in frustration.

"That probably is what you get for stealing powers from Arceus...But really, now is NOT the time!" The Knight said, going into some prayer for Arceus to 'overlook a transgression of mine.' Hoo-boy, if he got a response.

<"Oh my. That is not a headache."> Karazin said.

"What...What is it, then?" I asked. I really didn't like suddenly having my stronger energy being sapped of me.

<"Clueless. I need to study your body and mind personally once we extract you to figure out the source, if it persists."> Karazin added. <"Psychic energy is your strongest suit, having your head hurt that badly as a side-effect of using it is NOT good. A full physical analysis of your current status upon returning, followed by a Sygyl check and a mental scan using brainwave patterns, possibly explorative surgery if it's really bad-">

<"In short, a load of sciency terms that mean we're going to get to the bottom of this d**m cause. On another note...DID YOU NOTICE THOSE F***ING VINES?!"> Issac yelled, half-sincere, genuine concern and simplification of Karazin's rabble, half-alert of a new scenario. Considering the latter of those, I wasn't suprised.

Just like before, the roots were doing something-but not coming towards us ever slowly. They were growing. GROWING. Might I add that they were growing rather quickly for plants? The fact they were upturning earth in their growth was unsettling (really, they were upturning the ground with almost every move they made, but was that NOT obvious?)

"Alright, sorry 'bout the delay! You, just let me stand on top of you!" I said, having a simple plan you could have seen coming a mile away. Death Energy=s**ted plants. Easy as pie. Of course, I didn't want the Knight Dead yet, anyways.

"I SAID USE YOUR FANCY WHATNOT, NOT STAND ON MY-"

"It's either this or you die from the blast! It's kind of a pulse of death energy, which, as the name implies, KILLS S**T. Anything living, really. EVEN YOU!" I yelled.

"OH FINE!" He said-the vines were really starting to close in now, and my three, currently released Pokémon had to crowd around him to escape the poisonous thorns. I immediately acted, with a pulse of Dark energy from my body, spreading out in all dimensions that weren't up or down.

This worked immediately. The plants immediately died, the once proud bark becoming quite weak from appearances, the colorful spines losing said color, and the current threat of being crushed into a bloody pulp by roots gone.

I followed up by using Arbitarian Energy to quickly burn the plants down so we could escape our prison Considering what it was, this was no challenge at all, especially for Arbitarian fire. I charged off of excess that traveled to the ground and waited for the cold, bleak inferno to burn a hole through the roots (it took a few minutes). After walking outside it, I just drained the whole fire away, taking considerably more energy than I expanded into the project of burning it down.

It clearly was setting into dusk-the sudden illumination towards the West tipped me off.

"We're down to two, counting you. I do not think Bavaden wanted you guarded by just one person." The Knight said, more of an out-loud mutter. "We should attempt to rejoin some sort of group, any group, and soon." The Knight added. Did I really have a say?

Well, I guess influency in the form of asking questions and/or making good assumptions would work.

"All of Bavaden's groups are definitely east of us. Maybe we should head east and ron-de-vu with one of them?"

"I have no clue what 'ron-de-vu' means, but if it means meeting up with one of them, I wouldn't have suggested otherwise. Let's move..." The Knight said.

Henceforth, we walked. To be frank, even I, as the writer of this d**m book, find no reason to further describe the trip to our next destination as nothing more than a very annoying headache (and it is a very annoying headache to write this out), I feel no need to inform you of it: It was really just another combination of climbing over and under hills, caves, trenches and bridges made entirely out of roots. The only noticeable detail was that, for some weird reason, Scyez felt the need to weigh herself down with the Serperior's very-well burnt corpse, occasionally barking out "EXTRA CRISPY GRASS EKANS THIGNY!!!" After a few hours of the annoying trip through the forest (Save whenever Scyez yelled out that phrase, which even the Knight, despite seemingly lacking in Pokemorphism/Pokethrobism, seemed to have guessed as quite hilarious). I took out Meta, Vyraz and Septim, on the way there, and even Meta had a hard time hiding his humor at Scyez’s routine. We were 'lucky' enough to find a group. Moreover, this group was none other than Bavaden's, who wasn't happy to see me.

