Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Role Play Ľ Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 09-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Sheepat Offline

Default Re: Journey from the Valley Discussion and SU

I don't know if this will work or not, but hopefully it will:

Name: The Hope of Dawn (He renamed himself after his parents were killed. Most just call him Hope)

Species: Sceptile

History: The Hope of Dawn was born in the valley, a playful Treecko, to loving parents. His father, Grassheart, was an adventurous fellow who decided to leave the valley for his fate. Grassheart hoped to find the legendary Pokemon, particularly Shaymin, and he and The Hope of Dawn's mother left, never returning.

The Treecko was crushed, leaving the rest of the valley Pokemon, taking on the new name of The Hope of Dawn, forcing himself to forget his old name. He became a hermit, training himself against any outsider of the valley, killing when necessary, outliving others. He evolved into a Grovyle by the age of 14, then into a Sceptile at the age of 20. He briefly went back to the civilization, finding his old friends that he had known as a Treecko old and weary, while The Hope of Dawn was incredibly strong. That was when he was 40.

A major catastrophe happened when the Sceptile was running across a waterfall. A miscalculation caused him to fall, breaking his leg, among other injuries. He was found by his old friends, and nursed back to health before he left again. This when when the Sceptile was 50.

Ten years later, however, an Arcanine by the name of Firestorm invaded the valley, driving all the Pokemon out. The Hope of Dawn was one of the last ones who escaped, dueling off with Firestorm for a while. However, age wearied the Sceptile, and Firestorm was in a vengeful rage. The Hope of Dawn was defeated, escaping quickly.

Eventually, The Hope of Dawn met another survivor, Lifewing, who was a Pidgeotto. The two are currently travelling together.

The Hope of Dawn only recently found the main group, easily being alienated from them. He is seen by his companion, Lifewing, as one of the only Pokemon capable of battling Firestorm, if for a small while.

Personality: The Hope of Dawn rarely speaks, preferring to let others do as they're instructed. He views all others of young creatures, as he is incredibly old for one of his kind. Deep down inside of him is great anguish for finding his parents, if even their bodies. In fact, The Hope of Dawn sees this as a chance to make peace with why they abandoned him.

The Hope of Dawn has no kindness, just a sort of helpfulness to him, helping up younger members on mountains. He is a superb fighter, as he trained himself daily and occasionally against an outsider.

Appearance: Scars mark The Hope of Dawn's body, particularly a burn mark from his duel with Firestorm. The blades on his left arm are slightly worn with use, and he hasn't had time to sharpen it. His right eye droops lower than his left, a side effect of the fall from the waterfall. The Hope of Dawn also walks with a noticeable limp, and he isn't as fast as he used to be. He talks with a raspy voice.

I'll get Lifewing's SU up soon.

Last edited by Sheepat; 09-12-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:20 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Hey, that sounds like a pretty cool character. Scy has to accept, but you might wanna tweak it a little. You said his age is 60, but the calculations in your history say he was 50 when the attack happened. It actually hasn't been that long. Really only about a week since they were run from the Valley. ^^'

From the beginning though, I know for me it feels like it has been much longer than that. XD I'll have my SU re-posted here shortly. Just gonna make some minor improvements.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Sheepat, your sign up is accepted, but like Kris said, the attack was actually very recent, so you'll just need to edit the parts where it mentions when the attack happened.

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 09-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Sheepat Offline

Oh, hey, sorry about that XD I meant to put on the fact that the attack on the valley happened ten years after the waterfall. Oops *Edits SU*

EDIT: On another, note, I forgot that I had renamed Lifewing Feather... I like Lifewing better though, so I'll stick with that XD

Last edited by Sheepat; 09-12-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

I should get the new SUs up... Ehehehehe.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:17 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Okie dokies! An updated SU for Chip, Poppy, and Torin. I kept feeling like maybe I should trim back to two characters, but just couldn't bring myself to choose one. They work so well together! XD
Anyway, here ya go. And I kinda did their histories all in one shot since they coincide and would have come out too similar. Hope ya don't mind. ^^'

Name: Poppy
Species: Furret

Appearance: Looks like most Furret, brown and cream with rings around her body, a thick tail, and two stripes on each cheek. Poppy is a bit smaller than most Furret though and has a purple scarf tied to one side on her neck.

Personality: Perhaps the most childish of the three, her emotions rule more and she often finds herself relying on Chip and Torin. Generally happy, very little is needed to make her sad, she will let others know when she is angry, can be easily frightened, and her innocent kindness makes her sympathetic to others. Poppy also seems to be the more adventurous of the twins, almost always jumping in on Torinís schemes. She's not too fond of confrontation and will usually back down unless she believes that someone is in serious trouble, but is in no way weak. She actually knows more attacks than Chip and has a strange ability she does not understand yet.

Name: Chip
Species: Furret

Appearance: Although he is taller, Chip and Poppy are twins. Like her, he has green eyes and rings of the same proportions. He has a slice in his left ear from long ago and wears a dark red bandana around his neck. He is currently recovering from a slash down his left side caused by a Leaf Blade while running from the Valley.

Personality: There are times that he does not act his age and times when he is the most mature of the group. Chip hates to see other Pokemon sad, especially his sister, and will usually try to find a way to lighten their mood. He's strong and fiercely protective. While willing to fight, he rarely jumps to conclusions about anything. Seeing new things should be exciting, but he misses being able to stop and just have fun like they all used to. Remembering what other Pokemon taught him makes Chip quite resourceful about the environment. He is also able to sniff out fresh water and his Keen Eye can see great distances.

Name: Torin
Species: Pikachu (for now)

Appearance: He has a somewhat scruffy coat. With a more golden color and rusty brown stripes on his back, he is what we call shiny. He also wears his grandmother's necklace strung with pieces of freshwater shells. Torin is actually the oldest, being a few seasons older than the twins.

Personality: As the son of a skilled healer, he is very knowledgeable himself and by nature cannot stand to see ill or injured Pokemon. He is fairly mellow, even a little timid when being praised, and does not let a lot get to him. This helps him to deal with injured Pokemon calmly and gently. If someone presses the wrong buttons though, he has a very sharp temper that ignites quickly. Chip often has to break it up when he gets into a fight. He wonít hold a grudge, but do not expect him to cool off quickly. Usually, he will apologize after having time to think. Torinís general attitude brings a curious streak that often results in spontaneous plans of exploration.

History: In the middle of a heavy winter storm, Chip and Poppy were found by an old Raichu called Nevita. She had heard them crying outside of the hollow tree she lived under. The twins were only a couple seasons old. Nevita had not seen them in that part of the Valley before and had no way of knowing how they came to be wandering out in the storm. The tiny male had an injury to his ear that had dried over and both had a fine layer of ice in their fur. She brought the two in and took care of them, even giving them their names. They became family, living in the burrow beside the lake. Her daughterís family also lived nearby and Nevitaís grandson was not much older than the twins. Spending some time together, they quickly became close friends.

As they got older, Torin was with his father more as he passed on his skills for healing. There was a lot for him to know, different berries and herbs, how and when to use them, and how to tend sick Pokemon. From a young age he would go gathering with his father, learning the difference between similar plants since some could be harmful. While Torin was being schooled in healing, the twins were helping Nevi. Sometimes they would gather berries. Some would go to Torinís dad, others were dried for the winter, and the rest were given to the Caterpie and Wurmple that lived nearby in exchange for some of their silk. When they werenít busy with other things, the three were almost always playing or exploring together.

On the day of the attack, they were out together. Chip was watching with slight exasperation as Torin and Poppy raced to climb a tall pine tree for the third time. Being smaller, Torin was of course able to go higher although Poppy was arguing that she had made it up faster. They were cut off by noise echoing around the walls of the Valley that would rise and fall in bursts. It took a moment for them to realize it was the sound of battle. Many battles. Torin had just pointed out smoke rising from one end of the Valley when they heard Nevita calling for them. When the old Raichu caught up to them she looked scared and said they had to hurry. After hearing that an army of Pokemon was attacking, Torin refused to leave without finding his parents first. Before they could turn back though, a group of angry Pokemon cut them off and attacked. Chip retaliated when Poppy was knocked to the ground by a Forretress. Torin was rolling on the ground with a Luxio when a Victreebel threw Nevita into them. The old Raichu quickly pulled him to his feet while the Luxio was still dazed. Pulling her necklace off, she told him to run for now and that he was to give it to his mother when they found her. Torinís blood ran cold as he realized that his grandmother was already bleeding heavily and did not intend to run with them. Before he could protest, Chip let out a cry of pain as a Leaf Blade raked down his side. Poppy pushed the Victreebel and Forretress back with a furious Ice Beam, but more Pokemon were coming. Nevita urged them to get as far away as they could. While they turned to run, she put every ounce of energy into a Hyper Beam to hold up the attackers. Completely exhausted, they saw her go down with two Pokemon tackling her. They started running again at Chipís urging and managed to escape the Valley walls.