They were located on a single root bridge, in a clear open space between three massive tree trunks and one of the few patches of ground not completely obscured by roots from an above view. It was dusk at this point, and yet again I had to strain my eyes. We did stop a little prior to this so that the Knight could light a torch, so that we could actually see anything with clarity. Small Pokémon attacks were fended off to no casualties, so we were mostly fine save a few scratches (the Knight realized quickly I could just murder most of these guys, and opted not to participate)

"Knight, what is it? Why are you not searching?" Bavaden asked, a little impatiant.

"I was the only one left alive in our group, and the eastern group...Well, they failed to respond to our signals. We didn't have one ourselves after a particularly nasty Pokémon attack, so..."

Bavaden looked at me, then at the Knight, then at me again. I knew it: Bavaden couldn't tolerate a Volteer's presence, period, and he'd act accordingly. "Send a message!" He said. The Chatot made several odd noises, probably signals, and it echoed around the forest.

...Minutes passed...No response.

"Another Message! Higher Priority!" Bavaden said, taking a side glance at me, who was quite neutral in expression. I didn't get a direct eye-to-eye contact, but they looked quite worried.

The Chatot piped up again, louder, and with different tunes, attempting another message. It took a few seconds, but a respond sounded. Only one echoed back, I knew, and the Chatot responded, a little sweaty itself now.

"That can't be...Only one group left?! Oh, think of it not; ask them if they're the group transporting the other Volteer!" Bavaden asked. The Chatot made different noises, reverberating, not English at all.

The sounds that came back clearly meant they were traveling with Blizzard, just going off of Bavaden’s pissed-off face.

".......Fine! Looks like we'll have to take you." Bavaden said, with a note of unhappiness at the very thought. [COLOR="Red"]"I must ask WHY your Lucario is carrying around that dead...Thing with it., though."/COLOR]

"That's her choice, not mine." I said, with an underlying tone of 'Like it matters.'

"I would-oh my." Bavaden said, cut in the middle of a command. I could clearly guess why.

The whole complex system of roots around us, a near-omnipresent entity, was starting to move, and it included the branch we were on. Knights were already falling off, surprised but not scared of the decent-only a few feet down to a small patch of ground below...but it was starting to sink into the earth as well, So I guess something was up. Scyez was hanging onto her Burnt Serperior Corpse as hard as the root, yelling "YAY!! The trees are moving-I knew they were alive! YAAAAAY!!! I'm a Genius!" Meanwhile, Meta was supporting the weight of Septim and Lesha while floating in midair, the latter duo having climbed up onto his arms and up on top of his head. Meta then picked up Scyez, who still refused to leave her Burnt Corpse (Perhaps she liked it too much? But what value did she have in that?). Vyraz and Film were flying overhead nearby. Bavaden and the Knight who escorted me here were the only other two hanging on, even when we were turned completely upside down by the Root's movements.

"This CLEARLY isn't natural! It must be Shaymin's work!" Said a suddenly pissed-off Bavaden. I could agree with only the former half of that.

The platform of earth-complete with the Knights-then suddenly fell into the ground, into a dark tunnel where they couldn't be seen.

At this point, asking woudln't hurt. "Was the path you were taking to get to this point kind of the easiest? Were the alternate routes too tricky to traverse?" I asked, curious as to if it was true. If so, this was engineered and not a drop-off presant.

".......WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS NOW?!" Bavaden responded, quite as if I'd lost my mind entirely. "THIS IS CLEARLY A TRAP!!"

"Just answer the d**m question, it'll give me some insight on whether or not your primary suspect is behind this. There are clearly a LOT of other people you've pissed off, people who, in numbers, could engineer this." I said, still with my most mind-changing tone possible.

"...WHAT IS A 'PRIMARY SUSPECT?!'" Bavaden yelled.

"JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!" I yelled back, still heavy with influency.

"...It wasn't terrifically easy, but in comparison, yes it was!" Bavaden yelled back, very angrily.

Then the root we were gripping on-as well as pretty much the three trees we were between-started to shake violently. Screwing Bavaden, I gripped the root so hard I broke the wooden skin and burrowed into the wood within. Vyraz, Film and Meta had to suddenly maneuver to evade the suddenly violent trees. As if to prove it was less and less of a sound idea to let go, I could hear screams emitting from that tunnel. I used Aura Sight, but all I could make out were 4 auras, all differently colored. There were only three knights...

At this point, the remaining Knight was flung off, away from the pit. Bavaden, however, seemed to have an iron grip on the root...However, other roots reached up and now tried dislodging us from the root we were on now. Both curled up routhly around the legs and torso, and then tried yanking the victim out. I pushed my fingers even deeper into the root, violently resisting the pull of the other root with all my might. Bavaden didn't have my strength, and was easily ripped off and flung into the pit.

My root suffered a different fate. Meta (apparently) applied Psychic pressure to part of the root, so, after a very painful (and energy-draining) minute, the part of the root that was gripping me was cut off, leaving me hanging, alone. I removed my grip and left to floating (f*** gravity), and got out of the range of the angry Trees, making sure to evade the roots. My Pokémon followed suit, happy to leave the range of the rampaging roots.

A lethal splinter the size of a spear was sent flying past as soon as the roots were out of range for my Pokemon, and I didn't get the chance to dodge. It missed its target, thankfully, but it was too close for my comfort. However, now I got a clear picture of who was doing this.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 08-06-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Sorry, not a Chapter.

I have realized that, due to IRL reasons that are out of my control, I have to abandon my computer for 3 days. I have told Narphoenix (and really, I should have posted that information here sooner as well-sorry about that too) that I would officially consider this thread dead if I could NOT get my lazy rear in gear and make a post by Sunday. However, I can't get the post in on those days and I will not be able to finish it in the minimal time I get today. Henceforth, I will add three days to the officially dead date of Eon Sky-that would mean next Wensday.

Don't fret, though. I may, regardless of the dead-date, post the next chapter and revive it regardless. Emphasis on 'may.'

Just letting you know. Sorry, again, that this wasn't a chapter, and that I didn't notify you that I was planning on considering it dead.

EDIT: also, please note that I do have a phone...But I cannot access the documents to post the chapter. So do not complain on how I can still otherwise post and edit posts.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 09-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

...As in, who threw that wooden spike, anyways.

There were about sixty humans or Pokemorphs, with 1 Pokémon accompanying each and every one of them, making for a force of approximately 120. They clearly were outcasts from Crimit, taking refuge in the forests and becoming an allied faction: Their very appearances suggested this. What they (ALL-even the Pokemon) wore was a very natural substance, yet vastly different than what I would call 'natural,' considering that it all curved around their bodies to form armor and masks. A single symbol appeared on all of it: A vine grasping a crown. Perhaps they orchestrated this-explaining why there were four figures underground when there were only 3 knights with Bavaden when I looked with aura vision-the extra was from their side. I landed immediately, behind a small patch of roots that formed admirably good cover-none of which were from the raging trees behind me, of course. My Pokémon followed that suit as well. I took cover, fearing immediate retaliation for escaping the trap.

"You, hiding behind that root! I know you're alive! Come out, and we may spare your life!" Said one of the faction's members. Well, they weren't attacking by shooting arrows-and I saw bows-so I decided that compliance, for now, would be the best course of action. I stepped out, slowly, giving them no reason for alarm.

Upon closer inspection, it was apparent that the masks and armor they were was as if it was sculpted for their bodies to have on. It was skintight, so I could tell no differences in facial expression. They were covered in it everywhere, except where parts needed to move-there instead was a more flexible Moss. They all had a weapon, even the Pokémon.

"You, fellow...Outcast? Prisoner? What is your walk of life?" Said the man at the front, the leader, judging from the fact that it looked more careful and less rugged in its design.

"None of your concern." I replied bluntly. I wasn’t aligning myself with MORE factions, especially those strictly local to the planet.

The leader obviously didn't like my unwillingness to answer his question. He approached me, despite not drawling arms. "You, so young to be imprisoned by Crimit's forces and used against your fellows! What injustice is this! Arceus forbid this!" He shouted. The small army behind him seemed to agree, based on the small wave of chatter, and they got slightly more mobile. "This is-"

"Mate." I said, managing to shut him up before the speech about all the s**t Crimit did came. Quite frankly, I didn't care. I hated his guts, but was Bavaden's death any concern of mine? No. Just leaving the forest and finding what I could now identify as some sort of familiarity. Bavaden’s only purpose was keeping Blizzard in line with the threat of Anti-Volteer chains.

"...Yes?" The leader said, with a hint of danger in his voice. At this point, he was in range of having a sword shoved through him. Yes, he was stupid.

"I am not caring." I stated as I shoved the Black Illicit Blessing-AKA the newly pronounced Bleak Truth-into his chest with enough force to pierce the armor and kill him.