After joining up with more Pokemon fleeing the Valley, they faced the dry wasteland before them. Torin had many injuries to take care of from the other escaped Pokemon, including Chipís side. The twins became strained when Poppy began having bad dreams and would not talk to her brother. It all came to a head after they reached the swamps and Chipís injury became infected. The two managed to talk things through, returning to their normal relationship. Though, Poppy is still somewhat bothered by the visions from her dream.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:35 AM
Sheepat Offline

Alright, here's Lifewing:

Name: Lifewing

Species: Pidgeotto

History: Lifewing was born to the Feather Clan, quickly finding himself to be the Soul-Flyer, a prophesied to bring salvation to the Feather Clan from the Grip of Sloth. None of them knew what the
'Grip of Sloth' meant, as they were among the busiest Pokemon in the valley. Nonetheless, fearing the wrath of 'Sloth' they preened Lifewing, training him to be a powerful warrior. He was considered royalty among the Feather Clan, meeting a pretty Chatot named Azul-Eyes. The two promised themselves for one another, becoming the best of friends. However, Azul-Eyes was forced to leave the Feather Clan after she accidentally caused the death of the Feather Clan's leader, Grimclaw. Broken-hearted at this, Lifewing resigned himself to his fate of becoming Soul-Flyer, throwing himself into his work.

However, Azul-Eyes returned, terribly injured from falling down from high up. Grimclaw's son, Grimnut, had not heard of Azul-Eyes' exile, and soon the Honchkrow leader of Feather Clan found himself dueling off with Lifewing, a fight that life the Pidgeotto with a fierce scar on his right wing and left Grimnut dead. The rest of Lifewing's kinsbirds regarded him with both awe and hatred. Although Azul-Eyes soon left again, the Soul-Flyer was not, instead put down verbally, as none wished to incur his wrath and risk the same fate as Grimnut.

One day, while training himself against a sparring partner, Lifewing heard the sounds of battle. Taking a small squad over, he found Pokemon from outside the valley in battle with the residents. Lifewing himself fought an angry Scizor, beating it back until it found an easier opponent (poor Beautifly...) Lifewing then took a sudden blast of fire in the back, causing him to land, as a Magmar smiled in victory. Lifewing barely managed to escape.

He managed to fight for a berry that helped alleviate the burn, but it is still festering, not fully healing. He was separated from the rest of the valley Pokemon, but eventually met The Hope of Dawn, the two teaming up to survive.

Personality: Lifewing was raised to be brave. He is quick-witted, honest, and will rush headlong into battle with not thought of his safety. However, there is an air of arrogance about him, in the way he acts. It's almost as if he expects the Pokemon around him to bow. He also hogs a lot of the food, sharing sometimes, when the wind blows right, but ultimately being very selfish. Although he looks like he trusts you, deep down he seemed to suspect even Azul-Eyes.

Appearance: A bit larger than most Pidgeotto, Lifewing has a scar on his right wing, a peck that disrupted his flying for a while. It is surprisingly conspicuous, and Lifewing flaunts it whenever he can. He has a patch over his right eye, but its not on because he lost it. On the contrary, in the dark he takes it off so he can see better at night. A furious burn mark is on his back, healing bit by bit.

A quick question: Where will the RP start up? After the swamp?
Old 09-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

I loved your sign ups, Kris!

And Lifewing sounds like an interesting character, Sheepat. Accepted.

And the roleplay will start when they're still in the swamp.

-My Links-
Old 09-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Okay, got my sign-ups done (in my last post ^^)

Old 09-16-2012, 12:48 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Thanks, Scy. Heh, just thought they needed bulked up a little. I was still relatively new to RPs when you started this before. ^^'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Also, would it be okay if we just say Snowsong and Ember met up with the gang at the start of the swamp? Maybe they met just last night, so the two are still new to everybody but have been introduced ^^

BUT, I'm not sure what to do with Gladewing. I think I'd like to just re-introduce him to everybody (maybe after a little time has passed or something), but I'm not sure if you guys want to go through that again xD What do you think? ^^
Y'know, technically Snowsong and Embyr really had been introduced and were still new. XD They first joined the group back in the cave, though they didn't take part in enough for anyone to get to know them. Gladewing is your choice if you wanna wait for Snowsong and Embyr to get established first.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

I read your sign ups, Charmander! And yes, you can have them already knowing the group for a short while (even if only for a day or a night or so).

-My Links-
Old 09-17-2012, 02:28 AM
rockon4life93 Offline

Can I still sign up?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Deciding, deciding. Aggranium will stay, of course, but I think I'll trash the other characters. Brokenstar...Eh, she can stay, I suppose.

Thunderclaw I'll get rid of though. But don't worry about the Absaichu - he will make an appearance in something else. Not a RP though :)

*Must get sign ups up*
Old 09-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockon4life93 View Post
Can I still sign up?
Yes, just read the rules and information on the front page.

-My Links-
Old 09-20-2012, 04:57 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I realize there's not a lot of SUs yet, but when would you like to get going? Maybe a general idea of a start time would get more people going. ^^