"Cue the warzone," I thought to myself. It clearly looked that way: The surrounding potential Volteers and their Pokémon realized what happened after I was done shoving my sword into the gut of the man, which tipped them off to start drawing weapons and/or use moves to buff up their current status. Particuarily, the front-row archers and their support looked particuarily tense. However, they didn't immediately fire, which confused me. Everyone else I met knew that if I killed SOMEONE, it was time to start fighting back. COMMON SENSE, FOLKS. I advocate that.

"Well, now we realize why our lady wanted you dead! Half-brainwashed, I assume?" Said another in the crowd. "We're giving you one last chance to come with us without us having to kill you. We outnumber you, and we're just as strong. You will be-"

These people were idiots. No doubt. Chivalry! Is! F***ing! Dead!

"Not interested." I said, now smirking. A pulse of Arbitarian Fire shot itself forward from my body at the end of my sentance, turning into a wall thereof aimed at the front row. Those not killed immediately were killed soon thereafter from the paralyzing pain and failure to move away. The archers that weren't up front fired their arrows-I rolled to the left and out of the way of the main volley, and the few strays that were off to the left just missed me. The warriors that went into the now-growing Arbitarian Fire were falling down on-contact with the terribly painful energy, as it continued to spread, though those few were the very stupid and very rare exceptions to the rest, who had the common sense to go around it. They got the message at this pont.

"Attack! He's hostile!" Said someone.

<"It took them THAT LONG to figure that out?!"> Issac said, starting to go into a fit of chuckles at the sheer stupidity of these people, as my Pokémon gathered around me, ready to start fighting.

The Arbitarian Fire I launched off was starting to cut off the others from reaching me, initially making a constant trickle of forces that were quickly dispatched by me and my Pokemon (namely Meta on the left side, or Scyez on the right), then turning into an outright wall they did not want to cross. Those that could jump over did, but it was either Scyez's Aura Sphere or Meta's Psychic that sent them backwards, discouraging second attempts if they lived. The fire also had the added effect of not being see-through, as the opposition couldn't see through to properly aim an arrow. Of course they tried, but their aim was badly off. Despite the huge numbers advantage the forces of the D**med forest had against me, if they didn’t find a way to fend off the Arbitarian Fire (or didn’t have someone on hand that could match me-and I was pretty sure that Blizzard wasn’t a part of the attackers and could do that), they’d screw over. Badly. I knew it. It was barely a fight at all at this point, and it was only a matter of when they'd actually retreat.

"Avalon, really?" Latries said. He usually didn't have this many complaints, but then again, half the time I was fighting Arbiters, who were as good as dead to me, were threatening my life, I was too pissed off for reason to work, or the people I met were dancing the line of irredeamability. "They're going to die in the worst way possible! That's torture!" He commented.

"Latries, for one, I had the energy to spare, and Arbitarian Fire is practical considering I absorbed a good deal of it earlier. They're not rushing headlong into it, so they're not going to do it willingly. I'm saving me and my Pokémon’s lives, d**mit! And if anything, they're willing to commit quite zealously to-"

"They haven't committed to anything you know of!" Latries barked back, as I narrowly dodged a lucky arrow shot that was aimed in my direction. "And also, is it MUCH to ask that you AVOID killing everyone you meet just because they-Uhh, Avalon?" He added, noticing the same thing I was. At the exact same time, of course.

I noticed it now, but this wasn't anticipated. At the same time though, it should have been VERY well anticipated, considering the previous trap and the encounter with the Serperior before then. The roots of the trees that escaped the burning thus far had moved far out the way of the Arbitarian Fire, and made a bridge straight over it, while those that did went under the bridge in an attempt to stop the burning. The bridge spanned the length that the flames once occupied, meaning the whole point was, for now, useless. Also, a thick vine wall-the spiky, poisonous kind Septim warned me of-had appeared behind me. It started curving, but apparently whoever was doing it was either exhausted from the prior stunt with the three trees or else was being contested by someone. Either way, the vines stopped growing, which was the good news, at the bare minimum. Nevertheless, the situation came from a simple and fairly manageable situation to an honestly challenging and potentially lethal one. Even an idiot knows that's not good, and considering the numbers advantage the opposition had, this wasn't fun at all.

Backed near a wall that could kill us if we so much as poked it, The only way to fight was to take them on close-quarters in such a manner that they'd be forced to back up and get us over the bridge, before whoever caused the vines to grow got a second wind. A Sitzkreig in this case would be VERY lethal. The Archers quickly realized that shooting me wasn't working so hot even without the fire ruining their aim (I was still sending back the arrowheads with a small-yet-strong flick of kinetic energy, making a small projectile that could harm nearly as good as any bullet). They swapped to an axe and went for close-quarters combat, just like everyone and everything else.

I took a step forward to get the intentions of our tactics across to my teammates and started slashing. Parry here, block there, get in through a hole in the defenses and slit a throat here, duck from an Energy Ball or another kind of ranged attack occasionally, they were easier than the usual assortment of foes I faced before, but not so easy that I would almost regret it a little as being slaughter. I guess I liked fighting. Latries, albeit not saying anything about that, responded to that thought by giving me that weird feeling in my head-not like it wasn't already screwed over royally. I had to remind myself not to use Psychic attacks through the battle, which would make disarming the rest so easy-like, take ALL their weapons and kill them with it with telekinesis. There were several weapons that were made of some kind of rock heavily akin to a metal which was unusable to my advantage otherwise-but anything made of metal, potentially indicating a slightly higher rank, was instantly abused-the wielder fatally wounded and those around him damaged. There weren't THAT many metal using-foes in comparison to the stone-wielding ones, however, so that was only useful as a small cut of their forces, as I could not maintain the focus on that long enough to do more damage. They also were competent enough to not lose all their forces in a few strokes of my blades. They had a very defensive-minded style, focused on blocking and parries to create surefire openings rather than risking less assured openings, but I was strong enough to prevent the latter, so getting a hit in was as hard as some of the tougher foes I've faced, but clearly these foes had almost no offensive in exchange-in essence, a guaranteed win without injury. It just took time...Again, there were quite a few of them as well (around 160, again, counting those that died immediately), meaning even though their forces weren't terribly many, they could hold on for a while. The elevation bonus they got from the root bridge didn't help matters, and I can tell you now that bridge was small in the distance it spanned, yet had a very steep slant-just enough to climb over and have a huge elevation advantage over. They kept us from advancing throughout the battle with those tactics, unfortunately...

Septim, this time, decided to hang back and use Heal Pulse like an Audino usually did, and I didn't look, but I would have assumed that anyone getting to the healer was thrown into the thorn wall. Occasionally, the lucky enemy got to the healing blast and cut it off from the true target (unto which case he would quickly be murdered by whoever was closest, upon the realization that there was someone behind us), but usually my Pokémon and I got the hits, allowing us to be more aggressive without fear of wounding ourselves. This clearly had a negative impact once that was fully known in the commotion. I could feel it, after several were downed-fear. Human, Pokémon, and Pokemorph alike, were starting to fear that, quite frankly, six Pokémon and what appeared to be a human were holding back a 160-strong attack force, all members thereof being armed. Especially since Scyez was involving her 'weapon' as much as possible.

"EXTRA! CRISPY! GRASS! EKANS! THINGY!" Scyez yelped, continuously during the encounter, even when she wasn't using her Serperior corpse as a weapon. Apparently, it was not a good whip at all, but it was heavy enough that its body provided an excellent bludgeoning weapon: that thing ramming against a foe's head was good enough for immediate unconsciousness. If not that, she'd hold her Serperior Corpse in one hand and use the other to just do things like rip off appendages and use said ripped-off appendages for beating other people's heads off, which she'd then use to slam into people's crotches, which gave her the opportunity to use her...Extra Crispy Grass Ekans Thingy.

That would be pure meme material, if not for the fact the Extra Crispy Grass Exans Thingy just so happened to be an Endangered Species.

Regardless of that...Well, the idiots facing us were actually starting to overwhelm us. Lesha was particularly prone to being overwhelmed, and left her position to team up with me on my shoulder, making the forces that attacked her divert attention to me. Ugh.

"For the Queen!" one shouted, one that immediately got crushed under Meta's foot-Meta seemed to be doing good with the sudden increase of directions he was being attacked from. They were all smaller than him, an unwise choice of personnel to take on something of that nature…

<"'For the Queen?' That does it, that Princess is responsible!"> Issac exclaimed, as I parried and Lesha fired a Signal Beam at someone's face.

<"You mean Natalie? Considering all Shaymin are female, then it could be a Shaymin as well..."> Karazin replied. That coincided with a severed head being flung from Scyez's direction (obviously by Scyez) to knock out a flyer that was trying to kill Film. Film was disgusted by it in the brief glimpse I caught of him.

<"It could be both, if Natalie is a Pokethrobe or a Pokemorph..."> Mario added. I noticed a Rhyperior and a Machamp (only identifying the correct species by the shape of their bodies) bringing up the rear end. The whole of the forces of the D**med Forest had gotten over the bridge, conveniently just before the Arbitarian Fire had risen high enough to start burning that.

<"A strong Volteer or Magic user could do it, as well...Feminine, of course, keeping with the fact that it’s a queen...That Rhyperior does not look friendly..."> Meta said, changing topic as the Rhyperior was advancing upon him. The very prospect of a ground-type attack was making him back up, towards the Poisonous thorns. Uh-oh.

"Someone save Meta's a**! And watch the fire!" I said, as the Arbitarian Fire suddenly sprang from its spot to rejoin my bodily energies once more. Along the way, it set several of the opponents right in front of me ablaze, and the hyper-painful fire quickly rendered the affected very much unconscious from the level of pain. I let them lie where they were. No need for mercy there. Latries separated himself from the rest of me more for that, causing more of that weird feeling I disliked.

Avoiding the remaining fires, I flicked part of some of the fires through the surrounding attacker's defenses (in case the bodies on the ground weren't dead), thereby clearing up the attackers that were assaulting me as they wailed in pain. The remainder cleared, I left Scyez to her doing (her Dark Pulses were doing an excellent job of keeping opposition at bay), and proceeded to help Meta.

Some foes tried flanking my backside-Lesha was apparently helping take care of that (though I still had to plunge my leg into their ribcages at high-speed occasionally), as I myself flanked foes that Vyraz was fighting. He wasn't very smart with his bodily movements, but it was still relatively new, the form of a Salamance, so that was mostly forgivable. Still, he knew that a large body like his could realistically throw things as larger than something human-sized around. That, and Fire Blast was very much powerful for a move when your foes wore armor of bark and moss...Supposedly. Apparently, for whatever d**med reason, they were fireproofed. I was sharing the same outright confusion you now obviously are all divulging in.

I got around him, and noticed Film, having taken out the vast majority of his foes. Being smaller and having an aerial advantage, and apparently getting over his scar (I DID NOT KNOW FOR SURE), sure did help when enemies were mostly defensive. The style of dodging and striking was mostly as defensive as the warriors, but the definitely-functioning eye was catching weak points the warriors did not realize. Henceforth, they were all knocked out...Not dead. Togekiss were not killers by nature. Not good in my book of survival.

All of that came in a split second's thought, as I then transitioned to assisting Meta. The forces that did not consist of anything taller than Meta were already dead-Perhaps because that they thought the head of a Metagross is any bit safe? Folks, it's just NOT safe. Regardless, the only thing that could realistically murder Meta was right in front of Meta, and boy, it looked angry.

"I SERVE THE QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!" Said Rhyperior yelled. Clearly, it was going to town with Meta's fear of it. I was about to intervene, but life had complications, as usual.

"HEY! LEMMEGOLEMMEGOLEMMEGO! You're not soft and comfy! YOU'RE NOT SOFT AND COMFY! MEANIE!!! LEMMEDOWNLEMMEDOWN!!!"I turned my head, and lo behold, with a small pile of corpses surrounding the whole scene (Scyez's work, most likely), a Machamp had Scyez raised above his head with two arms, and held the other two in that insulting gesture Hykidas locals liked to give a**holes. Septim was apparently not concerning himself with anything other than healing (especially not that Machamp), Film was busy distracting the Rhyperior (sensing my intentions and failing badly at actually damaging it) and Vyraz was, apparently, focusing all of his might in killing something that was obscured by his body, and he was dead-focused on this opponent that I couldn't see from my angle. Lesha would die immediately against a Rhyperior or a Machamp, so it was really just up to me. Figures. I briefly contemplated the possible choices-Save Meta now, risk Scyez's life, or vice-versa. I decided Scyez took priority, taking into the fact that Film was distracting the Rhyperior somewhat.

The Machamp was looking at me when I made the first step towards him, which was very, very bad. Two things about Machamp: First off, if it's holding something your weight, a Machamp can murder you with it. Second off, it does so by throwing it at ludicris speeds. Also noteworthy: Lucario have steel bones, yet they themselves are quite immune to the metal control of a Volteer for reasons yet to be determined. Needless to say, I did have a great stamina and physical endurance when compared to a normal human, but there was no way I was staying conscious when of all things, Scyez’s body hit. And it did. That Machamp, I envision, you will now and forever, and starting right now, adorn as 'Chuck Norris Junior.'

All I could remember was Scyez's body impacting with my ribcage and the sound of bones breaking, before my consciousness officially was off the radar. If there's any consolation, well, I'm writing my d**m autobiography, you know I am not dead.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

I woke up, initially thinking that I was back at the Calypso-I had long since abandoned the hope that I'd wake up back at my loft bed back at my home, or more realistically, a hospital bed after who-knows-how-long. Then I remembered that this was NOT the case, feeling the wounds of the battle resume to pain me, particularly where my chest was. I looked around-someone was keeping me from moving upwards-and I could clearly see Scyez, who was in a state of absolute happiness at my awakening, and Septim, who was promptly annoyed by it.

"What happened?" I immediately asked. No jokes about it, that I could see Scyez and Septim meant I was alive and well, as well as them, and we were safe. Meaning, somehow, the two of them survived with me as well, at the bare minimum...

"You obtained a terrible case of broken bones, internal bleeding, and a shattered ribcage. Did you get a bas**t insane Lucario thrown at your torso recently?" Septim snarked.

"What else happened? Where's everyone else? Where am I? What went on during the fight?" I explained.

"I'll be frank. You lost that good-looking Lesha chick and the big smart-a** Metagross took a mortal wound. He's still alive, but it'll kill him eventually. Vyraz's wings were cut up by that Rhyperior, but that was recoverable, and Film fainted, but he's up and at them again..."

"...WHAT?!" I said, taking in the former two statements.

"To explain-"

"That coward! Lesha's PokéBall broke when Scyez rammed into you, and she heard the sound and knew what it meant. She fled into the woods, right then! She probably could have kept Meta from getting hurt, too! The meanie!! When I get my claws on her, I will rip her a-"

'part' was the remnant of that sentence, but Film cut him off for more reasons than what you probably immediately thought of. "Vyraz! You're yelling."

"...Sorry, Film." Vyraz said.

"As for Meta...Well, to put it frankly, the Rhyperior didn't do him in. Scyez Aura-Sphere’d the ba****d before he got wise ideas. That did the job, but...Then the nice little area where that load of carnage took place immediately started to come to life. At least part of it. One of the vines took a grip on Meta and swung back violently. My guess was that it wanted to ram Meta into the wall...Don't ask me why whatever was controlling those vines didn't make the Roseblade plants grow, it's beyond me. Anyway, it was making the motions to swing Meta into the Roseblade bushes, but Meta slipped out of the vine's grip as it flung backwards...Which, despite that near-miss of immediate death, made him get impaled into a sharp branch, apparently strong enough to not break from the force. Talk about the environment hating on you."

"Is he still-OOW!" I yelped, as I tried getting up and felt the wrath of my ripcage disagreeing with me. Septim pushed me back down.

"Stay down!...Look, the injury he sustained wasn't immediately fatal, but it's mortal as it gets...A Metagross losing one of its four brains is fatal no matter how you dice it. He can't move properly, either, one of his legs can't function without that particular brain. You can marvel at the gory display later, after I get your bones in one piece, and-Hey!"

I tried getting up again, ribcage injuries be d**med. That really didn't work out well for me, as, albeit I briefly saw the confirmation that Film and Vyraz were more than disembodied voices, I also saw-to my horror-Meta, in a kind of half-consciousness, bleeding profusely where the branch had just impaled his head (in a rock-formed cave of sorts), before Film decided that me being unconscious was much more favorable for him, and used Strength to KO me once more.

That time, I dreamed of both myself taking that impalement, in Meta’s form no less, and seeing it from a variety of angles, each time more gruesome than the last. To say the least, I wasn't happy.

(I tried to add this on to the 3rd part of the chapter, but that character limit just absolutely refused.)

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 09-06-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

OK, for starters, again, I am truly sorry about nearly letting Eon Sky die. I WILL promise, to whoever reads this besides me, that I will update much more often, regardless of school. That, or you can freely call me stupid.

On a lighter note, I will go back and edit out some other parts of Eon Sky that make no sense whatsoever, after a few Chapters. It makes life easier on your brain, after all, and I know you like that kind of thing.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!